Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2012 10:56:49 PM EDT
Which one looks better.

1. Top
2. Middle
3. Bottom
4. Other

Please state why! Don't ask any questions :D

Vehicle is dark blue, graphics are lo-pro reflective black (black normally, reflect white when hit with light), except the UC logo, which is reflective red/black, so it'd be red/black without light, but correct white/red WITH light hitting it. It will NOT have a lightbar.

Open to suggestions on something other than 'biohazard containment', but NOTHING that says 'zombie' , 'undead', , or anything like that... Nothing that's too long, so 'Biological Countermeasures Services' is OUT! Trying to keep it quasi-professional, but cannot have ANYTHING on it that would make it look too official so no 'emergency response' or  'response vehicle' or anything remotely close to that.

Yes, it's a company car. Yes, it's hiding in plain sight. Yes, it's about misdirection.

I'm leaning more towards the top one, with

on the rear quarter panel where the lettering would be in the middle one.

Let me know!

Here is the vehicle that's going to be getting its urban camouflage. It's a slicktop, it will NOT have a lightbar.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Will anyone be able to see that on a dark blue car?
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will anyone be able to see that on a dark blue car?

Yes.

It's black reflective. It's designed to be subdued, but visible when light hits it.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Two because it is less cluttered and utilizes the available space. (more professional look)
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Two because it is less cluttered and utilizes the available space. (more professional look)

Ditto: One is too cramped and three will look funky when doors are in various stages of open/shut.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, 2 is better.  If you want to add the warning thing, add it where it would be placed according to actual traffic regulations.

But these are for a white car.  For a blue car, all bets are off.  You'll have to do a new photoshop for evaluation.

You may also run into legal problems if you make the paint job look too much like a police car.  Or, if you say "Umbrella Corporation", but don't own the trademark, that could be another issue.  This actually matters if you intend to drive the thing.

And stuff like that only showing up in lights?  That's stupid.  Waste of money and a waste of imagination.  Be proud of it, or don't do it at all.  (How much to paint the whole car white?)
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it. Number 2.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
In befor poll

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
What the fuck?
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What the fuck?

My guess is he will use it for halloween/haunted house etc. type of shit.

Not as a daily.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll go against the grain with 3. More compact, brings the logo and function together, less clutter.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Número dos, señor
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck?

My guess is he will use it for halloween/haunted house etc. type of shit.

Not as a daily.

Company car, semi DD.

Long story short.

It's to show you can have something staring you right in the face, without knowing what it actually is.

You're not trying to hide it, you're intentionally making it something it's not.

Ignore the antennas, the lights, and the pushbar... Ignore the shotgun, the AR, and the stack of radios... It's just a really well done zombie hunting car

Think about an unmarked police car. Still sticks out like a sore thumb, right? Now, take that car and paint it yellow, and stick a taxi light on it.. Still has all the antennas, lights, radar, etc, but who's gonna slam on their brakes when they see a taxi 4 car lengths ahead?
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
This is getting stupid fast.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This is getting stupid fast.
Yep.  If I saw that shit on the street I would immediately think "fucking weirdo".  

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, the wheels themselves toned down the look significantly..

You should see what I had to start with... Ugh..

You try hiding 2 voice radios, a data radio, a scanner, and a GPS tracker, along with their associated antennas....... without yelling 'unmarked car'...... then let me know how well you do..

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]
#2 seems a clear winnar so far..

Final draft ( I think)

Too much?

(I just added the script below logo)
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#18]
It would help us understand this project if we knew the point.

What are all the radios and stuff for?
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would help us understand this project if we knew the point.

I told you the point. Urban camouflage

What are all the radios and stuff for?

Communicating,
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Be more specific.  Is this a car for a security company, or personal use, or what?  Give us a reason to believe you're not a police wannabe.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Be more specific.  Is this a car for a security company, or personal use, or what?  Give us a reason to believe you're not a police wannabe.

LMAO. Seriously?!

I'm making a car look like a company car, for a company that doesn't exist, based on a movie about zombies........and the first thing you throw out there is 'wannabe'?

