Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2012 6:03:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
He was an interesting fellow, to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The FBI stole all of his files when he died.

Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTTT

In Before The Tesla Tards, who will attribute all sorts of wild bullshit to Tesla.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#4]
tesla is as smart as chuck norris is deadly.

Link Posted: 6/22/2012 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He didnt die,, he just went to his home planet. Like Elvis
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didnt die,, he just went to his home planet. Like Elvis

Rumor has it you cooked his last meal before departure
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Dupe from a while ago.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I am thinking he was literally from another world...guy was AMAZING...one of my heroes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome tinkerer, but VERY 'modest' scientist.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Tesla Generator = Free electricity for life

An electronics guy at work was talking about this the other day. I asked why he hadn't built one, he didn't have an answer

Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
He has to have lived somewhere near me
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#12]
also he coult almost definitely kill you witht his mind.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Need I go on?
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Awesome tinkerer, but VERY 'modest' scientist.

Edison was the tinkerer, and that's what drove Tesla up the wall when he worked for him.  Tesla was more analytical.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#15]
If he had been successful with some of his inventions.  The EPA would just ban them...
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If he had been successful with some of his inventions.  The EPA would just ban them...

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The EPA did not exist when Tesla was around. It would be nearly 50 years after his death before someone even thought up the EPA.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Nikola Tesla on Christianity

by Warriors for Christ on Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:33pm ·

"So we find that the three possible solutions of the great problem of increasing human energy are answered by the three words: food, peace, work.

Many a year I have thought and pondered, lost myself in speculations and theories, considering man as a mass moved by a force, viewing his inexplicable movement in the light of a mechanical one, and applying the simple principles of mechanics to the analysis of the same until I arrived at these solutions, only to realize that they were taught to me in my early childhood.

These three words sound the key-notes of the Christian religion.
Their scientific meaning and purpose now clear to me:
food to increase the mass,
peace to diminish the retarding force,
and work to increase the force accelerating human movement.

These are the only three solutions which are possible of that great problem, and all of them have one object, one end, namely, to increase human energy.
When we recognize this, we cannot help wondering how profoundly wise and scientific and how immensely practical the Christian religion is, and in what a marked contrast it stands in this respect to other religions.

It is unmistakably the result of practical experiment and scientific observation which have extended through the ages, while other religions seem to be the outcome of merely abstract reasoning.

Work, untiring effort, useful and accumulative, with periods of rest and recuperation aiming at higher efficiency, is its chief and ever-recurring command.
Thus we are inspired both by Christianity and Science to do our utmost toward increasing the performance of mankind.
This most important of human problems I shall now specifically consider."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxAiQWsaeQ

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Tesla’S Ethics — Presentation Transcript

