Author
I've got a problem for your solution
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:42:51 PM
Maybe Amazon Prime has just spoiled me, but Newegg's ordering/processing/shipping just sucks in comparison. I ordered a new hard drive Wednesday morning. They processed my card a few hours later. They sent out a tracking number Friday morning. It just now shipped out tonight.

Guess they really want you to pay that $3.99 rush processing fee.
"I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism." - K. Powers
LoganSackett
If you can read this, you aren't illiterate
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:43:51 PM
I like Microcenter better.
"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"Strive for perfection and you will easily surpass excellence"----dad

".............."---Harpo Marx
azych
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:44:17 PM
It may be because I'm only about 3 hours from them, but I always get my orders the very next day.
fla556guy
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:45:15 PM
I've never had a problem with new egg, they are my first stop for electronics
Waveform
You're too fat, boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:47:39 PM
Ebay for me. 4% back with cc and ebay points rewards.
Take me out into the black, Tell 'em I ain't coming back.
Gods_Hammer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:49:23 PM
Must just be you OP as the 2 orders I recently placed with NewEgg got to me in record time. One of them arrived 2 days after I placed the order and the other came in 3 days exactly like they said it would. Oh yeah –– free shipping on both those orders. NewEgg for the win. As for Amazon, well, they suck a bag of dicks, prime or not.
We live in a culture of oppressive and labyrinthine mendacity.
andrasik
Sunday morning metal head
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:50:31 PM
Originally Posted By Gods_Hammer:
Must just be you OP as the 2 orders I recently placed with NewEgg got to me in record time. One of them arrived 2 days after I placed the order and the other came in 3 days exactly like they said it would. Oh yeah –– free shipping on both those orders. NewEgg for the win. As for Amazon, well, they suck a bag of dicks, prime or not.

How much do you make per year as the captain of the SS Failboat?
"Obliteration never looked so divine."
Award: 24/365 Offical Stamp Collecting Expert
Award: 24/365 Most Clueless Award
JINXR
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:52:12 PM
Originally Posted By azych:
It may be because I'm only about 3 hours from them, but I always get my orders the very next day.

I used to, because almost everything ships from Memphis. And I'll probably get it tomorrow even though it shipped tonight, but 1 week to get it out the door is ridiculous.

"I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism." - K. Powers
JINXR
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:52:39 PM
Originally Posted By andrasik:

Gods_Hammer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:01:49 AM

Aw, someone is an Amazon fanboy, how cute (and sad). Guess you're still smarting over the fact that you routinely pay shipping fees for the knick knacks and diet books you order via Amazon. Guess that makes you the Admiral of the Failboat armada.
We live in a culture of oppressive and labyrinthine mendacity.
WhyTanFox
My mom says I'm a catch
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:08:10 AM
Originally Posted By LoganSackett:

Yes, especially since they have a storefront not terribly far away. Individual price differences between NewEgg and Microcenter are a wash, but I can spend a half hour and get my stuff the same day or pay for shipping & handling and wait a week.
Sawblade02
What in the hell?
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:08:40 AM
Cry me a river. I ordered a 7970 when it first came out, and it took a month to get here.
slappomatt
Elevator constructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:09:20 AM
I used to live and breath newegg. They jumped the shark when they stopped shipping fedex air saver.
callmenoshie: "saying that females have the potential to be "bat shit crazy" is like saying the sky has the potential to be blue."
SoonerBorn
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:20:01 AM
I don't necessarily order a lot from them, but I've been happy every time I have. I'm not a fan of the rush shipping charge though, feels too much like a forced tip.
"Come out from among them."
LoganSackett
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:21:08 AM

Originally Posted By WhyTanFox:

Yes, especially since they have a storefront not terribly far away. Individual price differences between NewEgg and Microcenter are a wash, but I can spend a half hour and get my stuff the same day or pay for shipping & handling and wait a week.

Their store in Paterson has damn near everything.
"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

gomulego
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:23:00 AM
Shut your whore mouth. Newegg always ships on time to me. A Microcenter superstore is just down the road though and they spank Newegg all day long on in store only processors. I think that is their MO and that is cool with me.
JINXR
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:07:30 PM
Woohoo!! It finally got delivered, 8 days later. Never ever ever ever use Egg Saver Shipping.
CWO
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:09:43 PM
I have purchased from NewEgg twice in the past month. Perfect shipping and processing.

Maybe your drive wasn't in stock.
"The only failure of Liberty is that it does not automatically bestow honor, good character, self-discipline and personal responsibility upon its owner."
speeddemon11L
The Double Deuce!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:11:37 PM
Originally Posted By JINXR:
Woohoo!! It finally got delivered, 8 days later. Never ever ever ever use Egg Saver Shipping.

So you pay a rush fee, but then you use the absolute cheapest delivery method....WTF did you think was going to happen?!?
JINXR
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:12:18 PM
Originally Posted By CWO:
I have purchased from NewEgg twice in the past month. Perfect shipping and processing.

No it was in stock. The headphones I ordered with it weren't though, so they refunded that pretty quick. I think the problem was I used the Free Egg Saver Shipping. I did some Googling and the general consensus is that it sucks donkey balls. It went from UPS to the USPS or something like that.

