Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

because the citizens of that State support it.....

This. All Romney did was sign it. The elected reps of the people of Mass. made it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The Mass AWB was in place before Romney.  He signed a bill that improved conditions for gun owners.  Why do people keep spreading lies about this?

Cuz its easier than actually finding out what the fuck they're blathering about.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: Now evey time I hear ANY gun news its "Obama is going to take and ban your guns" signed NRA,FOX, Rush, Palin, Any Republican, any "TEA PARTY"......

You left out Cheney, Halliburton, No Blood For Oil, Bankster, Fair Share,

When you say certain words that members of the left tend to say, don't be shocked and awed when people think you're a member of the left.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and the 2A citizens are becoming outnumbered as a country

It started when they banned shooting sports in schools and college

True story there. A few yrs back I read an old article that said in the 50's something like 80% of high schools had rifle marksmanship programs, and/or shooting teams. They were given surplus 03A3 rifles, and kept them in a cage in the school.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not all.
Did your Rep. vote for it?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Someone In Illinois is Bitching about a law banning all Assasult weapons that was signed and put in place by Romney in Massachusetts?  This makes you Laugh your Ass off?  Well in Illinois I can have and own as many assasult weapons as I want, there is no ban here.  Now evey time I hear ANY gun news its "Obama is going to take and ban your guns" signed NRA,FOX, Rush, Palin, Any Republican, any "TEA PARTY".....So this is/was news to me, first I've seen of it.  So I posted it here because again all anyone hears is Obama is going to ban and kick your door in and take your guns, all while the only one that as a fact has passed any law that says NO guns is Mitt Romney!...So it was very shocking to me to hear/see this because this is the GUY we are told to vote for, because he will not touch our guns......
You don't read so good, do ya son?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
......... Tealiban.....

Goodbye .

* c l i c k *

Yup, idjit, saw it right off.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
LMAO
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Mass AWB was in place before Romney.  He signed a bill that improved conditions for gun owners.  Why do people keep spreading lies about this?

How does a permanent ban replacing a temporary ban improve conditions for gun owners??

Uh, the first ban was permanent.  The second one reduced some restrictions.  Check your facts before responding.

Oh look, Romney threw some crumbs of freedom back to his constituents in special thanks for buying his healthcare program. I don't give a fuck what he signed, the people in Massachusetts have less freedom than just about anywhere else in NORTH AMERICA- yet ROMNEY was in charge of that. He could have made real changes but he doesn't give a shit about rights or the Constitution, he only cares about getting elected. You guys go knock yourselves out and support your anti-gun, pro forced healthcare candidate. I'm sitting this election out. Get a real true Conservative to run and then maybe they'll deserve my vote. Until then, let the country suck it.

Granted I am not happy with Romney being picked to represent the republican party but he is better than Obama.

Picking between these two is like deciding if I want to get punched in the face(Romney)or kicked in the balls(Obama).

I will take the punch in the face.

Your attitude is childish and counter productive.
Have you always been such a master of understatement?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This topic is new and exciting.  OP, you surely are brilliant.

Thats right because I spend so mush time in this section.  I spend my time in the AR section.  Its the first time i've seen this, again all I hear is Obama is coming he's coming to take your guns away NOW, hide them live in fear!!   When in fact its Willard Romney that is the only one to in fact pass any legislation banning guns!!  I find it very hypocritical.  So yes I find this "New and exciting."
Can we get a puzzle book over here?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

34 posts...hmmmmmm...du troll anyone?

No troll. Just a shocked gun owner.

Who happens to show up at election time criticizing the R candidate...funny how that works.
I can't believe I'm agreeing with FED

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone In Illinois is Bitching about a law banning all Assasult weapons that was signed and put in place by Romney in Massachusetts?  This makes you Laugh your Ass off?  Well in Illinois I can have and own as many assasult weapons as I want, there is no ban here.  Now evey time I hear ANY gun news its "Obama is going to take and ban your guns" signed NRA,FOX, Rush, Palin, Any Republican, any Tealiban.....So this is/was news to me, first I've seen of it.  So I posted it here because again all anyone hears is Obama is going to ban and kick your door in and take your guns, all while the only one that as a fact has passed any law that says NO guns is Mitt Romney!...So it was very shocking to me to hear/see this because this is the GUY we are told to vote for, because he will not touch our guns......

Unlike you, even the absolutists and Paulbots in here know that Obama has a far more extreme and substantial record of actively fighting gun ownership of every kind than Romney does.  It may be the lesser of two evils for Romney's supporters, but the ideological and motivational gulf between them is, by all evidence, HUGE.  

