Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/6/2012 3:12:03 PM EDT
I was walking home from class, and I pass by a building. As I walk by, I can see a white guy and a black guy kind of fighting, so I just said whatever and kept walking. I hear it getting worse, so I decide to turn back and see what was going on. I walk over and there are actually two white guys holding the black guy against a wall. I pull out my phone and decide to record it just in case. They identify themselves as officers (they were plain-clothes detectives). The guy continues to resist for 3 minutes until about 4 cop cars fly up. One of the detectives calls me out to have an officer come talk to me because he saw me filming. The officer I talk to was outstanding. All he wanted me to do was email it. He never tried to take my phone, ask what I was doing, etc. I thanked him for not trying to do any of that, he thanked me for cooperating and helping them out.

Not sure if it is a good idea to post the video or not, so I'll wait and see.

The point of this post? Not all cops dislike being filmed (although the one guy did ask me "seriously?" during the scuffle, but I think he was just adrenaline dumping and pissed off at the suspec

Dumbass was obviously resisting. I was laughing at the idiots around saying call the cops after I reviewed the video, but I guess these two detectives did need more help.

UPDATE: Here are his charges

Inmate Name:WILLIAMS, REGINALD MIKEL
Arrested:06/06/2012Booked:06/06/2012
Offense:DCS-COCAINE X 2, PCS-COCAINE X 2, ASSAULT PSO X 2
Arresting Officer:
Arresting Agency:BCSO
Agency Case No:JBEN112007067
Scheduled Release Date:/ /

Sex:MRace:BLACK
Height:6'2"Weight:200
Hair:BLKEyes:BRO

Total Fines:$ 0.00
Total Bond:$ 0.00
Total Bail:$ 312,500.00

CHARGE INFORMATION
OffenseDispositionSentence
DCS-COCAINE 2012B01490Open
DCS-COCAINE 2012B01490Open
PCS-COCAINE 2012B01490Open
PCS-COCAINE 2012B01490Open
ASSAULT PUBLIC S/O 2012B01490Open
ASSAULT PUBLIC S/O 2012B01490Open
RESISTING ARREST 2012B01490Open

UPDATE 6/7

Just got back from talking to the detectives. They wanted to record my side of the story as a witness. They asked me if I had heard them say they were Sheriff's, I said yes they did 2 or 3 times. They asked if I heard them say stop resisting, I said yes I heard them 2 or 3 times. They asked if I thought they were being too rough, I said not at all. They asked what I had said when the girl said "he's not resisting" and I answered saying "I told her he is resisting twice." They also asked if I thought he was resisting, and I said definitely, he would have been in custody in 2 seconds if he wasn't.

They thanked me for being such an awesome witness and being on their side, otherwise that girl could testify saying that he was not resisting and hurt their case. One of them ended up with a sprained or broken finger. They said it probably won't go to court, but if it does they will likely have me testify.

UPDATE 6/8

First, it looks like his 2 counts of assault on a police officer were dropped

Second, I pulled the video because it seems like it was starting to circulate past this site. There were some worldstarhiphop sort of comments being made, and one girl from corvallis who is friends with him wanting a copy of it to help out the "victim"
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you own a dog?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
post the video already.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  I would think the popo would rather watch it on the youtubes, just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
in for video
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to rotate the video first. Even though I filmed it straight up and down the whole time, my iPhone decided to record it flipped
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I guess for once Video or BS
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I need to rotate the video first. Even though I filmed it straight up and down the whole time, my iPhone decided to record it flipped

Youtube will let you rotate with one click
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

post the video already.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
post the video already.  

As much as I want OP to post the video, he probably shouldn't. Especially if you can get busted for filming the cops in your locale.

OP, if you do post it, wait until ≈30 days after you know the cops/detectives have had the opportunity to review it. Consider posting it with the "can only be viewed by people who have the link" restriction.

Either way, the cops are probably figuring it'll show up on Youtube.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 now get that puppy live

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
post the video already.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't do that.

Vertical Video Syndrome
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't know that... It's uploading right now.

Quoted:
Quoted:
post the video already.  

As much as I want OP to post the video, he probably shouldn't. Especially if you can get busted for filming the cops in your locale.

OP, if you do post it, wait until ≈30 days after you know the cops/detectives have had the opportunity to review it. Consider posting it with the "can only be viewed by people who have the link" restriction.

Either way, the cops are probably figuring it'll show up on Youtube.

That's exactly why I was going to wait. However, in OR there is no law against filming the police, which is why I did it in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have been told more times than I can count that " iStuff 'just works' ".

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]

in for video

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't know that... It's uploading right now.

Go to edit and then enhancements and hit the little left or right arrow for whichever way. It takes a little bit to render it, but works great.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't do that.

