Site Notices
4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:08:12 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Are there any that beat the Czech Republic with ownership of semi-autos and CCW?
1Andy2
Grand Wizard of the Human Supremacist Movement
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:11:39 PM
Originally Posted By g3shooter:
Are there any that beat the Czech Republic with ownership of semi-autos and CCW?

I think you can own full auto stuff in Finland. Not sure.
I'll be back.
fosters
FDCC Paparazzi
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:11:53 PM
Probably not...
When I'm good noone remembers...
When I'm bad....noone forgets
g3shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:13:23 PM
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

I think that is only corporations that do movies and stuff.

They really cracked down after a mass shooting...IIRC there were even proposals to ban all handguns.
A1911SHOOTER
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:14:34 PM
The ME countries has some decent gun laws..and of course Africa where you can get an AK for the price of chicken
RabidMonkeyPox
Be the Broken or the Breaker
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:15:10 PM
I'd go to africa if you want to run around with an rpg and not have anyone bat and eyelash
I am the Vile to burn in Paradise
It is better to Reign in Hell than Serve in Heaven----Milton
The darkness under a whore's bed sheets
swede1986
The swedish version of Mr. T
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:16:12 PM
Czech Republic is the only one where CCW is easy.

Switzerland has good gun laws except for CCW.
I Pity The FOOL!

DK-Prof
PsychoPolitical Master & King of the PureSkins(TM)
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:16:23 PM
Finland is pretty good.

The problem is that it can be difficult to judge without knowing a LOT about how they laws are actually implemented (or having lived there). Some European counties may seem like their laws aren't really that bad on paper, but in practice they are VERY restrictive. As an example, in Denmark, it is eminently POSSIBLE to own handguns (i.e. handgun ownership is legal), but in any practical sense it's very, very difficult, and highly restricted and regulated. So while the Czech republic sounds great, I wonder if there are a bunch of restrictions in practice that are not immediately evident at first glance.

Ultimately, there really is just NO country on the planet that values and protects gun ownership like the U.S. does, and has the legal protections in place for the average citizen to own both handguns and semi-auto rifles.
This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !
swede1986
The swedish version of Mr. T
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:16:57 PM

It's very difficult to get a license for full auto in Finland.
I Pity The FOOL!

1Andy2
Grand Wizard of the Human Supremacist Movement
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:19:24 PM
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Finland is pretty good.

The problem is that it can be difficult to judge without knowing a LOT about how they laws are actually implemented (or having lived there). Some European counties may seem like their laws aren't really that bad on paper, but in practice they are VERY restrictive. As an example, in Denmark, it is eminently POSSIBLE to own handguns (i.e. handgun ownership is legal), but in any practical sense it's very, very difficult, and highly restricted and regulated. So while the Czech republic sounds great, I wonder if there are a bunch of restrictions in practice that are not immediately evident at first glance.

Ultimately, there really is just NO country on the planet that values and protects gun ownership like the U.S. does, and has the legal protections in place for the average citizen to own both handguns and semi-auto rifles.

I would bet that there are some European nations with less restrictive gun laws than a few US States. Both in practice and on paper.
I'll be back.
VTHOKIESHOOTER
Foresters do it in the woods كاف
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:20:02 PM
What are the laws like in Romania?
The Republican and Democrat parties are two sides of the same turd.
DK-Prof
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:20:09 PM
Finland is pretty good.

I would bet that there are some European nations with less restrictive gun laws than a few US States. Both in practice and on paper.

