Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2012 9:14:48 PM EDT
Let's pretend for a second that Obama does end up banning semi auto rifles... What next? I mean will they be knocking on doors to take them? Obviously they will ban the sale and trade.... but what about the ones in our safes and the ones we burry?  How will they know and what do you think would happen?
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I predict that secret police wearing all black dress uniforms with distinctive lighting bolt shaped double S markings will drag you and your family out of bed tonight, line you up against a wall and shoot you at 3AM tonight just for making such a suggestion on an evil right wing forum.

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Really...

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Obama can't do jack shit.

The 94 AWB passed by one vote with the democrats controlling both houses of congress and the presidency.

It ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's pretend for a second that threads like these stop for a week. How slow would it be in GD?
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Let's pretend for a second that Obama does end up banning semi auto rifles... What next? I mean will they be knocking on doors to take them? Obviously they will ban the sale and trade.... but what about the ones in our safes and the ones we burry?  How will they know and what do you think would happen?

Just like the last AWB...  No new production and all the rest will be pre-bans until it is lifted again (if ever).

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I expect to have my guns "grandfathered in" in such a case. The government cannot simply ban them and go door-to-door.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's pretend for a second that threads like these stop for a week. How slow would it be in GD?

Not that slow, I got lots of things to post to make up for AWB, CO, and Bill O'reilly threads...
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like the last AWB...  No new production and all the rest will be pre-bans until it is lifted again (if ever).

Actually no.  Whatever the new law says will be what happens.  But there won't be any new law.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I predict that secret police wearing all black dress uniforms with distinctive lighting bolt shaped double S markings will drag you and your family out of bed tonight, line you up against a wall and shoot you at 3AM tonight just for making such a suggestion on an evil right wing forum.  

THEY BETTER  EAT THEIR WHEATIES FIRST

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Can we at least wait for something to be put on the table before we start freaking out?
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]

What's with this "we" shit?
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q624/cpertu3962/0f9784b5.jpg

Whoa! 100 year old technology!
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Really...  

apparently...
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Any other mil/leo guys get that brief about the door to door gun confiscation coming up? Man, I can't wait!
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your puny shotgun will be useless.

Enforcement will come in the form of hellfire equipped drones, and obama with an xbox controller will be snuffing us out one by one.

Picture google earth with a crosshair floating over it, and all gun owners homes brightly lit on the map.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The 94 AWB passed by one vote with the democrats controlling both houses of congress and the presidency.

It ain't gonna happen.

Lots of things have changed since then.  Incidents such as Columbine, V Tech, Tucson, Auora, etc. are within the people's minds and emotionalism is fully in play.

On the other hand, each year pushes record numbers for new firearms owners.

Could go any way.

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually no.  Whatever the new law says will be what happens.  But there won't be any new law.

Withholding the speculation of your last sentence, you're saying there's a possibility of them going door to door collecting firearms?

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Your puny shotgun will be useless.  

Enforcement will come in the form of hellfire equipped drones, and obama with an xbox controller will be snuffing us out one by one.

Picture google earth with a crosshair floating over it, and all gun owners homes brightly lit on the map.

It's OK...I have on my tin-foil hat!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Withholding the speculation of your last sentence, you're saying there's a possibility of them going door to door collecting firearms?

There is a possibility that monkeys could fly out of my butt at any time.  Doesn't mean it is going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I dunno, wanna talk about the 3 Lr-308 lowers ill be doing next Friday?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#23]
The Clinton 94' assault weapons ban didn't do shit besides annoy gun owners and increase the price on pre-ban weapons. It sounded like the government banned those evil weapons, but really all it did was make it so my rifles couldn't have flash hiders, bayonet lugs, folding stocks. At the end of the day we still had AR-15's and AK's without all the evil features. A crazy guy can shoot up a crowed area with a semi-auto sporting AR-15 just as easily as he could with an evil pre-ban AR-15. It's all retarded, but the public doesn't realize how pointless gun control really is. Don't worry the government will never try to confiscate our weapons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:24:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't gonna happen.

