Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate "moderate" Republicans as much as the next guy (Snowe among them), but I really don't think you can pin this one on RINOS. For once, Republicans were pretty united on this (and so were Democrats). We were outnumbered, plain and simple.

Elections have consequences, and all that.

I dare say that if more Republicans adhered to their purported platform prior to 2006, they wouldn't have suffered the devastating loss they did. Live and learn, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
In part, sympathy for the dying Teddy, whose dream was to see  national health care
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except you're lying. The vote was 14-9.

'Why are you lying' is the question. I know the answer.

I don't know the answer.  

Why is he spouting off wrong information?

ETA:  Nevermind, you indicated he is a Ron Paul supporter.  Nuff said.

He's not a Paul supporter.   His posts here are on two subjects:  Bashing Republicans and bashing the NRA.  Both with false information.  Do the math.

Moby most likely.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
You know what, I'll withdraw my comments until I can get home and dig into the votes.   I was positive that she was a determinative vote at some point, maybe it was cloture.  I'll post back later rather than trying to go from memory and quick googling.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gutless republicans (and a few democrats who hated it too) refused to stand up to the "great one"

The gutless repubs didn't have the numbers to defeat it but don't let me spoil your rant....

Um, false.

We had the votes to kill that fucker in committee.

But one of our RINO's showed her liberal colors and voted with the Dems.   http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1926005,00.html

Again, RINOs give you "apparent' majorities and, if you're in the minority, you might want to count them as part of your filibuster count.  Its a fool's errand to do so.   They vote nominally "R" on some issues, they attend the caucuses (feeding strategy points to the other side), and they suck up "R" dollars for election campaigns, but on the great and weighty issues of the day, they vote with the enemy.

ETA:  Better link:  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28235.html

So "one" switched?. Yeah thats all of them allright.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the answer.  

He's not a Paul supporter.   His posts here are on two subjects:  Bashing Republicans and bashing the NRA.  Both with false information.  Do the math.

Moby most likely.

Horseshit.

And I find it increasingly annoying to be accused of such.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know what, I'll withdraw my comments until I can get home and dig into the votes.   I was positive that she was a determinative vote at some point, maybe it was cloture.  I'll post back later rather than trying to go from memory and quick googling.

As you are searching I think you will find:

Olympia Snowe voted NAY on ObamaCare.

Olympia Snowe has already voted to repeal ObamaCare.

Olympia Snowe supported the challenge to ObamaCare in the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the answer.  

Moby most likely.

Horseshit.

I'm calling you a liar. Outright. You said in this thread that Olympia Snowe could have stopped it in committee.This is a factual falsehood. The vote is on record. Her vote didn't matter.

Why did you lie?

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Horseshit.

Well, you certainly gave false criticism to Republicans in this thread.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
RINOs.

They give you theoretical majorities and theoretical filibuster power.

But when the chips are down, they go and vote with the enemy.

Simple as that.

However, in the context of THIS discussion, that didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the answer.  

Moby most likely.

Horseshit.

You are bashing Republicans by posting falsehoods.  Thus, you are either lying or ignorant.  Neither is an admirable trait.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the answer.  

Moby most likely.

Horseshit.

You are bashing Republicans by posting falsehoods.  Thus, you are either lying or ignorant.  Neither is an admirable trait.

I'll bash RINO Republicans all fucking day, man.  If I made a mistake on her vote, then I made a mistake through posting before I verified my personal recollection more directly.  I still want to say this was one of those Congressional balderdash things where some of the Dems on the Baucus committee were wavering but once Snowe committed to make it "look" bi-partisan that gave the wavering Dems the cover to vote for it.  

IN any event, when "OUR" gal gets called out for "props" by the commie in chief, that ought to tell you something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI2_OikbrOs

Me, I agree with Rush:   http://www.therightscoop.com/republicans-panicking-over-snowe-is-laughable/

He's making the exact general point I'm trying to convey about the RINOs, (but without my apparent error in calling Snow the "deciding" vote, when (gosh!) she _merely_ voted with the enemy on that one.... and gave the Dems cover to call it bipartisan."

"History calls" ya know.  

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/13/breaking-snowe-defects-on-committee-vote/

ETA:  http://azstarnet.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/article_d41bb0c4-b43a-5692-9507-dffb0c02b9a9.html
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Shyster activities - they took a Veterans Mortgage bill and gutted it, pasted in ObamaCare.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The gutless republicans (and a few democrats who hated it too) refused to stand up to the "great one"

Which Republicans voted for it?  Refresh my memory.

Snowe voted for it in committee, which brought it to the floor.  
Yup.  She's a whorecunt

ETA

I see that was wrong.  I could have swore that she was the one who allowed it to get out of committee.