Good point - especially if you include specific U.S. cities, like D.C., Chicago, NYC, etc
watchwatch
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:24:50 PM

What about Switzerland? Gun ownership is very much a part of their national identity. IIRC, They did lose CCW a few years ago. But CCW in the US has only been widespread over the past 20 years.
dirtyone04
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:26:12 PM
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:
I'd go to africa if you want to run around with an rpg and not have anyone bat and eyelash

Hey, Sarah...Africa is a continent, not a country.
I don't think South Africa (a country) shares the views of their upstairs neighbors.
Anger is a Gift
Kuraki
No mas pantalones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:30:18 PM
We've had Czech members say that CCW is not only possible, but relatively easy to obtain for a citizen, perhaps harder for an expat but not impossible. Every time this subject comes up I'm reaffirmed that the US is the only place on earth that respects the right to bear arms as part of it's culture and as a civil right, and while there may be other countries that approach firearm ownership in similar fashion, they either A) are not very attractive places to live or B) are quite attractive places to live, with restrictions on foreign expats that would make anything close to the firearm freedom one has in the US (as a born citizen or naturalized immegrant) impossible.

Czech Republic being the closest, best approximation from what I can recall from previous discussions. With smoking hot women and damn good beer.
DanTSX - "Acquiring better guns by burying the shitty ones behind you is the path to enlightenment."
LaRue customer for life!
Harm seek, harm find
Plattekill
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:38:05 PM
Originally Posted By A1911SHOOTER:
The ME countries has some decent gun laws..and of course Africa where you can get an AK for the price of chicken

That's a LIVE chicken, pal.

Just keeping it real.
pivoproseem
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:58:14 PM
....I need a job in the Czech Republic..that doesn't involve teaching English.
Northwoods51
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:30:19 PM
Supposedly San Marino has pretty lenient gun laws. I don't know what they are however.
Bassgasm
Musician, not Fisherman
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:46:34 PM

Originally Posted By Kuraki:
We've had Czech members say that CCW is not only possible, but relatively easy to obtain for a citizen, perhaps harder for an expat but not impossible. Every time this subject comes up I'm reaffirmed that the US is the only place on earth that respects the right to bear arms as part of it's culture and as a civil right, and while there may be other countries that approach firearm ownership in similar fashion, they either A) are not very attractive places to live or B) are quite attractive places to live, with restrictions on foreign expats that would make anything close to the firearm freedom one has in the US (as a born citizen or naturalized immegrant) impossible.

Czech Republic being the closest, best approximation from what I can recall from previous discussions. With smoking hot women and damn good beer.

And kickass guns to boot.

"Boil eggs, not 1911s."-_DR

"If you have the inability to appreciate Jazz in pure form or it's mutations, then you truly are a simple minded person doomed to a life of Nascar and sorrow."-pighelmet
Surtr
Son of Liberty
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:48:54 PM
Look into Malta. Heard they like their guns.
"Cattle die, and kinsmen die, and so must one die oneself. But there is one thing I know which never dies, and that is the fame of a dead man's deeds." Havamal 77
LRRPF52
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 7:35:34 PM
[Last Edit: 9/1/2012 7:37:59 PM by LRRPF52]
Finland

It is rather easy to get full autos in Finland, but you have to apply for a machinegun collector's license, and present a collector's plan to the police when you apply for the license. I'm not relaying this info out of my back pocket, but from years of living there, and knowing scores of guys who own them. Basically, most guys will have a collection plan that is usually all the HK's, or all the SMG's from WWII, or all the belt-fed man-portable German MG's from WWII, things like that. There are a lot of MG34's, MG42's, MP44's, Suomi Kp31's, HK33's, HK21's, MP5's, etc. I was just blasting away with the Kp31 9mm SMG last week, which is my favorite SMG to shoot on AUTO due to the constant recoil principle.

Everyone I know that's a gun guy owns several AR15's, AR10's, Sig-551/552, pistols, suppressors, TRG's, and 60's-80's era FMS guns from the US that were Full Auto that could never be imported back into the US. Israeli Colt Commandos, Lebanese M16's, M14's from who knows where, Dutch AR10's, things like that.

Restrictions are pretty stupid. There are strict regulations on the thickness of the steel for your safes that increases with the number of semi-auto or full-auto blasters that you own, subject to inspection by the police. You also can't legally own small pistols like a Glock 27, but you can have a suppressed Glock 19 if the threaded barrel is a certain length.

