Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 8:54:13 AM EDT
So,  I took my motorcycle out for a ride to go pay some bills today.  As I'm cruising down the road some lady (looked to be in her late 60's early 70's)  in a minivan decides she needs to turn right from the left lane,  I saw it coming and gassed it past her,  since I was turning right that put me in front of her.

Cruising along and randomly watching her in my mirrors she is riding my ass,  so as I am pulling up to the stop sign I pull in gradually slowing to a stop about 30 feet behind a Cadillac.  All while watching her in my mirrors,  she stopped about 30 or 40 feet behind me.  This Cadillac is sitting right in the middle of the right turn and straight lane waiting to cross 6 lanes of traffic,  so I looked up contemplating if I should go between her and the curb to make my right turn.  

Took my eyes off of my mirrors for 3 fucking seconds and BAM!  The bitch in the mini van decided she needed something off of her floor boards and let off of the brake.  My mind was thinking  "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT".  But I knew what it was,  so I immediately pulled my feet up on the pegs and released the clutch and steered to the curb to go between the Caddy and the curb,  all the while this lady is pushing me with her bumper.  about 5 feet from the Caddy she figured out she just hit me and hit her brakes.  So I stop and turn and hollered "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"  And she bumped my back tire again with this seriously terrified look on her face.  

By now I wanted to rip her throat out,  But what sense would that make?  So I creep forward and looked at her bumper,  just a black smudge  looked over my bike,  no damage.  She never got out of her van and wouldn't roll down her window,  so I just shook my head and drove away.

I know I should have called the police,  but there was no damage and it was as far as I can tell nothing more than an accident.  I do have her Plate number.  It's a ND national guard plate,  the only reason I payed attention to it weirdly enough.

Pic of my bike.  01 ZX6R.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Obviously your pipes weren't loud enough   Glad your ok.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She never got out of her van and wouldn't roll down her window,  so I just shook my head and drove away.

Probably had a legitimate concern that you (not you personally, you as in the biker she didn't know who she had just rammed a couple times) would beat the everlovin piss out of her if she did.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
And Here I was going to post about the dumb ass riders I had weaving all through traffic
riding on the shoulder to cut around on the right only to whip across 3 lanes to the left.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
scary
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And Here I was going to post about the dumb ass riders I had weaving all through traffic
riding on the shoulder to cut around on the right only to whip across 3 lanes to the left.

LOL!  

It weren't me!   I like riding but I am not an inconsiderate douche like some riders.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Ugh, I saw something similar to this happen to a dude on my way home from work last week. Sadly, in that case, it absolutely wrecked a set of aftermarket carbon fiber exausts on his bike. Stuff like this is why I always leave an extra car length between myself and riders. It's not so much for me as it is for their comfort.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a reason Fire trucks are RED.  No one see's the green one.   They have to be left in the Sun to ripen before people see them.     Sweet ride.   Glad you and the bike are OK.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
She probably doesn't like green.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!  

It weren't me!   I like riding but I am not an inconsiderate douche like some riders.

Nor I  (when I rode),   I was waiting for him to get smeared.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Even if you called the police to report it...her statement would have been:

" That feller on the motorcycle put it in reverse and backed into me...not once, but twice"
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep I about got hit twice on Friday while riding. That was my two for the week. since it is monday I figure the clock has restarted and we will see what idiot tries to kill me next.

Glad you and the bike are unscathed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

" That feller on the motorcycle put it in reverse and backed into me...not once, but twice"

"Bitch, bikes have no reverse."

"Then how would you back up?"

""

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Bitch, bikes have no reverse."

"Then how would you back up?"

""

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Police reports, unseen damage is now yours,  ticket is a learning experience ,

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is a reason Fire trucks are RED.  No one see's the green one.   They have to be left in the Sun to ripen before people see them.     Sweet ride.   Glad you and the bike are OK.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
She probably doesn't like green.  

She's probably a Protestant...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#19]
And yet people wonder why I wont get a cycle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#20]
When I started riding, a friend of mine who seriously disdained anything with more than 2 wheels-sidecars excepted (80+k on the clock on his 3 year old BMW GS) told me "Dude, lots of people are going to tell you to ride like you're invisible. That's bullshit. Ride like you're painted orange and the first person to run you over wins a million dollars-you'll live longer." Best motorcycle advice I ever got.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When I started riding, a friend of mine who seriously disdained anything with more than 2 wheels-sidecars excepted (80+k on the clock on his 3 year old BMW GS) told me "Dude, lots of people are going to tell you to ride like you're invisible. That's bullshit. Ride like you're painted orange and the first person to run you over wins a million dollars-you'll live longer." Best motorcycle advice I ever got.

that is the truth.   It's amazing,  I have gotten to the point where i can almost predict what other drivers are going to do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#22]
While I've seen my share of dipshit riders on the road, I've seen far more people on four wheels driving like complete idiots around said riders.

