Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So America is getting worse because of tattoos?

Maybe  you should further analyze cause and effect.

He did not assign cause or effect.

It may be that there are more tatts because we are getting worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've noticed more and more Americans are inked.

Interestingly, the more tattoos Americans get, the worse this country has become.

Coincidence?

By george I think he's got it!! Yes, it is tattoos that are causing the decline of western civilization, and not the myriad of other reasons too numerous to list.

Or the myriad of other reasons = more tattooed people?

Ying, yang.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OP's line of thought = decline in society

Well played. But, can I say the same about yours?
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*shrug* I see it as evolutionary progress that the dregs accept and embrace their place in society and choose to mark themselves as such.

If some of these tattooed "dregs" travel in more elite circles of society than you, belong to exclusive clubs that you can't get into, and have achieved more professionally and financially than you...

...what is lower than "dregs"?

Sediment, I suppose.  Lots of morally corrupt people are wealthy, trailer trash wins lotteries, and Charles Manson was pretty successful by the inkie scale I guess.

There may be some worthwhile inkies, some even human, but they'll never be anything but an asterisk in an otherwise ink-free list of successful people.

I see being shallow is one of your endearing qualities.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This was all an experiment.

Watch video, substitute inkies for blue eyed people.

How you perceive people will result in how you treat them. How you treat people from your perceptions will be how they treat you with their same negative perceptions back to you.

AKA stereotypes.

Stossel and stereotypes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was out in east buttfuck night court and some guy not only came to court in shorts, but they showed his "scary tree" tattoo that was on his lower leg. I just could not figure out the logic chain that includes wearing shorts to court, getting a tattoo on the bottom of your leg and then choosing a scary tree, like a Halloween decoration.

He could have a legitimate reason/meaning behind the tree.  

The issue was wearing shorts to court.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
That makes as much sense as the anti-gun argument that guns cause crime.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CoC edit...krp

FYI a naked chick with tape on her nips is always going to be a CoC violation

Yeah! WTF is wrong with you, raven? To atone for your sin, you must post beheading/burned alive/murdered with an axe videos.

ETA: Please send me the link to the offensive pic. X2
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have always wanted to have bigfoot tattooed on my upper thigh. I would then shave my thigh outside the bigfoot outline for a 3D tattoo!
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, lack of education and not giving a shit about anything but yourself contributes to the decline of our society.  Tattoos have nothing to do with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

But don't tattoos scream, "Look at ME ME ME! I'm important, I have my life story on my arms, neck, stomach, chest and back!"

Speaking of which, why did you feel compelled to start this thread?

An observation of others.

Like your argument in the OP, that barely makes any sense.

However, I do understand a little of where you are coming from...

Like you, I am proud to be an elitist snob; I am very judgemental of others, and like you, I observe and categorize them.

However, unlike you, I don't view tattoos as an appropriate metric.

I prefer to look at the way a man forms arguments and chooses his words, as a means to make a determination of class, education and potential.

Based upon your showing so far, you're not doing very well.  I don't really have high hopes for your ability of potential.

Wow. Serious? I feel less of a man coming from someone who insults everybody who disagrees with them.

Thank you for your wisdom.

Maybe you'd feel better if you compared your networth to some of the people here with ink....

You are talking about success aren't you?  How do you judge success?  Most people in this country judge it based on money.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You must be one of those people pushing for tattoo regulations on soldiers...

As much ink as I've seen in recent years bleeding out from the collars and below sleeves
(below sleeves read as :  sleeves down to the wrist) with shit all over hands, fingers and crap all over fingers,
behind the neck, up the nec and behind ears and high on the throat up to under the chin??

Yes, I would be one of those pushing for tattoo regs on soldiers.  Where did they shop for these people?  Gangland?

For clarity, I said soldiers.  Marines don't seem to have this problem.  This is not a bash Army post, just first hand observer.

And FWIW Semper Fi

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#15]
the "live the way I do" crap around here is thick...

i would say that the decline of america comes from apathy...

the same kind of apathy that keeps gun owners in california, financially supporting the fight against the 2A
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As much ink as I've seen in recent years bleeding out from the collars and below sleeves

(below sleeves read as :  sleeves down to the wrist) with shit all over hands, fingers and crap all over fingers,

behind the neck, up the nec and behind ears and high on the throat up to under the chin??

Yes, I would be one of those pushing for tattoo regs on soldiers.  Where did they shop for these people?  Gangland?

For clarity, I said soldiers. Marines don't seem to have this problem.  This is not a bash Army post, just first hand observer.