You also can't use a firearm in any self-protection scenario, let alone protect yourself anyway. One of my relatives was jailed for 7 years for using his strait-edge to stab an intruder back during the war, when the guy broke in and attacked him while he was shaving. It took a Presidential pardon to get him released from prison.

Estonia

You can get CCW permits in Estonia, and the basic lax environment from Soviet black market economy is residual there, so hunting trips and basically anything you want to do can be done if you find the right guides. Estonia also has one of the highest per-capita murder rates internationally, although I haven't sensed too much trouble there, other than from the Russians of course.
Kuraki
No mas pantalones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:04:38 PM
You also can't use a firearm in any self-protection scenario, let alone protect yourself anyway. One of my relatives was jailed for 7 years for using his strait-edge to stab an intruder back during the war, when the guy broke in and attacked him while he was shaving. It took a Presidential pardon to get him released from prison.

Hakkaa paalle indeed
DanTSX - "Acquiring better guns by burying the shitty ones behind you is the path to enlightenment."
LaRue customer for life!
Harm seek, harm find
g3shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:09:57 PM
Originally Posted By watchwatch:

What about Switzerland? Gun ownership is very much a part of their national identity. IIRC, They did lose CCW a few years ago. But CCW in the US has only been widespread over the past 20 years.

But OCing a Sig 551 is possible, which is sweet.
g3shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:11:18 PM
Originally Posted By Surtr:
Look into Malta. Heard they like their guns.

They have ownership limitations.
Shung
EBR crew chief
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:12:35 PM
Czech republic is the best for ccw..

Switzerland would be best, if ccw werent may issue since 1999
My gratitude to the other animal that Jessica Alba touches, and to the coldest Tomcat pilot of the 80's !
Kuraki
No mas pantalones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:13:37 PM
[Last Edit: 9/1/2012 8:13:59 PM by Kuraki]
Originally Posted By Shung:

From your perspective maybe. But for an American looking to immigrate, the CR is much more inviting.
LaRue customer for life!
Harm seek, harm find
Shung
EBR crew chief
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:14:43 PM
Originally Posted By watchwatch:

But OCing a Sig 551 is possible, which is sweet.

A 550

And not loaded....

That would be illegal carry.

My gratitude to the other animal that Jessica Alba touches, and to the coldest Tomcat pilot of the 80's !
Shung
EBR crew chief
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:17:00 PM

From your perspective maybe. But for an American looking to immigrate, the CR is much more inviting.

Ok then. You can have anything here... FA stuff requires more paperwork and a 150$ tax though. A bit like in the US, but no fingerprinting etc..

The only difference is that the supply is open, so FA guns cost just their normal price.

No such thing as SBRs or SBSs either
g3shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:19:11 PM
[Last Edit: 9/1/2012 8:21:56 PM by g3shooter]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Finland

So self defense is basically de facto illegal?

But for an American looking to immigrate, the CR is much more inviting.

What American in their right mind would leave the United States for good?

74AKZ
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:19:20 PM
Finland is pretty good.

There may not be any that actually laws in place to protect it like the second amendment but there is probably a handful of them where the laws are just as lax or even laxer. Third world countries though. Afganistan and Iraq were pretty free with guns not long ago, not sure if they still are. I'm sure parts of Africa is lax. As far as I know all of Central/South America is stricter than US, but I'm sure enforcement is very spotty or non existent in spots.

Overall the US is going to be the best but there is other options.

I know they can have full autos in New Zealand. Not sure about CCW. Probably not.
Kubota3430
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:28:13 PM
Czech Republic,

Good gun laws +1
Good beer +1
Hot women +10

Enjoyed the hell out of Germany, saw Czechoslovakia in the distance, I would be in.