* 1. TESLA’s Ethics and Wireless Energy TransmissionBy Nikola LoncharPresident and Founder of the Nikola Tesla Club in Philadelphia, PAwww.NikolaTeslaClub.comnikolateslainventorsclub@gmail.comArtwork By Boris Petrovic
   * 2. Tesla’s Birth+ Nikola Tesla was born on Midnight in between July 9th and 10th, 1856 in Lika, then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.+ Rumor has it, the Lika skies were filled with lightning on this night.+ Typically, Orthodox Christian children are christened at 40 days. Because of fear that Tesla might not survive, he was Christened the day after his birth. Tesla, of course lived to be quite old, dying on January 7, 1943 (Serbian Christmas)ABOVE: The house Nikola Tesla was born in, located in Smiljane, Lika. This house and church have been knocked down and rebuilt several times due to war.
   * 5. The Austro-Hungarian Empire 1815
   * 6. How Serbs Came to LikaOn June 28th, 1389 the Battle of Kosovo left Serbia under Turkish control for what would become a 500 year reign.The Austro-Hungarian Empire wanted to create a buffer zone to keep the Turks from moving farther into Europe.Serbs lived in the region from then, through WWI and WWII and were US allies in both wars.Lika became part of Yugoslavia after WWIDuring WWII, over 1 million Serbs were killed fighting the Germans and the Ustase; most of the Serbs who died were from this region.Lika is now part of Modern-day Croatia and few Serbs have remained, as the Yugoslavian civil war had many Serbian Casualties and Refugees from Lika and the surrounding region.
   * 7. Serbian MigrationLed by ArsenijeCarnojevic
   * 8. “Hardly is there a nation which has met with a sadder fate than the Serbians. From the height of its splendor, when the empire embraced almost the entire northern part of the Balkan peninsula and a large portion of what is now Austria, the Serbian nation was plunged into abject slavery, after the fateful battle of 1389 at the Kosovo Polje, against the overwhelming Asian hordes. Europe can never repay the great debt it owes to the Serbians for checking, by the sacrifice of its own liberty, that barbarian influx.” - Nikola Tesla
   * 10. Coming To AmericaTesla got his Elementary Education Gospic, LikaHe Then went to Gratz, Austria to study polytechnicsTesla began to work in Maribor, Slovenia before continuing his education in Prague, Czech Republic.After completing his Education in Prague, Tesla moved to Budapest, Hungary where he worked with telephone technologyHe then moved to Paris, where he was recruited by the Russian government and offered his own laboratory and funding for all of his experiments.Despite his abundant opportunities, Tesla chose New York City as his new home, where he began to work for Thomas Edison in 1884.Tesla always proclaimed himself a proud American.
   * 11. Tesla’s Science and InvetionsTesla’s A/C Electricity was a catalyst to the worldwide industrial revolution that took place at the turn of the 20th Century. Tesla’s contributions to broadcasting have made our modern life possible.
   * 12. Tesla’s VisionElectric power is everywhere present in unlimited quantities and can drive world's machinery without the need of coal, oil, gas, or any other fuels. - Nikola TeslaTesla has been dubbed the “Father of Free Energy” for his theory that the Earth produces unlimited energy, and that access to this energy and communications should be free for all people.What Happened to this project?
   * 13. Wardenclyffe TowerBuilt in 1901 and knocked down July 4th, 1917, this Tower was home to Tesla’s “World Wireless” project.Tesla owed a debt to the owner of New York City’s Waldorf Astoria Hotel, where Tesla lived much of his life, and gave the owner title to his part of the tower and labs. Did the owner actually knock the tower down or did someone else?Where are the documents?
   * 14. “My project was retarded by laws of nature.The world was not prepared for it. It was too far ahead of time.But the same laws will prevail in the end and make it a triumphal success”-Nikola Tesla, speaking of his “World Wireless” project on Long IslandTesla’s vague statement has led to much debate over why the project ended.JP Morgan financed Tesla’s project, retaining a controlling share of the patents and project. One theory is that JP Morgan withdrew funding upon finding out that Tesla wanted access to the energy to be free for all people.A second theory is that Tesla’s project was not technologically feasible at the time and that Tesla stopped his work because he could go no further.The theory I will discuss today is that Tesla stopped the project for ethical reasons.If the project were successful: What would have happened at the time?What would happen if the project were actualized today?What will happen in the future if the project is completed as Tesla hoped?
   * 15. Tesla’S project today"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."- Nikola TeslaUnder the leadership of Dr. VelimirAbramovic, a professor at the University of Belgrade, scientists from all over the world are in the process of constructing a laboratory where they hope to continue Tesla’s research by bringing together all of Tesla’s paperwork and some of the world’s greatest minds.The Nikola Tesla Inventor’s Club has pitched a similar idea to Google for Project 10. Professor Abramovic and I shared this vision and have begun to work together on making Tesla’s vision a reality.
   * 16. Tesla’s Ethical Concerns"Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment." - Nikola Tesla"Science is but a perversion of itself unless it has as its ultimate goal the betterment of humanity." - Nikola TeslaProfessor Abramovic’s theory is that Tesla stopped work on his project for ethical reasons. He feared that allowing for the possibility of free energy would
   * 17. Why Was Tesla Forgotten?War?Tesla didn’t have his own company/public relations?His work and legacy have not yet been finished?Something Else?
   * 18. " The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible. " Nikola TeslaTesla’s FaithSon of a Serbian Orthodox Christian Priest, Nikola Tesla had many priests (and military officers) in his family.Tesla had the following conversation with Bishop NikolajVelimirovic (LEFT)Bishop Velimirovic: Have you ever seen Electricity?Tesla: No, but I know it exists. It’s like God; we don’t see him, but we know he exists.In the Orthodox Christian tradition, Nikola Tesla put a very high value on forgiveness and forgave many of his unscrupulous business partners.Tesla was a believer. He actually respected all religions. He was particularly fond of Veda teachings (Hinduism) and met with Swami Vivekananda
   * 19. “Aristotle stated that there is an independent higher spirit in cosmic space - enteleheia. This spirit sets matter in motion and thought is his main attribute. In the same way, Tesla believed that a uniform Cosmos is joint in its material and spiritual sense. There is some nucleus in cosmic space, from which we take all strength, inspiration, and which attracts us forever. Tesla felt its power and its values, which it sends all around the Universe and keeps in harmony. He couldn’t guess the secret of this nucleus but he knew that it existed, and when he wanted to give it some material attribute, he ascribed that it is LIGHT, and when he tried to understand its spiritual principle, then it was BEAUTY and SYMPATHY. A man who keeps this (religion) in himself, feels strong, works with joy because he feels himself as a part of universal harmony.”-Dr. VelimirAbramovic
   * 20.  "The Saint of Science has died...even now, from the Tesla dead, people are expecting miracles..." -New York Times, January 8th, 1943
   * 21. Canonization Ever since I was a child, I viewed Nikola Tesla as more than a man. His work has impacted our daily lives in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I have made it my personal mission to have Tesla’s birthnight (Midnight on July 9-10th) be designated as a holiday for those of us who want to realize Tesla’s dream of making unlimited energy accessible to all. I have also begun a petition to the Serbian Orthodox Church for the Canonization of Nikola Tesla. So far, I have been met with lots of support .

