BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's only 20+ k a month.  Who wants that.  Still have to work.

$260,000.00 per year is a lot of money for most people.  One could live quite well on that and have a lot left over to invest.

your math is faulty...

20+ k a month * 12 months per year = 240+ k per year.  It's there in the + part.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

$260,000.00 per year is a lot of money for most people.  One could live quite well on that and have a lot left over to invest.

Why would you need to invest it? I mean...it's for life. And now...for your child's life as well....

Inflation, future big expense (like college for kids). 5k/week now is a lot now.....30 years from now might only cover living expenses.

ETA-you may assume folks will continue to live at the same lifestyle prior to winning.....I usually find folks tend to raise their own "standard of living" to match their income.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, it seems they always pull up in front of nice homes with manicured lawns. I've never seen them knock of the door of a double wide or apartment. Just a random thought...
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd live fat and happy.

LOL at the massive expenses crowd surfacing again in this thread, intermixed with the math impaired.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

5K a week? Damn the UPS driver would hate me

I would have my own personal UPS driver.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could live very nicely for 20k+ a month. I would still work as i would get bored quick at home.

First thing I'd do is take about 3200 a week and invest it.

First thing I'd do is two bitches at the same time..

yes
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could live very nicely for 20k+ a month. I would still work as i would get bored quick at home.

yes

Well, in four years anyways.  Eight if we're taking out taxes.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you need to invest it? I mean...it's for life. And now...for your child's life as well....

I thought what you are thinking but then I realized that inflation's a bitch.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You couldn't live on OVER a quarter million a year??? (260K per year, before taxes.)

I sure as hell could!

Very, very nicely, I might add, too.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That means you weren't doing it right.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bestiality is legal in AZ?

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#12]
shit for that kind of scratch my hookers and blow problem would cease to be a "problem"
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

But if you only did one bitch at a time and invested the other, 20 years from now you could do 3 bitches at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your math is faulty...

20+ k a month * 12 months per year = 240+ k per year.  It's there in the + part.

5K * 52 weeks = $260,000.00
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
My bet is that its for data harvesting + selling advertising space
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Shit I'd be perfectly comfortable with 5k a month for the rest of my life.

Yup... 5k/mo is more than I make now and I'm not living bad...
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I get by on a 1/4 of that right now. I think I would do just fine.

I would quit work but give them two weeks.

Wouldn't even be close to "Fuck You" money but I could still have a good time with $5k/week.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd work at a gun store perhaps...some place where my employee discount would get used well.

Perhaps a job at Best Buy and the gun store.  Part time, 20 hours per week for each.

Or maybe I'd get into Real Estate.  I bet Real Estate is cool if you're not depending on it for income.  Every house sold is just gravy at that point, and the networking potential is pretty awesome as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:59:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wouldn't even be close to "Fuck You" money but I could still have a good time with $5k/week.

That's "fuck you" money. It really would be after a few years of investing even a small amount a week.
1k a week
52 weeks a year
1,040,000 in the bank at 20 years. That's not taking the tiny amount of interest. That's just a total. Factor in interest, or even investing, and you've got some serious money pretty fast.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your math is faulty...

?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#21]
probably always award to elderly, who's life expectancy is short.

remember when they had those commercials, back in the day?

always old people (not that I mind that they got some extra $$ in their final years....but shady business, that's for damn sure)
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's "fuck you" money. It really would be after a few years of investing even a small amount a week.

1k a week

52 weeks a year

1,040,000 in the bank at 20 years. That's not taking the tiny amount of interest. That's just a total. Factor in interest, or even investing, and you've got some serious money pretty fast.
See, we have different definitions of "Fuck You" money.

To me it starts at a net worth of $50 million+.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1k a week
52 weeks a year

"Fuck You" money is when you can tell everyone in your life "fuck you" and bail forever. As long as that 5k a week remains, you have it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Call this guy if 5K a week isn't enough for you.

http://www.jgwentworth.com/
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your math is faulty...

5K * 52 weeks = $260,000.00

Well duh, that was my point.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

dude, serious?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Only if you want to work to avoid being bored
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1k a week

52 weeks a year

"Fuck You" money is when you can tell everyone in your life "fuck you" and bail forever. As long as that 5k a week remains, you have it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You know, it seems they always pull up in front of nice homes with manicured lawns. I've never seen them knock of the door of a double wide or apartment. Just a random thought...

lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1k a week

52 weeks a year

Well shit, don't need 5k a week to do that. Take a look at my cousin -he's broke, says fuck you to everyone.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:41:00 AM EDT
[#32]
240k pre-tax is not huge money, but not exactly a stick in the eye either.  I would probably spend the majority of it in real estate.  First I would pay off my current house note, then would start building the replacement house (and sell the first).  Proceeds from sale of first would go to buying adjoining land...  That would knock out the first 5 years of payments at least. As the adjoining land would cost a little less than 1mill + improvements.
I deal a LOT with people who make twice that a year, and all of them are hurting for cash because of their mortgages and vacations.  Me, I would like a 200k house on my ranch, and maybe a fishing cottage on the coast.  That said, the ranch would be high fenced and planted...  Oh, and a nice little buss for staying elsewhere.

One guy I deal with got his "little buss"  Fucking 3/4 mill on that toy.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No kidding.

I never thought of that.

They need to pull up in some decrepit trailer park with half naked welfare urchins running around or some burnt-out urban environment for a change
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I would still work.
But my attitude would change from working because I have to ,to working because I want to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#35]
ahh the ar15.com millionaires come out, with there 12" penises, hot model wimenz, and body building physiques.  Give me a break, most people would shit there pants to be able to make 5k a week.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your math is faulty...

How's that?

He doesn't understand that there's 52 weeks in a year, not 4 weeks in a month.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1k a week
52 weeks a year

The Desert Inn in Las Vegas tried to kick out Howard Hughes after he overstayed his welcome in the 60's so he whipped out his checkbook and bought the damn place.  THAT is the definition of fuck you money.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1k a week

52 weeks a year

The Desert Inn in Las Vegas tried to kick out Howard Hughes after he overstayed his welcome in the 60's so he whipped out his checkbook and bought the fucking place.  THAT is the definition of fuck you money.  

Exactly.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1k a week

52 weeks a year

The Desert Inn in Las Vegas tried to kick out Howard Hughes after he overstayed his welcome in the 60's so he whipped out his checkbook and bought the damn place.  THAT is the definition of fuck you money.  

Like a boss.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#40]
You might not be able to party like Charlie Sheen, but for that amount of money you could party like Emilio Estevez.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#41]
The number of millionaires in GD is astounding.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I would take a lump sum if available and if not, I'd find the least sleazy of places that will buy the annuity from me.

If it was over $2mil after tax, I would then buy a nice house, a nice camp, a nice vacation property and have the remaining $1millionish invested in things that pay me dividends and live off of that.

If it was under that I would continue to develop businesses and acquire property, but I would not rely on PCH to send me a check every week

Speed

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I just want to win enough cash to be able to fuck Danielle Lam in a very uncomfortable place.

On top of a box should do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need money to do that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My bet is that its for data harvesting + selling advertising space

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Didn't Ed McMahon lose his mansion (he was their front man) to foreclosure right before he died?  It all seems suspect to me.

No, he wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Everyone is a millionaire here.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone is a millionaire here.  

I'd be a millionaire in Vietnam....I've got the equivalent of over 2,000,000 dong in my pocket right now!
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#49]
When I was a kid,  My mom used to get these things in the mail...the envelope always said we may have already won...I though we were RICH!!!  We never won
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Day trading!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top