Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2012 9:19:31 PM EDT
Can I fit a 35.75" wide refrigerator into a 36" space?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on those measurements

Yes

ETA: Be mindfull of how far you set the fridge in the space, if it is in a space that has walls or cabinets that go out toward the front of the fridge, you might run into problems opening the doors. As long as everything is behind the doors by a couple inches, you should be good just might have to be careful swinging doors open too fast, might slam into something....

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes but opening the door might be problematic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Actual fridge dimensions, or the grabassitic and meaningless numbers advertised?

Also check the depth of the fridge vz depth to clear the cabinets.

As noted above, ya gotta have swing clearance on the hinge side.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you make hamburgers from ground beef?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Will it fit? Probably.

Should you? No. It needs a couple of inches of space around the top & sides for air circulation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Fit? Yeah, it should, you'll have 1/8" on both side left over.

Good idea? Not really, as space to open the door(s) if you slide it back too far won't exist.
Also, if you slide it too far back, you'll have a hell of a time getting enough leverage to pull
it back out of that space.

In for the lulz later on if pushed back too far... "I had to demolish a wall to move my frige" posting.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]

You will have to remove the base board and /or shoe mold at the floor line..  and hope like hell the walls are plumb..  measure the width from the inside towards the back too..  

You should be good to go..
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Less than....greater than.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fit? Yeah, it should, you'll have 1/8" on both side left over.

Good idea? Not really, as space to open the door(s) if you slide it back too far won't exist.
Also, if you slide it too far back, you'll have a hell of a time getting enough leverage to pull
it back out of that space.

In for the lulz later on if pushed back too far... "I had to demolish a wall to move my frige" posting.....

So what max size fridge for my 36" space? 32-33?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
These newfangled refrigerator things, they come with this thing called "instructions".

These "instructions" have "information" on the actual 3 dimensional measurements for the refrigerator.

These "instructions" also have "information" that pertains to minimum distances required for safe and efficient operation of the refrigerator.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These newfangled refrigerator things, they come with this thing called "instructions".

These "instructions" have "information" on the actual 3 dimensional measurements for the refrigerator.

These "instructions" also have "information" that pertains to minimum distances required for safe and efficient operation of the refrigerator.

ARFcom don't need no stinking directions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will it fit? Probably.

Should you? No. It needs a couple of inches of space around the top & sides for air circulation.

This. No circulation and it could over work the system and burn up
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Not if you have baseboards in that space...
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe maybe not. Insulation puffs out the sides.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Ive got my fridge stuffed in a spot similar to the one you described and it functions fine.

Air flow is not an issue.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]
If I can fit 12" into 7" of space I'm sure you can fit that in there.

Just watch your fingers and don't hit the sides too bad. 1/8 of an inch on each side is doable but tight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#17]
You need room above the box for hot air to get out.  Those coils back there MUST breathe in at the bottom and out at the top.  They get hot.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you make hamburgers from ground beef?

And bears do shit in the woods I'm told. YMMV  
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If I can fit 12" into 7" of space I'm sure you can fit that in there.

Just watch your fingers and don't hit the sides too bad. 1/8 of an inch on each side is doable but tight.

I'm sure she was a happy girl after that
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 1:47:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Much like sex, if it seems too big to fit, you just have to shove it in fast.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#22]
While your frige is probably square, many structures are not.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top