Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tats on dudes are ok.

Tats on chicks are NEVER ok.

The fuck, dude?

Before you get too wrapped up in hondaciv's tattoo preferences, remember that he was the guy who didn't know what a possum was.

And donated money to those Whale Wars shitbags
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This. ^^^

And I have no tattoos....but the thread is stupid.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone have any research data showing the amount of ink someone has on them vs their IQ?   Just as an overall North American average?  It would be interesting to see what it shows.......

I have heard reference to the "tattoo to tooth ratio" as a diagnostic tool.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have any research data showing the amount of ink someone has on them vs their IQ?   Just as an overall North American average?  It would be interesting to see what it shows.......

I have all my teeth and a higher than average IQ. Almost full sleeves, ink on my chest, back, neck and both legs. I make way beyond average for my area and I'm about to change my career to take a step up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have all my teeth and a higher than average IQ. Almost full sleeves, ink on my chest, back, neck and both legs. I make way beyond average for my area and I'm about to change my career to take a step up.

By step up you must mean from B block to A block according to many here.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By step up you must mean from B block to A block according to many here.

Yep. I've had plenty of tattoo haters bitch after they call 911 and I show up. Really, you call 911 and bitch that one of the guys that shows up to help you has visible tattoos.

I'm a part time firefighter and part time truck driver. I hate the driving part and my FD is likely going to be partially annexed in 4 years, so I'm going back to school, either Paramedic or RN.  Not sure yet.

I'm not sure that the ignorance will ever get better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have ink and I've received gov't checks in the past.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My wife cashed two today. GI bill benefits. But she has no ink.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
This is stupid. Tattoos do not make you a shit bag, but if you are a shit bag, you likely have tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I imagine 87% of inkies are on some sort of public assistance.

Prison counts as public assistance, right?  Free food and healthcare.

So the percentage is probably higher.

I've got tattoos and the govt. gives me clothes to wear, a car to drive around, several different guns, and flashy lights and a cool badge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say I promulgated or approved it.
Just that the perception is out there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. I just find it funny that many people (not you) hold the opinion that tattooed people are stupid, when in reality, most are smarter than most of the people who think that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I have both arms sleeved and body work. I also have a masters degree
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone have any research data showing the amount of ink someone has on them vs their IQ? Just as an overall North American average? It would be interesting to see what it shows.......

I know. I just find it funny that many people (not you) hold the opinion that tattooed people are stupid, when in reality, most are smarter than most of the people who think that.

Lets not get crazy here.

People with or without ink share a very similar dumb-shit percentage in society.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]
inkies are capable of replicating human beings and then falling into the snow to be discovered millions of years later by a new host species

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

a master's degree in ?

"inkie studies"?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
People with or without ink share a very similar dumb-shit percentage in society.

depends on the ink. What I'm saying is that anyone stupid enough to think that all tattooed people are felons or stupid, is part of why society's average is so low.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a master's degree in ?

"inkie studies"?
Could be legit, plenty of free time to rack up UoPhoenix credits in the pen

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends on the ink. What I'm saying is that anyone stupid enough to think that all tattooed people are felons or stupid, is part of why society's average is so low.

This.
Dan didn't say "inkies smarter than blankies", he said "Inkies smarter than bigoted blankies".
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Dan didn't say "inkies smarter than blankies", he said "Inkies smarter than bigoted blankies".

Bingo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tats on dudes are ok whatever/who cares.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

People can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Quoted:
I've had plenty of tattoo haters bitch after they call 911 and I show up.

Even better is when you get sent to work a shitty presidential visit detail in Manhattan on a hot summer day and as soon as the Capt. sees you he sends you back to your precinct in Brooklyn, which is exactly where I wanted to be in the first place.

Quoted:

Me too, my paychecks from the police department every two weeks. Unfortunately I just get the one large monthly one now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

People can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

107% true ^^
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I hear quite often from people with tattoos that it's art, well buy some art to hang on your wall, if you should tire of it, remove it and hang something else !
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, lack of education and not giving a shit about anything but yourself contributes to the decline of our society.  Tattoos have nothing to do with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

But don't tattoos scream, "Look at ME ME ME! I'm important, I have my life story on my arms, neck, stomach, chest and back!"

Speaking of which, why did you feel compelled to start this thread?

An observation of others.

Like your argument in the OP, that barely makes any sense.

However, I do understand a little of where you are coming from...

Like you, I am proud to be an elitist snob; I am very judgemental of others, and like you, I observe and categorize them.

