BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
At $500.00 the slide fire haters are pissing themselves laughing.

This thing was all machined aluminum and you can put your own grip on it and it's not fugly. Expensive yes, but at least some work went into this thing other than my $350 slide fire which I feel ripped off over.

Because it doesn't work as advertised?

Everything about your posts screams, "SHILL".
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have a full auto and probably never will at the current prices. That said I'm not putting something like that on my rifle, but to each their own.

And BTW I seen a video about 7 years ago where a guy took a plain jane ar15 4 position stock, put a spring in it so the stock was under spring pressure. You could jam the release and bump fire as good as that defender stock. Don't know if it was legal though.

Not legal.

Do you work for them?

Why not legal ?

The spring in the Atkins accelerator is what the ATF deemed to be a machine gun and that’s why those things went away. <o:p></o:p>

Completely different design.

Legality not established, nor is the illegality of it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I stopped reading after "red jacket".

Anyone else?

Nope.  I got a fresh beer and some popcorn.  Nothing yet... give it a page or two to get going.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stopped reading after "red jacket".

Anyone else?

Nope.  I got a fresh beer and some popcorn.  Nothing yet... give it a page or two to get going.

How anyone who knows anything about guns would ever take that company seriously or trust one of their products is beyond me.  Their AR's are pieced together from parts that they buy from other companies.  I love when they submitted that AR for the gov. contract and were toting it as some new technology super AR with 100% reliability.  All they did was put in a piston system, throw on a magpul stock, and that was it.  Best part was, numb nuts who thinks Stephanie is hott, couldn't even put it together right which took forever for him to figure out.  IIRC, he forgot to put the buffer in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't cycling.  How a person could work in a "gun shop" and not be able to put together an AR is beyond me.  I'm guessing he had a hard time with lego's as a kid.  Seriously, us basement dwellers put together better AR's than those idiots.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
At $500.00 the slide fire haters are pissing themselves laughing.

This thing was all machined aluminum and you can put your own grip on it and it's not fugly. Expensive yes, but at least some work went into this thing other than my $350 slide fire which I feel ripped off over.

Because it doesn't work as advertised?

Everything about your posts screams, "SHILL".

Which 1 doesn't work?

Wife and kids got me a slide fire for my b-day last year, and my son rips thru 30 rd mags with ease.

I, on the other had, need more practice.  

Oh, and it may be plastic, but I wouldn't call it cheap.  I have no concerns about it breaking.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of you guys are missing the utility of something like this...

Anyone can bump.  Being able to bump ACCURATELY from the prone is something else entirely.  I am currently building an AR with prone-bumping in mind...it's going to be pretty neat, actually.  

This stock may be expensive, but after I am done, I think some of you will see that these stock do have a place in the shooting community.

Edit: basically something like one of these, only with the stock on it.  I'm not sure if I want to stay with the FDE/MOE look, or get a TRX like the one my friend let me model with my stuff on it.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Uhhh, you can bumpfire your AR15 without any fancy stock or ghetto pants. It can be done from the shoulder, with decent accuracy, if you practice enough.

Can you bump from the prone?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like much fun to me
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And much expensive, too...  Oh well.  I think I am hooked!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll SBR my rifle long before I spend a dollar on a RJF product.  In fact, I would spend $1,000's trying to create one on my own before buying something from them.  The OP's videos didn't really show any side views while he was shooting so I could see the controllability under sustained fire.  Whenever I have seen anyone shoot the other bumpfire stock, it just makes the gun pop around everywhere.  I guess it's a good way to throw a ton of rounds down range without worrying about having accurate follow up shots.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Having shot both real full auto and owning a slide fire, I can say that the accuracy of the slide fire at 50 yards and beyond is a crap shoot.  There were a few instances that if I didn't stop I would have went over the berm.
I can say I never had that problem with a real full auto.  The the 350 was hard to swallow for faux full auto with sketchy accuracy.  500  bucks is a joke for a comparable product.  I don't care what its made out of.
As far I Red Jacket goes, after the episode with the Katana AR, went out and built my own version that gun and it cost me about 500 less.  All they fucking did was slap together parts that any one of us can get on our own and
engraved their logo on it.  I bet their profit margin each of those guns are insane.
Now I'm not saying I wouldn't own anything from them; I wouldn't mind trying out their integral AK..as long as the keep that dildo Kris away.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Having shot both real full auto and owning a slide fire, I can say that the accuracy of the slide fire at 50 yards and beyond is a crap shoot.  There were a few instances that if I didn't stop I would have went over the berm.
I can say I never had that problem with a real full auto.  The the 350 was hard to swallow for faux full auto with sketchy accuracy.  500  bucks is a joke for a comparable product.  I don't care what its made out of.
As far I Red Jacket goes, after the episode with the Katana AR, went out and built my own version that gun and it cost me about 500 less.  All they fucking did was slap together parts that any one of us can get on our own and
engraved their logo on it.  I bet their profit margin each of those guns are insane.
Now I'm not saying I wouldn't own anything from them; I wouldn't mind trying out their integral AK..as long as the keep that dildo Kris away.

