User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lt. Gen. Terry Robling...  I know him.  

We were were assigned to VMFA-235 back in '86-'87, and did the last Death Angel F-4 WestPac.  He was Captain "Guts" Robling back then.  I was just a Lance Corporal down in the RADAR shop. The Skipper was LtCol "Turtle" Skeldon.  The XO was Maj "T-Bone" Moore.  The SgtMaj was Sgt Maj Vasquez.  That was a damn good unit!  

D(PhantomPhixerPhorever!)Peacher

Yeah? Well I was a H&MSter back then. I don't even remember WHAT the actual Headquarters and Maintenance Squadron 29 mascot was. Later, we were re designated to MALS-29.  

We had our own meme, and then we were "MALcontents":

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs28/PRE/i/2008/065/2/0/hamster_fighting_machine_by_Urbanrang3r.jpg  

I was with MALS-29 (67E) from '96-'99.  When I first got there, we were "The Gamblers" but that got changed to "Wolverines" after LtCol Fracassa became the Skipper.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My High School mascot was 'The Crusaders'...hope they dont change!

For fuck sake what is happening to this country?

It wasn't the 18th or 20th amendment.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
VFA-154 FTW!!!!!
Black Knights. Cross prominently displayed on tunic.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
VMFA-235 Death Angels.  Also has a cross...

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marine Corps capitulates to Political Correctness.

Next up: open embrace of homosexuality.

Oh wait...

They even caved on the Army's reflective belts...yep, the marines have been wearing them in theater for several years now...even the USAF continues to resist the belt.

That isn't exactly the picture I get from Air Force Blues (webcomic)

Oddly (ironically?) enough, the USAF goes bat shit-crazy with reflective belts on their own turf (Al Udied for example) but refused to do so at the bidding of the Army (i.e. in Afghanistan).  Their excuse is good enough for me:  we already have reflective material in our PT uniforms.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
A Marine Attack/Fighter Plane, which is used to deploy all types of ordnance on the enemy, is only a viable weapon when the name of the squadron that employs them does not offend those it intends to blow to pieces or burn to a crisp or a combination of both.

The idea of ordering Marines not to fart around the enemy or piss on their corpses as to not offend them, but can shoot them down with their M-16's, grenades, SAWs and air strikes is ludicrous.

Excuse my lack of understanding of combat and warfare, but if given the choice of either being offended by the name of their weapons, farting or cussing or being shot, you can fart and cuss me all day long, given the choices, I find the farting/cussing less offensive.

Following this idiotic mentality, they should remove all A-10 Warthogs from the theater as the name of the aircraft represents an unclean animal and should a devout muslim be killed by a weapon with such a name it could ruin their chances of salvation.

I would muster every cargo aircraft in possession and cover the entire theater in pig entrails, release pigs wild enmasse into their country, open BBQ pits on every city block, drop Bibles and Crosses by the case loads.

If things are bad enough to go to war, you better be prepared to annihilate the enemy, if not, don't engage. If things are bad enough to go to war, offend them as best as you can.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll just leave this here.

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit. I seem to remember back in 2003, a whole Division of the US Army(The 4th Infantry Division),was using your Country as a staging ground, and was told to kindly see their way the fuck OUT of your country, because using said country as a staging ground was now DENIED. Seems that being the host to and the invasion staging ground of a Non Muslim Army into a neighboring Muslim country was just a little bit too much for you Turks to swallow. I doubt your reactions to a "whole Corps named Crusaders" would be any different.

Quoted:

I for one (as a muslim) would not give a flying fuck if a whole Corps nicknamed Crusaders used my country as a staging ground.

As long as they're not on a crusade to destroy Islam, why should anyone care?

ETA: Although when you're dealing with illiterate goat farmers, I guess you MAY need a bit more subtlety. I don't know.

You've been here for 10 years, I've talked about said subject almost a dozen times. Search for them if you care.  

The political reasons behind that disastrous decision had nothing to do with religion but I won't meddle with your delusions of persecution.

PERSECUTION?????????WTF?????????? Before you say someone is PERSECUTING someone else you should take a hard cold look in the mirror. REMEMBER THE REFLECTION.

Wouldn't all the humidity in the bathhouse steam them up?

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a Catholic, I find this to be offensive and at its core removing the nickname of "Crusader" is fundamentally anti-Catholic.

Win!
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#11]

This is why my Paraclete Armor hat is my favorite...maybe I shouldn't wear it any more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Well, that is just awesome
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top