And FWIW Semper Fi

WTF? I've seen more EGA tattoos than I have Army themed ones. I know plenty of former Marines that got tatted up while in, especially on Asian floats.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, lack of education and not giving a shit about anything but yourself contributes to the decline of our society.  Tattoos have nothing to do with it.

But don't tattoos scream, "Look at ME ME ME! I'm important, I have my life story on my arms, neck, stomach, chest and back!"

Like you, I am proud to be an elitist snob; I am very judgemental of others, and like you, I observe and categorize them.

I prefer to look at the way a man forms arguments and chooses his words, as a means to make a determination of class, education and potential.

Based upon your showing so far, you're not doing very well.  I don't really have high hopes for your ability of potential.

Wow. Serious? I feel less of a man coming from someone who insults everybody who disagrees with them.

Maybe you'd feel better if you compared your networth to some of the people here with ink....

You are talking about success aren't you?  How do you judge success?  Most people in this country judge it based on money.

Success? Oh no. We're richer today than we were in the 1950s. I'm talking moral decline. Read my post above and watch vid. I made a stereotype and people lashed out at me. My perception that inkies had some involvement in our country's decline was taken personal. Blanket statements do that. Thing is, you can prejudge a normally good man and they will act out against you if it's negative, yet if you were cool with that person in the first place they would be cool vpback to you. Self-fulfilling prophecies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Ink has been around since the dawn of time and its not the problem.  The problem is the rest of society and this thread proves it.

All of this crap, be it excessive ink, ear plugs, odd piercing, and/or whatever someone is wearing, only matters because others think it does.  They're like little 2 y.o. kids trying to get mommy and daddy attention.

These kids are told all throughout childhood that everything is fair and they'll always succeed no matter what.  Then, they decide to do something stupid because "why not, there's no repercussion because someone will always support me".

So long as there told to express whatever they want and that its not their fault if they don't succeed due to their choices, it will continue to get worse.

For the record, I have 2 tattoos.  One I got in Korea, one in Japan, both tell stories about my life and neither can be seen when I'm wearing a shirt.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

For clarity, I said soldiers. Marines don't seem to have this problem.  This is not a bash Army post, just first hand observer.

And FWIW Semper Fi

WTF? I've seen more EGA tattoos than I have Army themed ones. I know plenty of former Marines that got tatted up while in, especially on Asian floats.

I think he's talking specifically about below wrist/above neckline tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ink has been around since the dawn of time and its not the problem.  The problem is the rest of society and this thread proves it.

All of this crap, be it excessive ink, ear plugs, odd piercing, and/or whatever someone is wearing, only matters because others think it does.  They're like little 2 y.o. kids trying to get mommy and daddy attention.

These kids are told all throughout childhood that everything is fair and they'll always succeed no matter what.  Then, they decide to do something stupid because "why not, there's no repercussion because someone will always support me".

So long as there told to express whatever they want and that its not their fault if they don't succeed due to their choices, it will continue to get worse.

For the record, I have 2 tattoos.  One I got in Korea, one in Japan, both tell stories about my life and neither can be seen when I'm wearing a shirt.

Stereotypes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Since the dawn of time people have felt they need to rebel.  Tattoos were generally a harmless way of doing so for otherwise non-exceptional people to stand out in the crowd.  Lately though, tattoos have become the new normal, a way of joining and no longer a way of rebelling.  

Imagine a huge segment of the population whose culture or sub-culture required them to wear signs around their necks.  "Trust issues", "Control Freak",... etc, etc.....  That is basically what tattoos are.  All tattoos say something about the owner,  but few actually say what the owners intend them to.  Occasionally you might see one labeled "reliable", but not too often.  People made a choice to join a group, and for better or worse the population at large will take that into consideration.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Since the dawn of time people have felt they need to rebel.  Tattoos were generally a harmless way of doing so for otherwise non-exceptional people to stand out in the crowd.  Lately though, tattoos have become the new normal, a way of joining and no longer a way of rebelling.  

Imagine a huge segment of the population whose culture or sub-culture required them to wear signs around their necks.  "Trust issues", "Control Freak",... etc, etc.....  That is basically what tattoos are.  All tattoos say something about the owner,  but few actually say what the owners intend them to.  Occasionally you might see one labeled "reliable", but not too often.  People made a choice to join a group, and for better or worse the population at large will take that into consideration.

The whole "rebelling" thing is so 1950's. Tattoos have been mainstream for two decades now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, you seem to have difficulty forming coherent sentences.  
And ironically, you are pointing fingers at those with tattoos, and claiming that THEY are an indicator who our decline as a society.

