Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2012 7:13:55 PM EDT
Awesome rifle. I think it's only set back was they went with a milled receiver instead of a stamped one.

The thing is a damn SWISS army knife. It even has a bottle opener!

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait... Is that the rifle that Al Pacino used in the movie Heat?

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

- Clint

nah i think that was an FAL
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with a milled receiver?
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What's wrong with a milled receiver?

Added weight. The Galil weighs a fucking ton! Hell I own a FAL and it's a heavy SOB but when shooting 308 I guess the added support is helpful.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's nice, but ultimately just another AK clone, like a Valmet.

I'd have to get a ruling from RustedAce on whether or not it belongs in a garbage can.

It shoots 5.56

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's nice, but ultimately just another AK clone, like a Valmet.

I'd have to get a ruling from RustedAce on whether or not it belongs in a garbage can.

Truth

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

- Clint

Tom did.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The last vid said it is still the frontline rifle. I thought they used m4's & m16's now as frontline?
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Tough, reliable rifle. I don't think the Izzy's used them much but they got a ton of hard use in South Africa and still do. The SADF had both original Galils and their R4 version as well...same rifle basically. They are, however, outdated as a serious use rifle these days IMO in part because no one bothered to update them with the times. Too heavy, too many sharp edges, hard to find parts for, no easy way to mount optics, etc. If we could still get them new at reasonable prices, lots of people who think they are great would have dumped them by now for AR's.

From what I remember the R4 the stocks and hand guards are longer correct?

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw one like mine at the gun show today, guy said the price was 4,000.00 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
In the first video, was the shooter resting the back of the pistol grip against his gut to help control recoil?  

I usually just put the stock on my should and lean into it, but what do I know...

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tough, reliable rifle. I don't think the Izzy's used them much but they got a ton of hard use in South Africa and still do. The SADF had both original Galils and their R4 version as well...same rifle basically. They are, however, outdated as a serious use rifle these days IMO in part because no one bothered to update them with the times. Too heavy, too many sharp edges, hard to find parts for, no easy way to mount optics, etc. If we could still get them new at reasonable prices, lots of people who think they are great would have dumped them by now for AR's.

From what I remember the R4 the stocks and hand guards are longer correct?

Yes, and a few other small things. Many there who own the LM (semi only) versions have either shortened the stocks or replaced them with original Galil stocks.

Goes with the tradition.

I own a R1 build and for a lot of guys I shoot with the longer stock is very cumbersome. For a tall guy like me it is just fine.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Saw one like mine at the gun show today, guy said the price was 4,000.00 bucks.http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/DSC_0482A-1.jpg

Beautiful.

A buddy of mine one of his dream guns is a 7.62 galil.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Saw one like mine at the gun show today, guy said the price was 4,000.00 bucks.http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/DSC_0482A-1.jpg

Beautiful.

A buddy of mine one of his dream guns is a 7.62 galil.

Thanks mine is a Magnum Research 332 with the bayonet lug, the one at the show was an Action Arms model I don't remember seeing the bayonet lug on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top