Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]
That was just a training exercise for when Zimmerman gets found not guilty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Comment removed...krp
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Another reason I stay in the rural Midwest.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Owebama: If I had a family it would look like the walmart flashmob
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder why this never happens in Idaho...

I don't miss Florida or Alabama.

I moved from Memphrica TO North Alabama.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]
What round for a "flash rob"?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you are one of the decent poor bastards stuck in that walmart while this is happening, what do you do ?  

For me, i would run towards the back room and find a exit far away from them.  Most of us would be like a glow in the dark target if they started to get more violent after the food runs out.  

No point in grabbing your gun, or opening up the cabinets in the sporting good section. Sure you can take a few, but like a hoard of zombies, you better have a plan to run, and run fast...   You aren't going to be able to shoot all 300 of them.  

Might be a good chance they will take off after a few shots, but a majority might get in the mood for shredded white meat also.

While I live in a somewhat rural area, I have given this some thought.  I believe you have the right idea and that is to get away, cut fence, haul tail out of there.  Fire door, recieving door, wherever you can exit away from the crowd and just keep going.  Anyone preventing escape would have to be seen as a direct threat to your life.  Should it come to it hopefully a limited number or rounds fired would have a result much like the internet cafe and the attackers would be running each over on the way out.

This will get worse, someone or many will get hurt, probably killed.  At what point does it get reported in the MSM?  A family of four beaten, raped, and drug through the store?  Not likely.  When someone with a CCW is pinned in a corner and has to fight for their very life and a number of attackers are shot?  Yeah, that's about when it will be covered and not in a positive light.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another reason I stay in the rural Midwest.    

Amen.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I figured as much....no need to even watch the video, the mental image was dead on.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Does this mean Walmart will keep the watermelons in some kind of locked case like the Ipads?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Imagine a scene like that, only bigger and happening everywhere in or near big cities. When 300 could enter a store and just do whatever they want, think of twice or three times that many.

This is why you could never cut off "services".
We are a nation held hostage by those we have tried to help by giving and giving.

I'm not saying all or even part of this crowd are on "entitlements", but a combination of this and the LA riots is exactly the type of scene that would play out.

naah, that shit starts happening, i start carrying my AR pistol and a couple hundred rounds of ammo when i go shopping.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are one of the decent poor bastards stuck in that walmart while this is happening, what do you do ?  

For me, i would run towards the back room and find a exit far away from them.  Most of us would be like a glow in the dark target if they started to get more violent after the food runs out.  

No point in grabbing your gun, or opening up the cabinets in the sporting good section. Sure you can take a few, but like a hoard of zombies, you better have a plan to run, and run fast...   You aren't going to be able to shoot all 300 of them.  

Might be a good chance they will take off after a few shots, but a majority might get in the mood for shredded white meat also.

I have 4 toddlers.  If they're with me, there's little chance I'm getting out quickly.  If I had to shoot, I hope that with the first shot they all run off. ***ETA - the scumbags, not my kids.

Seems to me that there's600 50 baby daddies parents in FL that need their asses kicked.

FIFY.

HAHAHA!!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

naah, that shit starts happening, i start carrying my AR pistol and a couple hundred rounds of ammo when i go shopping.

Screw that,  I'll be looking like Tackleberry...I'll freaking clank when I walk from all the guns that will be strapped to me. Be like a bullet proof vest of guns.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#14]
That's not a flash mob. A flash mob shows up in a park and does the Macarena in unison. That is just a large group of looting thugs.

Also, IBTL on some of the comments made.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine a scene like that, only bigger and happening everywhere in or near big cities. When 300 could enter a store and just do whatever they want, think of twice or three times that many.

This is why you could never cut off "services".
We are a nation held hostage by those we have tried to help by giving and giving.

I'm not saying all or even part of this crowd are on "entitlements", but a combination of this and the LA riots is exactly the type of scene that would play out.

Watch some footage of the LA riots. There was nothing remotely resembling shopping going on and no law abiding citizen standing on line waiting for a cashier when that was going on. There will be no shopping.
It wouldn't take much to shut a store down. The video posted shows just that. It wouldn't take long to empty even a large store out with a few hundred people. The LA riots taught us that.
Things can go from bad to worse very fast. The stores in more urban environments just need the right semi organized spark to set things off.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I couldn't tell. Was that the same Flash Mob that sang the Hallelujah Chorus in the food court?

Looked slightly different for some reason.

Didn't look like the flash mob band that played Sousa on the 4th on Cape Cod a few years ago.

Somehow something's different. I just can't put my finger on it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hitting kinda close to home..

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Flash-mob-causes-havoc-at-Walmart/-/475880/15568130/-/vt1vdlz/-/index.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -                
Flash mobs are known across the United Stats as a group of people, dancing, having fun and enjoying themselves while entertaining others.

