Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:04:19 AM

Originally Posted By RoadDog:
Every time I meet a customer who is from Long Beach, I ask about the city to start up a friendly conversation. I ask because of the beach and I figure they must love the place and would enjoy talking about where they live. They always without fail have a negative response about the area. Sometimes the response would be with rolling eyes. It's always about the crime level so high and being dangerous. So I'm not too surprised about the officials.

I guess sun does not always mean fun in the sun.

-RoadDog

Way back when I used to play gun games I made a hat to wear to a State championship pistol match that read "I hate my gunsmith", the joke being that I did my own work so the gun's reliability was iffy. Oddly, when folks approached me the first thing they quietly asked was "Is it a Les Baer?" I had heard the name, but was unaware of the issue with his frames cracking and him not standing behind them.
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
warlord
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:24:43 AM
Every time I meet a customer who is from Long Beach, I ask about the city to start up a friendly conversation. I ask because of the beach and I figure they must love the place and would enjoy talking about where they live. They always without fail have a negative response about the area. Sometimes the response would be with rolling eyes. It's always about the crime level so high and being dangerous. So I'm not too surprised about the officials.

-RoadDog
For those who are not familiar with Long Beach CAlif, there are NO beaches in Long Beach, just miles and miles of concrete ship docks, and shipyards etc.

On Ocean Ave & Pine Ave, which has been redeveloped, used to be the "drudges" of L.B. Today it is a night life of hussle and bussle of restaurants, movie theaters, etc, and of course the Long Beach Aquarium and Convention Center. When I worked at the downtown L.B. 10 years ago, they used have crews of people steam cleaning the sidewalks every day.
Cowboy1967
Member... I worship at the alter on Nikki_Lane
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:31:20 AM
They decided not to pay Holder his protection money.. They will be made a lesson for all the others..
There's nothing more natural than a beaver."

Toran
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:12:50 AM
Originally Posted By texassooner:
Still no confirmation?

I can't find any this morning and so far no more news from the person who reported it. I have known the guy a number of years and he is usually reliable. Maybe not reliable anymore.
NotAFudd
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:24:12 AM
Originally Posted By toad1919:
In on one for the actual reason for the rade

Either you are Dutch, think their are multiple Rad involved in this, or you really like phonetic spelling.

I am usually not a grammar Nazi but come on.
The only thing I have learned about guns from the internet is no matter which ones I buy, they will suck and I will die. -me
Subnet
Round on the ends and high in the middle.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:37:15 AM
With so much drama in the LBC, it's kind of hard being being Snoop-d-o-double-g.
Originally Posted By SlipShot762:
...Sub drank me under the table, unbelievable! I remember thinking vaguely, "This pair of Subnet fuckers is cheating, pulling out the magical monkey juice for a last minute win!"
Star_Scream
Radio Personality
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:40:09 AM
Originally Posted By exilefromhell:
That would be awesome if true!

Even better if it was done no knock style

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Valar Morghulis
RangemasterP226
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:42:57 AM
Originally Posted By Toran:
I just heard from a friend who lives in southern California that the FBI is currently raiding the Long Beach City Hall and Police Department. Anyone got any idea what it is about?

Don't ya just love it when OPs post sensational news (with no details) and then find out there is no truth to it......
"This is a front row seat to the greatest show on earth"
Shenanigunz
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:45:27 AM
I find it hard to believe that the FBI would raid a local government, particularly if it were corruption or civil rights violations, and not have a huge press conference telling the world how important they are.

So, yeah, BS.
Some people claim to want to hear others views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:49:02 AM
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
I find it hard to believe that the FBI would raid a local government, particularly if it were corruption or civil rights violations, and not have a huge press conference telling the world how important they are.

So, yeah, BS.

Happend in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland). The press conference came later.
...Sub drank me under the table, unbelievable! I remember thinking vaguely, "This pair of Subnet fuckers is cheating, pulling out the magical monkey juice for a last minute win!"
Toran
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:49:42 AM

So, yeah, BS.

A lot of people have been expecting a raid on LB city government for a while, so the report wasn't entirely unexpected. But, there almost certainly would have been other news by now, so my friend is apparently mistaken/misled.
Tango7
Dirty minded pervert
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:50:14 AM
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
It's inconceivable that a Southern California beach town PD could be corrupt.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X_3IBDKPcEo/TiNwdAG73-I/AAAAAAAAAMk/dRrMENBxvwY/s1600/BigLebowski_197Pyxurz.jpg

Captain Dudley Smith says "keep your overt corruption down by mexico, boyo..."
Ammo at a gunfight is like bubblegum in grade school: If you haven't brought enough for everyone, you're in trouble - Kharn

LTC Chessani USMC - TYVM

Keep ur powdr dry- liberty tree's thirsty
JimEb
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:02:35 PM
Originally Posted By BlammO:
Bad address from an anonymous tip. The street number was off by one digit.

This
1387Delta
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:41:47 PM

Originally Posted By warlord:

-RoadDog
For those who are not familiar with Long Beach CAlif, there are NO beaches in Long Beach, just miles and miles of concrete ship docks, and shipyards etc.

