Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had to fight about 10-15 people high on bath salts.  I basically live in the town where they were first mass marketed.  They are awful.  They will fuck your brain ten ways from Sunday (if they don't straight up kill you, or get you into a situation where you will be shot by police).  I have no difficulty believing the "eating people" thing.  My first bath salts call?  22 year old kid (previous meth junkie) RAPED his grandmother and fought my backup and I for 5 minutes   My Sgt. hit him about 15-20 times with an asp, full swing.  OC had minimal effect.  I found the grandmother naked, crying in the backyard.  

So yeah, go ahead, try 'em out.  I'm sure you'll love it.  And fuck the government for trying to get a handle on them.  

That being said, I am so glad that the government has put a blanket ban on them in my state.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have had to fight about 10-15 people high on bath salts. I basically live in the town where they were first mass marketed. They are awful. They will fuck your brain ten ways from Sunday (if they don't straight up kill you, or get you into a situation where you will be shot by police). I have no difficulty believing the "eating people" thing. My first bath salts call? 22 year old kid (previous meth junkie) RAPED his grandmother and fought my backup and I for 5 minutes My Sgt. hit him about 15-20 times with an asp, full swing. OC had minimal effect. I found the grandmother naked, crying in the backyard.

So yeah, go ahead, try 'em out. I'm sure you'll love it. And fuck the government for trying to get a handle on them.

That being said, I am so glad that the government has put a blanket ban on them in my state.

Riveting story bro.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It would appear to anyone with some basic knowledge of drug abuse that the synthetic stimulants being sold as "bath salts" bring about a form of amphetamine psychosis in a much shorter time than is usually common amongst abusers of classic amphetamines.

I remember reading a long article in Reader's Digest around '94 about the horrors of methamphetamine use; stories of people hacking up loved ones believing them to be evil, hiding in treetops terrified of aliens, generally just unable to separate reality from their own delusions.

These are classic amphetamine psychosis symptoms, almost identical to what we are seeing with "bath salts", but, generally speaking, amphetamine psychosis is typically the result of long term amphetamine abuse often couple with days of sleep deprivation.

According to the reports by users, this psychosis can manifest itself within hours of using bath salts, unlike standard amphetamines.

This is what makes them particularly more dangerous to the user and public as opposed to the more common stimulants.

For an idea what amphetamine psychosis is like, the main character in the movie Spun is suffering from a classic form of amphetamine psychosis (rekindling lost romantic relationships):

On a speed bender, he convinces himself that he can get back with his ex girlfriend (delusion) and in the process of trying to "win her back" forgets about the stripper tied up in his apartment...for days, thinking that she is somehow safer there

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283003/

Speed

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the CDC cover story to avoid panic. They don't want you to know that Z-day has come and gone.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is it?
A synthetic, stimulant powder product that contains amphetamine-like chemicals, including mephedrone, which may have a high risk for overdose. Because the drug is new and some of the contents unknown, using it in any way is highly dangerous.10 Right now, bath salts are illegal in a growing number of U.S. states, as well as foreign countries like Canada, Australia and Great Britain.11

The Risks
Between January and February 2011, there were over 250 calls to U.S. poison centers related to bath salts. This is well over the 236 calls received for all of 2010.10 Bath salts are a dangerous drug whose full risks and effects are still unknown. What doctors at poison centers have reported is that bath salts can cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pains, agitation, hallucinations, extreme paranoia and delusions.10

abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsbathsalts

I've had a few bath salts calls.

A female who upon smoking it for the first time called 911 because "her brain wouldnt stop vibrating in her head"

A male who after long term use was "hiding" on top of a vending machine in the walmart parking lot because "mountain lions were stalking him."

A female long term user who barracaded herself in a church bathroom during sunday services.

Talked to two kids shortly after they smoked it for the first time. One told me he didnt really notice any effect. The other said it made him really paranoid.

No two batches are the same and the effects seem rather unpredictable.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
not turn people into cannibals, but they can do some pretty fucked up shit to you, especially if you do enough of them
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It would appear to anyone with some basic knowledge of drug abuse that the synthetic stimulants being sold as "bath salts" bring about a form of amphetamine psychosis in a much shorter time than is usually common amongst abusers of classic amphetamines.

I remember reading a long article in Reader's Digest around '94 about the horrors of methamphetamine use; stories of people hacking up loved ones believing them to be evil, hiding in treetops terrified of aliens, generally just unable to separate reality from their own delusions.

These are classic amphetamine psychosis symptoms, almost identical to what we are seeing with "bath salts", but, generally speaking, amphetamine psychosis is typically the result of long term amphetamine abuse often couple with days of sleep deprivation.

According to the reports by users, this psychosis can manifest itself within hours of using bath salts, unlike standard amphetamines.
This is what makes them particularly more dangerous to the user and public as opposed to the more common stimulants.