However, the Wal-Mart off Lem Turner Road in Jacksonville fell victim to a flash robbery when more than 300 people entered the store and destroyed the security system as well as some merchandise.

http://youtu.be/94INAruvOrA

i haven't even clicked on the video yet...but the visual is killing me!
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Where's the complete video?  I didn't see the singing/dancing part.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#19]
so the savages are clearly in all the vid, why dont they just match them up, in the future , when tey go to their PO, and book them all accordingly?
or would that be racist?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I see the real story is the racists commenting on the story.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#21]

We sooper lootin, cause we da prezdent now.

Funny how this was almost unheard of, until Obama got in the White House.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#22]
What exactly makes this a flash mob and not organized crime?  The fact that they are "members of a certain demographic" that we can't disparage do to the fact that, invariably, "they di'nt do nuffin"?

Act like rabid wild animals, get treated like rabid wild animals.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They need to start calling them Flash robberies instead of flash mobs  

I agree, I came in here to see a bunch of dumb asses dancing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#24]
You think it's bad now, just wait until they put a big display of back-to-school supplies at the entrance.  "Three-ring binder fight!"
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#25]
If Obama had more children, they would look like these looters.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#26]
What round for flash mobs?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That was just a training exercise for when Zimmerman gets found not guilty.

––or when the President loses the election.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#28]
lol watermelons
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Ever see an out of shape guy run, with his moobs bouncing, and one hand behind his back holding his shorts up?

That'd be me, headed towards the back door of a Walmart when 300 youts come storming in.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Honestly, somewhat surprised it happened here. But if it was going to happen in Jax, that's the spot for it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Honestly, somewhat surprised it happened here. But if it was going to happen in Jax, that's the spot for it.

Yeah, that was my take as well. Kinda surprised about it, but that was def the location if it were to happen.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hitting kinda close to home..

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Flash-mob-causes-havoc-at-Walmart/-/475880/15568130/-/vt1vdlz/-/index.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -                
Flash mobs are known across the United Stats as a group of people, dancing, having fun and enjoying themselves while entertaining others.

However, the Wal-Mart off Lem Turner Road in Jacksonville fell victim to a flash robbery when more than 300 people entered the store and destroyed the security system as well as some merchandise.

http://youtu.be/94INAruvOrA

i haven't even clicked on the video yet...but the visual is killing me!

I wonder if the 90-year-old guy at the door checked their receipts on the way out?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Ghetto Wal Marts around here don't have gun counters. I now know why.

Animals.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This shit is really getting out of control. You have to wonder why they seem to not really care about this, you never hear of the ring leaders of these things getting arrested.

It takes effort, planning, and coordination to assemble that many people for any purpose.  

Somehow our priorities in America are ass probing people from the TSA, spying  on individuals with the NSA, meanwhile we have open borders and damn near miniature armies raiding stores as they please.  Priorities are so out of fucking whack its insane.  In another thread people bitch about open carrying a rifle?  Hell, might as well start doing it if you're going to wally world.  Fuck.

i got my DBT plate carrier and one of my 1/4 inch steel plates today.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I hate to think about what would happen if a natural disaster or riots would occur.

It..........Would be pretty bad!
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This shit is really getting out of control. You have to wonder why they seem to not really care about this, you never hear of the ring leaders of these things getting arrested.

It takes effort, planning, and coordination to assemble that many people for any purpose.  

Somehow our priorities in America are ass probing people from the TSA, spying  on individuals with the NSA, meanwhile we have open borders and damn near miniature armies raiding stores as they please.  Priorities are so out of fucking whack its insane.  In another thread people bitch about open carrying a rifle?  Hell, might as well start doing it if you're going to wally world.  Fuck.

i got my DBT plate carrier and one of my 1/4 inch steel plates today.

Is that in case the WalMart mob makes it to the power tools aisle and tries to drill into your sternum?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#40]
yeah this city of full of turds

jacksonville is turning into cracksonville real fucking quick
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#41]
We are turning into Somalia.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

yeah this city of full of turds

jacksonville is turning into cracksonville real fucking quick

http://www.blacksonville.com/

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It would be real funny if Wal-Mart just pulled out of Jacksonville altogether.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My wife and I have very clear rules about where we will and will not go in Jax.

yeah me too it's called moncrief
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Das dat Du'val baby... yea-yeeeeeeeeeeee!

West SIDE!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be real funny if Wal-Mart just pulled out of Jacksonville altogether.

I wouldn't miss it, I'm a Target kind of guy

But if ever a peopleoftarget.com pops up, we'll need to bring Walmart back.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#47]
SERIOUSLY! The media has to say how dangerous throwing bread is? I mean if someone got hit with a watermelon it would be different but really News4, I am dissapoint
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Huh. Needs more wellness sticks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I honestly don't know how we ended up with an entire generation of feral children.. Welfare taking dads out of the picture didn't help, but where were their grandmothers and mothers? Why did the courts make it impossible to put them in prison? I mean, what the hell happened in the last 20 years?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top