Please explain to me, how the hell you get 'wannabe' from making a car look like it's owned by a (movie based) private company, and clearly marked as such.

Hell, I'd even give you a pass if I was doing an OCP car,  But Umbrella Corporation? Hah!

I intentionally removed the steel wheels and center caps, and went with aluminum wheels, to lower the profile.

I'm intentionally marking it up in urban camouflage, to make sure it's NOT seen as a police car.....

But again, you say 'wannabe'.... Hmmm.... Label much?
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Because the markings resemble those of a police vehicle, as you yourself observe with your example pic.

And the vehicle is a common model for police departments.

And you raise the notion of adding a light bar to it.

And you talk about the importance of having multiple radios and a scanner and other items in it.

And you refer to it vaguely as a company car, as if you're associated with something you seem not to be.

It all sounds bullshit, like you want to show it off to a chick and pretend that you're a cop.  Give us a reason to think otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Because the markings resemble those of a police vehicle, as you yourself observe with your example pic.

And the vehicle is a common model for police departments.

And you raise the notion of adding a light bar to it.

And you talk about the importance of having multiple radios and a scanner and other items in it.

And you refer to it vaguely as a company car, as if you're associated with something you seem not to be.

It all sounds bullshit, like you want to show it off to a chick and pretend that you're a cop.  Give us a reason to think otherwise.

1. So do tow trucks, and ambulances... What's your point?
2. So are Tauruses, Mustangs, and stratuses.. What's your point? (I should know, I've worked on quite a few)
3. I've said, in no uncertain terms, a few times, that NO LIGHTBAR is going on it, in the first post I was it was slicktop. Can you read?
4. Yup.
5. It's a company car, owned by the company. I'm not here to sell you stuff, I'd rather I not just blare out WHICH company, or what it does (although i've dropped enough hints, sorry you're not getting them)
6. Again, why would I be playing wannabe cop, by intentionally making it NOT a cop car? That's like accusing me of wanting to be a gypsy cab by buying an old cab, then taking off the taxi light and painting it white to get rid of the taxi yellow..

let's evaluate.

1. Company owned car (NOT security)
2. Needs communications equipment/gear
3. Wants to NOT look like a police car, so replace the steel wheels with alloys, and mark up as company car
4. States multiple times that it's urban camouflage, to completely redirect peoples attentions, to make sure it's not identified as a police vehicle.

I'm still trying to figure out (and laughing) how you get 'wannabe' from making a car look like anything BUT a police car.. L O L

Maybe this is all just going over your head.. I dunno...

Thank you for your input though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Are you the jparks29 that wanted to run over guys on motorcycles a few years ago?
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are you the jparks29 that wanted to run over guys on motorcycles a few years ago?

I never wanted to run over guys on motorcycles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You picked an infamous username from quite a few motorcycle boards.  Huge threads on sportbikes.net and a lot of other ones a few years back about a guy named jparks29 that made a comment about running over motorcycles and then kept going and wouldn't shut up.  He was on some crown vic forum when he said it.  He also had a company that did installs for police lights and other electronics so he put all sort of shit in his wannabe police car.  Lots of coincidences, so ya, you may want to google jparks29 and motorcycle.

In other things, I like picture 2
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You picked an infamous username from quite a few motorcycle boards.  Huge threads on sportbikes.net and a lot of other ones a few years back about a guy named jparks29 that made a comment about running over motorcycles and then kept going and wouldn't shut up.  He was on some crown vic forum when he said it.  He also had a company that did installs for police lights and other electronics so he put all sort of shit in his wannabe police car.  Lots of coincidences, so ya, you may want to google jparks29 and motorcycle.

Maybe bakelite is wrong but if he ain't, BOOM Headshot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Think about an unmarked police car. Still sticks out like a sore thumb, right? Now, take that car and paint it yellow, and stick a taxi light on it.. Still has all the antennas, lights, radar, etc, but who's gonna slam on their brakes when they see a taxi 4 car lengths ahead?

