Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#1]
SBR from a 556 Sig pistol. Same setup I have. I trust his is a stamped SBR. Good shoot, hopefully he'll have a flashlight next time. Well done.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like my thieves smothered and covered.  

...with maple syrup.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Should have used the LAWS.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
3 thieves drove some type of an auto through the wall of a gun shop located in North Augusta, SC at about 4am this morning. The owner responded to a silent alarm and engaged them with gun fire. 1 dead at the scene . The 2 others fled the scene only to seek help for thier wounds up the road at a Waffle House. The owner on the advice of his lawyer is keeping his mouth shut. And I don't blame him.
Name of the shop is...........Guns and Ammo.
This occured in Aiken county.

Score 1 for the good guys.

GD

Good shoot

Would have been a great shoot if he killed all three.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]
guy that died was one shot with a 9mm, other two perps were hit 38 times between the two with a .45
quote from gunshop owner was "but I used my .45....I don't understand?"

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

SBR from a 556 Sig pistol. Same setup I have. I trust his is a stamped SBR. Good shoot, hopefully he'll have a flashlight next time. Well done.

He has an FFL, a SOT license wouldn't be out of the question.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#8]
This is why I would live IN or NEXT TO (like this guy) my shop if I owned a gun store.  Like typical cowardice yutes, their standard op seems to be smash and grab in the middle of the night.  

That's excellent that he lived right next door to be able to respond instead of just picking up the pieces after they were long gone.  But the article said they still got away with 20-30 guns?  They must have been in the van that the 2 other wastes of life took off in.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Must be innocent.  Probably just made a wrong turn on the way home from buying Skittles and a lemonade.  Jesse and Al will be there shortly...

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how many charges the shop owner will face.
More than the thieves, I'll bet.

Maybe not in SC.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the SBR pic was wishful thinking not actual fact?
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not here in SC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
what the hell kind of name is that? was he a pirate?

Some black people like to name their kids after cars, Mercedes for example.

K'raven was named after a Dodge minivan...
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www2.wjbf.com/mgmedia/image/630/394/369350/3-people-shot-in-robbery-attempt-at-nort-66028/

The business owner, who reportedly lives in the rear of the business, reportedly heard the alarm and went to check on the store.

Investigators say, three people tried to rob the store on the 500 block of Highway 25, off Sterling Drive, shortly before 4 a.m.

The suspects drove their car into the building, waking the business owner up.  The owner says the crash sounded like gunshots and he opened fire on the suspects.

The victim says he saw silhouettes and fired shots. Investigators say all three suspects were shot.  One stayed behind at the scene and two suspects fled to a Waffle House located West Martintown Road in North Augusta.

Waffle House for a GSW, huh? Makes sense.

Going to the waffle house after getting shot makes a good case for an insanity or utter retardation plea.

have you heard of putting a tampon inside a wound to stop bleeding??? Have you ever eaten a waffle? They do NOT stop soaking up the syrup. Slap a waffle on your arm, no mo bleeding!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or a Suppressor so they don't know they're being shot.  Might've helped with the K:W ratio.

-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea what the gunshop owner used?  In future I would hope that he would use a 12 guage loaded with buckshot or some sort of .308 or .30-06.   This sounds like a job for a Garand, AR-10 or M-14.

[/span]

http://www.wrdw.com/news/crimeteam12/headlines/Business––165560606.html

Photo from the article:

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/ammo.shop.3.JPG

If [span style='color: red;']this is what the store owner used[/span], he has achieved God like status.

Totally Awesome!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tag for CCTV video of said shooting.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea what the gunshop owner used?  In future I would hope that he would use a 12 guage loaded with buckshot or some sort of .308 or .30-06.   This sounds like a job for a Garand, AR-10 or M-14.

Photo from the article:

If this is what the store owner used, he has achieved God like status.[/quote]

Fuck yeah.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
That vigilante store owner has a lot to answer for as to why he was profiling those fine young men.

I read they crashed into the store by accident when the driver's bag of skittles fell on the floorboard and wedged against the accelerator.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
3 thieves drove some type of an auto through the wall of a gun shop located in North Augusta, SC at about 4am this morning. The owner responded to a silent alarm and engaged them with gun fire. 1 dead at the scene . The 2 others fled the scene only to seek help for thier wounds up the road at a Waffle House. The owner on the advice of his lawyer is keeping his mouth shut. And I don't blame him.

GD

Good shoot

Yup.  Its a lot easier to present your side of the story when your story is the only one available.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

W-I-N-N-I-N-G!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Photo from the article:

If this is what the store owner used, he has achieved God like status.
[/quote]

Is that a bazooka in the background?  If so, he should have used that also.