She's still a whorecunt.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#16]
It's already been proven that her vote in committee had zero effect on whether or not it left committee.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  She's a whorecunt

ETA

I see that was wrong.  I could have swore that she was the one who allowed it to get out of committee.

She's still a whorecunt.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's already been proven that her vote in committee had zero effect on whether or not it left committee.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  She's a whorecunt

ETA

She's still a whorecunt.

See my edit.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You know what, I'll withdraw my comments until I can get home and dig into the votes. I was positive that she was a determinative vote at some point, maybe it was cloture. I'll post back later rather than trying to go from memory and quick googling.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. "
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And once the shenanigans were all in even she voted against it.  And now she is conveniently "retiring."  

Why don't you EVER spend an ounce of energy or time bashing Democrats.  THEY made Obamacare happen.  Why bash Republicans when NONE voted for it.  None.  You have to make shit up to make your "point"––while ignoring the Dems.  Why is that?  Nothing says "Moby" more than acting in the manner of a Moby.

Another personal attack noted.    If it got it wrong on Snowe's vote by stating that she was the deciding vote on the committee vote, when she was merely a fucking turncoat who sided with the enemy, then by all means correct me and berate me for that.  I deserve it .  But quit fucking using your little mod tools to follow me all over the god damned site accusing me of being a liberal shill in every thread.  

Why do I heap scorn on RINOs more than Democrats?   Well, for the same reason I don't really give a shit if the SLUT that I didn't marry sleeps around, but would be pissed if MY spouse fucked me over.   The RINOs are supposed to be on our team, and when they take closet communist positions, it is a betrayal that warrants far more anger than  the Democrats being Democrats.   We expect those assholes to vote for commie shit.   The Republicans are supposed to believe in something better.

Read this: http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/13/breaking-snowe-defects-on-committee-vote/

It matters.   Her vote mattered.  It was a betrayal.   It hurt us.  Obama used it to portray this as a bipartisan effort, and the opponents as extremists.  

I have no use for Democrats.   But I hold fucking turncoats to direct account.  Because I've supported a few RINOs in the last five years and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS came to regret it.

And now, due respect (but not that much), here's were I respectfully tell you to get over the soft-headed, lazy, piss-poor, strategy of calling anyone who disagrees with you a "Moby"

Apparently, I'm such a Moby I've bought and sold on the EE, I post in the technical forums and know what I'm talking about.   Go ahead, quiz me on guns.   Quiz me on AR15.com history going back to 2002.   I was reading the site when Inbroglio posted his grapenuts diet, when the Sarge was putting up his doll skits, during at least three of Clean_Cut's alternative personalities, for the ARFCOM Fear Factor (including Tequila Bob's final round grotesqueness), for S.A.'s "Glock with a Fuse" photos, and for a host of other random shit over the years.   Go ahead.. . quiz me.   You're wrong on this moby thing.   And if you weren't a mod, you wouldn't get away with the constant call outs.  Get over it already ...
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And once the shenanigans were all in even she voted against it.  And now she is conveniently "retiring."  

Why don't you EVER spend an ounce of energy or time bashing Democrats?  THEY made Obamacare happen.  Why bash Republicans when NONE voted for it.  None.  You have to make shit up to make your "point"––while ignoring the Dems.  Why is that?  Nothing says "Moby" more than acting in the manner of a Moby.

Edit:  A reminder to all––when this question was asked:

How did Obamacare pass Congress?  (thread title)

. . . you posted this (just over half way down on page one of this thread):

Quoted:
RINOs.

Simple as that.

Not one word of which is true.  Just a lie––and a typical Moby tactic.  

True or false:   Olympia Snowe voted with the enemy on the Baccus committee vote?

True or false:  Olympia Snowe then played COY for an extended period of time as to whether she would or would not stand with the Republicans and vote against the bill at the end.  

True or false:  Olympia Snowe then used her "maybe yes, maybe no" position to horse trade and get her name in the news, elevate her status, and enhance her own self interests.

True or false:  Senators who actually had conservative beliefs simply said, early and often, "I'm not voting for that shit" instead of playing coy, grand standing and having everyone sit there and have to hold their breath during the final vote to see if Ms. Snowe decided history was calling again.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the answer.  

2 + 2 =

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What screen name did you use back then?

PM sent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And once the shenanigans were all in even she voted against it. And now she is conveniently "retiring."

Why don't you EVER spend an ounce of energy or time bashing Democrats? THEY made Obamacare happen. Why bash Republicans when NONE voted for it. None. You have to make shit up to make your "point"––while ignoring the Dems. Why is that? Nothing says "Moby" more than acting in the manner of a Moby.

Edit: A reminder to all––when this question was asked:

How did Obamacare pass Congress? (thread title)

Quoted:

RINOs.

Simple as that.

Not one word of which is true. Just a lie––and a typical Moby tactic.

True or false: Olympia Snowe voted with the enemy on the Baccus committee vote?

