Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck. We're running out of shit to call them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Guess the Officer should have just cut to the chase and told him he sucks. [Of course that could be construed as he's a pole smoker]

If you can't deal with heckling in baseball, just GTFO of the game like the thin skinned loser you really are.

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never heard the use of the word "Monday" as a racial slur before. To sum up this story, an off duty cop is at a minor league baseball game and heckles a black player by calling him a "Monday."  People around the cop complained and now he might get fired.  

WTF?  Monday is a racial slur?  Has anyone else heard this before?

and

WTF?  Freedom of speech for an off duty cop does not exist?

Race relations in this country are just fucked.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/sports/2012/07/18/probe-ends-mass-cops-alleged-slur-crawford/1224919

LEOMINSTER, Mass. — A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

<a href="http://www.sunjournal.com/files/imagecache/story_large/2012/07/18/9cc6b51804579114150f6a706700e118.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.sunjournal.com/files/imagecache/grid-3/2012/07/18/9cc6b51804579114150f6a706700e118.jpg</a>  

Charles Krupa/The Associated Press

Boston Red Sox's Carl Crawford watches the flight of a fly out to center at Fenway Park in Boston, Monday, July 16, 2012. Investigators recently finished the probe into weather an off-duty officer directed a racial slur at Crawford during a game with the Portland Sea Dogs.

Officer John Perrault was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week at which he could face more severe punishment, and could even be fired, Leominster Mayor Dean Mazzarella and Police Chief Robert Healey said.

Perreault engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer, according to the chief and mayor.

The officer, who is white, was placed on desk duty after the July 5 incident. He was described as a veteran officer with no prior disciplinary problems.

He was off duty and attending a minor league game in Manchester, N.H.

Witnesses said a heckling fan called Crawford, who is black, a "monday" before a game between the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and Portland Sea Dogs. Crawford said he interpreted the word as a racial slur.

The word can be used as a derogatory term for blacks, and is often associated with Mondays being one of the least-liked days of the week.

Crawford was playing for the Double-A Sea Dogs while rehabilitating a wrist injury.

Crawford alerted stadium officials to the remark, and team management apologized.

Leominster police reached out to Crawford as part of their investigation but did not talk to him, Mazzarella said.

The mayor and chief also issued an apology to Crawford.

Crawford returned to action for the Red Sox on Monday night, in a 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox.

Dang, those Onion articles get better every day!

Whew- almost had me there for a minute!

haha me too!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Aw hell, might as well make monday's racist. Everything else is.

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually just hear this slur 2 weeks ago.  I was extremely confused  until it was explained to me.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Mondays suck. The guy thought this guy sucked and called him a Monday. Maybe it is a regional thing, but I have never heard that term for a racial slur.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just another manic monday.  Wish it were a sunday.

That's my fun day. . My "I don't have to run day". . .

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]
One could claim that any given word...in any language...has a negative or racial connotation. Don't make it so.

Dat bad white mab call me a 'shoehorn', I be 'fended'...he be racist...shoehorn be da racist slur...

Lampshade, please!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate Monday mornings, Monday afternoons or o.k. but I tell you, I love me a Friday.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thinned skinned mother fuckers will be the death of us all

Exactly.  Damn those thin skinned cowards who'll tell obvious lies to your face because they don't want to be known as the racists they are.

Or were you trying to say that people who figure out racist code-words are thinned skinned?

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No shit. It's never good enough. African American will be considered racist in a few more years. Hell, if whites can be called crackers, maybe blacks could be notcrackers. Nah, notcracker just doesn't go with eeny, meeny, miny, mo.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
George Bush doesn't care about Mondays!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. It's never good enough. African American will be considered racist in a few more years. Hell, if whites can be called crackers, maybe blacks could be notcrackers. Nah, notcracker just doesn't go with eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Ae_LXu7sE

From 2010.

Knowing is half the battle!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Why be so cryptic.. What if he called him  Black Friday?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Never heard of Monday being used as a racial slur. But this is not the first employer to think he owns a 40 hour a week worker 24/7.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

never
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank god he didn't call him "hump day"
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Nobody likes Mondays.

Tell me why?

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody hates Mondays.

Garfield, "I hate Mondays."

Garfield is racist???????????????
STOP.....................................................................THE......................................................................................PRESSESS.....................................................................

Somebody needs to 'shop in his pointy hat.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#21]

I'm easy like Sunday morning.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Monday has been used around here for a few years.  It's better than calling them Amish, the Amish didn't do anything to deserve it!
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Of course he has a right to free speech, he isn't gonna go to jail for this.....but if his employer decides it is justified he just might lose his job.

How is he supposed to do his job if he is on the record as having been a racist? Don't you think this will come up EVERY time he arrests a minority for the rest of his career (and justifiably so)

Guess he should have been respectful and acted like a professional. Oops...im sure they are hiring at the mall. Good riddance.

