Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2012 4:11:34 PM EDT
Really, for myself.  Because I find myself making excuses for how I don't have time to work out.  Or how getting to the gym is too hard.  Or whatever.  I saw this pic posted here last night, so I made this, printed it out, and taped it to my bathroom mirror.  

Marine Corporal Todd Love.  Lost both of his legs and one arm in Afghanistan.  If he can complete one of the Spartan Races, what's my excuse?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
How? maybe I should edit and say, how did he live?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a morbid question but does he wear the mask due to damage to his face as well?  Very sad that someone with so much courage should have to suffer so much when so many absolutely worthless people in our society get to sit whole, fat, and happy on their couches and complain.  I hope he makes it.

I won't say it TO him as I don't even come close to his standard but I'll say it ABOUT him: Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Not much, but that's why he's an inspiration to most of us and you're not.

We need somebody to flip the burgers, after all.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This is a morbid question but does he wear the mask due to damage to his face as well?  Very sad that someone with so much courage should have to suffer so much when so many absolutely worthless people in our society get to sit, whole, fat, and happy on their couches and complain.  I hope he makes it.

I won't say it TO him as I don't even come close to his standard but I'll say it ABOUT him: Semper Fi!

No, he wears it because of a team he is a member of that takes him to all these events.

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This is a morbid question but does he wear the mask due to damage to his face as well?  Very sad that someone with so much courage should have to suffer so much when so many absolutely worthless people in our society get to sit, whole, fat, and happy on their couches and complain.  I hope he makes it.

No, he wears it because of a team he is a member of that takes him to all these events.  

All the team members wear the gas mask. It makes the event that much harder by restricting your breathing by 20-30%.

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Chris

I'm confused, who is this directed at?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have this one up on the wall in my office at work:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=42322

Anyway you could link to a large version of that?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is a morbid question but does he wear the mask due to damage to his face as well?  Very sad that someone with so much courage should have to suffer so much when so many absolutely worthless people in our society get to sit whole, fat, and happy on their couches and complain.  I hope he makes it.

They wear the gas mask to make it that much more difficult.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are awesome. Is it alright if i make a copy to hang up in my work out room ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#12]
any problem can be solved with an ample amount of willpower.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

In a benign way, it's directed at the OP, as more of a generic bit of commentary.

Who did you think it was directed at, the guy in the picture?

Chris

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

In a benign way, it's directed at the OP, as more of a generic bit of commentary.

Chris

The OP asked a question.  Chris answered it.  He's right.  No one has a picture of ME on their mirror, that's for sure.  Unless maybe as part of a "people to kill" checklist
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Chris

The OP asked a question.  Chris answered it.  He's right.  No one has a picture of ME on their mirror, that's for sure.  Unless maybe as part of a "people to kill" checklist

Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat, so I'm not passing judgement by any stretch.

Like the motivational poster showing the 'French fries' states:

"We all can't be astronauts".

Chris

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Really, for myself.  Because I find myself making excuses for how I don't have time to work out.  Or how getting to the gym is too hard.  Or whatever.  I saw this pic posted here last night, so I made this, printed it out, and taped it to my bathroom mirror.  

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/64e5ac8a.jpg

Marine Corporal Todd Love.  Lost both of his legs and one arm in Afghanistan.  If he can complete one of the Spartan Races, what's my excuse?

Spot on. Summarily stolen.

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have this one up on the wall in my office at work:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=42322

I saw a pic somewhere of a guy that took off his prosthetic leg to use as a shooting rest. It would go nicely here!

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw Todd on "Gator Boys". He has some balls.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Graphic reminder.  Courage is required in some measure for most every day.  Put one torso in front of the other and carry on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw Todd on "Gator Boys". He has some balls.

I came in here to post the same thing...
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Stolen and posted to FB. Hope you dont mind OP.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

I took it directed at me.  And not in a disrespectful way, but brutally honest.  And I'm OK with that.  That's why I said what I said.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Epic badass
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How? maybe I should edit and say, how did he live?

He lived by the grace of God who knows that we need people like him to help us remember what he sacraficed for our freedom.
This man and so many other like  him show us what HEROS are.  And he paves the way for others no matter what they face not to let it stand in our way.
Thanks for posting OP
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#26]
CPL Love's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Todd-Love/378435192195897

An amazing young man.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I showed the thread to my 12 year old daughter last night. She came home form Cheerleader and volleyball practice and said she had a hard day.

I asked her if it was as hard as Todd Loves day.  Todd love has made Me and my family better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top