http://www.slideshare.net/tesliana/teslas-ethics

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#20]
According to arfcom IQ polls hes average at best.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he had been successful with some of his inventions. The EPA would just ban them...

The EPA did not exist when Tesla was around. It would be nearly 50 years after his death before someone even thought up the EPA.

Someone?  You mean 50 years before Nixon created the EPA.  But hey at least he had an R behind his name when he created, can't let the Democrats win.  Just like with Bush created the TSA, another agency everyone just loves.  At least someone with an R did it.  Go Romney because he absolutely terrible but at least he has an R.    Since we are talking about history, I thought I would just point that out.

I would be nice to have a President and Congress that actually supported the little guy who tinkers by removing a lot of the regulations and red tape that has been created.  It has gotten to the point where a farmer can't grow wheat for his own use because it "affects interstate commerce" since he doesn't have to buy from anyone else.  In today's climate Tesla's would be in jail for some type of violation and his ideas stolen by a company with enough pull to get whoever was in power to look the other way while they developed it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
IBTTT

In Before The Tesla Tards, who will attribute all sorts of wild bullshit to Tesla.

He stuffs animals like no other man!
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTTT

He stuffs animals like no other man!
Is that a freak lighting storm in your house?

Nope...

Chuck Tesla.

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#24]
He was the Lord of the Lightning (though socially frightening)
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Once he gained control of the loc-nar he got the girl with the boobs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#26]
A very interesting guy, I wish I could fully comprehend his work.

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A very interesting guy, I wish I could fully comprehend his work.

My Dad had a PHD in electrical engineering of one form or another and He didint get much of Tesla, and he tried for a few years..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top