Anyone who rides a bike regularly must get a sore neck from having to keep their head on such a constant swivel. Over the years I've watched them do some pretty extreme maneuvers to avoid a wreck. Around here it always seems to be some moron in an SUV or minivan who plows into a bike or cuts one off without looking. More often than not they have cell phones stuck to their ears

Years ago I used to commute to Boston every day, and I shared the road with lots of bikes. Those guys were certainly riding with the angels when it came to Boston traffic.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#23]
If your bike wasn't painted in camouflage, she might have seen you.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The exact reason I no longer ride motorcycles.

Twenty years on the job I've seen dozens of  people, many of them on motorcycles, suddenly introduced to the concept of "Right, but Dead".

The world is full of oblivious idiots who will unthinkingly kill you in an instant.

I keep steel and airbags between me and them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Must have been an arfcommers mom. You know you deserve to get run over for blocking traffic right?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd have called the police just to fuck her with insurance premiums.

She'd have paid to have the dealer make sure the frame isn't bent.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#27]
you deserve to get run over for being a dick but op wasn't. he was very cool calm and forgiving!!!

well, maybe not so cool and calm!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If your bike wasn't painted in camouflage, she might have seen you.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Another old person who maybe shouldn't be driving anymore?  Should have called the cops.  This will happen again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn. Ur lucky.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ride like you're painted orange and the first person to run you over wins a million dollars-you'll live longer.

That sounds like a ton of fun.

Honestly, this is why riding doesn't interest me. If that's what you must behave like, then it's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#32]
You ever take that thing off any sweet jumps?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#33]
This is why I am scared to get my bike license. I always have close calls because of another person not paying attention.I can not imagine being on a bike when they happen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a 72 Cuda, bright fire engine red.  I was sitting at a stop sign and a little old lady on the crossroad to my right is making a left turn.  She does not nip the left front of my car like you would if you cut the turn short, but hits the right side of my car cutting through the lane, bam!  I got out of the car ready to yell "WTF lady!?!" and I see she's about 90, probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack if I did.  When I get the police report, her DOB is 1900, listed as "00".  She was 92.  She told the investigating officer "I didn't see him."

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm glad that she was going any faster when she hit you.  On my way into work this morning on the Ninja, an ambulance was coming from the other direction and everyone pulled to the curb.  The ambulance passed, and everyone starts to pull back into the lane again.  As I start to pull out, I look in my rearview and the car behind me is going around me IN MY LANE.  Fucktard.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You ever take that thing off any sweet jumps?

http://cdn0.hark.com/images/000/001/618/1618/original.jpg

Awesome
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#37]
i drive a truck for a living and ride a bike and i have to say ive never in my life seen so many texting,cell phone, no paying attention ,no drivein dumb as a mfking tree stump idiots behind the wheel as in the last year or two.really boggles the mid that to alot people paying attention to the road is secondary . i think part of drivers ed should be spending time in an er to see the results of driver stupidity!!! and texting and driving should be the same as drunk driving
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i drive a truck for a living and ride a bike and i have to say ive never in my life seen so many texting,cell phone, no paying attention ,no drivein dumb as a mfking tree stump idiots behind the wheel as in the last year or two.really boggles the mid that to alot people paying attention to the road is secondary . i think part of drivers ed should be spending time in an er to see the results of driver stupidity!!! and texting and driving should be the same as drunk driving

Some people are just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#39]
If you don't call the police, you'll never get those ignorant people off the road. Luckily, I've not been hit yet and yes, my pipes are loud enough to help cause awareness.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#41]
My cousin's 21 yr old son was killed on a bike on Saturday.  He was at a stoplight, stopped.  The car drove right through/over him.  Never saw him.  As an ex- rider myself, I've had sooooo many close calls.  I still want to get another bike, but after severely breaking my leg skiing over 2 years ago now, and knowing the anguish of being badly injured and still somewhat disabled,  I'm wondering if I will ever get another.  Fun as hell, though.  Glad you're ok.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I love streetbikes, I really do. I sold my last one in '97 after two close calls with tards in cars. I will catch myself longing for another bike,then I snap back to reality after watching people drive texting,yakking on the phone and who knows what else with screens in their dash.

That cures that idea most rikki tik

I barely feel safe  in my F 150, I sure as hell am not going to get on another MC and roll the dice with fate with these retards on the road.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you don't call the police, you'll never get those ignorant people off the road. Luckily, I've not been hit yet and yes, my pipes are loud enough to help cause awareness.

My pipe is loud,  just not at a stop sign.  lol    
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, OP, now you know why my older brother and I stopped riding motorcycles.  Doesn't matter that you are right and the other driver is an ahole.  You are still hurt/dead/screwed up for life.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well, OP, now you know why my older brother and I stopped riding motorcycles.  Doesn't matter that you are right and the other driver is an ahole.  You are still hurt/dead/screwed up for life.

Isn't that the truth.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top