Ok, so paint the motherfucker like a taxi.  You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:20:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I like the middle, using that huge area on the rear quarter panel.  Also, Biological Vector Control Unit might work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe bakelite is wrong but if he ain't, BOOM Headshot.

I am not saying its the same guy, but it is a hell of a coincidence.  Here is an 83 page thread on sportbikes.net about the motorcycle jparks29.  He makes 38 posts in the thread talking shit.  Lots of photshops and other fun stuff in it.

83 pages of fun

You really did pick kind of a crappy name though dude.  You should always google an internet name before you use it, just in case.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said I wasn't him..... Just said it wasn't true... A lot of crap got thrown around by a guy who didn't like me... Plain and simple. You will never hear about the proof that I posted. Because in every thread, on every forum, it magically got deleted...... But it's all good...If you look at some threads on officer.com, you'll see that it was a bunch of crap, there was even a thread (6 yrs ago, holy crap I'm old), that I posted all the proof and whole shebang, and they understood it for what it was, BS started by a guy who didn't like me. It was a witch hunt, didn't matter what I said, they wanted someone to yell at. Anyway, if you wanna PM me, i can tell you all the details, but it's not for this thread.

There's a reason why I'm intentionally making it look like NOT a police car.... to avoid any issues or accusations of 'playing cop', which is why I find it funny that I'm going out of my way to make sure it looks nothing like an in service unit, and accusations are already starting to fly.. heh.. Some people just have blinders on, and when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

BTW....

There are other ways I have of making sure the vehicle is not misidentified, I just wanted to go WAY overboard with this one... Putting my company name on it would just be too easy.... and so unoriginal.. I wanted to have this be way out in left field, as far from 'police' as possible.. and what better way, than with zombies?

My last two cars (not counting the F150, the Grand Marquis, and a few others)... And of course, not my current plates... But you'll see what I mean...and yes, I know the flag was on backwards

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Stick a fork in him.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#33]
So in on one... Someone's cleverness has been undone by the power of google...
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Biological Vector Control Unit might work.

LOL, that's a little too far out in left field, I don't know what that is,, That like a zombie version of FAC?

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

? My user name is the same on almost every forum. I was never hiding from anyone. Recognize it for what it was, a guy pissed off at me that wanted to start $&*%.

These guys apologized

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said I wasn't him..... Just said it wasn't true... A lot of crap got thrown around by a guy who didn't like me... Plain and simple. You will never hear about the proof that I posted. Because in every thread, on every forum, it magically got deleted...... But it's all good...If you look at some threads on officer.com, you'll see that it was a bunch of crap, there was even a thread (6 yrs ago, holy crap I'm old), that I posted all the proof and whole shebang, and they understood it for what it was, BS started by a guy who didn't like me. It was a witch hunt, didn't matter what I said, they wanted someone to yell at. Anyway, if you wanna PM me, i can tell you all the details, but it's not for this thread.

There's a reason why I'm intentionally making it look like NOT a police car.... to avoid any issues or accusations of 'playing cop', which is why I find it funny that I'm going out of my way to make sure it looks nothing like an in service unit, and accusations are already starting to fly.. heh.. Some people just have blinders on, and when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

BTW....

There are other ways I have of making sure the vehicle is not misidentified, I just wanted to go WAY overboard with this one... Putting my company name on it would just be too easy.... and so unoriginal.. I wanted to have this be way out in left field, as far from 'police' as possible.. and what better way, than with zombies?

My last two cars (not counting the F150, the Grand Marquis, and a few others)... And of course, not my current plates... But you'll see what I mean...and yes, I know the flag was on backwards

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/technoweenie/i2yh52i3y6gi2y3g6/Private/DSCI0008.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/technoweenie/i2yh52i3y6gi2y3g6/Private/demo.jpg

So you are the guy that said you like to cut in front of bikes on the interstate and make them wreck.  I see you are still playing cop.  Didn't the news interview you about that and even put it on air?  Ahhhh, memories.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:45:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Nobody likes a wannabe.  WB->NL.

You're a wannabe.  WB.

Thus, nobody likes you.  NL.