Switzerland, great place but you need serious $$$$ to live their.
Kuraki
No mas pantalones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:32:40 PM

Ok then. You can have anything here... FA stuff requires more paperwork and a 150$ tax though. A bit like in the US, but no fingerprinting etc..

The only difference is that the supply is open, so FA guns cost just their normal price.

I don't doubt that, I know the Swiss are generally very gun friendly. They're not incredibly immigrant friendly. From what I can tell it's next to impossible, actually. So none of those awesome gun laws would apply to me (I am guessing?) since I could not feasibly gain citizenship.
LaRue customer for life!
Harm seek, harm find
Kuraki
No mas pantalones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:33:21 PM
Finland

So self defense is basically de facto illegal?

But for an American looking to immigrate, the CR is much more inviting.

What American in their right mind would leave the United States for good?

Lots of them, tired of financing the unwilling and unable. Thousands, every year.
LaRue customer for life!
Harm seek, harm find
bigstick61
Extreme Conservative Arch-Liberal
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:44:16 PM
Originally Posted By 74AKZ:
Finland is pretty good.

There may not be any that actually laws in place to protect it like the second amendment but there is probably a handful of them where the laws are just as lax or even laxer. Third world countries though. Afganistan and Iraq were pretty free with guns not long ago, not sure if they still are. I'm sure parts of Africa is lax. As far as I know all of Central/South America is stricter than US, but I'm sure enforcement is very spotty or non existent in spots.

I know they can have full autos in New Zealand. Not sure about CCW. Probably not.

Bolivia, last I ckecked, has no gun laws to speak of. No import or export restrictions, no ownership restrictions, and no carry restrictions (on paper). For small arms, anyways. I'm sure there's something for crew-served weapons such as machine guns and like wise for destructive devices, but I haven't checked. But Bolivia, especially with the socialists in charge, doesn't sound like a great place to be.

Namibia is apparently an easy country in which to get a firearms license, even as a temporary visitor or expat resident, with the caveat that for non-citizens, getting it to cover handguns can be difficult (but not impossible). A firearms license is also a CCW license for whatever class of weapons the license covers (although on private property or out in the boonies open carry is acceptable; with CC, they take the concealed part seriously and exposure makes carry unlawful, but I don't think they consider printing to be exposure). While in Africa, it does have a sizeable European population and some of the trappings of Western civilization (plus the natural terrain that makes africa an interesting place to visit); a lot of German characteristics. They haven't been able to nationalize the property of whites, so it may be a better place than Bolivia, despite more gun restrictions.

South Africa used to be easy, apparently, to get a carry permit, but no longer, and now they have semi-auto restrictions on long guns as well. Since the law passed in 2004 it has become much less friendly to firearms, although I think the hunting industry and the Afrikaners ensure that the laws won't go too far; for now anyways. The way things are going, that can certainly change.
The finest opportunity ever given to the world was thrown away because the passion for equality made vain the hope for freedom.

-Lord Acton
bigstick61
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:46:33 PM

What are the laws on firearm importation, ownership, possession, etc. for non-citizens, whether residing there temporarily or on a longer-term basis? Assuming the other hurdles can be overcome (as is sometimes the cse in some of the may-issue parts of the U.S.), is it legally possible for a non-citizen to get a carry permit? If an American moved there and became a citizen and was young enough, would he be subject to conscription into the militia?
The finest opportunity ever given to the world was thrown away because the passion for equality made vain the hope for freedom.

-Lord Acton
DK-Prof
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:16:51 PM
Finland is pretty good.

You should try go to some of those places you image are as good or better, and test your theory.

It would be quite the wake-up call, I promise.
Bohem
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:15:11 AM

Depends on what you value the most.
There are still countries within Europe that lets you buy rifle/shotgun over the counter if you prove you are over 18 - Austria, Switzerland, France. (sometimes even without registration!)
There are states that let you own silencers without any hassle or even registration.
In Switzerland you can buy machineguns like cakes (well, almost).

