User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 3:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love Chevys but the toyotas last longer, get better mpg, and retain their value better which means better resale. For a passenger vehicle I'd rather have a Toyota, for pulling I'd have a duramax. Which is what I have lol.

I wouldn't mind shelling out more money for a Toyota becaus I know it will keep its value.

No, no they don't.
Sequoia's are notorious for expensive repairs, burn as much fuel as a Nissan Armada and resale value is the same as a Tahoe or Yukon that cost $10-15K less than the Toyota when they were sold new.
I'm stating this because ACV is what it is and Black Book pricing tells me so.
The rig we took in over the weekend is sharp as a pin, low Kms and no damage history. It sold for a tad over 80 grand 2 1/2 years ago. The asking price on our lot is just over 1/2 of that and we will get it because the market sets the price, and that's the price the maket will bare.

The Sequoia is a nice rig but it's not really any better than its competition and if you want to sell one you have to sell it at a competitive price.

Huh?  I have an '03 SR5 and the maintenance costs have been very reasonable.

That said, the more recent offering is too Gucci for my tastes, and Toyota must have hired Chris Bangle to design its most recent trucks.  They're also ignoring a nice opportunity for diesels.

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw a 2013 Land Cruiser at my local dealer the other day, had a few nice options, sticker price was 90984, crazy prices
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy/GMC dealers are accustomed to selling their products for well below sticker price.

Toyota dealers aren't.

Toyota didn't take a Bailout, and Toyota dealers don't have to give them away to move them either.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504055,00.html

http://www.emptywheel.net/2011/08/23/the-other-auto-bailout-ford-toyota-and-harley-davidson/

Yes, Toyota took a bailout.  It didn't come from our government and it wasn't as big as the GM bailout, but they still ASKED FOR and RECEIVED a bailout.

If the money isn't from the US Government, I don't care if they did or not.

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy/GMC dealers are accustomed to selling their products for well below sticker price.

Toyota dealers aren't.

Toyota didn't take a Bailout, and Toyota dealers don't have to give them away to move them either.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504055,00.html

http://www.emptywheel.net/2011/08/23/the-other-auto-bailout-ford-toyota-and-harley-davidson/

Yes, Toyota took a bailout.  It didn't come from our government and it wasn't as big as the GM bailout, but they still ASKED FOR and RECEIVED a bailout.

I don't care what Toyota had to do in Japan to stay afloat.

They make dependable, quality products that hold their value and that's all I care about.

You seemed to care in your previous post or else you wouldn't of posted that.

Just so I'm clear on this:

American bailouts = Evil, will never buy that product again!

Foreign bailouts = Who cares?

Here I was thinking that all bailouts were bad thinking.  Silly me...
Just the ones involving the taxes I pay to the Federal government,  

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My Sequoia has a 5.7L V8 ,4x4,  6 speed auto trans, limited slip diff, seats 7,blue teeth ,all the goodies, new in 2010 it was $42k.

I can drive it with one finger and one toe, VERY easy to drive for its size and weight , 6000 lbs.

Best SUV I have ever had.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Get one if you want it, they are going to stop making them.

Personally I wish Toyota would make a Tahoe sized Sequoia or better, sell a Land Cruiser w/o all the gizmos in the US.

Even better a shorter Seq or LC with the 4.5l twin turbo diesel they use in Australia.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Toyota Sequoia, why so expensive?

What trim level?  SR5, Limited, Platinum?  

They're basically a dressed down Land Cruiser

The Sequoia is bigger in every dimension including wheelbase, has a whole lot more cargo volume and a larger fuel tank than the LC.  The Sequoia is a body on frame while the LC is unitized body  It also has nowhere near as capable a 4wd system. It also has 1400lb less towing capacity.  Shares the same engine/trans though, but the Sequoia has an independent rear suspension while the LC has a 4 link with a semi floating axle.

I wish they would offer a diesel option!

I used to sell Toyotas so I'm familiar with them.  I was being very general in my statement .  They're both dressed up suvs that share the same engine/trans.  It just depends on what comfort level you're looking for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Saw a 2013 Land Cruiser at my local dealer the other day, had a few nice options, sticker price was 90984, crazy prices

What the fuck was on it? Toyota only brings the LC in one way now, pretty much zero choices, I haven't seen one at over over $80,603 msrp. They are MSRP $78k and change unless the dealer threw a lot of accessories on it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top