Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:52:43 PM
[Last Edit: 5/19/2012 10:59:04 PM by TylerF]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rupYq5j7vC8

KEYS TO THE BLUE GOOSE is the television documentary series about the 122nd recruit school of the Michigan State Police academy. Known as one of the toughest police academies in the country if not the world, the MSP academy is a 20 week non-stop challenge.

http://www.buoy22films.com/?page_id=25

WilliamGray
Electronic Tech.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:59:01 PM
I wonder how it compares to the Texas DPS academy. It is 26 weeks, and they beat the hell out of them. 3 marines dropped from my brothers class. I think only one third of the starting class graduated.
Keeping the earth punching milkshake suckers powered up.
AE5QH- I know just enough about electronics to be dangerous.
Tim_the_enchanter
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/19/2012 11:15:25 PM
I'm looking for the thread where GD talks about how bad ass, cops are. Am I in the right place?
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:00:53 PM
Combat_Jack
Green Suited Salaryman
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:14:32 PM
What exactly is the point of running an academy like that?
30 miles a week, upper body, dieting and reading incessantly sucks. Nobody is going to pay to do that shit. -sylvan
BURN
Taco Hack
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:19:25 PM
as a former LEO I will say nothing...they need to spend more time on teaching LEOS how to serve the public and that an act of kindness and being respectful even to people who may not deserve it cost them nothing...

teach them to beat someones ass but in a polite way
I am now part of "LIVE TEAM BAD ASS"
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:23:34 PM
Some videos from the recruit school produced by the MSP.

Much less dramatic.

Learning the Basics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97S6GhWLf4

Obstacle Course PT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ371xlUf90

Water Safety Training
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvxJVEDn1Vk

Precision Driving School
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKspmAoBfPQ
runcible
Never Knows Best
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:24:11 PM
Interested in seeing the way this one goes.
The only thing that you can guess about a broken down old man... is that he is a survivor.
The man is heartless and jaded. By this point he's probably comfortable with it. - SmilingBandit
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:26:25 PM
Tag to watch later tonight.

STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
Extorris
Inkie and proud !!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:29:04 PM
Originally Posted By runcible:

Me too.

"Someday, Extorris will have to take off his cape, and the "Crazed Motherfucker Signal" at the top of One Puzzle Palace will be dimmed for good... Darkness will fall over Gotham"- Screechjet1
Balista
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:42:45 PM
[Last Edit: 5/20/2012 4:43:15 PM by Balista]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

Me too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/IN.gif

Extorris
Inkie and proud !!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 4:47:01 PM
Originally Posted By Balista:

Me too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/IN.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l81508ncEZ1qdwsneo1_500.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly12o2IKJB1qhobqro1_400.jpg

"Someday, Extorris will have to take off his cape, and the "Crazed Motherfucker Signal" at the top of One Puzzle Palace will be dimmed for good... Darkness will fall over Gotham"- Screechjet1
D233
Inmate #36455
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:01:43 PM
[Last Edit: 5/20/2012 5:02:24 PM by D233]
S           T           O           P
"The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed" - C. S. Lewis
NRA Life Member
AR15.COM Life Member
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:57:19 PM
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:58:41 PM

Originally Posted By D233:
S           T           O           P

TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 9:48:51 PM
RolandBozz
Mr. McGibblets
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:03:49 PM
Is this going to be on tv or a web series on youtube?
RolandBozz
Mr. McGibblets
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:06:46 PM

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

I've got the impression that many academies that are ran in a military like way is because they want there recruits to be more like the military instead of being police.
WilliamGray
Electronic Tech.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:19:13 PM
Originally Posted By RolandBozz:

I've got the impression that many academies that are ran in a military like way is because they want there recruits to be more like the military instead of being police.

My brother said his 6 months in the academy made his Navy experiance feel like the boy scouts.
Keeping the earth punching milkshake suckers powered up.
AE5QH- I know just enough about electronics to be dangerous.
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:33:02 PM

Originally Posted By RolandBozz:
Is this going to be on tv or a web series on youtube?

According to the website they are shopping for a TV network.
Tomislav
#NO_LIMIT_POSTER
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:41:08 PM
Train to be the the cream of the LEO world, have them sit on the freeway outside of Ispheming, counting deer.
Tim_the_enchanter
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2012 11:56:43 PM
[Last Edit: 5/28/2012 11:57:01 PM by Tim_the_enchanter]

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
Train to be the the cream of the LEO world, have them sit on the freeway outside of Ispheming, counting deer.