However, unlike you, I don't view tattoos as an appropriate metric.

I prefer to look at the way a man forms arguments and chooses his words, as a means to make a determination of class, education and potential.

Based upon your showing so far, you're not doing very well.  I don't really have high hopes for your ability of potential.

Wow. Serious? I feel less of a man coming from someone who insults everybody who disagrees with them.

Again, you seem to have difficulty forming coherent sentences.  
And ironically, you are pointing fingers at those with tattoos, and claiming that THEY are an indicator who our decline as a society.

Thank you for your wisdom.

Pearls before swine.

Keep reading Sherlock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've had plenty of tattoo haters bitch after they call 911 and I show up.

Even better is when you get sent to work a shitty presidential visit detail in Manhattan on a hot summer day and as soon as the Capt. sees you he sends you back to your precinct in Brooklyn, which is exactly where I wanted to be in the first place.

Quoted:

Me too, my paychecks from the police department every two weeks. Unfortunately I just get the one large monthly one now.

Obviously you're a drain on society.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]

graffiti for humans.
Ever went into a city and thought the graffiti made it look better?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is stupid. Tattoos do not make you a shit bag, but if you are a shit bag, you likely have tattoos.

Lemons are yellow but everything that is yellow isn't a lemon.

Your statement is logically impossible.
You meant to state that not everything that is yellow is a lemon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So America is getting worse because of tattoos?

Maybe  you should further analyze cause and effect.

He did not assign cause or effect.

It may be that there are more tatts because we are getting worse.

Doesn't the title of the thread imply cause and effect?

It certainly implies cause and effect. but a simple = sign does not assign direction, i.e. which one is cause and which is effect.

ETA: Example: Smoke=fire. Smoke in this case is the effect of fire, the cause.  In an equation position does not imply cause/effect.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
a master's degree in ?
"inkie studies"?

lol I have never been arrested or anything like that let alone done time. I was employed as soon as I graduated college.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lemons are yellow but everything that is yellow isn't a lemon.

Your statement is logically impossible.
You meant to state that not everything that is yellow is a lemon.

I am so glad you are so much fucking smarter than I am.

If you are going to throw some logical statement out there, you have to make sure it makes sense. Or you just look fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So America is getting worse because of tattoos?

Maybe  you should further analyze cause and effect.

He did not assign cause or effect.

It may be that there are more tatts because we are getting worse.

Doesn't the title of the thread imply cause and effect?

It certainly implies cause and effect. but a simple = sign does not assign direction, i.e. which one is cause and which is effect.

ETA: Example: Smoke=fire. Smoke in this case is the effect of fire, the cause.  In an equation position does not imply cause/effect.

Now I remember why I try to stay out of GD.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Mormon Boy thread.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
a master's degree in ?
"inkie studies"?

lol I have never been arrested or anything like that let alone done time.

I find it interesting that your very specific statement does not preclude you actually being a criminal, inky!  

lol just never been caught my friend
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mormon Boy thread.

Why are you bringing Romney into this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mormon Boy thread.

I'm bringing you into it Puritan.

Pony up for a membership cheapskate or quit trolling the members of this board.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]
My thoughts on tattoos are the same on firearms.
If your against either dont own/have either.

It does seem to be more trendy these days however.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mormon Boy thread.

I'm bringing you into it Puritan.

Pony up for a membership cheapskate or quit trolling the members of this board.

Yawn....read my other posts. Not trolling but a lesson. You would have noticed that had you read my posts.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Dragging America into the sewer...................One bottle of ink at a time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/

Siberian Princess reveals her 2,500 year old tattoos

Cliffs:  They dug up a mummy, it had a lot of detailed tats...and some cannabis
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#47]
You know what is ten times worse than those scumbags with tattoos?

Retarded morons who start a new "only scumbags have tattoos" thread each week on ar15.com.  How original.

If one of each was sitting in front of me, and I had a gun with only one bullet, inky would be making an extra $20 that day cleaning someones brains off the wall (the best an inky can hope for in life is to be a janitor, so  I know he will do this for $20 because it's about the only option available for him, but hey, he lived, so he's got that going for him).

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tats on dudes are ok.

The fuck, dude?

I have to agree. 99% of the time, the woman looked better before the tattoo. A girl has to be super plain or homely and the tattoo has to be really awesome for it to add anything to her. Some tattoos are relatively pretty compared to others, and some designs are really nice and cool and all that, but plain is almost always better. It's just an opinion on aesthetics though, just like preferring long hair or pale skin or liking facial hair on men.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top