I wish I could find it but did you ever see the thread comparing their suppressors with 'actual' suppressors from AAC, YHM, Gemtech, etc.  There was x-ray photo comparisons and they showed the difference between the baffles.  The baffles in the Red Jacket "suppressors" looked like the little metal cups of the small unscented candles with a hole drilled through the middle.  Someone said they were actually parts to a washing machine.  Now I may be remembering wrong and some of the stuff said was probably just bashing.  But I do remember the difference was astonishing from a real suppressor to a Red Jacket bubba pipe with inserts.  I'll never forget that thread and what I witnessed in there.  I only wish I could find it.

And yes, Chris/Kris/whatever is a total dildo.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll SBR my rifle long before I spend a dollar on a RJF product.  In fact, I would spend $1,000's trying to create one on my own before buying something from them.  The OP's videos didn't really show any side views while he was shooting so I could see the controllability under sustained fire.  Whenever I have seen anyone shoot the other bumpfire stock, it just makes the gun pop around everywhere.  I guess it's a good way to throw a ton of rounds down range without worrying about having accurate follow up shots.

How are these stocks affiliated with RJF?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can say I never had that problem with a real full auto.  The the 350 was hard to swallow for faux full auto with sketchy accuracy.  <snip>.

I've had the opposite experience.  I would think it has more to do with the upper than anything else.

My most recent 'real' full auto experience was an M4 carbine.  I have my slidefire on a middy, which seems more controllable to me.

Of course, YMMV.

ETA:  IIRC, the M16A1 wasn't exactly 'controllable', even from prone, which is why we were taught 3 rd bursts.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disregard my prior post.  I wondered why I couldn't find it on RJF's website.  I didn't read the part about Fostech.  This gives me a radical change in opinion.  However, that price is outrageous for a piece of equipment that makes my rifle shoot full auto by slingshotting off of itself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disregard my prior post.  I wondered why I couldn't find it on RJF's website.  I didn't read the part about Fostech.  This gives me a radical change in opinion.  However, that price is outrageous for a piece of equipment that makes my rifle shoot full auto by slingshotting off of itself.

I will admit the price is too high.  If they were the same price as a Slidefire, I would have already ordered one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Ill stick with my magpul ctr
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I really wanted one of these stocks for a little prone bump fire concept build, but I wasn't going to spend the $500 on it without actually talking to someone on the other end.  I called and called, left messages, sent emails and left notes on their facebook wall––all to no avail.  Finally I gave up and just got a used SSAR-15 OGR.  It's ugly, but it was available.  Sorry FOSTECH.  I'd have loved to own your stock, but you guys lost the sale....

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Their bump fire 10/22 stock "springless atkins accelerator" looks sweet but I'm not paying $629 for it and a Kidd trigger. I could buy two more 10/22's or a budget AR for that price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Slide fire is much cheaper. For you bump for haters, its very controllable!

However, this post does sound like a plug on bump ski. I have put over 2000 rounds through mine in scenario shooting and I don't expect it to break any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

However, this post does sound like a plug on bump ski. I have put over 2000 rounds through mine in scenario shooting and I don't expect it to break any time soon.

How did you dig this thread up?

- Clint

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I dunno... I think could buy alot of rubber bands for $500...
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh, all the Slidefire, Defender, whatever you wanna call it. They all don't look good and scream "mall ninja" to me. Plus, I'd like to know how this would affect the life of a semi-auto trigger group. Wonder if it would cause a lot more wear since you're just pulling the trigger at a highly repetitive rate?