On Ocean Ave & Pine Ave, which has been redeveloped, used to be the "drudges" of L.B. Today it is a night life of hussle and bussle of restaurants, movie theaters, etc, and of course the Long Beach Aquarium and Convention Center. When I worked at the downtown L.B. 10 years ago, they used have crews of people steam cleaning the sidewalks every day.

Little know fact: Long Beach has the largest gay population in the state of California. The Mongols have a large presence there as well. They also have a huge gang problem.

Long beach has some really nice areas.
akrado
Licensed Phrenologist
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:53:09 PM
"So much trouble in the LBC..."
Star_Scream
Radio Personality
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:54:38 PM

Originally Posted By 1387Delta:

Originally Posted By warlord:

-RoadDog

Little know fact: Long Beach has the largest gay population in the state of California. The Mongols have a large presence there as well. They also have a huge gang problem.

Long beach has some really nice areas.

Balanced by some of the shittiest areas in the region.
Valar Morghulis
COCKEDANDGLOCKED
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:00:38 PM
[Last Edit: 6/7/2012 1:03:39 PM by COCKEDANDGLOCKED]
I heard a police dog was shot during the raid...

... I just made that up.

But I thought GD could use something to fap to.
I'm from the government and I'm here to help... no, really!

Anonymity is a keyboard commando's best friend... well, that and his mom...
Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:01:44 PM
Originally Posted By COCKEDANDGLOCKED:
I heard a police dog was shot during the raid...

Does the universe divide by zero if the FBI shoots a K-9?
Schlange
They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:02:33 PM

Originally Posted By PugglePod9000:
Originally Posted By subjectofcalifornia:
Good Times!

"Aint we lucky we got 'em!"

http://www.blacktoptens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/good-timescast1.jpg

"I'm not saying I will, but if I was to kill thousands of unarmed people who can't run I'd say Leatherface had the right idea."
NAKED-GUNMAN
RockStar from Mars
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:03:34 PM
Operation Guns and Hoses?
Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
D. Elton Trueblood

TheYellowThing
Licensed to slouch
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:04:45 PM
Admiral_Crunch
Cranky & armed database admin
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:08:04 PM

Originally Posted By Tango7:
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
It's inconceivable that a Southern California beach town PD could be corrupt.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X_3IBDKPcEo/TiNwdAG73-I/AAAAAAAAAMk/dRrMENBxvwY/s1600/BigLebowski_197Pyxurz.jpg

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/3868-23812.gif

Captain Dudley Smith says "keep your overt corruption down by mexico, boyo..."

Should have won Best Picture.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite forum on the Citadel.
PantherArms762
We're Clever but we're clueless...
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:16:58 PM
Tag for inevitable let down.
PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.
DangerJ: Apparently you have to respect the diversity of this company and the fact that some dudes just like to jerk off into packed lunches.
PBIR
I want you to take a step back...
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:20:39 PM
I heard there was trouble when they got together with Compton.
Disillusioned political scientist, currently saving diseases and stamping out lives as a medical professional. Still coffee fueled and beer cooled.
NwG
BROWN COAT
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:24:56 PM
The USS Iowa is within range of a full broadside into downtown LB.

Let me tell my brother to get out of the building before she sends rounds down range.

Brother reports nothing odd going on at LBPD or city hall.
"Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man." poke
"Guess I'm just a good man." poke
Well, I'm all right.
TheGrayMan
Confusion, misdirection, obfuscation
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:25:28 PM
Originally Posted By Subnet:
With so much drama in the LBC, it's kind of hard being being Snoop-d-o-double-g.

Keep it rockin'...
"How can you know so little about this and be occupying a chair at the time that you do?"

-Christopher Hitchens to Ron Reagan Jr. on the topic of terrorism-
silver_back110
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:26:10 PM

So, yeah, BS.

THIS.
Qweevox
I practice the art of Zen and who gives a F##K
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:47:12 PM
It's just an exercise. The federal government isn't taking over Long Beach, they are just practicing. Good lord.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."---Thomas Jefferson
VrodRay
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:01:09 PM
Originally Posted By akrado:
"So much trouble in the LBC..."

It's kinda hard being Snoopy O Double G, But I.....Some how some way....
EBK
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:05:22 PM
[Last Edit: 6/7/2012 2:10:37 PM by EBK]
Originally Posted By JMD:
Maybe the police had showed up at a wrong address and shot a FBI agent's dog.

Only because they thought it was a charging gator
callgood
I'm not hiring until Obama's gone
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:08:29 PM

So, yeah, BS.

Maybe they want to net the slackers who roll in mid morning.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. — 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Star_Scream
Radio Personality
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:11:15 PM

Originally Posted By COCKEDANDGLOCKED:

But I thought GD could use something to fap to.

You know it would be funny.

The HRT comes in hard and fast with tanks, flashbangs and MP5/10s, the "safe" way no knock
Valar Morghulis
Page:  / 2
Next Page