Site Notices
7/31/2014 7:43:02 PM
Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
PsychoPolitical Master & King of the PureSkins(TM)
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 3:53:16 PM
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Originally Posted By texasaggie:
The uk scrapped their last aircraft carrier and can no longer project power like in the last war. To think that your enemies will not take full advantage is naive.

Bring it on, mate!

http://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/uks-trident-nuclear-sub1.jpg

Hard to effect an invasion when you cannot support it by sea. Airlift is great . . . if the planes aren't gettting shot down on their way over.

Actually, there are three components to the Falkland's defense that are already in place.

a) nuclear sub that can prevent ANY attempted ship-borne landing.
b) substantial British troop presence & missile batteries that can take out planes attempting to land
c) British naval missile vessel that has a radar/fire control system so advanced that some analysts believe it alone could take out all South American air forces simultaneously Certainly the Argentinian air force would barely cause it to even break a sweat, as its missiles wiped the old crappy planes from the sky.

If the Argies tried a full-scale assault tomorrow morning, the British could easily repel it, without having to get any additional forces or reinforcements send to the area.

The Argentinian bitch is all bark, and it's all to try to distract her people from her gross mismanagement of the country.

I think the biggest problem the RN would have would be missile resupply. I imagine one or two Pucaras might manage a strafing run of some random pasture or two but that's about it.

True, but the Dauntless carries at least 48 missiles (don't know if they have spares on board, or only have the 48). Considering (as you pointed out) that the Typhoons could easily take out a big chunk of any incoming aircraft wing, and land-based missiles batteries could take some out as well - I don't think the Dauntless would run out of missiles, even if the Argies threw everything they could possibly get into the air at the islands simultaneously.
This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !
CBR900
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 3:53:23 PM
That batty cow actually argued that the right to self-determination of peoples does not exist because the U.N. has not declared the existance of this universal human right and recognized international law.

By her reasoning, the tiny percentage of indiginous Argentinians should march into Buenos Aires and demand that 90% of the population FO back to Italy & Spain from where that 90% originated (never mind the fact that it was over a century ago & they might not want to go).

At least Argentina should negociate with thier indiginous population about vacating the land, right?
Spade
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:02:24 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 4:02:47 PM by Spade]
Originally Posted By CBR900:
That batty cow actually argued that the right to self-determination of peoples does not exist because the U.N. has not declared the existance of this universal human right and recognized international law.

By her reasoning, the tiny percentage of indiginous Argentinians should march into Buenos Aires and demand that 90% of the population FO back to Italy & Spain from where that 90% originated (never mind the fact that it was over a century ago & they might not want to go).

At least Argentina should negociate with thier indiginous population about vacating the land, right?

No no no! You see, because the people in Argentina are kinda sorta brownish (but not really) and don't speak English that means we're supposed to think of them as an oppressed minority and totally forget the fact that they're all descended from European imperialists who owned slaves and massacred the native population.
nukldragr
nukldragr
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:07:28 PM
Originally Posted By Bradders:
Now the daft bint's demanding talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18453372

Hopefully one day she'll learn to stop poking before they get hurt again

Go Brits
"Tommy this an Tommy that'
an Tommy 'owes yer soul?"
"But it's the thin red line o heroes when the drums begin to roll."

"dying's for fools"
Charlie Sheen
UKjohn
16/4/12
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:07:41 PM

Originally Posted By CBR900:

fuck Argentian and fuck the UN too.

"While Fernandez swept into the conference room with a delegation of more than 90 Argentines including ministers and political opponents, the Falklands was represented by the two lawmakers and six young islanders. When Fernandez was introduced, she was applauded and after her lengthy speech she received sustained applause. After the Falklands representatives spoke, there was the usual silence. "

from here
MADE IN ENGLAND

By usptac:
Sadly, there are mass graves all over Europe, full of the wrong people.

by sherrick13
Shit, you Brits would stir shit up just to keep the others off balance.
Evilriflefan
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:11:05 PM
The uk scrapped their last aircraft carrier and can no longer project power like in the last war. To think that your enemies will not take full advantage is naive.

Hope their ships and planes have cloaking devices. Last I heard they had a SSN lurking and an Aegis plus type destroyer cruising around.
dport
Bringing back the BB - one 16-inch shell at a time
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:19:34 PM

True, but the Dauntless carries at least 48 missiles (don't know if they have spares on board, or only have the 48). Considering (as you pointed out) that the Typhoons could easily take out a big chunk of any incoming aircraft wing, and land-based missiles batteries could take some out as well - I don't think the Dauntless would run out of missiles, even if the Argies threw everything they could possibly get into the air at the islands simultaneously.

No reloads.
It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.
~ George Washington
iggy1337
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:27:30 PM
Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Ironically I would sink my Belgrano into her.

With your Pink Torpedo in her bottom?