If making a racist comment makes you a racist, then what is it when black uses racial terms to describe each other?

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#24]

The origin:

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I've never heard of calling someone a Monday as an insult or a slur, but the cop obviously felt it meant something when he used it, so I guess his intent is the real issue.

Buncha teacups and saucers in this thread, yeesh.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nope.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Osbourne?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:54:57 AM EDT
[#29]
This inspires me to go to minor league baseball and yell goofy shit.

"Nice throw #23, ya freeeekin wheelbarrow!"
"Hey! #51, go home with the rest of the glove compartments!"
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So is 'Thursday' a slur against gays?  

lol. i see what you did there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Urbandictionary seems to back up the claim that Monday is used as a racial slur (dozens of times over), though I have never heard it.

really?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think this is inspired.  Just throw random words together, but use them like insults.   "Oh yeah, that guy? He's a total carburetor, if you know what I mean."
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is inspired.  Just throw random words together, but use them like insults.   "Oh yeah, that guy? He's a total carburetor, if you know what I mean."

I'll be damned if I'll let my daughter marry a coffee table.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I knew some Italians that used the regular English word "coconut" instead of the more popular Italian word for eggplant

I never understood why, but, to each their own I guess...

Speed

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Of course he has a right to free speech, he isn't gonna go to jail for this.....but if his employer decides it is justified he just might lose his job.

How is he supposed to do his job if he is on the record as having been a racist? Don't you think this will come up EVERY time he arrests a minority for the rest of his career (and justifiably so)

Guess he should have been respectful and acted like a professional. Oops...im sure they are hiring at the mall. Good riddance.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe it is a regional thing, but I have never heard that term for a racial slur.

Used to hear it at work quite often.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#37]
what is a racist "code" word?    

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  Damn those thin skinned cowards who'll tell obvious lies to your face because they don't want to be known as the racists they are.

Or were you trying to say that people who figure out racist code-words are thinned skinned?

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:51:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#39]
That's like school in summertime.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#40]
you learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have never heard the use of the word "Monday" as a racial slur before. To sum up this story, an off duty cop is at a minor league baseball game and heckles a black player by calling him a "Monday."  People around the cop complained and now he might get fired.  

WTF?  Monday is a racial slur?  Has anyone else heard this before?

and

Race relations in this country are just fucked.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/sports/2012/07/18/probe-ends-mass-cops-alleged-slur-crawford/1224919

LEOMINSTER, Mass. — A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

<a href="http://www.sunjournal.com/files/imagecache/story_large/2012/07/18/9cc6b51804579114150f6a706700e118.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.sunjournal.com/files/imagecache/grid-3/2012/07/18/9cc6b51804579114150f6a706700e118.jpg</a>  [div]    [div]Charles Krupa/The Associated Press
   [div]Boston Red Sox's Carl Crawford watches the flight of a fly out to center at Fenway Park in Boston, Monday, July 16, 2012. Investigators recently finished the probe into weather an off-duty officer directed a racial slur at Crawford during a game with the Portland Sea Dogs.

Their excuse:

Perreault engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer, according to the chief and mayor.

So, This guy is a racist?

By dscotthewitt at 2012-07-19

I just thought he was lazy.........
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#42]
You got a case of the Mondays

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Holeee shitballs!!!!

If the Officer had banged on Carl Crawford's hotel door at 1:30AM without announcing himself as a police officer and subsequently shot Mr Crawford because he answered the door holding a bat, he'd be ok.

Heckling Mr. Crawford by calling him a Monday at a minor league game = fired with extreme prejudice

Interesting.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn Canadians
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe you can start treating them like people instead of objects to slap derogatory labels on.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One could claim that any given word...in any language...has a negative or racial connotation. Don't make it so.

Dat bad white mab call me a 'shoehorn', I be 'fended'...he be racist...shoehorn be da racist slur...

Lampshade, please!

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#47]
It's now official: M-word, Tues., Wed. Thurs. Fri, Sat., Sun.

Kind of like the joke, whats the difference between St. Patties Day and Juneteenth.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If making a racist comment makes you a racist, then what is it when black uses racial terms to describe each other?

"It's not racist when we say it".

http://rutube.ru/video/0f2b4b2c97def6ff42a86bd20f83a19b/

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Huck_Griffin

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've never heard of calling someone a Monday as an insult or a slur, but the cop obviously felt it meant something when he used it, so I guess his intent is the real issue.

Buncha teacups and saucers in this thread, yeesh.

Exactly.

What did he mean when he said it?

Goes to whether it truly was racist or not.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
what is a racist "code" word?    

Quoted:

Quoted:

A racist code word would be a word a racist used in place of a word that clearly has known negative meaning......

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top