Speed

Well said. I agree 100%
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not exactly being made with FDA QC review in place
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's the issue.

You don't know which of the chemicals you're getting.

In what dosage, in which combination, and if there is something you didn't plan on being in there.

China sucks like that.

So... if you don't know how much to use, or even what you're using in the first place, how can anyone predict the result?

This is an incredibly stupid thing to fuck with. Incredibly stupid.

Not even taking into account people using this in "cocktail" form, and not drugs individually.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Bonnevillain, why did you pose the question if you're going to summarily discount anyone who disagrees with your preconceived notions or who claims to have first hand experience?

If you really think they're so harmless, try 'em out.  See how that goes for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My assumption is: most of these people are schizophrenic already.

Also, I'd assume that this shit happens every single day, the media has just decided to pickup on it and run with it - for whatever reason.

This guy said it. Like Bill Cosby said in Bill Cosby Himself(about cocaine, but it fits other drugs)-"It intensifies your personality". If you're an asshole...
If you're an already unstable person, smoking a substance designed to turn off all common sense receptors-known as "getting high", you will be more unstable than before.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
As I've said before on ARFCOM, I work at a psychiatric hospital (RN).  I've seen what they can do to an individual.  I've known patients that were repeat customers that came in after bath salt  use and were TOTALLY different people.  Fucked up mind is an understatement.  

It doesn't have the same effect on everyone everytime.  

I ldon't have a problem with legalizing MJ.  In fact I think it should be legal.  These bath salts are a whole different animal.  You wouldn't say bullshit if you;ve seen the  effects on people that I have personally witnessed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Eating faces...maybe not.  But it can cause psychosis in many cases.  People are more likely to eat their gun than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hallucinations? Yes. I'm sure the effects differ, depending on the person.

This. It might make people taste real good, it might make you hungry for flesh...
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bonnevillain, why did you pose the question if you're going to summarily discount anyone who disagrees with your preconceived notions or who claims to have first hand experience?

If you really think they're so harmless, try 'em out.  See how that goes for you.

I agree. I think you should try several different batches of bath salts as soon as possible, in the interests of science. Since they are different every time, you can tell us all how they are all harmless. Better get busy. I triple dog dare you.

Also, your title should read "Bath Salts: Do they really make you want to eat other people?" not, "Bath Salts. Do they really want to make you eat other people?"
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I buy it I've experienced first hand what hallucinogens + schizophrenia looks like and it ain't pretty.  Shoot you don't have to look any further than the Manson murders to figure that out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Dude, everything tastes better with salt on it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I dont think they are harmless, and I wouldn't doubt they make you batshit crazy like LSD and other hallucinogens could.  But do they actually turn people into a fucking zombie cannibals?  Does snorting bath salts trigger a chemical in ones brain to desire human flesh like smoking weed gives you the munchies?  That is the question I posed.  I don't believe they do for a fucking millisecond.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No kidding.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't buy it.

Crazy people are crazy.  Crazy people on drugs are still crazy.

And to this day I have not seen a lab report that supposedly shows the Miami face eater was in fact on "bath salts".  Just some bullshit plattitudes about how it's "difficult to test for".  

Whatever.  This stuff has apparently been sold for several years, and it has a rep for making some people do some crazy shit, but no doubt that same person would do shit just as crazy if they were just drunk.

It's difficult to get lab tests for this as the test ist commercially available yet. Oly a handful of places run the GC/MS to confirm it. Andright now o one is oing o test for it as the treatment is supportive care and let the ride the shit out.

And yes, the people who get high on this shit are psychotic for days to weeks. The bad cases I say fuck it, sedated the hell out of them and put them on a ventilator till they calm down. Especially when they try and bite.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I dont think they are harmless, and I wouldn't doubt they make you batshit crazy like LSD and other hallucinogens could.  But do they actually turn people into a fucking zombie cannibals?  Does snorting bath salts trigger a chemical in ones brain to desire human flesh like smoking weed gives you the munchies?  That is the question I posed.  I don't believe they do for a fucking millisecond.

They don't turn the person into a zombie per se, but they turn the person violent  and paranoid. NOT a good combination.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#26]
My squadron had a dude who did them.  Fortunately, he was prevented from drilling into his own skull to get to the mind control device.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't turn the person into a zombie per se, but they turn the person violent  and paranoid. NOT a good combination.
Again, not what I was asking.  Do bath salts make people want to eat flesh like weed gives you the munchies.  I say fuck no.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, Ok bro.  I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

We are having to deal with a whacked out bath salts person EVERY DAY around here. It is a GROWING problem, and no laughing matter

Yeah no shit. I have a friend who works in an ER.
it IS a problem. This is not a joint or a few beers we're talking about here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, not what I was asking.  Do bath salts make people want to eat flesh like weed gives you the munchies.  I say fuck no.