As a Shitcagoan, YOU SHOULD KNOW Obama's record in Illinois and therefore realize what he's capable of.  I believe you do know about Obama and I think you're, at best, a Fudd Democrat and Obama supporter rather than simply a Romney hater.  Your whole tack here smells like bullshit propaganda.

Democrat No, Independent yes. Vote for President Obama in 2008 yes, From Chicago No-But every forum name I could come up with was already used, Never followed every thing Obama did in Illinois-Just as President, Now I follow and use the facts as to how I judge/vote -Fact Romney as governor, he signed a permanent assault weapons ban into law in Massachusetts. Yes I have an issue with that and everyone here should!  I'm still waiting for something in form of a FACT that Obama has done (As President) that again is "true" and along the lines of what Romney did.  If this UN gun crap is really what the NRA says, well I'll be done with him!  If its true as every fact check site says its not and it will not effect you and I unless someone is supplying weapons to foreign countries/terrorist and passes the Senate with a 2/3 votes (Will Never Happen)....So my tack, I agree is not the best here but again this was news to me.  Propaganda information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc. Thats what this whole post is about!
Fuck, Maybe hooked on phonics? Any other ideas?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vote for President Obama in 2008 yes,

In case anyone missed it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vote for President Obama in 2008 yes,

In case anyone missed it.
I saw it, but it was to much fun to stop

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bullseye; that's what the majority of voters demand there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Still voting for Romney.

Dumbass.

Mitt Romney eats babies and throws kittens to their death from rooftops.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
States rights.  

The US Constitution should , rightfully , trump State's Rights .

This is correct, how so many people miss this fact is beyond me.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who happens to show up at election time criticizing the R candidate...funny how that works.

Dude because its election time! Really....You call it Criticizing, I call it pointing out a true fact that can effect all of us.   I guess you do not have an issue with Romney as governor, signing a permanent assault weapons ban into law in Massachusetts, but I do.  

No one here ever "criticized" the "O" President here?  Funny how that works

And now you are defending Obama...how suprisingly trollish...
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

States rights.

Probaby because the SCOTUS didnt rule on a case involving the incorporation of the 2nd amendment until 2010...well after Romney was governor
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
States rights.

Probaby because the SCOTUS didnt rule on a case involving the incorporation of the 2nd amendment until 2010...well after Romney was governor

It's so fundamental that is should go without saying.  There should be no debate on the issue but that's beside the point.  We aren't living under the
Constitution any more everyone should just get used to it I guess.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm not scared of the first term Romney messing with the gun laws; he would want a second term. Its the second term Romney where he has nothing to lose that worries me. Same thing with 0.

If you think that the "hold your nose" crowd is gonna vote third party in 2016 if Romney signs an AWB or vetos an Obamacare repeal, you're gonna be disappointed.  They'll just say that it was necessary to stop something worse, and was actually a net gain for our side, like they do with his support of socialized medicine and gun control right now.

An incumbent president has never lost his party's nomination for a second term.  It has as much precedent as a third party candidate winning the presidency, and the folks who deride others for questioning Romney's conservative credentials are counting on it to rein him in.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does a permanent ban replacing a temporary ban improve conditions for gun owners??

Uh, the first ban was permanent.  The second one reduced some restrictions.  Check your facts before responding.

Reagan was a gun-banner, too!

Wasn't "Bush the Elder" responsible for signing something bad about machine guns back in '86?
So let's see... Reagan GHW Bush, and Romney all signed anti-gun laws, but somehow Obama (May fuck be upon him) is the guy responsible for the biggest increase in gun sales because he's anti-gun. Got it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't "Bush the Elder" responsible for signing something bad about machine guns back in '86?

So let's see... Reagan GHW Bush, and Romney all signed anti-gun laws, but somehow Obama (May fuck be upon him) is the guy responsible for the biggest increase in gun sales because he's anti-gun. Got it.

You dont agree that Obama is anti-gun?

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one point where you had 34 posts, too. Stop pretending that any newcomer is a "troll."

He called a spade a spade.  The "low post count troll" is pretty fucking common around election time.  

Lighten up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just just read this off a Romney site...And this is well.....More awsome news!

In Massachusetts 1994, Mitt Romney said, "I don't line up with the NRA." A decade later, as governor, he signed legislation making a state assault weapons ban permanent.!!! Romney also supported a national assault weapons ban and the Brady Bill during his 1994 Senate run ....  WTF and all I hear is its Obama...Its Romney!  ObamaCare came from RomneyCare...Its Romney the Assault weapon Fascist!  

