Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2012 7:45:26 PM EDT
I guess I never really paid attention to shooting sports at the Olympics. I just looked up some of their videos and I am a little disappointed. After shooting USPSA and 3 gun for the last couple years I was hoping to see something like that. The Olympic shooting events look kind of boring. Anyone think practical shooting type games will ever be in the Olympics?
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont think any damn country that does not let their citizens own firearms should be allowed to compete in shooting events... fuck them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i dont think any damn country that does not let their citizens own firearms should be allowed to compete in shooting events... fuck them.

Like button ! ! !
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess I never really paid attention to shooting sports at the Olympics. I just looked up some of their videos and I am a little disappointed. After shooting USPSA and 3 gun for the last couple years I was hoping to see something like that. The Olympic shooting events look kind of boring. Anyone think practical shooting type games will ever be in the Olympics?

Practical?  Skeet and trap were designed to train folks to shoot various game birds.

Which do you think is more likely?  Kicking open the front gates of Mozambique or shooting a pair of doves crossing over a pond?

The trap and skeet shooting is cool, but the other stuff I saw was not as cool.

I say practical because USPSA and 3 gun are part of "practical" shooting. Their terms, not mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]
It'd be nice and more interesting to me if they shot full-powered service rifles and service pistols like they used to do.  .22s and airguns are just not all that interesting.  Longer ranges to go with larger rifes would of course be good, too.  And maybe intoducing a summer biathlon or Stang shooting, field speed shooting, the Kenyathlon, etc., i.e. things other than slow fire at fixed targets (although the latter should be retained).  I actually enjoy watching the mentioned Scandinavian sports and biathlons.  They are much more interesting and do require skill.  Heck, maybe one can invent a shooting sport that combines the elements of the aforementioned sports, such as a summer biathlon where some of the events involve having to get as many rounds in the black on a target at an unknown intermediate range as one possibly can within a certain time limit.  You could make a biathlon very interesting.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd at least like something like Palma introduced.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big fan of airguns and own several vintage match-style air rifles. I also enjoy informal 10 meter off-hand shooting in my basement . . . .
. . . . BUT . . .
I thought the Olympics air rifle and air competition were boring as shit. They rated right up there with watching paint dry.

I watched them, though . . . funny how you can get into a grove where just the hit appearing on the target keeps it interesting . . . OK, maybe BARELY interesting would be a better way to describe it. It was pretty fucking dull. What made it worse was the complete lack of emotion on the shooter's faces. They'd take a shot and then go into shut-down mode. I guess they were meditating or clearing their head for the next shot, but, damn, talk about bad television . . . .

BTW, they will NEVER have run-and-gun/tactical events in the Olympics (other than biathalon). The Sheeple in the European countries would never allow it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

snip

BTW, they will NEVER have run-and-gun/tactical events in the Olympics (other than biathalon). The Sheeple in the European countries would never allow it.

They do an awful lot of IPSC over there...

Link Posted: 8/4/2012 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

They do an awful lot of IPSC over there...  

Shows what I know . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top