Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:29:01 PM EDT
Dick Morris video brief - http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/05/dick-morris-us-will-sign-gun-control-treaty-on-july-27-2012/#axzz1zoiyTkDC

dupe police, chill out... not everyone knows.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
From my dead cold hands
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What does this do exactly?

It certainly does not over-ride the US Constitution, so why sign the SOB?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]
When I first saw that halfrican, I knew he was a chickenshit.  He has only confirmed this his 3 years in office.  My own grandmother accused me of racism because I was against him from the get-go.  This from a woman who would vote Democrat even if and AFTER they decided to grind up anyone over the age of 65 and turn them into fertilizer, her included.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

According to several sources, the link above included, it would have equal weight at least.  It would be as another amendment.  Watch the vid and listen to the part toward the end.  I haven't heard many lies or mis-statements of facts form Dick lately.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
When Romney banned guns, some here say he did it to trick those dems and that he really loves guns.

Will the same be true of maobama?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
As president is selling out the US and constitution immediate grounds for impeachment?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck the UN and that BS treaty
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll treat that document with the same respect that obama shows the U.S. Constitution.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The way he explains it, if he signs this treaty, only another president can unsign it, and that won't be able to happen without Senate approval?  

From the way it sounds to me, by signing this, he could very well take away the 2nd Amendment by natural progression in a decade.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Him and Hillary can sign whatever the fuck they want, doesn't mean shit unless congress passes it with 2/3rds majority.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Him and Hillary can sign whatever the fuck they want, doesn't mean shit unless congress passes it with 2/3rds majority.

The way it's supposed to work and the way it's been working lately are two different things.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait, I thought treaties had to be ratified by a super majority of the senate before they can go into effect.

Edited to add:  Beaten dammit!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]
It would be my honor to die in a hail of bullets coming at me after I put a few holes through some faggy-ass powder blue pussy helmets.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As president is selling out the US and constitution immediate grounds for impeachment?

Well... since Wilson, many presidents ran on a platform of "the constitution is in the way" instead of how they intended to protect and enforce it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The way he explains it, if he signs this treaty, only another president can unsign it, and that won't be able to happen without Senate approval?  

From the way it sounds to me, by signing this, he could very well take away the 2nd Amendment by natural progression in a decade.

Paging Nolo.....Paging Nolo......Nolo to the 2A thread.....
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I certainly hope, in good faith, that he is advertising this from the bus in Ohio. Speak loud Mr. Soetoro... but, not with a forked tongue.

Btw, can I get Soetoro added to the 'spell check' exclusion? It is, incidentally, the only thing legitimate about the man-child.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Treaties are ratified by the Senate not Obama; he hasn't been elected Emperor yet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dick Morris video brief - http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/05/dick-morris-us-will-sign-gun-control-treaty-on-july-27-2012/#axzz1zoiyTkDC

Try to enforce it.  Dikweed.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#19]
If it starts to look like he's clearly going to lose in November you can expect a lot of last minute wrenches thrown in the works.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It would be my honor to die in a hail of bullets coming at me after I put a few holes through some faggy-ass powder blue pussy helmets.

Its my understanding that participating countries would have to draft their own legislation to bring themselves inline with the treaty. Thus, you would have to be shooting at your local SO, PD, etc. Not that any American cop would enforce unconstitutional gun laws...

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its my understanding that participating countries would have to draft their own legislation to bring themselves inline with the treaty. Thus, you would have to be shooting at your local SO, PD, etc. Not that any American cop would enforce unconstitutional gun laws...  

And?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not that any American cop would enforce unconstitutional gun laws...  

Let's hope not.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very nice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very nice.

Never said I was nice.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#26]
2nd Amendment is not going away like that.  The only way it disappears is if the American public wills it with overwhelming support.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait, I thought treaties had to be ratified by a super majority of the senate before they can go into effect.  

Edited to add:  Beaten dammit!

Do you think the other side will oppose it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

... My guess is that it would pretty much start the next civil war in United States of America
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... My guess is that it would pretty much start the next civil war in United States of America
I have a bad feeling that is exactly what they want.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a very bold assertion.

Not that I disagree with it, but it is pretty serious...any more commentary.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole thing is blown out of proportion and misunderstood. Check out snopes.

Pointless fearmongering.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a bad feeling that is exactly what they want.

There have been a few folks, over the years, that cautioned folks to be careful what they wish for.  And it holds ture, today.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]
The Senate ratifies treaties.  The president can sign it with a magic pen dipped in the blood of a thousand sacred virgins and it doesn't mean shit without the support of two thirds of the Senate.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole thing is blown out of proportion and misunderstood. Check out snopes.

Pointless fearmongering.

There is a very basic reason why the US has refused to sign on to this.   Has something to do with some of the founding principles of this nation.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Posturing, he's behind it in spirit but the evil Rs like dead babies.  However, if for some reason the senate does ratify it, it's on.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, there is some dumb shit going on here.

Obama can sign it and it magically becomes law, but it takes another President and 2/3 of the Senate to unsign it?  Where are you people getting these retarded ideas?  

Treaties require a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate before they mean anything.  A President's signature doesn't make it into law.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]
If he signs it, how long can it go unratified before it, I don't know..., expires?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FBO
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If he signs it, how long can it go unratified before it, I don't know..., expires?

End of his term...so, January, 2013.    

I hope.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It would be as another amendment.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And?

Just making sure folks have their bead on the proper targets if they are itching to start shooting.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be as another amendment.

'The Federal government's primacy was made clear in the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, which declares, "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the Supreme Law of the land; and the Judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."'  From the following wiki article -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricker_Amendment#Legal_background

I guess you could argue that the Bill of Rights would be unaffected by such treaty, but hasn't Congress and the courts already told us that the 2nd amendment is more than able to be infringed upon?

And btw, the "equality with amendments" thing is what I gathered from Dick Morris' video linked above, which I believe is in the first post.  I don't have the attention span nor time to become a Constitutional scholar like many here do.  

Still ?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Lets hope he is stupid enough to sign something like that. It will put the last nail in his coffin and raise a billion or so for republicans this election.

Plus without 2.3 senate vote it doesn't mean shit.

If the UN or the feds  thinks they are going to roll into AZ and enforce it without a Senate passing it they got another thing coming too. There are a few other states that probably wont tolerate that as well.  Im sure California will pass the treaty as state law though. lol

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to several sources, the link above included, it would have equal weight at least.  It would be as another amendment.  Watch the vid and listen to the part toward the end.  I haven't heard many lies or mis-statements of facts form Dick lately.

Treaties cannot override the Constitution and must be enforced by new laws. I'm unconcerned.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Just an act of a desperate man.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Since when did Obamamama let the Constitution get in his way?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to several sources, the link above included, it would have equal weight at least.  It would be as another amendment.  Watch the vid and listen to the part toward the end.  I haven't heard many lies or mis-statements of facts from Dick lately.

Treaties cannot override the Constitution and must be enforced by new laws. I'm unconcerned.

I wish I could remain unconcerned as well.  With the way things have gone the last few years,  I'm not so sure.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]
FBO
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top