Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Posted: 6/29/2012 10:48:34 AM EDT
Since I ejected a few weeks ago, I decided to give Internet dating a go.  I kept on hearing about online how easy it is to get laid from these free sites.

I messaged about 100 women, and got maybe 7 replies back and forth.  My pics are shit, and I was thinking my profile must be as well.

Until last night, I messaged this one 'new' chick, who looked decent in her photos.  She ended up telling me what bar she was at that night, it was only like 5 miles away, so I showed up.  

I noticed two things that are consistent from all of the AAR I have read about POF.  She was bigger than her photos led onto, and even though she said in her profile she wasn't looking for sex, she let me fuck her at her place that night.  And she never even looked at my profile.

One thing I have to figure out, is a few of the women I had messaging me back and forth seemed to just stop dead in their tracks as soon as I wanted to meet up or get a number to text.  Everything was good and playful up until I tried to make meeting in real life happen.  I have to guess they were just there for the ego boost.

So to those of you I keep seeing in other threads talk about how you can't get laid on POF, yes you can, keep trying.  I changed up my profile and pics several times, and sent over 100 messages to get a few replies.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Try updating your profile pic:

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you at least video tape the sex?

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Some dude already has that for a profile pic.  Forget his name though.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Did you at least video tape the sex?  

I was too busy watching in the mirror.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
The secret to getting laid is having very low standards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]

I haven't seen many fish there but I've seen pods of whales.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
In before the 'Land whale gave me crabs and the clap' thread.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Women are very different, even strange. I have one female friend that will lament about not getting dates, then when I ask about online stuff she says, "yeah I have a profile and have had tons of messages, but I dunno." She has no reason to not message dudes back, or take a look at their profile. She just doesn't. Then gripes about it.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok i guess I'm out of the loop, what's POF? Nevermind!
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ok i guess I'm out of the loop, what's POF?

Online dating site for those too ugly to go find free range herpes.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Internet dating is like backwards bizarro world.  Last girl I met from online said she wanted to take things really slow.  This was right after we had sex on the first date.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#12]
It takes a little effort and it gets confusing when you're talking to a bunch of girls at the same time, but yeah, if you put the time into it, you can have your sex. I've been online dating for the past two years and while I'm honestly looking for something serious and permanent, I've had a number of "flings." Kind a shameful number, actually.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's disturbing.  Most of the "hot" girls now have guts that protrude as far as their tits.  "Fat" just extends beyond their tits

Even the hippie vegan granola seasonal field workers at the office get fatter every year

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Of the women I've met off POF, all but one have been fatter than their pictures.  One was significantly fatter, as in she looks like she ate the woman whose pictures adorned her profile.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Internet dating is like backwards bizarro world.  Last girl I met from online said she wanted to take things really slow.  This was right after we had sex on the first date.  

She doesn't want you to get the wrong idea about her...

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I especially like the profiles that talk about how a man has to be "mature" enough to accept her little spawn.  Because any man who doesn't want to spend his life taking care of her little trophy is immature and a jerk.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Guess I'm lucky for the one I found on there. There was another one that wanted me though...
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

She thinks that by saying, "I want to take thing slow", it will weed out the guys that only want sex.

In reality, she might as well light a flare in her vag to make it easier to find.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Any chick who says something like "and look somewhere else if you're just trying to have sex on the first date" will fuck you on the first date.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
She thinks that by saying, "I want to take thing slow", it will weed out the guys that only want sex.

In reality, she might as well light a flare in her vag to make it easier to find.

Exactly.  The ones that say they don't want sex seem to be the crazy eyed freaks.  Maybe I should start messaging ones that say they only want sex to find a keeper?  

