User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 163
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not sure why Walt would want to continue cooking meth after killing Gus.

His mission going into the business was to get financial security for his family because he was dying of cancer. Well mission accomplished.  So why trade security for renewed risk?

He could have had financial security without going into the meth business. All he had to do was take up his ex-partner's offer, but he was too full of pride.  

That was in the first season if I remember right and yes, he had his pride. My point stands that he already achieved financial security by the time he killed Gus.

At that point in time, his enemies were destroyed and the law was thrown off of his trail. That was the best time to walk away, perhaps use some of his money to start up more legitimate enterprises. IMO, the producers kept the show going past it's due date.
He didn't have any money when he killed Gus. Skylar gave it to Ted. He didn't have enough to change identities and flee when he knew Gus was going to kill him.

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]

second stage is cut
we're now in orbit
stabilizers up
running perfect
starting to collect
requested data
what will it effect
when all is done
thinks Major Tom
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not sure why Walt would want to continue cooking meth after killing Gus.

His mission going into the business was to get financial security for his family because he was dying of cancer. Well mission accomplished.  So why trade security for renewed risk?

He could have had financial security without going into the meth business. All he had to do was take up his ex-partner's offer, but he was too full of pride.  

That was in the first season if I remember right and yes, he had his pride. My point stands that he already achieved financial security by the time he killed Gus.

At that point in time, his enemies were destroyed and the law was thrown off of his trail. That was the best time to walk away, perhaps use some of his money to start up more legitimate enterprises. IMO, the producers kept the show going past it's due date.
He didn't have any money when he killed Gus. Skylar gave it to Ted. He didn't have enough to change identities and flee when he knew Gus was going to kill him.

Also, as is pointed out several times here and in the show, almost exactly, at a very early point it isn't about the money. Sure, the money's nice but this is all about Walter's ego and his *need* to be the bigshot.

He could have walked away several times but he just couldn't let the thing go. he needs the rush.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good thing he was sitting on the toilet..

That brick's going to be hard to flush.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Heisenberg thinks he can crawl back into Walter's skin. But like a reptile's shed skin, W.W. is dead.

All that is left is snake.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
A few things:

Walt couldn't just give up after killing Gus. He didn't have any money since his whore wife gave it to her lover, and what would happen with all the people that got arrested after? Would Mike just sit idly by? Who would keep all the guys from talking?

As to the three loose ends mentioned earlier by others, being Todd, Jesse, and Lydia, there are many more. The Vamanos Pests crew, Lydia's people, Skinny Pete/Badger, Saul - all these people could flip if they are busted. They all know something about any one of the others, and that could start a domino effect.

Was the lawyer who was to flip killed in jail? I didn't recall seeing him get shanked or otherwise?

Now that Hank knows, I think Walt will be on the run from everyone, especially the DEA. The M60 I think is him coming back to make his final stand, a-la Scarface. I'm curious to see how Jesse's character plays out in the final episodes. I agree with another who said he didn't get much screen time or significance in these 8 episodes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hank will either eat a bullet or take Walter down, he will not just stand aside.

The thing that bothered me about this episode was the complete turn around with the characters during the pool scene. Walter and Skyler got along way too well. It was all lovey dovey , beside the cooking they hated each other. Him retiring would not heal there other issues unless Skyler is different than every other woman on earth.

CWatson

It wouldn't have been the first time that Walt and Skylar pretended like everything was hunky dory for the benefit of Hank and Marie.

It seems to me that Walt's cancer is back, and he's declared that he's out of the business, but now Hank is on to him.  If he goes on the run, and later hears that his SkyBlue is being cooked and his son is getting cooked, (Walt, Jr. seemed a little spacey around the pool, I thought he was going to fall in at one point, and he may be doing Walt's Sky Blue brand of meth), perhaps Walt comes back with the M60 in order to tear it all down.

On top of all that we have to remember, Walt is driven by ego like nobodies' business.  It's not too much of stretch to think his attitude would be "I made this empire. It's mine. No one can have it, but me, and if I can't have it, no one can."

ETA: Unless he has complete nervous breakdown, Hank is going to go after Walt like every thing else he's doggedly pursued.  Like Wingnutx, said, Hank just realized that his BIL carefully orchestrated the execution of ten Federal witnesses.  His ten witnesses.  It would only take him a few minutes after the shock of it all wore off to realize everything related to SkyBlue is Walt, and then remember that afternoon Walt asked "Wow, how much money is that, Hank?"
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Hank is now sitting in the Heisenburg's toilet, with his pants around his ankles and no carry piece.

OK, serious discussion: Meth has some very nasty side effects. Accelerated tooth decay, skin lesions, psychosis, nasty stuff. How much of that is caused by unreacted precursor, and how much is due to the drug itself? Consider that it's often synthesized in makeshift labs with less than ideal quality control, and contains ingredients like Coleman fuel and road flares.