Lots of things have changed since then.  Incidents such as Columbine, V Tech, Tucson, Auora, etc. are within the people's minds and emotionalism is fully in play.

Could go any way.

Are on peoples mind? I've come across dummies that can't even tell me what happen on 9/11... and you think they remember all that you listed above!
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't gonna happen.

Could go any way.

Are on peoples mind? I've come across dummies that can't even tell me what happen on 9/11... and you think they remember all that you listed above!

Ain't that the truth. Most Americans only care about American Idol or football. If you asked them something important like how this country got started they wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#26]
If what you are asking really comes about.........yes, you will have to turn in your semi-auto firearms.  If you don't you will get arrested by the police if they are ever discovered.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#27]
There won't be an AWB.  Not only does he not have the votes in the house or senate (regardless of which party controls the senate), the Brady Campaign is starting to move away from pushing for one.  

I could see a magazine limit pass, though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let's pretend for a second that Obama does end up banning semi auto rifles

Perhaps you should spend more time learning how the government works and less time thinking about the unknowable future.
I'll get you started on your journey. The President of the United States does not rule by decree. He cannot ban any firearms on his own authority.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Let's pretend for a second that Obama does end up banning semi auto rifles... What next? I mean will they be knocking on doors to take them? Obviously they will ban the sale and trade.... but what about the ones in our safes and the ones we burry? How will they know and what do you think would happen?

I think you need to take a civics class again
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps you should spend more time learning how the government works and less time thinking about the unknowable future.
I'll get you started on your journey. The President of the United States does not rule by decree. He cannot ban any firearms on his own authority.

Guys, I assume he meant a law is passed banning semi-auto firearms.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't gonna happen.

Could go any way.

Ain't that the truth. Most Americans only care about American Idol or football. If you asked them something important like how this country got started they wouldn't know.

Pretty much... If it didn't effect them directly... It quickly becomes insignificant.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It ain't gonna happen.

I heard 100's of people say that very same thing back in 1993.

And there were plenty of R votes for it the last time.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:09:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can we at least wait for something to be put on the table before we start freaking out?

It's never too soon to freak out
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys, I assume he meant a law is passed banning semi-auto firearms.

If that's the case, he should be more precise.
Why? Because blame should be laid at the feet of those responsible. If such a statute were passed the members of Congress who voted in favor of it would be to blame. If people forget that, those members of Congress in effect get a pass. If they get a pass, they continue their mischief.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Any future "BAN" on the possession of any type of firearm will be enforced selectively and incrementally. At first, there will be a few highly publicized busts of vocal and outspoken opponents which will cause many to capitulate and run to the authorities and surrender their contraband guns, ammo and mags (despite their previous on-line cheap talk of "Come And Get Them"). Most of the remaining gun owners will  be forced to disassemble and bury or otherwise hide their contraband guns which is EXACTLY what the Government will want you to do. In this scenario, your guns are no longer easily accessible or useful and your skill-set will quickly degrade. On the other hand, you will keep your mouth shut regarding any criticism of the Government in fear of having your door kicked in at 3:00am in a "lawful search" for illegal arms. The authorities will conduct such raids periodically just to keep you in fear of receiving their attention and to illustrate to the sheeple just how necessary these violent tactics are in order to keep "machineguns and bazookas from flooding the streets". You will be paraded in front of the cameras, in the middle of the night, looking all stupid and crazy in your underwear and your bed-head hair and then the camera will pan the table displaying your evil arsenal (to include some drywall screws, gasoline cans and bottle-rockets) guarded by a "brave" black-clad thug wearing a a balaclava . A reporter will make comment about the armor-piercing/hollow-pointed/black-talon boo-lits loaded into a sixty-thousand round banana-clip for your Glock-47 with the shoulder-thingy that goes up for more thrusts per squeeze. Then a professional profiler will explain to the viewers that due to your small penis and obsession with guns, you were a "ticking time-bomb" just waiting for a school bus to drive too close to your lawn. The reporter will then confirm that there is indeed a school less than 6.73 miles from you house. This tactic will be repeated at the next location as deemed necessary.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Most citizens will just ignore it like last time, if someone wants to kill someone with a AR-15 no ban will prevent this.