Vertical Video Syndrome

Hahhahah I rost @ 1:10

"I love vertical videos!"
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Isolated incident.  

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The point of this post? Not all cops dislike being filmed (although the one guy did ask me "seriously?" during the scuffle, but I think he was just adrenaline dumping and pissed off at the suspect).

When your on scene whether it is fighting an idiot, cutting apart a car to extricate, flag traffic, or put out fire, the last thing you really care about is getting filmed. It is pretty irritating when you are working and people try to get up close. Sounds like an interesting experience you had though lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
post the video already.  

Post it or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point of this post? Not all cops dislike being filmed (although the one guy did ask me "seriously?" during the scuffle, but I think he was just adrenaline dumping and pissed off at the suspect).

When your on scene whether it is fighting an idiot, cutting apart a car to extricate, flag traffic, or put out fire, the last thing you really care about is getting filmed. It is pretty irritating when you are working and people try to get up close. Sounds like an interesting experience you had though lol.

Chrome, this was at OSU haha. And that's exactly why I tried to keep some distance
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]
But he said he's not resisting!
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I was filmed today by about 10 different people......no dogs were shot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But he said he's not resisting!

So did the dumb bitch in the background lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chrome, this was at OSU haha. And that's exactly why I tried to keep some distance

Lol I could have swore it was Portland, until I saw the BCSO car. All the good stuff happens when I am out of Corvo.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]

You should have known they were cops, they have cop hair
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#29]
If I was a cop, I'd want someone to film that.

Makes for good evidence in court.

The catch is, like the OP eluded to, asking politely for a copy of the video.  NOT confiscating phones.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#30]
He obviously couldn't breathe either... Even though he had enough breath to point out exactly how he thought he was being choked.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#31]
What a stupid ass bitch saying he's not resisting.  Typical liberal scumbag.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pretty much most of that college campus. A few kids like Schlitter and I, but by far it was so liberal. Hell just this morning I got an email about a separate "lavender" graduation ceremony.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He obviously couldn't breathe either... Even though he had enough breath to point out exactly how he thought he was being choked.

If your talking you can breath.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#34]

I think I followed all of those pretty well. He asked for my ID, I told him I actually left it at home (which I had). I knew beforehand it was legal to film an officer in Oregon, I made sure they could see me filming, and I complied with the friendly officer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#35]
lol, nice

Wonder what dumb-ass was up to before the arrest?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like you ran into some good, honest popo. It's good to know they're there & had nothing to hide.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
That's why I work in uniform. No question about who I am or what is going on.

I know my guys would have tased him.
All in all a good arrest, no extra punches or crap talking. I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much most of that college campus. A few kids like Schlitter and I, but by far it was so liberal. Hell just this morning I got an email about a separate "lavender" graduation ceremony.

Can you imagine if the scumbag got away?  He'd have headed right toward her and taken her hostage, poetic justice!

I like it when she put out her "authoritative voice" and says:  "Hey" and then:  "The police are coming real quick" like it was supposed to scare off the evil crackers beating up the innocent black man.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Proof that it really is fucking hard to cuff a guy that doesn't want to be cuffed, unless you hurt him or have 3-5 people or more sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Cool story/video bro!

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you imagine if the scumbag got away?  He'd have headed right toward her and taken her hostage, poetic justice!

I like it when she put out her "authoritative voice" and says:  "Hey" and then:  "The police are coming real quick" like it was supposed to scare off the evil crackers beating up the innocent black man.

I laughed my ass off on that one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Proof that it really is fucking hard to cuff a guy that doesn't want to be cuffed, unless you hurt him or have 3-5 people or more sometimes.

He wanted them to get aggressive I think that they did a find job until more cops showed up so there were no bullshit excuses.

On an aside I never knew that BCSO or CPD, had plain clothes guys. I know my first reaction would be to get fucking bent I'm not doing anything until a uniformed guy showed up. But, in my area all we have are officers in marked police cars. It would be more likely to be a scumbag than a real uc in my area.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wanted them to get aggressive I think that they did a find job until more cops showed up so there were no bullshit excuses.

On an aside I never knew that BCSO or CPD, had plain clothes guys. I know my first reaction would be to get fucking bent I'm not doing anything until a uniformed guy showed up. But, in my area all we have are officers in marked police cars. It would be more likely to be a scumbag than a real uc in my area.

Yeah I didn't either. I initially thought it was a fight until I saw the cuffs and one of their belt-badges, then I figured out what was happening
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Updated OP. I think I found his charges
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Way too much dancing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#49]
If I ever find myself in the same position as the black fellow in your video, I hope that I have the presence of mind to remember to start shouting lines from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top