Great.....Just great.

Now this is not a Pro Obama post its a Fact post.  Something we need to look into with Romney.

"Look into it", and do exactly what, moby???

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fucking MOBY's can go suck moist farts from a dead Kennedy's ass .

Yup - FOAD, mobys!!!

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not all.

+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit, Obama supporter...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Democrat party, going back to democrat Timothy Sullivan, bans guns.
1934 NFA? Democrats.
1968 GCA? Democrats.
1986 Hughes Amendment (designed to torpedo the FOPA)? Democrats.
Various schemes throughout the 1980's and 90's to ban handguns, magazines, instill waiting periods, ban hunting ammunition, so called assault weapons...who? Democrats. (Intense pressure from Democrats led to the lily livered Bush 1 banning imports)
1992 Brady Bill? Democrats.
1994 ugly gun ban? Democrats.
Lautenberg Amendment? Democrats.
Who is responsible for nearly ALL local and state restrictions? Democrats.
Who fights tooth and nail against CCW? Democrats.
Resistance to CCW in Nat. Parks? Democrats.
Against the Protection of Lawful Commerce Act? Democrats.
Against nationwide carry? Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Romney is a fucking snake. He is the classic used car salesman. He will do whatever is necessary to adapt to his surroundings, even if that includes constantly changing his policies and stabbing everyone in the back.

He cannot be trusted with protecting the Second Amendment.

Please explain how Obama is better, moby...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Mass AWB was tied to Federal language/definitions that were set to expire. The Mass AWB was going to get neutered if that happened. Romney signed onto a new bill separating the Mass law from Federal law ensuring a truly permanent ban. It may not have been veto proof, but the fucker didn't believe in gun rights enough to take a stand. Fuck him.

And fuck the GOP for putting us in the position for voting for him over Obama.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Mass AWB was tied to Federal language/definitions that were set to expire. The Mass AWB was going to get neutered if that happened. Romney signed onto a new bill separating the Mass law from Federal law ensuring a truly permanent ban. It may not have been veto proof, but the fucker didn't believe in gun rights enough to take a stand. Fuck him.

Yeah.  Fuck those 10 million primary voters!!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Why can't an American in Massachusetts or California own an Assault Weapon today?

I fixed it for you.

But the answer is the same.   A$$&^8# politicians.  Oh but, they did it , "for the kids."

Aloha, Mark

PS...........you can split hairs about CA.  They still allow "assault weapons" that were registered prior to I forget the date.  

But, no new ones, for civilians.  IMHO......that's just one more reason.......not move there.  Illegal Mexicans are more welcome than a law abiding American with a gun collection.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Why?

Well, that would be due to the fact that we're not really a Constitutional Republic, but rather a Democracy and the Second Amendment as well as the Fourteenth Amendment aren't worth the paper they are printed on anymore.

Mob rule not rule by law is what we have, which is why this nation is crumbling.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit. The ban was not going anywhere. And it was veto proof. Only one legislator in the entire state voted against it. The NRA and GOAL strongly supported the law that Romney signed because it did improve things for gun owners with NO losses.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you vote in the primaries?

Do you even know how it works?  Given that in blue, I would say you don't.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So they elected Bitch Romney, who also supported it...
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The time to settle this was in the primaries.  Now it's time to vote against Obama.  

That's great, but I'm not a republican. I refuse to support the moderates that have taken over.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Um. What the fuck ever
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit. The ban was not going anywhere. And it was veto proof. Only one legislator in the entire state voted against it. The NRA and GOAL strongly supported the law that Romney signed because it did improve things for gun owners with NO losses.

I misspoke, it was veto proof. The ban was going to get all fubar because the language in the federal law was about to expire.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#41]
You keep your assault weapon in your summer home in a differant state. If you get caught you just brought it back, and intended to take it out of state. It works here in Chicago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You keep your assault weapon in your summer home in a differant state. If you get caught you just brought it back, and intended to take it out of state. It works here in Chicago.

WOW.........you're sooooo RICH that you can afford to have 2 homes.  

For the rest of us with only one home..........well, there you are.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just put him on ignore
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Governor Romney then took the podium to make a few remarks before signing the bill. Although the Governor did make mention of being a "sportsman" and the reforms in the bill that would help other sportsmen, he spun the bill as a ban.

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

When asked by a reporter if he supported the renewal of the federal "assault weapons" ban and if he had spoken to the senators about it, Governor Romney replied that it was not really his job to lobby on federal legislation, but that he shares Senator Kerry's and Senator Kennedy's position on the issue!
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misspoke, it was veto proof. The ban was going to get all fubar because the language in the federal law was about to expire.