ETA: Any one else finding that the quote dealy is screwy?  Maybe it's just on this particular post.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

GD

Good shoot

Yup.  Its a lot easier to present your side of the story when your story is the only one available.

Tell that to Zimmerman
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Shades of Harry Beckwith...

That's the 1st thing that crossed my mind!
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Photo from the article:

If this is what the store owner used, he has achieved God like status.

Isn't that a big-screen TV?

Edit to fix AFU quotes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#26]
sounds racist but i will need pics of the perps and the owner to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Video of inside the shop and the 'victom' as they're called the deceased

Video imbed at the link if a team member wants to make it easier to watch.

http://www.aikenstandard.com/story/0809Shooting-Death
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Photo from the article:

If this is what the store owner used, he has achieved God like status.[/quote]

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is an SOT.  About 5 mins from my house.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not here in SC.

Excellent.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#34]
A good case for why 30 rounders need to stay available and legal.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#35]
And this is the exact reason why mag fed semi autos are important. Bad guys travel in groups and tend to be armed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Meh,

+10 X2 for two failures to neutralize.

Targets were engaged, so no procedural there.

Not too shabby though, he can make it up on the next stage.  

Ain't that the truth.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Good shoot.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Had it been carbine length the other two wouldn't have made it out.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://www2.wjbf.com/mgmedia/image/630/394/369350/3-people-shot-in-robbery-attempt-at-nort-66028/

The business owner, who reportedly lives in the rear of the business, reportedly heard the alarm and went to check on the store.

Investigators say, three people tried to rob the store on the 500 block of Highway 25, off Sterling Drive, shortly before 4 a.m.

The suspects drove their car into the building, waking the business owner up.  The owner says the crash sounded like gunshots and he opened fire on the suspects.

The victim says he saw silhouettes and fired shots. Investigators say all three suspects were shot.  One stayed behind at the scene and two suspects fled to a Waffle House located West Martintown Road in North Augusta.

Waffle House for a GSW, huh? Makes sense.

I hear scattered and smothered hashbrowns are the shit for treating sucking chest wounds!
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is an SOT.  About 5 mins from my house.  

It looks like NFA engraving on the right side of the receiver too.  

I have a very similar setup too.  It is a fun gun too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Do we have a user name yet?  

Good shoot!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore —
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door —
           Only this and nothing more."

Awesome.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing good happens at the waffle house at 4am

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#44]

I think this incident is most disturbing.   After being shot with a .223 caliber firearm, two of the criminals were able to travel to a Waffle House.  It is a good thing that none of the innocent citizens at the Waffle House were endangered by these two wounded idiots.

I would prefer to see both criminals dead at the scene.  Now, I don't know all the facts and I'm not a ballistics expert like Old Painless; however, I have to wonder whether or not the .223 rounds used lacked the power to penetrate through a vehicle.  Perhaps the criminals were in a vehicle when they were shot.

In any event, it seems to me that very few people ever flee to a Waffle House after receiving a charge of buckshot or  a round or two of .30 caliber goodness.

Fluffy
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Meh,

+10 X2 for two failures to neutralize.

Targets were engaged, so no procedural there.

Not too shabby though, he can make it up on the next stage.  

All scored!!

Paste 'em!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

GD

Good shoot

Defensive firearm used was an AR15 with a 30-round magazine. The owner opened fire after one of the robbers allegedly yelled "kill the motherfucker!"

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Looked like a SIG 556 SBR, no?
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#49]
http://360.io/Y3Tu5H
Not sure if the link will work but we need to find out who the news hottie is...

ETA: Pan left and you'll see her.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think this incident is most disturbing.   After being shot with a .223 caliber firearm, two of the criminals were able to travel to a Waffle House.  It is a good thing that none of the innocent citizens at the Waffle House were endangered by these two wounded idiots.

I would prefer to see both criminals dead at the scene.  Now, I don't know all the facts and I'm not a ballistics expert like Old Painless; however, I have to wonder whether or not the .223 rounds used lacked the power to penetrate through a vehicle.  Perhaps the criminals were in a vehicle when they were shot.

In any event, it seems to me that very few people ever flee to a Waffle House after receiving a charge of buckshot or  a round or two of .30 caliber goodness.

Fluffy

You have never been to SC have you? To be honest the majority of it is a third world country. TWH was probably the closest place with live people and they were most likely unable to call an ambalamps or drive themselves to the Hospital. They honestly were probably on deaths door. I can tell you one thing that SBR did was scare the shit out of them due to the concussion and flame. They probably have third degree burns from the flash too. Honestly as loud and snorty as SBRs are he probably didn't need to hit them and they already thought they were dying.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top