True or false: Olympia Snowe then played COY for an extended period of time as to whether she would or would not stand with the Republicans and vote against the bill at the end.

True or false: Olympia Snowe then used her "maybe yes, maybe no" position to horse trade and get her name in the news, elevate her status, and enhance her own self interests.

True or false: Senators who actually had conservative beliefs simply said, early and often, "I'm not voting for that shit" instead of playing coy, grand standing and having everyone sit there and have to hold their breath during the final vote to see if Ms. Snowe decided history was calling again.

What does your cute little quiz have to do with the point of this thread?  Or whether or not Snowe had any power to stop the bill from becoming law?

Unless she could cast five votes in committee, it didnt mean shit.  When the voite mattered, she voted the right way
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Can someone explain to me why talk show hosts were going crazy over Snowe during some part of the Obamacare process?  I remember they were blaming her for something.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
And once the shenanigans were all in even she voted against it. And now she is conveniently "retiring."

Why don't you EVER spend an ounce of energy or time bashing Democrats? THEY made Obamacare happen. Why bash Republicans when NONE voted for it. None. You have to make shit up to make your "point"––while ignoring the Dems. Why is that? Nothing says "Moby" more than acting in the manner of a Moby.

Quoted:
RINOs.

Simple as that.

True or false: Olympia Snowe then played COY for an extended period of time as to whether she would or would not stand with the Republicans and vote against the bill at the end.

True or false: Olympia Snowe then used her "maybe yes, maybe no" position to horse trade and get her name in the news, elevate her status, and enhance her own self interests.

True or false: Senators who actually had conservative beliefs simply said, early and often, "I'm not voting for that shit" instead of playing coy, grand standing and having everyone sit there and have to hold their breath during the final vote to see if Ms. Snowe decided history was calling again.

What does your cute little quiz have to do with the point of this thread?  Or whether or not Snowe had any power to stop the bill from becoming law?

Unless she could cast five votes in committee, it didnt mean shit.  When the voite mattered, she voted the right way

Picture this.  Its a war.  Your squad is getting ready to advance on an enemy position.  Its got to take the hill or bad things will happen.

The objective is three clicks away.  

On the way to the point of engagement, you find out one of your guys has been in radio contact with the enemy.  

He already called in one mortar to your position.

As you continue to advance toward your objective, this guy fades into the shadows.  

You have no idea where is is or who he is fighting for.  

He's radioing you, he's radioing the enemy.  

He's making clear that when the battle is met, he may fight on your side and kill the enemy; or, he may join the enemy and kill his own brothers in arms.  

In fact, he goes back and forth all the way until the point the battle is joined.   When the fighting starts, he sits back and watches the battle develop.  Trying to figure out which way it will go.  

Only once its clear that your squad is not going to take the objective with or without his participation, and will have to retreat, here comes this asshole "jumping in" on your side and finally firing his weapon at the enemy.

Is all of that OK, or is it a betrayal?    Does nothing that guy did before matter so long as he finally directed fire at the enemy?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Aside from the Dem. Republicans. Stuff....they lied about the 'cost'....claiming a savings that wouldn't exist, hid the cost in future, made 'assumptions' that had as much validity as unicorn farts.     Then they had the CBO score it based on those intentionally fraudulent numbers.    They used that (and the lack of time for people to actually research true costs) to get support from the conservative Send and make them toe the party line.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
look up that idiot snow and you'll know everything....

Or Ben Nelson.... What a fucking embarrassment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, you have to pass it to find out what's in it...
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Nancy told us they had to pass it to see what's in it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Ben Nelson.... What a fucking embarrassment.

On behalf of Nebraska I humbly apologize that my solidly red state somehow, even after he cost the stat $148M for backing out of the low level waste compact, voting that dem into the senate.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]
we had to PASS it to see  what was  in it
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RINOs.

Simple as that.

What does your cute little quiz have to do with the point of this thread? Or whether or not Snowe had any power to stop the bill from becoming law?

Unless she could cast five votes in committee, it didnt mean shit. When the voite mattered, she voted the right way

Picture this. Its a war. Your squad is getting ready to advance on an enemy position. Its got to take the hill or bad things will happen.

The objective is three clicks away.

On the way to the point of engagement, you find out one of your guys has been in radio contact with the enemy.

He already called in one mortar to your position.

As you continue to advance toward your objective, this guy fades into the shadows.

You have no idea where is is or who he is fighting for.

He's radioing you, he's radioing the enemy.

He's making clear that when the battle is met, he may fight on your side and kill the enemy; or, he may join the enemy and kill his own brothers in arms.

In fact, he goes back and forth all the way until the point the battle is joined. When the fighting starts, he sits back and watches the battle develop. Trying to figure out which way it will go.