What I like about CZ gunlaws is that I can buy any semiauto gun and carry it. Until just recently I was student and carried daily at my univestity - it is legal. And yes, we never had a single school shooting.
I dont have to care about "no gun" signs: http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=23027. Any CZ gun law doesnt know "short barreled rifle" term.
CCW is shall issue - within 10 milion citizens, there are 310 000 licenced gun owners and 234 000 of them are permited to carry.
What i dislike is certain amount of bureaucracy (partialy resulr of European legislation implementation) that precedes gun purchase. e.g. "Permission to purchase" that is ahall issue - cops have no power to reject it, but it cost you time and small amount of money:-/
No silencers
No JHP/EFMJ in handguns*
No machineguns**
No lasers***
No shooting outside of shooting range, except for SD situations

*there is some kind of jhp made of copper/brass that is due to JHP definition legal, but hard to find.
** almost, you can apply for "exception to purchasese" that is may issue and few shooters have machineguns/assault rifles - Ive shot about 6 of them. But no CCW, just collection and range usage.
*** legal tu purchase, just dont mount them on your gun

retgarr
What do we want? VZ58 sub forum! When? NOW!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:22:40 AM
[Last Edit: 9/12/2012 4:24:15 AM by retgarr]
Support a VZ58 subforum here!http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_2/1363784_.html&page=1
KennyW1983
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:24:53 AM
Not to de-rail to much but what about Panama and Costa Rica???

I would rather go somewhere warm!
"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be from you." - Andrew Wilkow
julenissen
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:32:02 AM
Full autos are technically legal here, but the gun in question has to be about as unique as a unicorn (i.e documented belonging of some WW2 notability or similar).

No CCW, but open carry is legal on Svalbard. No crime on Svalbard though, it's due to the polar bears.
utb1528
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:34:50 AM
I am interested in the Czech Republic.
How far can I get speaking English only?

How difficult to learn Czech?

Possible post-election plans (if I win the lottery )
iggy1337
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:57:13 AM

The Netherlands sucks balls.

But CCW is possible by law and new full auto is also possible.

The bad new is CCW is may issue and there only about 50 in the country so effectivly no issue.

New Full Auto is legal but you have to apporved by other collectors and be a member of their club (oh and you need a special permission to shoot the gun).
Originally Posted By rabidus:
They can go create their own liberal human centipede since they're used to eating each others shit
Axethrower
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 6:35:26 AM
Finland is pretty good.

Sounds not very different from our gun laws. Hunting license etc. needed for rifles and shotguns, must be "active" sports/recreational shooter to own a handgun, lots of restrictions on numbers of firearms, types/calibers, registrations for every single weapon etc. Generally you have to document a need for the weapon. Self-defence is never accepted. However the ratio of firearms vs people are quite high due to the many hunters.

Really one of the top reasons I love the U.S. of A.
Axethrower
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 6:47:55 AM
[Last Edit: 9/12/2012 6:48:50 AM by Axethrower]
Originally Posted By julenissen:
Full autos are technically legal here, but the gun in question has to be about as unique as a unicorn (i.e documented belonging of some WW2 notability or similar).

No CCW, but open carry is legal on Svalbard. No crime on Svalbard though, it's due to the polar bears.

Yes, but from what I know you can bring any of the stuff you buy up there (Svalbard) over to the mainland. Same thing with veichles, etc. because of the tax laws.
Axethrower
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 6:54:23 AM
[Last Edit: 9/12/2012 7:07:55 AM by Axethrower]
snip.[/span]

There may not be any that actually laws in place to protect it like the second amendment but there is probably a handful of them where the laws are just as lax or even laxer. Third world countries though.

You should try go to some of those places you image are as good or better, and test your theory.
It would be quite the wake-up call, I promise.