Since Heisenburg's blue is 99% pure, is it kind of like the difference between drinking Jose gold and top-shelf tequila? Reduced side effects? IRL do meth users really care? Would a less-nasty product move the stuff up the drug food chain?

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:
happy with the episode but wtf with the mike revelation to jesse?  "oh, saul told me.  cool, whatever."  there was so much potential backlash to jesse finding out about mike and that's it?  i also would have liked to see jesse think the bag was a bomb similar to killing gus....  as have him poke it with a broom or something before opening it, lol.

Saul told Jesse about the prison killings. He thinks that Mike just bugged out. imho.  

Yep. As far as everyone else is concerned, Mike just vanished. Walt gave him his bag and he drove off. If anyone finds out he's dead - at this point - it's just part of this business. Besides, Walt killing Mike seems like a start of a good joke rather than reality.

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Since Heisenburg's blue is 99% pure, is it kind of like the difference between drinking Jose gold and top-shelf tequila? Reduced side effects? IRL do meth users really care? Would a less-nasty product move the stuff up the drug food chain?
I think it was said the high was "higher" and lasted longer. Meth isn't anything new, either. It's been used in a pure form since the 1920's and reached it's height of popularity in WW2.

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Was the lawyer who was to flip killed in jail? I didn't recall seeing him get shanked or otherwise?

Yep... he was the first one shanked (while on the phone).

Hank really fumbled the ball on that one.

He finally lands a key witness/rat who's going to hand him Ermantraut, and he's not placed in PC or a safer facility?

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hank won't arrest Walt or turn him in either. He'll have a big emotional conflict and then resign from the DEA.

... Hank is a bulldog, his first loyalty will be to family.

Disagree.  

He just realized that Walt is a monster who had nine witnesses brutally murdered.

Not sure about that.  I think he figured out Walt is the cook, but I'm not sure he actually has figured out Walt is much more than that at this point.  Walt could easily be working for a new boss or Fring's successor for all Hank knows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The book was placed there as a red herring, but I can't see why.  Walter does not let his ego get in the way of careful planning.  Possibly an exit plan involving the DEA, with the story line being "I was only a cook, and I was forced into it" maybe?

That would be my story…

"needed money for cancer treatment, got desperate and tried
a loan shark, they found out I was a chemist and forced me to cook, threatened
to kill my family if I didn’t cook or if I went to the cops, they paid me but I
was their prisoner, that’s how we paid for your physical therapy, when the "Cartel”
killed Gus we were scared that’s why we sent the kids with you, but it all
seems to be over now and we just want to get on with our lives”….

Yadda… yadda… yadda…

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Eeehhh! I cant believe we have to wait almost another year! This season just started!
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Most significant shit in television history:

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hank won't arrest Walt or turn him in either. He'll have a big emotional conflict and then resign from the DEA.

Disagree.  

He just realized that Walt is a monster who had nine witnesses brutally murdered.

Not sure about that.  I think he figured out Walt is the cook, but I'm not sure he actually has figured out Walt is much more than that at this point.  Walt could easily be working for a new boss or Fring's successor for all Hank knows.

I'm thinking Hank will let out a chuckle, say something like, "yeah right", and finish his number 2.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Walt says he is out.  Who is the new cook?  todd the kid.  You just dont just get out of that business.

If I was pinkman I would bug out now.

I do not know how he would launder that kind of money but i would divide it up and hide it every where.

I guess if I were pinkman I would open a pawn shop and use it to launder the money.  On second thought he would have a hard time getting a ffl.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.  

Yeah he hasn't connected the dots that far, but he's got all he needs to stick his hand and forearm all the way up walt's ass in the next 8 episodes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Walt says he is out.  Who is the new cook?  todd the kid.  You just dont just get out of that business.

I do not know how he would launder that kind of money but i would divide it up and hide it every where.

I guess if I were pinkman I would open a pawn shop and use it to launder the money.  On second thought he would have a hard time getting a ffl.

Take it to Costa Rica.  GTFO.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Harder time getting a pawnshop license. At least here in Indiana they really check your financial background. An FFL wouldn't be too difficult as long as he doesn't have any felony convictions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.  

Yeah he hasn't connected the dots that far, but he's got all he needs to stick his hand and forearm all the way up walt's ass in the next 8 episodes.

But again, what can Hank really do?

He took money from the largest meth cook in SW America? He let him into his office, he took him on runs, he is his BIL?

Hank is proper fucked.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.  

But again, what can Hank really do?

He took money from the largest meth cook in SW America? He let him into his office, he took him on runs, he is his BIL?

Hank is proper fucked.

Oh I know. Thats gonna be the fun part.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I do not know how he would launder that kind of money

Better call Saul.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Shit just got real....
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Friends close. Enemies closer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Those prison hits were brutal. Someone did their homework.  