Only once its clear that your squad is not going to take the objective with or without his participation, and will have to retreat, here comes this asshole "jumping in" on your side and finally firing his weapon at the enemy.

Is all of that OK, or is it a betrayal? Does nothing that guy did before matter so long as he finally directed fire at the enemy?

You put a lot of effort into not answering the question...

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Reid changed the rules to allow it to pass with a simple majority ("Nuclear Option").  No "gutless Republicans" were culpable as the know-nothings claim.  

uhh... if it wasnt for snowe and i think one other, obamacare wouldnt have had the 60 votes to go up for debate.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why wasn't it killed by filibuster or otherwise? My memory is not good for that sort of thing, but it seems to me that at least a few (R)s had to play turncoat for it to pass.

No Rs voted for it, but I think Snow or the other Main "Republican" voted to allow it out of comittee and have a floor vote (where she voted no ).

When it passed the Senate, the Dems had a filibuster proof majority. MA electected Scott Brown right afterwards, so the House had to accept the version that passed the Senate.

Edited since others pointed out she couldn't stop it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Reid changed the rules to allow it to pass with a simple majority ("Nuclear Option").  No "gutless Republicans" were culpable as the know-nothings claim.  

uhh... if it wasnt for snowe and i think one other, obamacare wouldnt have had the 60 votes to go up for debate.

Oh, look who ELSE has shown up. Just to be clear here, are you talking about the cloture vote?

Please be as precise as possible.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, it had 60 Democrat votes, which is how it passed the Senate. The House had to adopt the Senate version after Scott Brown was elected (they knew they couldn't pass any version in the Senate when the GOP could filibuster).
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reid changed the rules to allow it to pass with a simple majority ("Nuclear Option"). No "gutless Republicans" were culpable as the know-nothings claim.

The worst part about this post is  that you didnt even have to go far to research the fact that you are full of shit.

That's just lazy
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#42]
to answer op's question it was "rammed down our throats"
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Corrupt politicians
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#44]
It does my heart good to know that several folks here actually pay attention and realize who here openly lies.

Again, the big question is...why?

Both parties are the same? Right.

Dems and 2 Independents voted for Obamacare. 40 Republicans voted against it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RINOs.

Simple as that.

Not one single Republican in the Senate voted for Obamacare.

Reid changed the rules to get this passed.  He voided any chance for a filibuster.

Would have died in committee but for one of the RINOs.  http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1926005,00.html

ETA:  Better link:  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28235.html

So her vote allowed it to pass out of committee?  On a 14-9 vote?  

Oh, and did you read the post above which says what ended up as Obamacare began as an education bill when passed from committee?  I don't recall if that's correct or not, but things are occasionally done using that kind of chicanery.  

Again––Moby much?

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Bill of 2010.

http://brainshavings.com/obamacare/

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep it should have never left committee.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TEH OH NOEZ you are now a moby Paulbot.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Senate Finance Committee vote to send Obamacare to the floor was 14-9. Yes, a SINGLE republican voted with 13 Democrats.

VT, I don't think you're a Moby, I just think you let your ego get tied up in my Congressman.

Aren't you smart enough to realize what it means when all the focus is on a single remarkable EXCEPTION to the GOP?

The cloture vote was even more one sided. All Republicans voted against it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RINOs.

Simple as that.

Not one single Republican in the Senate voted for Obamacare.

Reid changed the rules to get this passed. He voided any chance for a filibuster.

Would have died in committee but for one of the RINOs. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1926005,00.html

ETA: Better link: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28235.html

So her vote allowed it to pass out of committee? On a 14-9 vote?

Oh, and did you read the post above which says what ended up as Obamacare began as an education bill when passed from committee? I don't recall if that's correct or not, but things are occasionally done using that kind of chicanery.

Again––Moby much?

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Bill of 2010.

http://brainshavings.com/obamacare/

Still not seeing where her vote one way or the other would have stopped the bill from getting out of committee.  

Do you have a quote you can post?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Senate Finance Committee vote to send Obamacare to the floor was 14-9. Yes, a SINGLE republican voted with 13 Democrats.

VT, I don't think you're a Moby, I just think you let your ego get tied up in my Congressman.

Aren't you smart enough to realize what it means when all the focus is on a single remarkable EXCEPTION to the GOP?

The cloture vote was even more one sided. All Republicans voted against it.

What do you mean I have my ego tied up?  For some reason or another, quite a few of us thought we remembered Snowe being the deciding vote on getting the bill out of committee.  Turns out we were wrong, but for some reason some here see the attack on her as an attack of the Republican party, which it wasn't.

She's a fucking cunt though, and she has a long voting record of voting against individual freedom.  Why some are rushing to her defense, particularly when she's retiring this year blows my mind.

It has nothing to do with Ron fucking Paul, I don't know why you all bring him up at every opportunity.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top