Of course they don't and it's only become a sick joke that they do. OTOH,doing meth won't always make you shoot your best buddy with a bow and arrow because you've been tweeking for 3 days and think he's going to rob you...but it's happened.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

TAG cause I have no idea what this bath salt thing is all about

LIES!

Your avatar has already had its face eaten off.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course they don't and it's only become a sick joke that they do. OTOH,doing meth won't always make you shoot your best buddy with a bow and arrow because you've been tweeking for 3 days and think he's going to rob you...but it's happened.
Yes, but the media and .gov is trying hard to link them together, no matter how bullshit it is.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hallucinations? Yes. I'm sure the effects differ, depending on the person.

This. It might make people taste real good, it might make you hungry for flesh...

Yup, sounds like just one of many ways it could mess someone up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If the person is psychotic enough, anything is possible. Humans are a depraved species with a thin veneer of civility in the best of times.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the person is psychotic enough, anything is possible. Humans are a depraved species with a thin veneer of civility in the best of times.

If a person is psychotic enough they will do anything anyway.  Again, not what I am asking.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm calling bullshit.  Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit.  More government control.  Reminds me of this.

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/marijuana_propaganda_poster1.jpg

So, I take it YOU think "Bath Salts" are as harmless as pot..
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm calling bullshit.  Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit.  More government control.  Reminds me of this.

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/marijuana_propaganda_poster1.jpg

So, I take it YOU think "Bath Salts" are as harmless as pot..
I take it you need better comprehension skills.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If a person is psychotic enough they will do anything anyway.  Again, not what I am asking.

You don't seem to get it that these bath salts bring out behaviors that are not normally displayed in their users
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that "bath salts" is the street slang/term for a mix of cocaine/LSD and something else don't you?

Try again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't seem to get it that these bath salts bring out behaviors that are not normally displayed in their users

So these bath salts make you want to eat flesh like weed gives you the munchies?  IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?  Because THAT is what I am asking.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#41]
"Bath salts" are fucked up but I do not believe all the of the hype about it.

Imagine if the media hated alcohol.. One beer and a man will rape and beat his wife,smack his children,drive cars and kill people and walk around with no pants on and experience freakishly long urnitation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the media and .gov is trying hard to link them together, no matter how bullshit it is.

Which part of the CDC saying zombies don't exist was trying to link them together?  Maybe the media because of the public infatuation with zombies in recent years but I struggle to see how the government is.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Imagine if the media hated alcohol.. One beer and a man will rape and beat his wife,smack his children,drive cars and kill people and walk around with no pants on and experience freakishly long urnitation.
Exactly.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How many people on bath salts have you dealt with?
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I mean no offense by this but you asked kind of a stupid question.  Thats like asking if drinking alcohol really makes you put lamp shades on your head.  Its not a predictable side affect.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, Ok bro.  I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

We are having to deal with a whacked out bath salts person EVERY DAY around here. It is a GROWING problem, and no laughing matter

he either uses it, is ignorant, or has no real idea to the effects of....

its a pure chemical, not that different then meth...but no one should impede on your freeeeeeeedom, so smoke away

So is this stuff smoked, snorted or injected?  

Meth can be used all three ways...
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I think you should try several different batches of bath salts as soon as possible, in the interests of science. Since they are different every time, you can tell us all how they are all harmless. Better get busy. I triple dog dare you.

Also, your title should read "Bath Salts: Do they really make you want to eat other people?" not, "Bath Salts. Do they really want to make you eat other people?"

+1

Maybe he could go to the tattoo parlor where the Nazis threatened his family and eat their faces off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I haven't read any stories that claim using bath salts causes a desire to eat people. From what I read, bath salts gives you hallucinations and that is what makes you eat people. Maybe you think they're a tasty sandwich, maybe you think they are an alien and eating them is only way to save the human race. Whatever you hallucinate is irrelevant, it's the fact that you are hallucinating that's the outcome.

Does it make you eat people? - Possibly but not always
Should it be illegal? - Yes, IMO
Treating it like pot? - I don't think so. People back then didn't really smoke pot and eat people. People now really are using bath salts and eating people.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they don't turn people into zombies.  What they can do is cause a psychotic break.  In the right person, a psychotic break can result in a person doing utterly bizarre things like eating people's flesh, but they're still not zombies, they are just insane people who's break with reality resulted in strange things like trying to eat someone's face off.  In all likelihood, they probably didn't even believe that they were eating someone, they probably believed that they were doing any of a thousand different illogical things that resulted in them eating another person's flesh.  And, these psychotic breaks will result in other strange behaviors, some pathological and others benign.  You have no idea what bath salts will make you do at any given moment because even if you've used it before, chances are that the next time you use it you'll be getting a different cocktail of drugs.  You make your choices and you take your chances.  

Incidentally, they almost certainly can make a person who would have otherwise never have had an issue have a psychotic break, so don't get the idea that you're just talking about psychotic people who are exacerbated by the effects of these drugs.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top