Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:15:16 AM EDT
There is a lot wrong with this story... on BOTH sides.

Mulligan says he was taken to a hospital, where doctors treated him for 15 fractures to the nasal area, a broken scapula, and severe facial laceration to a point where he "barely looked human."

Mulligan was booked for resisting arrest and interfering with law enforcement.

The L.A. County D.A. declined to prosecute Mulligan and referred the case to the City Attorney where a lesser charge could be filed. But all indications are the City Attorney won't file a criminal case either.

Sources tell us Mulligan will file a claim next week against the LAPD and the City of L.A. –– something he's required to do before filing a lawsuit. We're told the lawsuit will demand $100 million.

The LAPD tells TMZ ... cops were in the area looking for a suspect who was jimmying car doors, and Mulligan matched the description. The LAPD says when they approached Mulligan, he seemed to be under the influence of something, but they determined he was sober. Cops say Mulligan told them he was tired and needed to sleep, so they took him to the motel as a courtesy.

A few hours later, cops got another call from someone who said a man matching Mulligan's description was jimmying car doors near the motel. When they approached him he charged the cops so they took him down.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/12/deutsche-bank-honcho-brian-mulligan-suing-lapd-100-million/
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#1]
oops.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Uhhhhh I got nothin
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The City of Los Angeles has a policy of never settling property claims or personal injury suits.  You have to be called out for trial before any negotiations take place.

I am a bit suspicious of the purported "courtesy".  If a person is arrested, the arresting officer(s) do not do the transport.  A different unit does the same.  Oh, so he is not arrested! Not aware that this "courtesy" of transport is ever granted. A report would have to be done in writing for this "courtesy".

When a stop is made, a field interrogation report is created.  Basically, it is a small piece of paper.  Should be interesting for Internal Affairs to find the same.

Highland Park is not a safe area at night.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am a bit suspicious of the purported "courtesy".  If a person is arrested, the arresting officer(s) do not do the transport.  A different unit does the same.  Oh, so he is not arrested! Not aware that this "courtesy" of transport is ever granted. A report would have to be done in writing for this "courtesy".

When a stop is made, a field interrogation report is created.  Basically, it is a small piece of paper.  .

These are LAPD P&P?

I would suspect that there should be dispatch tapes of both car fishing calls as well as dispatch tapes of the ride to the hotel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The City of Los Angeles has a policy of never settling property claims or personal injury suits.  You have to be called out for trial before any negotiations take place.

When a stop is made, a field interrogation report is created.  Basically, it is a small piece of paper.  Should be interesting for Internal Affairs to find the same.

Highland Park is not a safe area at night.

Maybe the tuned him up, figured out they had the wrong guy, then dumped him at a motel?

Doubt they would write that up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Ohhh man, looks like they screwed with the wrong guy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure more (needed) info will be forthcoming in the next few days, but this one will be interesting for sure.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Cop 1: "Hey! We beat the fuck out of the wrong guy! Let's apologize and dump him off in a hotel. Maybe he won't remember who did this to him!"

Cop 2: "Yes. That is a good idea. This whole episode has left me concerned for my future in the police department. I am afraid."

Cop 1: "We are all afraid. However, this innocent victim probably won't remember us. He seems to be under the influence of something. Or maybe not."

Cop 3: "I just want to go drink some whiskey and forget all my problems."

Cop 1: "Then it is agreed. We dump the victim off and then go home and drink liquor until we vomit."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top