Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 8:28:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought some Spanish ss109.  Took them over twenty days to clear my check.  But the rounds did arrive with free shipping.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
if you go, make sure one of the young guys helps you. they are more helpful & will run in an out of the storage room to find you an excellent shape rifle. if you have extra cash bring some. they are always getting in new ammo & you can find some oddball/different/cheap & hard to find ammo there.

the only warning is they like to raise the price of firearms by about $15 to $20 above thier SGN ads.something about cost of running a store & paper work yada yada yada.

good luck/happy hunting
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the last few times i was in there, they had these huge war chests loaded with (niw)fal mags.so you should be like a kid in a candy store there.

yet another warning: hold your nose when you put up to the store. they are located right next to a garbage transfer station. and man can that shit stink.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've purchased ammo from them twice. No problem, maybe a little slow on the shipping. I just ordered 2 Yugo M48's and some 8mm ammo. Should be here next week.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
In the add,... do they mention a web page.  If they do I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]www.gunsnammo.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]
thank you NYshooter
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Be careful- I ordered some Israeli surplus .308 from them that had a tendency to blow up.  They gave me a bunch of crap about it, took a lot of arguing to get my money back, and they were still selling it long after my complaint.  Caveat emptor with these guys.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Hiram, what receivers are the L1A1 kits built on? Also, a true L1A1 is an inch gun, which will accept both inch and metric mags. My old Century L1A1 would use either mag, no problem, which was nice as metric mags are much cheaper and more plentiful. Some of the Imbel receivers these guns have been built on can swing either way. It might be worth your while to check out fnfal.com to see if any reviews on the new L1A1 kit guns have surfaced. Have fun!
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, if you can hand pick your gun and make sure that everything obvious functions as intended, it is probably worth the extra cash. L1A1s had their bolt hold open demilled, but who knows on these kit guns. This is a feature you will want, so ask them. If it is demilled, DSA carries the part.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SP, we were looking at one in a local gun shop last night and the bolt did indeed hold open on that one.  The kicker was the dealer was asking $699 and was acting like he was doing us a favor by going down to $660 :rolleyes:.

So, even with the inflated price it will be $520 including tax - $140 less.  Who knows, they may even have some with new barrels for a little more as opposed to surplus.

Like I said, we're heading down to take a looksey...
View Quote

if you do go and want something,make them take the time to help you. the secret is they have a warehouse setup behide the store front with many things laying around that you don't see in the store it's self. look around & ask for lots of help or they'll think you're there to sight see. before you call call & try to get the best price & name of person on the phone,when you go just tell them so&so told me i could pick this up here for this price[:D] it worked for me on my sar2. sgn $249 in store $289 in my hands $269
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought 4k rounds of the ss109 from them... I walked into the store and was willing to pay a little more than the $319/2k rounds shipped as advertised in SGN... The SOB wanted $400 plus tax and wouldn't budge!  I offered $400 cash, no tax... nope, no sale.  So, I went home, picked up the phone, and had them ship it to me in FL for $319 plus $4 for insurance!  Not too bright!

I also ordered some of those NIW FAL mags and got used beat up shlt instead...  Called to complain, the girl told me to ship them back for an exchange but I was too lazy so I just stuck them in the closet...
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought a m39 from them, the one in 100% condition.

On the positive side, the gun is nice and shoots real well.  It is definitely worth the 200 and then some.

On the downside, they waited 4 days to ship it to me, but flat out lied to me when I asked when they shipped it.  Insisted it was on the 1st when UPS said they got it on the 5th.  I believe UPS over them any day.  The next thing was that my ffl required a copy of their ffl.  Well I basically got bitched at for calling them at 10:00am on a saturday their time and asking them to send the ffl.  Granted this was after I caught them going out the door on friday.  But damn, I was trying to get some additional info to them, but they just were snotty as hell to me on the phone because I called them at the early hour of 10:00am.  How dare I!  Last but not least, the add does not say all original for the m39, and I was pretty sure it had to be a rework and it is.  On the barrel is a stamp from interordenance.  The kicker is that I would have to pay $10.00 for the sling that they got for free from interordenance and it wasn't like I was getting a break on the price either.  

All in all, I was not to happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Darin, it seams they wait until they have enough orders together before they send shipments.which pisses people off
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I have gone into the store many times. Never did mail order with them. It is a funny place. I don't make any extra conversation. I go in buy what I want and leave. They have alot of good stuff and alot of S it. Don't expect great customer service. Me, I would never drive 4 plus hours to buy something from them. If you have nothing to do then do it. I would look for it up near you. They will not and I repeat not run back and forth in and out many times to pick you out the best rifle. Once maybe twice if you are lucky three times but that is pushing it. It is a good sourch for surplus stuff and they have alot. I go in and out and not to many questiions. They do have stripped AR receivers. I also saw some M1 Garand receivers there but they looked beat up. I think winchester was 495 and springfield was 395. Have fun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]
There attituds SUCK!!! They stroke ya on all prices when you go to the store. I kinda wouldn't mind a smile after spending a little over $400 on ammo. They have a lot of goodies,but for what the price diff is I think i'll mail order from now on!
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]
NYShooter, yeah it definitely ticked me off.  I would not have been mad, if they had just told me the truth and what they were up to.  I understand people have to make a dollar, but trying to b.s. me just doesn't work.  Oh well, live and learn right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top