Nah I'm a cruiser not a destroyer, but enough double entendre;

I actually did some looking into the Argentinean claim and that stuff is based on virtually fuck all and is a bout as credible as Germany claiming the Channel Islands

Originally Posted By rabidus:
They can go create their own liberal human centipede since they're used to eating each others shit
panzerattack41
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:32:22 PM

Slap her with the ole Exocet!
Roses are red, violets are blue, horses that lose are turned into glue!
DK-Prof
PsychoPolitical Master & King of the PureSkins(TM)
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:33:14 PM
Originally Posted By dport:

No reloads.

Thanks.

This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !
SilentType
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:33:57 PM
Well, the UK has given up all its other colonies what's the big deal?
wingnutx
Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:36:54 PM

Originally Posted By SilentType:
Well, the UK has given up all its other colonies what's the big deal?

This would be like giving Australia to Japan.

Arfcom's Razor: All other things being equal, the correct answer is usually "conspiracy".
4bangin
It's a state of mind
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:39:17 PM
What are the Falklands?

Only Islands down there are the Malvina's I thought.

Bones45
Amalgamated
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:40:59 PM

With your Pink Torpedo in her bottom?

Nah I'm a cruiser not a destroyer, but enough double entendre;

I actually did some looking into the Argentinean claim and that stuff is based on virtually fuck all and is a bout as credible as Germany claiming the Channel Islands

Based on the lunatic ravings of a madwoman. Actually, that's insulting to lunatics, ravers and the mad. She's waving the Falklands around like a big, fat red herring knowing full well it's all bullshit. Makes me want to go down there and donate a few cans of ammo.

I think the Falklands just became my dream vacation spot.
Hitler had nothing on us: 4 million abandoned animals euthanized every year. Spay. Neuter. Rescue.
AcidGambit
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:41:04 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 4:42:45 PM by AcidGambit]
UKjohn
16/4/12
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:41:37 PM

Originally Posted By 4bangin:
What are the Falklands?

your map ,,, it's broke
MADE IN ENGLAND

By usptac:

by sherrick13
UKjohn
16/4/12
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:44:41 PM

Originally Posted By AcidGambit:
Agent provocateur

and it's not even Sunday yet

MADE IN ENGLAND

By usptac:

by sherrick13
SeanTX
archer ~ arrow
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:45:57 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 4:46:44 PM by SeanTX]
UK diplomatic team underway to begin talks.

dport
Bringing back the BB - one 16-inch shell at a time
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:49:07 PM

What are the Falklands?

Choke yourself.
It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.
~ George Washington
LuvBUSHmaster
ESTO VIR "Be a Man"
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:50:16 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 4:51:18 PM by LuvBUSHmaster]
Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
Cuntpunch.jpg

edit
Coe said, "I can kill a crow on the wing".

Hickok replied, "Did the crow have a pistol? Was he shooting back? I will be."

(Coe then dies from Hickok's set of Colt 1851 Navy Percussion Pistols)
Krink
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:51:11 PM
shes pushing for a bitch slap
if it wasn't for the lives that would be lost I would say that I hope she gets what she's asking for
gearjammer351
The Ayatollah of rock-n-rollah
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:53:38 PM
What are the Falklands?

The issue was resolved, decisively, in 1982.

They're the Falklands.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
-Oscar Wilde
4bangin
It's a state of mind
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:57:50 PM
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:
What are the Falklands?

The issue was resolved, decisively, in 1982.

They're the Falklands.

<–– goes and gets white out and a marker.....
Teamer
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:11:17 PM
Hmm, Argentina hasn't improved it's military at all. While the Brits have got the latest and greatest (though a lot less of it). How many more Argentinian's die this time for a fools illusions of adequacy.
A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work
SuperSixOne
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:19:37 PM
The U.K.'s aircraft carriers R08 and R09 are under construction. First one entering service in 2016 I believe.
brassburn
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:35:29 PM
Wouldn't they have a tender ship down there with her for stuff like at-sea refueling and rearming? I don't know jack shit about naval operations but I can't imagine that thing would have to go back to shore and tie up to the pier to take on fuel and missiles in that remote part of the world.

Originally Posted By dport:

No reloads.

Alien
Not the illegal kind...
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:37:25 PM
[Last Edit: 6/15/2012 5:38:12 PM by Alien]

Yeah, but we've got two more big ones being built. So if they want to kick off then it might take us a bit longer but are will still go down there and fuck them up.

besides, we have subs and advanced interceptors in the area, not to mention a larger garrison than before.

http://www.marinebuzz.com/marinebuzzuploads/HMSQueenElizabethandHMSPrinceOfWalestoJo_9377/Comparison_with_other_Carriers.jpg

http://www.ssa.org.uk/store/58e936f7b69fee10f6aa8c936c6581d6.jpg

Damn, they build that shit indoors? Don't we build all of our ships out in the open without an enclosure surrounding it?
Please tell me what you had for breakfast.
Lord_Grey_Boots
Another misplaced Canuck.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:52:07 PM

The islands are the aircraft carrier this time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
-ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ-
When I hear hoof beats, I look for horses, not zebras. Some folks look for unicorns.
Page:  / 2
Next Page