I bet. In some countries you'd probably be arrested if caught with a gun, because the gun laws would be what the military "police" feels like right there and then.
PatriotAr15
Tyranny is the absolute highest form of blasphemy
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:08:00 AM
Finland is pretty good.

I think Bolivia actually has no gun control laws at all.
"Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses." - Nehemiah 4:14
chadjetlag
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:28:12 AM
Originally Posted By Bohem:

Depends on what you value the most.
There are still countries within Europe that lets you buy rifle/shotgun over the counter if you prove you are over 18 - Austria, Switzerland, France. (sometimes even without registration!)
There are states that let you own silencers without any hassle or even registration.
In Switzerland you can buy machineguns like cakes (well, almost).

What I like about CZ gunlaws is that I can buy any semiauto gun and carry it. Until just recently I was student and carried daily at my univestity - it is legal. And yes, we never had a single school shooting.
I dont have to care about "no gun" signs: http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=23027. Any CZ gun law doesnt know "short barreled rifle" term.
CCW is shall issue - within 10 milion citizens, there are 310 000 licenced gun owners and 234 000 of them are permited to carry.
What i dislike is certain amount of bureaucracy (partialy resulr of European legislation implementation) that precedes gun purchase. e.g. "Permission to purchase" that is ahall issue - cops have no power to reject it, but it cost you time and small amount of money:-/
No silencers
No JHP/EFMJ in handguns*
No machineguns**
No lasers***
No shooting outside of shooting range, except for SD situations

*there is some kind of jhp made of copper/brass that is due to JHP definition legal, but hard to find.
** almost, you can apply for "exception to purchasese" that is may issue and few shooters have machineguns/assault rifles - Ive shot about 6 of them. But no CCW, just collection and range usage.
*** legal tu purchase, just dont mount them on your gun

I have been to CZ a few times. Love that place.....mmmmmmmm pilsner Urquell mmmmmmm. I understand that hunting is pretty big there, how does that fit with the range shooting only?
The good news is Ted has been sober for a few months now----E-Mag
boobies are your friend. Or, more to the point, boobies are your babies friend. More boobies=happier baby=more sleep=less work=More Boobies. See? It is mathematical----Jkiser
GLuttonousGourami
Psilocybe cubensis is enlightenment
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:38:55 AM

I've actually lived in the Czech republic for about 6 months before, and got to see a lot of the country. I wish I was paying attention to gun laws and stuff at the time, so I can be more useful to this thread in that regard. What I will say about the country is this: The food is great, the beer is great, the women are beautiful. Czechs are every bit the capitalist, and overall a wonderful, friendly, (but sometimes quite cynical) people. The country is beautiful too. My fiance's grand parents talk about the U.S. that once was with unconditional love. I think they are capitalism and freedom minded just like us because at one time they were under communist rule. Many Czechs alive today know exactly what suffering under communism was like, and know that communism is the end destination of left-wing stupidity. The Czech republic is a very attractive place to live. I love America first and foremost, but I wouldn't mind living in the Czech republic.
TheCanuck: Star Wars

The Empire doesn't set phasers to fucking stun. They set their blasters to "anihilate your faggot ass planet, bitch"
Fullautoguy
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:05:54 AM
Finland

It is rather easy to get full autos in Finland, but you have to apply for a machinegun collector's license, and present a collector's plan to the police when you apply for the license. I'm not relaying this info out of my back pocket, but from years of living there, and knowing scores of guys who own them. Basically, most guys will have a collection plan that is usually all the HK's, or all the SMG's from WWII, or all the belt-fed man-portable German MG's from WWII, things like that. There are a lot of MG34's, MG42's, MP44's, Suomi Kp31's, HK33's, HK21's, MP5's, etc. I was just blasting away with the Kp31 9mm SMG last week, which is my favorite SMG to shoot on AUTO due to the constant recoil principle.