The ban was not going to be affected, at least the NRA, GOAL, and many lawyers thought it wasn't. That may have played out in a court challenge. Even with a successful challenge to the expired federal definitions, MA still would have an AWB, although some small changes may have occurred as listed below. Keep in mind that just about everybody said these changes would not happen, but here they are:

1) MA law made no reference to "evil features", so post ban AR15s and any other guns on "the list" in post ban configuration would no longer be legal to own.

2) Guns not on the state list, but banned because of "evil features", would have been legal for a while. Keep in mind that the MA law specifically provides that the AG can add any gun to the list at any time simply because they feel like it. The updated list must be published no less than 3 times per year.

MA law clearly defines "high capacity magazines" and makes it a crime to possess one made after Sept 1994. That part was not in jeopardy ever. At the end of the day, the law Romney signed was a win for gun owners. It was sold by the liberal media as a gun ban.

I'll go dig up my wall of text MA AWB post with links in a moment.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'll go dig up my wall of text MA AWB post with links in a moment.

Here is the latest version of my copy and paste post about Governor Mitt Romney and the Mass AWB. It is a work in progress. Please feel free to point out any factual errors.

During the primaries, there was much debate over whether or not the law that Romney signed in 2004 did in fact stop the original AWB in MA, signed by Paul Cellucci in 1998 from expiring with the federal ban. Some claim that without the federal law that is referenced, it would not be enforceable. The NRA, GOAL, and many lawyers in MA disagreed.

But for the sake of argument let's assume they were all wrong, there was no Romney law, and the federal definitions were no longer valid when the federal ban expired. In this case a few changes would have taken place:

1) MA would still have the AWB that banned guns on the list. There would no longer be an exemption for AR15s and other guns on the list in post ban configuration. MA law makes no reference to evil features.

2) Other guns not on the list but banned because of evil features would then be legal. However, the original AWB reserves the right to add guns to the banned roster at any time. The roster is to be published no less than 3 times per year.

3) The magazine capacity ban was not going anywhere. It is defined in the original AWB from 1998.

Quotes from and links to the laws below. But first, this is what the NRA ILA had to say about the bill before it was signed into law:

Myth: Some headlines claimed that the legislature voted to expand the ban on the sale of the same 19 guns that the federal government has banned.

Fact: The guns are already banned in Massachusetts . The legislature only voted to clarify the definition of so-called "assault weapons," but made no changes to the number of guns included.

Myth: The gun ban was extended.

Fact: Our state`s gun ban was not due to disappear, nor will it become invalid if the federal ban sunsets in September.

On June 24, 2004 at approximately 11:20 AM , the Senate took the last legislative vote on S.2367 and sent it to Governor Romney`s desk for his consideration. Representing the greatest set of firearm law reforms since the passage of the Commonwealth`s worst in the nation gun laws, S.2367 is a breath of fresh air for law abiding gun owners. Governor Romney is expected to sign the bill into law later this week.

While not perfect by any means, this bill represents a step forward for gun owners in Massachusetts. The bill was passed in the Senate by a vote of 36 - 1 in favor and the House passed it with no amendments or debate on a "voice" vote. This represented by far the broadest support a reform bill has ever seen in the Massachusetts State House. Only one legislator in the entire building voiced opposition to the bill.

S.2367 does the following:

Instructs the Executive Director of the Criminal History Systems Board to make the Firearms Identification Card and the License To Carry a Firearm the same size as a driver`s license;

Changes the term of a Firearms Identification Card and a License to Carry to six years;

Creates a grace period of 90 days, if the Firearms Identification Card or License to Carry holder applies for renewal before the expiration date, and if the application for renewal is not denied;

Creates a Firearms Licensing Review Board. Applicants disqualified by a misdemeanor record, from obtaining a License To Carry or Firearms Identification Card, may file a petition for review of eligibility with the board, five years after conviction, adjudication, commitment, probation or parole;

and in the case where an officer is confiscating the guns of a person with an expired license, requires the officer to provide a written inventory and receipt for all guns.

Here is the original MA AWB, complete with the federal AWB references intact:   MA gun control act of 1998 signed by acting governor Paul Cellucci before he was elected the following November.

"Assault weapon", shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30), and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

The secretary may amend the roster upon his own initiative or with the advice of said board. A person may petition the secretary to place a weapon on, or remove a weapon from, the roster, subject to the provisions of this section. A person who so petitions shall give the reasons why the roster should be so amended.