ETA: They're fun and all; but, they just look kinda ugly and out of place. A buddy of mine let me rack some rounds off with his AK that he put a SS stock on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey all, if you've ever tried the slidefire, you've got to try the DefendAR15. I was at Red Jacket's birthday bash over the weekend shooting all of Will's toys and a guy showed up with a new stock from Fostec called the "DefendAR15". This thing was kick ass, all aluminum and sprayed lead as fast as the full auto AR conversions in the shooting lane right next to me. It was controllable and SUPER fast. I got a bunch of videos that I'll upload later tonight or tomorrow of the shoot. The slidefire is junk compared to this thing.

DefendAR bump fire stock

http://youtu.be/5D34RgpXkng

http://youtu.be/jyqKw1R7SHU

http://youtu.be/Yl-l8XATbFs

Full auto SAW

http://youtu.be/Li1NZsMQMzQ

Wife shooting full auto HK
http://youtu.be/x6ZnN2HPHKI

MG42
http://youtu.be/HcOgs5-48AY

Your SAW is actually a 240.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh, all the Slidefire, Defender, whatever you wanna call it. They all don't look good and scream "mall ninja" to me. Plus, I'd like to know how this would affect the life of a semi-auto trigger group. Wonder if it would cause a lot more wear since you're just pulling the trigger at a highly repetitive rate?

ETA: They're fun and all; but, they just look kinda ugly and out of place. A buddy of mine let me rack some rounds off with his AK that he put a SS stock on.

Why would pulling the trigger faster cause more wear than waiting between shots?
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why would pulling the trigger faster cause more wear than waiting between shots?

Just seems like it would with the  trigger being pulled at a high rate, enough to warrant a fire rate of 6-800 rounds per minute.

Or this could be my 1 brainfart a week I'm allowed on this site.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So the accurate medium distance rapid-fire prone shots I was taking in the posted video above screams "mall-ninja" to you?

What screams "mall-ninja" to me are the people who think squad-autos (real or simulated) are unnecessary or impractical....Its actually quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did you dig this thread up?

- Clint

I've found it in the search a few times while looking for things like "slidefire vs DefendAR-15" both here and on google.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey all, if you've ever tried the slidefire, you've got to try the DefendAR15. I was at Red Jacket's birthday bash over the weekend shooting all of Will's toys and a guy showed up with a new stock from Fostec called the "DefendAR15". This thing was kick ass, all aluminum and sprayed lead as fast as the full auto AR conversions in the shooting lane right next to me. It was controllable and SUPER fast. I got a bunch of videos that I'll upload later tonight or tomorrow of the shoot. The slidefire is junk compared to this thing.

post count

not sure if troll.

The same could be said of you.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the accurate medium distance rapid-fire prone shots I was taking in the posted video above screams "mall-ninja" to you?

What screams "mall-ninja" to me are the people who think squad-autos (real or simulated) are unnecessary or impractical....Its actually quite the opposite.

I'm not going to argue against the usefulness of squad autos, as suppression fire is invaluable in an actual combat situation. As for the "mall ninja" comment. Yours are about the only ones with quality accessories, or a valid theory on its use that I've seen. Every one I've seen in person here has been outfitted with a cheap scope/red dot and a ncstar rail of some sort.

My criticism of its looks are just that. I don't like the look of the SS stocks.(Not on any moral or political grounds, they just look off to me.)  Besides, I'm sure the good ole ATF are thinking of some new law to ban them.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to argue against the usefulness of squad autos, as suppression fire is invaluable in an actual combat situation. As for the "mall ninja" comment. Yours are about the only ones with quality accessories, or a valid theory on its use that I've seen. Every one I've seen in person here has been outfitted with a cheap scope/red dot and a ncstar rail of some sort.

My criticism of its looks are just that. I don't like the look of the SS stocks.(Not on any moral or political grounds, they just look off to me.)  Besides, I'm sure the good ole ATF are thinking of some new law to ban them.  

As I said in the thread I posted here earlier: if these are banned, the 2nd amendment is dead and we're just in denial.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top