Originally Posted By Redneck_in_Texas:
I really don't understand why this hasn't gotten more attention here, of all places.
It has actually come up a number of times. Here's what I remember from those threads:
1. Treaties can't override the BOR or the Constitution.
2. The treaty is for exportation of small arms to countries such as Somalia and other such trouble spots.
3. The President can't sign an executive order to implement this proposed treaty.
4. The NRA is using this as a scare tactic to raise funds.
5. It's on the tin-foil side of things.
6. It's been going on for years.