The AR-15 is Americas rifle, it would be like banning apple pie and the Red White and Blue.

There are more AR-15 type rifles in civilian hands than the Army and Marines combined.

No law will stop a criminal, remember the Columbine massacre happened during the last ban.

BTW law enforcement never enforced the last AWB anyways.

Law enforcement will not go door to door as citizens will just rise up and overwhelm them.

Also there is not enough soldiers and National guard to handle a full scale uprising, the government would have to call the UN for help.

Due to this there will never be full blown gun confiscations in the US, people opened their eyes after Katrina.

Free
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Really...  

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I know he doesn't have the votes for it and saying a few feel good things to appease the masses and all, but I lived through the last one and hated it.

If it happens it will be a slow erosion of rights and could be like Australia. Common sense registration, then more common sense laws to protect the citizens and then once they have chipped away at ownership where it becomes less of a political liability, comes the outright ban of certain weapons.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:38:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This X 8700000000000000

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It ain't gonna happen.

Obama can not commit troops for more the 90 days with out going through congress, Obama can’t grant amnesty with out going through congress, Obama can’t implement an assault weapons ban with out going through congress….
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any future "BAN" on the possession of any type of firearm will be enforced selectively and incrementally. At first, there will be a few highly publicized busts of vocal and outspoken opponents which will cause many to capitulate and run to the authorities and surrender their contraband guns, ammo and mags (despite their previous on-line cheap talk of "Come And Get Them"). Most of the remaining gun owners will  be forced to disassemble and bury or otherwise hide their contraband guns which is EXACTLY what the Government will want you to do. In this scenario, your guns are no longer easily accessible or useful and your skill-set will quickly degrade. On the other hand, you will keep your mouth shut regarding any criticism of the Government in fear of having your door kicked in at 3:00am in a "lawful search" for illegal arms. The authorities will conduct such raids periodically just to keep you in fear of receiving their attention and to illustrate to the sheeple just how necessary these violent tactics are in order to keep "machineguns and bazookas from flooding the streets". You will be paraded in front of the cameras, in the middle of the night, looking all stupid and crazy in your underwear and your bed-head hair and then the camera will pan the table displaying your evil arsenal (to include some drywall screws, gasoline cans and bottle-rockets) guarded by a "brave" black-clad thug wearing a a balaclava . A reporter will make comment about the armor-piercing/hollow-pointed/black-talon boo-lits loaded into a sixty-thousand round banana-clip for your Glock-47 with the shoulder-thingy that goes up for more thrusts per squeeze. Then a professional profiler will explain to the viewers that due to your small penis and obsession with guns, you were a "ticking time-bomb" just waiting for a school bus to drive too close to your lawn. The reporter will then confirm that there is indeed a school less than 6.73 miles from you house. This tactic will be repeated at the next location as deemed necessary.

This is pretty much spot on..   If you actually believe it can't happen this way, you are kidding yourself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I approve.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you inferring?
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I approve.

sounds about right.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Don't worry...we will still be able to get bazookas at the gun show
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#46]
These threads are getting old.  It's about like asking what would happen if aliens attack the earth. Would they be friendly?  Kill us all?  Take our resources?  Who knows.  Hopefully there will not be another ban.  If a new one is possibly passed (which I think is a very very small chance) who knows what it will contain.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that slow, I got lots of things to post to make up for AWB, CO, and Bill O'reilly threads...

Aint that the truth.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if all the "Anti's" are counting on the UN arms treaty getting ratified to work in their favor.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I expect to have my guns "grandfathered in" in such a case. The government cannot simply ban them and go door-to-door.

They wont have to go door to door. They will issue a "bring them in or else...." I would guess a 90% compliance.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you inferring?

Nothing.  The reader infers.   The speaker implies.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top