Reminded me of The Godfather when Michael simultaneously takes out the heads of the other families.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh I know. Thats gonna be the fun part.

But, will Hank think Walt was trying to kill him?

SO MANY QUESTIONS, UGH AN ENTIRE YEAR
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else thinking "WW" is Walt White, the "White Whale" (WW) of Moby Dick, and maybe Hank is "Ahab"?  Maybe just another parallel, but maybe Hank will pursue to his own demise, even though he could just walk away.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was said the high was "higher" and lasted longer. Meth isn't anything new, either. It's been used in a pure form since the 1920's and reached it's height of popularity in WW2.

probably more consistent effects too
never know from batch to batch what billy the trailer park cook used to pad out the volume of product
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#33]
What did Walt pay Todd's uncle for the 10 hits? Think those swastika-tat cons are just going to take away the pride of a job well done? I bet we haven't seen the last of them. Every action in this series has consequences. I bet they come back next season demanding a piece of the pie.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone else thinking "WW" is Walt White, the "White Whale" (WW) of Moby Dick, and maybe Hank is "Ahab"?  Maybe just another parallel, but maybe Hank will pursue to his own demise, even though he could just walk away.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Good joke, but true. One local high school hired a great chemistry teacher and worked in new science programs. Soon after, meth production hit an all time high. They busted a few of the "ring leaders" - High School Seniors.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#37]
WOW! It's on now.

I'd love for them to pick up right after Hank flushes to toilet. His acting job when he rejoins the family is something I'd like to see.

Walt is about to get bugged and tailed like there is no tomorrow, and Mike won't be around to help with the heat. Ironic, that.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shit just got real....

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.  

I'm thinking Hank will let out a chuckle, say something like, "yeah right", and finish his number 2.

I'm not saying that Walt will give that as an explanation; I'm saying Hank has not connected the dots that far, yet.  All he knows is that Walt is a meth cook, possibly even Heisenberg himself (and at the very least, associated with Heisenberg).  There's no context to make him think Walt is the new boss of whatever organization arranged for the deaths of the prisoners.

This makes me think of other predictions and suppositions where people think the cops, DEA, etc. know way more than they could possibly know or figure out under the circumstances, or would so so by, say, finding a glass jar.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's a five minute clip of Aaron Paul (Jesse) on Leno this summer, where they show highlights from his appearance on "The Price is Right" in 1998.
The only thing missing from his hyper showing are liberal exclamations of BITCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4fkspoGKM
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://m1.mattters.com/youtube/wugY6HNLOCo/large.jpg
second stage is cut
we're now in orbit
stabilizers up
running perfect
starting to collect
requested data
what will it effect
when all is done
thinks Major Tom

Five to one, baby
One in five
No one here gets out alive, now
You get yours, baby
I'll get mine
Gonna make it, baby
If we try

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

. I bet they come back next season demanding a piece of the pie.

I bet they own the entire pie right now.

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My bet is that the M-60 is for Todd's Uncle & Company.

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

My bet is that the M-60 is for Todd's Uncle & Company.

I think this is right.  I had thought it was for Declan but with the intro of the skinheads, this has changed.

Here's my prediction.

The next few episodes are about Hank and Walt playing cat & mouse.  Eventually Walt has to run, sacrificing himself for his family.  He'll want to keep Skyler from going to jail so she can raise the kids.  He's going to die anyway as the cancer is coming back.

Todd is smarter than he lets on (did anyone notice how he seemed to silently direct his uncle during the negotiation with Walt?).  With Walt out of the picture, he knows that Jesse can produce high quality meth.  And he doesn't particularly like Jesse.  It won't take much to get his uncle to 'persuade' Jesse to cook for them.

Walt will hear about this and will make his final amends by saving Jesse.  He can't do anything more for his family but he can save Jesse, who means as much to him as his own son.

I can even envision the first few episodes of '6th' season being Walt-only episodes as he ducks and weaves with the DEA and then a series of Jesse-only ones as we see him get entangled in a very bad situation.  At the end of that arc, word gets to Walt, now in hiding in NH, who returns to save his only friend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:My bet is that the M-60 is for Todd's Uncle & Company.

Yeah, kill the Nazi's...hiss!

I hate New Mexico Nazis...

Either way, I see Walt/Heisenberg going out in a proverbial Blaze of Glory, knee-deep in spent brass, screaming at the top of his lungs, and covered in other people's blood!

BRING IT, BITCHES!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#47]
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, MAN!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, MAN!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:My bet is that the M-60 is for Todd's Uncle & Company.

Yeah, kill the Nazi's...hiss!

I hate New Mexico Nazis...

Either way, I see Walt/Heisenberg going out in a proverbial Blaze of Glory, knee-deep in spent brass, screaming at the top of his lungs, and covered in other people's blood!

BRING IT, BITCHES!!!

Yep definitely. The only fitting way for this show to go out.

Page / 163
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top