Pearls before swine.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole "rebelling" thing is so 1950's. Tattoos have been mainstream for two decades now.

Ummmm yeah,  that was kinda my point.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I always thought that the downfall of OUR civilization was the self righteous christian republicans who spend all of their time demonizing things like abortion and tattoo's, thus shuttling the massive majority of stupid Americans into the willing hands of the democratic party.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Tattoos are definitely NOT causing any decline in society.

Basically, the decline of society is being caused by the fact us baby boomers are a bunch of scumbags and we did a horrendous job of raising the latest generation.

The latest generation is a bunch of childlike narccistic human debris.  Our generation of slacker scumbags raised a generation of scumbags^2.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I wish everyone was inked like me and lived life like I do, this country would kicking ass
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have no tattoos, but yeah, it seems like everyone is getting them.

Wife calls it a fad.

Question is, what will replace it as a new fad?

Aesthetic trepanning.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wish everyone was inked like me and lived life like I do, this country would kicking ass

Let's see your ink.

Personally, I rank the whole tattoo phenomenon right up there with personalized license plates.

Everyone is always crowing about how awesome tattooing is and yet the tats are almost always very un-awesome.

Like these corny novelties or just a mess of randomness.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.   But on the other hand, it's really hard to assign a value of awesomeness to something that's really corny or completely random.

In other words, if tats are awesome, then it would be self-evident.  You would not need to tell people that, it would be right there on your arm for everyone to see.

Tell me how that logic is bad.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Tax paying, family man here, also have a 4 hour session scheduled in 2 weeks

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#32]

meh. tattoos have been around as long as societies have. it isn't an indication of anything.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I imagine 87% of inkies are on some sort of public assistance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#34]
cool story bro.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see your ink.

Personally, I rank the whole tattoo phenomenon right up there with personalized license plates.

Everyone is always crowing about how awesome tattooing is and yet the tats are almost always very un-awesome.

Like these corny novelties or just a mess of randomness.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.   But on the other hand, it's really hard to assign a value of awesomeness to something that's really corny or completely random.

In other words, if tats are awesome, then it would be self-evident.  You would not need to tell people that, it would be right there on your arm for everyone to see.

Tell me how that logic is bad.

Never said my ink was awesome, I said if people were inked like me (meaning just have inked), but would be awesome if people lived life like I do we would not be in trouble as we are now.

Just on a side note I have a revolutionary sleeve and a western sleeve
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#36]
To each their own.

Do I think it's contributing to the downfall of civilization? No, but what do I know. It's just an adrenaline rush and a way to get attention through art and pain.
Btw: I have tatts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#37]
:rolleyes:
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Prison counts as public assistance, right?  Free food and healthcare.
So the percentage is probably higher.
Prison is just an extension of public assistance

If they were not in there they would be on assistance outside ( and stealing my shit )
A blankskin was virtually an mystical animal at the prison I worked
I honestly cannot recall an inmate that did not have at least 3+ tattoos ( at intake )
Inked % in prison has to be 99%+

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prison is club med for inkies
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I've said it before and I will say it again. There are MANY respectable members of society with tattoos which are both visible and hidden. People who have never once lived off a social assistance program and always pay their taxes.

I have a lot of visible tattoos, work full time for a very respectable employer, am married, have two kids, own two houses, and 2 cars outright. I've never done drugs, don't drink alcohol more than every once in a while, and have never been arrested. I have had a full time job since I graduated high school at 17, and have lived entirely on my own since the day I turned 18 when I got my first apartment. I only even have one speeding ticket on my entire record, and that's only because I didn't slow down quick enough for the police officer when the speed suddenly drops from 70 to 60. I didn't contest it, I paid it and moved on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have no tattoos, but yeah, it seems like everyone is getting them.

Wife calls it a fad.

Question is, what will replace it as a new fad?

Laser tattoo removal booths at the mall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#44]
When the shopping malls start looking like prison rec rooms the end is surely near.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have any research data showing the amount of ink someone has on them vs their IQ?   Just as an overall North American average?  It would be interesting to see what it shows.......

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've noticed more and more Americans are inked.

Interestingly, the more tattoos Americans get, the worse this country has become.

Coincidence?

Your argument is about as firm as a limp noodle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tats on dudes are ok.

Tats on chicks are NEVER ok.

The fuck, dude?
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So has human sacrifice.  What's your point?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prison is club med for inkies

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tats on dudes are ok.

Tats on chicks are NEVER ok.

The fuck, dude?

Before you get too wrapped up in hondaciv's tattoo preferences, remember that he was the guy who didn't know what a possum was.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top