User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Every time I meet a customer who is from Long Beach, I ask about the city to start up a friendly conversation.   I ask because of the beach and I figure they must love the place and would enjoy talking about where they live. They always without fail have a negative response about the area.  Sometimes the response would be with rolling eyes.  It's always about the crime level so high and being dangerous.  So I'm not too surprised about the officials.  

I guess sun does not always mean fun in the sun.

-RoadDog
For those who are not familiar with Long Beach CAlif, there are NO beaches in Long Beach, just miles and miles of concrete ship docks, and shipyards etc.

On Ocean Ave & Pine Ave, which has been redeveloped, used to be the "drudges" of L.B. Today it is a night life  of hussle and bussle of restaurants, movie theaters, etc, and of course the Long Beach Aquarium and Convention Center. When I worked at the downtown L.B. 10 years ago, they used have crews of people steam cleaning the sidewalks every day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]
They decided not to pay Holder his protection money.. They will be made a lesson for all the others..
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Still no confirmation?

I can't find any this morning and so far no more news from the person who reported it. I have known the guy a number of years and he is usually reliable. Maybe not reliable anymore.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In on one for the actual reason for the rade

Either you are Dutch, think their are multiple Rad involved in this, or you really like phonetic spelling.

I am usually not a grammar Nazi but come on.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
With so much drama in the LBC, it's kind of hard being being Snoop-d-o-double-g.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would be awesome if true!

Even better if it was done no knock style

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just heard from a friend who lives in southern California that the FBI is currently raiding the Long Beach City Hall and Police Department. Anyone got any idea what it is about?

Don't ya just love it when OPs post sensational news (with no details) and then find out there is no truth to it......
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I find it hard to believe that the FBI would raid a local government, particularly if it were corruption or civil rights violations, and not have a huge press conference telling the world how important they are.

So, yeah, BS.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I find it hard to believe that the FBI would raid a local government, particularly if it were corruption or civil rights violations, and not have a huge press conference telling the world how important they are.

So, yeah, BS.

Happend in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland). The press conference came later.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So, yeah, BS.

A lot of people have been expecting a raid on LB city government for a while, so the report wasn't entirely unexpected. But, there almost certainly would have been other news by now, so my friend is apparently mistaken/misled.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bad address from an anonymous tip.  The street number was off by one digit.  

This
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every time I meet a customer who is from Long Beach, I ask about the city to start up a friendly conversation.   I ask because of the beach and I figure they must love the place and would enjoy talking about where they live. They always without fail have a negative response about the area.  Sometimes the response would be with rolling eyes.  It's always about the crime level so high and being dangerous.  So I'm not too surprised about the officials.  

-RoadDog
For those who are not familiar with Long Beach CAlif, there are NO beaches in Long Beach, just miles and miles of concrete ship docks, and shipyards etc.

On Ocean Ave & Pine Ave, which has been redeveloped, used to be the "drudges" of L.B. Today it is a night life  of hussle and bussle of restaurants, movie theaters, etc, and of course the Long Beach Aquarium and Convention Center. When I worked at the downtown L.B. 10 years ago, they used have crews of people steam cleaning the sidewalks every day.

Little know fact:  Long Beach has the largest gay population in the state of California.  The Mongols have a large presence there as well.  They also have a huge gang problem.  

Long beach has some really nice areas.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#15]
"So much trouble in the LBC..."
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-RoadDog

Little know fact:  Long Beach has the largest gay population in the state of California.  The Mongols have a large presence there as well.  They also have a huge gang problem.  

Long beach has some really nice areas.  

Balanced by some of the shittiest areas in the region.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I heard a police dog was shot during the raid...

... I just made that up.

But I thought GD could use something to fap to.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I heard a police dog was shot during the raid...

Does the universe divide by zero if the FBI shoots a K-9?
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Times!

"Aint we lucky we got 'em!"

http://www.blacktoptens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/good-timescast1.jpg

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Operation Guns and Hoses?
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's inconceivable that a Southern California beach town PD could be corrupt.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X_3IBDKPcEo/TiNwdAG73-I/AAAAAAAAAMk/dRrMENBxvwY/s1600/BigLebowski_197Pyxurz.jpg

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/3868-23812.gif

Captain Dudley Smith says "keep your overt corruption down by mexico, boyo..."

Should have won Best Picture.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Tag for inevitable let down.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I heard there was trouble when they got together with Compton.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#25]
The USS Iowa is within range of a full broadside into downtown LB.

Let me tell my brother to get out of the building before she sends rounds down range.

Brother reports nothing odd going on at LBPD or city hall.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So, yeah, BS.

THIS.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#28]
It's just an exercise.   The federal government isn't taking over Long Beach, they are just practicing.   Good lord.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"So much trouble in the LBC..."

It's kinda hard being Snoopy O Double G, But I.....Some how some way....
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe the police had showed up at a wrong address and shot a FBI agent's dog.  

Only because they thought it was a charging gator
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So, yeah, BS.

Maybe they want to net the slackers who roll in mid morning.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

But I thought GD could use something to fap to.

You know it would be funny.

The HRT comes in hard and fast with tanks, flashbangs and MP5/10s, the "safe" way no knock

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top