Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's myself (crew chief) and my pilot.  You can see the pilot carrying an M9 on his chest.  The blue sticker is on the bottom of the magazine in the pistol.  Probably hard to tell...  But our pilots always carry M9s when in deployed locations.  They carry nothing when at homestation.

Backstory to the picture.  The flag we were holding was flown for an Air Force NCO that was KIA.  I have a link to his story somewhere... I'll have to find it.  I was honored to be the crew chief launching out that jet.

Link Posted: 6/20/2012 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
my dad flew b-47s and kc-135s.  he was issued a .38 revolver, but carried his own 1911 in the cockpit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the 38s the 'nam guys carried were loaded with 3 rounds of ammo and three flare's for signaling (sometimes 2/4). It was more for a signaling device before the gyro jets than a SD weapon.

Link Posted: 6/20/2012 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember vividly seeing Glocks in the survival vests of the F-15E aircrews at my base either immediately after 11 September or during an ORE/ORI. I remember because they never wore the survival vests day-to-day and it attracted my attention.

No you didn't

Ok, if you say so.  

I didn't say I could prove it, but I saw it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wondering

Taurus Judge

only for air to air though
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top