Spade
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:15:56 PM
I've used NewEgg twice in the past and both times my credit card info got stolen. This was a few years apart too.
klinc
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:17:58 PM
Never had shipping issues with them. Usually order stuff by wednesday and will get it Friday. Unless it comes from the California warehouse.
snakes19
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:18:03 PM
never had a problem with newegg, buy from them a few times a year
Tier1Terrier
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:19:40 PM
I'm a fan of NewEgg. I've bought from them quite a few times and the service has always been great. Never an issue.
ToyCop
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:19:48 PM

Thenthing I dislike about Amazon is the order may be filled by 4 different companies and it's a pain in the ass when something goes wrong. I've spent thousands with NewEgg over the years and have had one faulty mobo where they did an advance RMA and took care of me. I still shop Amazon, but prefer NewEgg when it's available.
Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
hellbound
I'll slay anything that's evil, that's my deal!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:20:08 PM
Originally Posted By JINXR:
Originally Posted By CWO:

No it was in stock. The headphones I ordered with it weren't though, so they refunded that pretty quick. I think the problem was I used the Free Egg Saver Shipping. I did some Googling and the general consensus is that it sucks donkey balls. It went from UPS to the USPS or something like that.

ugh... that's UPS' version of FedEx smart post...

they both fucking blow and take longer than if they had just shipped USPS priority mail... I had something from REI take a week to get to PA from WV using that nonsense.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
hellbound
I'll slay anything that's evil, that's my deal!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:21:12 PM
Originally Posted By ToyCop:

Thenthing I dislike about Amazon is the order may be filled by 4 different companies and it's a pain in the ass when something goes wrong. I've spent thousands with NewEgg over the years and have had one faulty mobo where they did an advance RMA and took care of me. I still shop Amazon, but prefer NewEgg when it's available.

then you're not paying attention... I never order from vendors other than Amazon themselves or "fulfilled by amazon".
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
stangboy555
Keeping the Faith
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:23:05 PM
I use Amazon and NewEgg all the time.. I like them both, you just have to keep an eye out for who you're actually buying from. NewEgg themselves are good, so is Amazon Prime.. but sometimes they'll have 3rd party vendors and shippers in there who suck. Just have to keep an eye out.
Wombat_SCSO
silly bunt
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:28:42 PM
Order placed with newegg today at 1456HRS local. Shipping notifications with tracking numbers received - two different departure locations for parts of the order - at 1757HRS and 1815HRS.

TERRIBLE service, they ought to be ashamed!
Sugar-enriched flour, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polysorbate 60, and Yellow Dye #5: Everything a growing boy needs.
Love and darkness and my sidearm
كافر
Aloxite
Group W Bench
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:33:48 PM
Did you order it from Newegg or one of their 'affiliated' vendors?

I always get my stuff three business days after I order it.
They call us "civilized" because we're easy to sneak up on.

One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.
absael
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:36:38 PM
They took 6 days to ship? Yeah, that's not great, although if you do the free shipping thing on Amazon (not prime) it can sometimes take about that long.
Jan Brewer for President
Subnet
Round on the ends and high in the middle.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:49:07 PM

I don't know that I like them better, but it's often "close enough" if you happen to live near one, like I do.
Originally Posted By SlipShot762:
...Sub drank me under the table, unbelievable! I remember thinking vaguely, "This pair of Subnet fuckers is cheating, pulling out the magical monkey juice for a last minute win!"
Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:49:32 PM

Man, no shit.
...Sub drank me under the table, unbelievable! I remember thinking vaguely, "This pair of Subnet fuckers is cheating, pulling out the magical monkey juice for a last minute win!"
Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:50:52 PM
Originally Posted By gomulego:
Shut your whore mouth. Newegg always ships on time to me. A Microcenter superstore is just down the road though and they spank Newegg all day long on in store only processors. I think that is their MO and that is cool with me.

Yep. That's where I bought my Intel i7 930. It was $200, and that was like...two years ago?
andrasik
Sunday morning metal head
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:51:56 PM
Originally Posted By Subnet:

Yep. That's where I bought my Intel i7 930. It was $200, and that was like...two years ago?

Yep, me too.

Newegg couldn't touch that price when I built this rig.
"Obliteration never looked so divine."
Award: 24/365 Offical Stamp Collecting Expert
Award: 24/365 Most Clueless Award
Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:53:09 PM

Yep, me too.

Newegg couldn't touch that price when I built this rig.

They occasionally have some pretty smoking deals/sales on Apple products too, if you're into that sort of thing.
Slavac
B4K4 and Space Nut
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:55:35 PM
I've spent about $50k through them in the past year (work) and I've nothing to complain about save for their steady price increases on popular items.
Humanity has two options: colonize space or wither away into the ether.
Surf
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:56:16 PM
Try returning something to them. Good luck.
SCHADENFREUDE - Hearing of the misfortune of an Obama voter related how any aspect of their life sucks because of Obama.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
LoganSackett
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 8:11:44 PM

I don't know that I like them better, but it's often "close enough" if you happen to live near one, like I do.

Their in-store only deals are awesome.

GlutealCleft
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 8:20:40 PM
[Last Edit: 7/12/2012 8:22:55 PM by GlutealCleft]
Dunno, but I've spent well over $20,000 with Newegg this month. Never had anything like what you describe.

The only time I've had anything BUT speedy shipping was when I ordered stuff through them that was fulfilled by another vendor, their answer to Amazon's "marketplace". But stuff fulfilled by Newegg, still goes out speedy and fast.
GlutealCleft
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2012 8:21:33 PM
[Last Edit: 7/12/2012 8:23:58 PM by GlutealCleft]
Originally Posted By Surf:
Try returning something to them. Good luck.

Never had a problem.

Occasionally, they've wanted to charge me a restock fee when they shouldn't, but chatting with a representative got that waived.

And I've bought a lot of stuff from Newegg. I spend at least $100k there every year. When you spend a lot there, they give you your own, dedicated point of contact. But... I've never used mine. Because I've never needed to. That says something.