Another tip for those just looking for booty.... I never make the first move by messaging a woman first.  Sure I may look at their profile, but most of the 'interesting' ones will message you with a little patience.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#21]
In my experience, POF has a much lower rate of return on sent messages and fewer girls who will meet in real life.  Good news is that when one does agree to meet, she will bang on the first date.  Match on the other hand is a complete gold mine.  It probably has something to do with the fact that the girls are paying to be there and don't want to waste their time and money.  Match girls tend to be a few notches up on the quality ladder and will usually meet after 2 to 3 messages.  Bedding a match girl will take 2 to 3 dates.  So, in true arfcom fashion, get both.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In my experience, POF has a much lower rate of return on sent messages and fewer girls who will meet in real life.  Good news is that when one does agree to meet, she will bang on the first date.  Match on the other hand is a complete gold mine.  It probably has something to do with the fact that the girls are paying to be there and don't want to waste their time and money.  Match girls tend to be a few notches up on the quality ladder and will usually meet after 2 to 3 messages.  Bedding a match girl will take 2 to 3 dates.  So, in true arfcom fashion, get both.

OKcupid is another free site.  You can answer questions and be matched with people that answer the same as you.  The fish site seems to be the bottom of the fish shooting barrel in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And she never even looked at my profile.

Did she tell you this or did she just not show up in your "Viewed Me" list?  There is a setting turn off showing up in the Viewed Me list.

One thing I have to figure out, is a few of the women I had messaging me back and forth seemed to just stop dead in their tracks as soon as I wanted to meet up or get a number to text.  Everything was good and playful up until I tried to make meeting in real life happen.  I have to guess they were just there for the ego boost.

That's just how it goes.  Could be 100 reasons why it happened.  Instead of spending time trying to figure it out, just message the next 100 women.

So to those of you I keep seeing in other threads talk about how you can't get laid on POF, yes you can, keep trying.  I changed up my profile and pics several times, and sent over 100 messages to get a few replies.

As I said in the other thread, if you can't get a date off of POF you might as well give up on women.  That doesn't mean it won't be difficult, a lot of work, or you have to lower your standards but it is possible.  Women on those sites are picky as hell when it comes to profile pictures.  Over the last 9 months I've slimmed down and gained muscle.  I looked ok back then but really good now.  Just changing my pictures greatly improved the number of visitors that I had view my profile.  I'm pretty sure you could put nothing in your profile and that as long as you had a hot picture the one's that like it would go out with you.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#24]
For a timely blog post about the different online dating experience for men and women see:

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/results-from-an-online-dating-experiment/
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That means she didn't want you to get clingy to her and call her all the time just because you two had sex.  She wants to keep it casual.  Pretty easy to understand when you look at their actions first and then think about what she is saying.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did she tell you this or did she just not show up in your "Viewed Me" list?  There is a setting turn off showing up in the Viewed Me list.

That's just how it goes.  Could be 100 reasons why it happened.  Instead of spending time trying to figure it out, just message the next 100 women.

As I said in the other thread, if you can't get a date off of POF you might as well give up on women.  That doesn't mean it won't be difficult, a lot of work, or you have to lower your standards but it is possible.  Women on those sites are picky as hell when it comes to profile pictures.  Over the last 9 months I've slimmed down and gained muscle.  I looked ok back then but really good now.  Just changing my pictures greatly improved the number of visitors that I had view my profile.  I'm pretty sure you could put nothing in your profile and that as long as you had a hot picture the one's that like it would go out with you.

She told me she 'hadn't seen my profile yet'.  I also do not have any recent pics, all my pics are from pre-gym me.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OKcupid is another free site.  You can answer questions and be matched with people that answer the same as you.  The fish site seems to be the bottom of the fish shooting barrel in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up!  Might as well throw a third line in the water
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Some dude already has that for a profile pic. Forget his name though.  

So you were looking for dudes

at least you still have his number
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#29]
She was fat, but I fucked her anyway!

Hahaha!  At least it was at her house.  Don't tell her where you live.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  The ones that say they don't want sex seem to be the crazy eyed freaks.  Maybe I should start messaging ones that say they only want sex to find a keeper?  

Another tip for those just looking for booty.... I never make the first move by messaging a woman first.  Sure I may look at their profile, but most of the 'interesting' ones will message you with a little patience.

I've heard that advice before but I would say that only applies to huge cities like New York.  I've been online dating since 2004 and of the women I found attractive maybe 2 have messaged me first.  My approach is, if they look cute and sound fun then I will shoot them a message.  I'm not into the all the games.  Take it or leave it because I'm moving on to the next one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

She was fat, but I fucked her anyway!