QED.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I talked to that wannabe cop in 2006 and he talked shit to me when I called him out about making motorcyclist wreck.  I don't forget people that wish me harm.  So did you ever get a drivers license jparks29?  Have you dropped any weight from 350lbs yet?  It may be more believable when you try to make people think you were a cop if you didn't weigh a fucking metric ton.

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:01:55 AM EDT
[#39]
...and let the ignorance begin...

Let's see, we got one guy who's saying that because it's a police car, you're playing wannabe,despite making it look LESS like a police car, and making sure it looks like something completely different and unrelated.

Then you got another guy that swears he talked to me 6 years ago, about something someone said, from a different forum, on ANOTHER forum, because he was pissed off... Replete with inaccurate, incomplete, and outright libelous statements...

Way to derail my thread... Thanks...

I would expect nothing less from GD though...

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Then you got another guy that swears he talked to me 6 years ago, about something someone said, from a different forum, on ANOTHER forum, because he was pissed off... Replete with inaccurate, incomplete, and outright libelous statements...

I can post all your quotes that you typed on those other forums.  He was pissed off because you said you wreck people on bikes.  It was on a lot more than another forum, it was on basically every motorcycle forum at the time.  As for the libelous statements, SUE ME, I seem to recall you threatening that last time to a lot of us.  I also remember that you were getting a bunch of us served?  Hmmmm ,whatever happened to that?    Here is one of the threads, in case you forgot.  http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/304763-guy-admits-wrecking-motorcycles-purpose.html

P.S.  I can give a fuck if I derailed your thread.

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can post all your quotes that you typed on those other forums.  He was pissed off because you said you wreck people on bikes.  It was on a lot more than another forum, it was on basically every motorcycle forum at the time.  As for the libelous statements, SUE ME, I seem to recall you threatening that last time to a lot of us.  I also remember that you were getting a bunch of us served?  Hmmmm ,whatever happened to that?    Here is one of the threads, in case you forgot.  http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/304763-guy-admits-wrecking-motorcycles-purpose.html

Did it ever occur to you, WHY I'm so confident about these things? Maybe it's because I have truth and fact on my side?  

But, of course, when you're stirring crap up, who cares about truth and fact?

How about this. Stop crapping on my thread.

P.S., I'd stop posting links to people's information (it wasn't mine, if you didn't notice)... and I'd stop trying to intentionally derail my thread..

5) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like). This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc.
6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

You can think whatever you want, but once you start spreading lies that you hear as truths, there's going to be an issue.

As I said, if you have a problem with me, take it to PM.

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so paint the motherfucker like a taxi.  You answered your own question.

i was actually thinking about it, but I could not live with a yellow car. Not to mention the hassles with drunk people trying to get in, then the whole licensing issue with accusations of running a gypsy cab, etc etc.. It made sense at first thought, but once you started looking at it in detail, it fell apart.

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread is gay/awesome.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Fagtastic?

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:30:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fagtastic?

Fagulous.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it ever occur to you, WHY I'm so confident about these things? Maybe it's because I have truth and fact on my side?  

But, of course, when you're stirring crap up, who cares about truth and fact?

How about this. Stop crapping on my thread.

P.S., I'd stop posting links to people's information (it wasn't mine, if you didn't notice)... and I'd stop trying to intentionally derail my thread..

5) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like). This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc.
6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

You can think whatever you want, but once you start spreading lies that you hear as truths, there's going to be an issue.

As I said, if you have a problem with me, take it to PM.

I posted a link to a thread on another forum.  I posted no personal contact information.  People can read what they want and decide who the liar is.  What the fuck issue is there going to be?  You weigh 350lbs and are a wannabe cop.  I have no worries.  

Way to man up and post the COC.  If I get banned for this then I guess it happens, you're still a bitch.

Have a nice day officer

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#48]
You want to paint an old police car to a theme of a movie ?

How old are you and do you like to pretend you are a cop often ?
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Vector in epidemiological terms, which is what I think is what you're going for, is the point of origin for disease transmittal. Coincidentally, vector is Latin for carrier.

ETA: Control the vector, control the disease.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top