Everyone I know that's a gun guy owns several AR15's, AR10's, Sig-551/552, pistols, suppressors, TRG's, and 60's-80's era FMS guns from the US that were Full Auto that could never be imported back into the US. Israeli Colt Commandos, Lebanese M16's, M14's from who knows where, Dutch AR10's, things like that.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/Suomessa392.jpg

Restrictions are pretty stupid. There are strict regulations on the thickness of the steel for your safes that increases with the number of semi-auto or full-auto blasters that you own, subject to inspection by the police. You also can't legally own small pistols like a Glock 27, but you can have a suppressed Glock 19 if the threaded barrel is a certain length.

Estonia

You can get CCW permits in Estonia, and the basic lax environment from Soviet black market economy is residual there, so hunting trips and basically anything you want to do can be done if you find the right guides. Estonia also has one of the highest per-capita murder rates internationally, although I haven't sensed too much trouble there, other than from the Russians of course.

that would be a HUGE problem
Don't steal the government hates competition

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!
Bohem
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 11:58:16 AM
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:
I have been to CZ a few times. Love that place.....mmmmmmmm pilsner Urquell mmmmmmm. I understand that hunting is pretty big there, how does that fit with the range shooting only?

Uf, I am not hunter and i am not fully aware of all issues that come with hunting, but:
There is special gun licence for hunting, that is easy to get.
Then you need to pass some exams about gamekeeping knowledge - some say its hard exam, but i have no idea if its true.
Then you need to joint some gamekeeping club that will enable you to shoot specified amount of game e.g. 1x elk 5x wild boar etc.. You will be required to do some job there - like feeding animals at winter.
Plus hunters are obligated to be insured.
Other option is to hunt in private enclosed areas where game is kept, but it cost arm and leg to shoot something there.

With rifles you are supposed to shoot only in safe direction and never over horison - Czech countryside is rather packed, so you would shoot over few villages...

Iam more interested in two legged vermin.

Originally Posted By utb1528:

There are expats who speak no Czech even after 10 years of residence.
On the other hand, any atempt to speak Czech language is greatly appreciated.

Ask this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-6CsEH9FA&feature=relmfu

Other good option is Slovakia, they have something like "castle doctrine", but mandatory psycho-tests and some kind of committee approval of ccw...
Big plus is that lasers are legal. Czech "NRA" Gunlex hepled to establish Slovakian equivalesnt Legis Telum. Both countries cooperate even after the disolution of Czechoslovakia, afterall Slovakia is the only place we can shoot at kilometer distance.

bigstick61
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 1:49:02 PM
Originally Posted By Bohem:
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

Uf, I am not hunter and i am not fully aware of all issues that come with hunting, but:
There is special gun licence for hunting, that is easy to get.
Then you need to pass some exams about gamekeeping knowledge - some say its hard exam, but i have no idea if its true.
Then you need to joint some gamekeeping club that will enable you to shoot specified amount of game e.g. 1x elk 5x wild boar etc.. You will be required to do some job there - like feeding animals at winter.
Plus hunters are obligated to be insured.
Other option is to hunt in private enclosed areas where game is kept, but it cost arm and leg to shoot something there.

With rifles you are supposed to shoot only in safe direction and never over horison - Czech countryside is rather packed, so you would shoot over few villages...

Iam more interested in two legged vermin.

Originally Posted By utb1528:

There are expats who speak no Czech even after 10 years of residence.
On the other hand, any atempt to speak Czech language is greatly appreciated.

Ask this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-6CsEH9FA&feature=relmfu

Other good option is Slovakia, they have something like "castle doctrine", but mandatory psycho-tests and some kind of committee approval of ccw...
Big plus is that lasers are legal. Czech "NRA" Gunlex hepled to establish Slovakian equivalesnt Legis Telum. Both countries cooperate even after the disolution of Czechoslovakia, afterall Slovakia is the only place we can shoot at kilometer distance.

Is it possible for a non-resient foreigner to get any sort of firearms license, whether for possession, hunting, or carry?

-Lord Acton
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2