Hahaha!  At least it was at her house.  Don't tell her where you live.

lol.  She wasn't land whale status, but yes, fat.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHA, I meant on arfcom knuclehead.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#33]
One thing I have to figure out, is a few of the women I had messaging me back and forth seemed to just stop dead in their tracks as soon as I wanted to meet up or get a number to text. Everything was good and playful up until I tried to make meeting in real life happen.

Their husbands wouldn't approve?
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She told me she 'hadn't seen my profile yet'.  I also do not have any recent pics, all my pics are from pre-gym me.  

I don't think most women pay much attention to what is in a guy's profile.  On OkCupid it shows you the last time someone looked at your profile.  Usually girls will look at me once and then never again even though we are messaging back and forth all week.  Then they might look at it once more before meeting.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA, I meant on arfcom knuclehead.  

You got a date from ARFCOM with a dude.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For a timely blog post about the different online dating experience for men and women see:

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/results-from-an-online-dating-experiment/

LOL

Third, female choosiness means that the rate of online female messaging is not as indicative of men’s SMV as online male messaging is indicative of women’s SMV. An online profile is simply NOT ENOUGH for a woman to judge a man’s sexiness and compatibility. She needs to smell him, be touched by him, watch him move, listen to him speak, and furtively eye the way his crotch bulges. But an online profile IS ENOUGH for a man to judge a woman’s sexiness and, yes, sometimes even compatibility, because men seek to build connections primarily as a function of their visually-based lust, unlike women who seek to find reasons to dismiss budding connections as a function of their critical hypergamous impulses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Plentyofhambeast is ok if you like a whole lotta woman, a whole lotta.  Try going out and socializing, its way easier to spot if a chic is trying to hide that she is multiple sized model.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think most women pay much attention to what is in a guy's profile.  On OkCupid it shows you the last time someone looked at your profile.  Usually girls will look at me once and then never again even though we are messaging back and forth all week.  Then they might look at it once more before meeting.

It seems to me almost every single girl I message visits my profile with out responding.  *shrug*

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Plentyofhambeast is ok if you like a whole lotta woman, a whole lotta.  Try going out and socializing, its way easier to spot if a chic is trying to hide that she is multiple sized model.

I may just throw the whole online dating into the trash if everything keeps coming up fat.  Just like everything else I have read about POF, I have no reason to believe there is hardly anything above a 7 on there.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup.  Plenty Of Whales.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That means she didn't want you to get clingy to her and call her all the time just because you two had sex.  She wants to keep it casual.  Pretty easy to understand when you look at their actions first and then think about what she is saying.

Further translated to "my husband does not know I do this and I cant have you calling all the time and insisting on seeing me on your schedule"
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I especially like the profiles that talk about how a man has to be "mature" enough to accept her little spawn.  Because any man who doesn't want to spend his life taking care of her little trophy is immature and a jerk.  

I see you found my ex  
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#43]
The pics are not loading........
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#44]
lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It doesn't sound like pictures would be a good idea.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to POF and search for women in your area.  Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

eta:  I search and this chick was one of the first matches.

Wrap your head around this:  These are her GOOD pictures.  The ones where she is the hottest.  If you meet her in real life, she will almost certainly be fatter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to POF and search for women in your area. Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

I will admit there are a lot of fat chicks in SEVA, things look better up north but there's a huge risk of "the crazy" that you can't weed out by a picture.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The secret to getting laid is having very low standards.

and a shit load of alcohol
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to POF and search for women in your area. Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

eta: I search and this chick was one of the first matches.

http://pics.plentyoffish.com/dating/118/83/mragg5it0j_214643972.jpg

http://pics.pof.com/dating/90/24/xf51sdndng_163984332.jpg

Wrap your head around this: These are her GOOD pictures. The ones where she is the hottest. If you meet her in real life, she will almost certainly be fatter.

OMG    
No thanks I think I will continue to rent.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#50]
––––
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top