Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2012 1:55:46 PM EDT
I have several old 5 gallon plastic gas cans. The yellow cap seems to walk away.
Any idea where some replacements can be ordered?
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up Wedco - Replacement Gas Cap Set (84036).
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
With the new carb compliant cans out. Id be curious if the will sell replacement parts or make you upgrade to the new nozzle instead

B
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With the new carb compliant cans out. Id be curious if the will sell replacement parts or make you upgrade to the new nozzle instead

B
[/quote

It's ok to replace them on a pre-ban can  .

Link Posted: 8/12/2012 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
get some usgi jerry cans and a donkey dick for it. ace sells red ones just like them now, and if you loose the lid that`s chained on you can use a 55 gallon drum bung. BLITZ THE NAME IS BLITZ STEEL GAS CANS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Just stick a cork in it. Or, use a steel pin that is bevelled so one end is smaller then the other.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I got some from a company that makes replacement nozzles which un-CARB the new cans.  Problem is you have to buy a whole nozzle set which includes those flip up caps for the vent hole.  Damn tab that secures it broke on first use so I will probably lose the cap thing.

http://www.ezpourspout.com/

or go to ebay and enter gas can vent cap but you may have to buy a bunch.

here

For the cans that use a black screw on vent cap I found that on a bottle of Sta-Bil the small cap will work for the vent cap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top