BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I drink out of a well, so pouring gas down a hole seems rather bone headed. At least have the decency to light it.

Just put a large glass bowl over the hole. They can't figure it out so they won't dig out a new hole. It will just fill up with more and more writhing dying bastards until they are all starved out. Takes a month or more.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fire, lots n lots of fire

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are we talking Yellow Jackets or Ground Hornets?

I get an invasion of big Red Wasps every summer that crawl under the trim boards under the eaves of this lake cabin and build clubhouses.  I was outside minding my own business when one stung me on the elbow.  I went and got 2-3 cans of wasp spray that shoots a 15' long blast and foamed the entry hole.  I couldn't help but make sound effects like the nips pouring out of spider holes on Iwo Jima eveyrtime one crawled out covered with foam and hit the ground. "Aaaah..."

1) These were yellow jackets.

2) I get red wasps every summer at my house too.  My personal best was 8 dead in about 12 minutes the day before yesterday.  I got stung by one of them about 4 years ago and went straight to Ace Hardware and bought six (6) cans of Wasp & Hornet spray.  I spent the next 1/2 hour thinking about how I could make a can holster out of a plastic window-mount cupholder.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I got stung the other day while cutting the grass. Fuckin red wasp had a nest under the mailbox. I had fun shooting them with wasp spray.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Moments ago the little bastards ate me up while I was mowing...took two Benedryls and put burn gel on all the places. I have their address. Soon will cancel their Birth Certificates with gas diesel burnt motor oil combo!!! It's on now!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]

You, sir, have my utmost respect.  

That looks MUCH more fun than gasoline alone.  Would love to hear the details.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I drink out of a well, so pouring gas down a hole seems rather bone headed. At least have the decency to light it.

Our wells are 600'-1,000' deep in this city.  
Also, it was my friend's backyard, not mine, so his rules.  I was all for lighting it, but his HOA would probably bitch about it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Moments ago the little bastards ate me up while I was mowing...took two Benedryls and put burn gel on all the places. I have their address. Soon will cancel their Birth Certificates with gas diesel burnt motor oil combo!!! It's on now!!!

It's time to declare war on these vermin.  Brothers, unite!!  Time for some yellow jacket genocide!!  Get 'em!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]

I actually remembered reading that thread several years ago and seeing those pictures.  I tried googling for it before I started this thread and must have overlooked it.  That is the kind of VENGEANCE I was hoping to emulate.  

Good call.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

wait till night and load their hole up with wasp spray burn their nest with large amounts of flammable liquid.  

Fixt.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our wells are 600'-1,000' deep in this city.  
Also, it was my friend's backyard, not mine, so his rules.  I was all for lighting it, but his HOA would probably bitch about it.

Don't skip the part where I told you the most torturous way to kill the enemies. It works, I have done it, and it is almost painful to watch.

Peanut butter works best on the stings.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was awesome

That guy was a idiot. Those were honey bees and keepers will buy swarms like that.  

Good point , I forgot those were honey bees . . . . I generally dont bother them at all , and cant remember ever being stung by one .

Gotta admit though , it was funny as hell

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#14]
pour some smokeless powder down the hole then light it and run like hell!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]
The most fun way to go after wasps has to be with airsoft guns. It is amazing fun trying to shoot the little fuckers off the house and trees.  You get one good shot before they start coming out looking for you, then you have to track them,  pick them out of the sky, and avoid their counter offensive.    I recommend have a partner and using pistols with a low round count to keep thing more even.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
This doesn't have fire or.explosions but it can be an interesting way to spend the afternoon:

Get a bucket of soapy water

Get a piece of rope/twine

Get a salmon carcass (BBQ the fillets)

Take ingredients to tree near nest.

Tie fish carcass to branch

Place bucket under fish

The wasps/hornets will come out and stuff themselves on the fish.

They will eat so much they can't fly. They will drop into soapy water.

Soap attaches to their wings, so they can't fly and will drown.

Knock empty nest down and place on BBQ flame before you cook the salmon on grill.

Thank me later!
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I've done that..........  it is oddly satisfying.

Paper wasp nests about 10" around are fun to blast to bits with a paintball gun also.

ETA, oops, i forgot to quote the shop vac trick posted earlier.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Give them a little touch up!

JUST A LITTLE TOUCH UP!
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]
This was saturday morning.  Son was stung at least 3 times.  Retaliate with FIRE.  

I sure love my propane torch
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Get yourself a honey badger.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I got stung a half dozen times whilst weed wacking around an old wooden sandbox the kids don't use anymore. I took a plastic 16 oz soda bottle and poured in a half cup of mixed gas, followed by a generous amount of dish detergent and plugged the top with a rag, to which I set fire. I placed it as close to the nest as I could (prolly a foot or so) then backed up and watched. The resulting fire burned about 10 minuted until I hosed it down.

Gas is always the answer
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top