"Large capacity feeding device", (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31).
The term "large capacity feeding device" shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber ammunition.

Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

And, from the so-called Romney "AWB" of 2004 Hit the link to read the rest of what Romney signed to get a taste of what MA gun owners put up with before this law took effect. There was no grace period for expired license and you must have a license just to have it in your house in MA. There was no requirement for the police to issue a receipt when confiscating a firearm.

SECTION 1. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2002 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the figure "(30)", in line 11, the following words:- as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994.

SECTION 2. Said section 121 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the figure "922", in line 21, the following words:- as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994.

SECTION 3. Said section 121 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the figure "(31)", in line 58, the following words:- as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994.

The repaired version in the MGLs.

“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

Emphasis mine.

So no, It doesn't look like Romney actually signed a permanent AWB in MA. Paul Cellucci did back in 1998. Either way, the so called "Romney AWB" was in fact a win for gun owners in Massachusetts. Yes, I know Romney has referred to it as a ban himself.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This topic is new and exciting.  OP, you surely are brilliant.

These events bring out the troll accounts.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you vote in the primaries?

Do you even know how it works?  Given that in blue, I would say you don't.

Yes I know how primaries work, as in this case Republicans get together and vote for their nomination for President. This year the rest of the party managed to select a guy who jumps left and right of center all the time. He looks pretty and talks a good talk and has all sorts of money behind him and a lot of people let the used car salesman sell them a lemon. People think they are getting a Mustang but whats getting delivered is a Pinto.

Republicans put forward a shit field of candidates this year, the money machine got behind Mr Hair and he won, and barely at that. A lot of people voted based on the perceived electability of the candidates vs Obama, the GOP as a whole is at fault for this; in their fervor to get rid of Obama they cut off their nose to spite their face. Registered republicans are the GOP, its not unfathomable for a minority of the party to be upset at what has happened this year. Romney is not our savior. I would be shocked if he turns out to be the small government, liberty and freedom type guy that some of us are hoping for.

Romney is not the candidate that the USA needs, but its the one we are stuck with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can own about anything, thing is you need to skirt the rules a bit. True enough anything after 94 can't have a lug or flash suppressor. No big deal. Anything pre 94 is good to go. Yes, the AG has this stupid list on approved handguns but you can bring them in if your moving to MA and sell it and all that. Yup, it's not illegal to ship ammo here either, it's just that companies who do get rousted by again, that asshole AG. It's just all feel good laws. Stupid as it sounds. The thing that's killer is MA is a may issue state. It's really up to your local chief of police to set policies. I live in what's called a red town, which isn't good. According to the licensing officer, it's policy to place restrictions on your carry permit. Unless your a business owner and can prove it or LEO then you get restricted. I like that part, "or LEO", I guess some pigs are better than others and all the animal farm stuff. I'd like a level playing field. We are on our 4th Chief since my last renewal. One was a thief, his replacement was a pervert, not sure about #3. How's that for fair play, and they feel they can judge me. You can only bring them to court for denial, not restrictions. Oh, by the way, I see your in Illinois, also it seems your in Chicago according to your Arfcom name. Hmmmm, glass houses and all that.

The part in bold makes it sound as if you've grown quite accustomed to the chains that rest upon you.

Can you feel them, Taipan? The chains, that rest upon you? Is is as if that you are quite accustomed to them. That is, the chains that rest upon you.

Not really feeling like Marley Taktikos, how about your MA chains? The guys a bit weird but it is GD and I kicked myself in the ass a couple times for replying. No matter what, when it comes to MA laws, you lose. To bad he highlighted the front end as it was only a lead-in and not the rear as he would of shown he understood that it's not an even playing field in some towns, which is the real outrage. I didn't want to bring up that an AR doesn't really fit a true definition of an assault rifle (esp every bodies semi) but it's become to main stream to argue about it. And there's not much I can do about the laws as is anyway. MA has been my home state for closer to 60 than 50 years. It's changed, I have not. But what hasn't in that time? Detroit used to be a city that many others were envious of, California was the dream state where anything was possible, New York has a hell of a lot of songs written about how great it is. Were still here for a few reasons, all of my family and my wife's are within 10 minutes of my home. My kids are in the center of one of the greatest tech, medical and educational areas to be found anywhere. We were not really hurt as much as the rest of the country with the economic downturn, we were not unscathed, just better than most. Once my wife's mother and my father pass and the kids are completely on their own, we may leave but until then it's grin and bear it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I lived in MA at the time and you need to get the facts straight.  The liberal legislature passed an extention of the AWB that was veto proof.  He shouldn't have signed it, but he did.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top