Is that what they are; The "cream of the LEO world"? The cream of the ticket writers, maybe.
Tomislav
#NO_LIMIT_POSTER
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:00:22 AM

Originally Posted By Tim_the_enchanter:

Is that what they are; The "cream of the LEO world"? The cream of the ticket writers, maybe.

Well, I'm being kind based on the description of their boot camp.
Tim_the_enchanter
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:04:58 AM

I'd have to compare them to genuine cops that investigate, and solve actual crimes before I start throwing around labels like "Cream of the LEO crop". Traffic enforcement is for re'tards.
CFII
Zipper-Suited Sun God
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:07:26 AM
[Last Edit: 5/29/2012 12:22:21 AM by CFII]
not worth making people mad.

I just do NOT understand. And I have been to stressful schools, including SERE.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
Tomislav
#NO_LIMIT_POSTER
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:09:41 AM

I'd have to compare them to genuine cops that investigate, and solve actual crimes before I start throwing around labels like "Cream of the LEO crop". Traffic enforcement is for re'tards.

Well sure. And other than the state forensic labs, I'm not really sure what they do other than write tickets.

But I'm in a good mood tonight, so benefit of the doubt and all that!
bg10
Forgiven.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:20:47 AM
Stress inoculation.

Instructors yelling and screaming while you are trying to make decisions helps you later when you are in real situations. pull up on the scene of the 4 car wreck with multiple people pinned inside vehicles. Or when you pull up on the scene of that shooting in the projects and there's a crowd of 100 people around yelling and screaming and you're trying to secure the crime scene, disperse a disorderly crowd, and render aid to the wounded.

I'm not saying police work is like combat, but it sure as hell isn't a game.
"He who puts on his armor should not boast like he who takes it off"

Hard work is... practice, plus opportunity...equals luck
Sixpack595
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:25:03 AM

To weed out anyone who isn't a complete douche if the results are any indication. Never met a state trooper who isn't a complete tool.
Pete545
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:26:11 AM
20 weeks? Holy shit. Don't care how long there indoctrination camp is. Wish I could say I've had a pleasant experience with MSP but that is not the case.
slama682
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:28:05 AM

In some cases, I don't think they remember anymore.
Sixpack595
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:30:11 AM
Originally Posted By bg10:
Stress inoculation.

Instructors yelling and screaming while you are trying to make decisions helps you later when you are in real situations. pull up on the scene of the 4 car wreck with multiple people pinned inside vehicles sitting on a freeway on ramp soaking up OT. Or when you pull up on the scene of that shooting in the projects and there's a crowd of 100 people around yelling and screaming and you're trying to secure the crime scene, disperse a disorderly crowd, and render aid to the wounded guy with a license plate light out.

I'm not saying police work is like combat, but it sure as hell isn't a game, but the MSP is a colossal waste of taxpayer funds .

Fixed to more accurately reflect the MSP.

Tyler315
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:36:27 AM
The single rotating beacon kills me
JakeThePimp
It's not how long ya talk, it's what cha put in it
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:37:53 AM
I saw a documentary like that once. One of the recruits could make all kinds of cool noises with his mouth, another was an arfcommer and the most successful of them was a smooth talker. Was a really well done show, I think it was in the 80's.
aplehr
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:53:02 AM

Well sure. And other than the state forensic labs, I'm not really sure what they do other than write tickets.

We had a trooper come talk to our Model UN class when I was in high school 20 years ago. He was the head of a SWAT team, I don't remember if it was the local barracks, or for the whole state, or what. I remember though that someone asked him if he'd ever had to kill anyone. He said "I've had to fire my weapon on 8 separate occasions, 8 people died as a result." He was very mild-mannered, smart, didn't give off the prick cop vibe at all.
1Andy2
Grand Wizard of the Human Supremacist Movement
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:54:07 AM
Originally Posted By JakeThePimp:
I saw a documentary like that once. One of the recruits could make all kinds of cool noises with his mouth, another was an arfcommer and the most successful of them was a smooth talker. Was a really well done show, I think it was in the 80's.

And one was a former motor pool sargeant in a Korean MASH unit...
"I suck on vertical stick"
- Keith_J
Pete545
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:56:09 AM
Originally Posted By aplehr:

We had a trooper come talk to our Model UN class when I was in high school 20 years ago. He was the head of a SWAT team, I don't remember if it was the local barracks, or for the whole state, or what. I remember though that someone asked him if he'd ever had to kill anyone. He said "I've had to fire my weapon on 8 separate occasions, 8 people died as a result." He was very mild-mannered, smart, didn't give off the prick cop vibe at all.

That is also part of the course. Hope they hold a special place in hell for most of those fuckers.

Sixpack595
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 1:28:45 AM
Originally Posted By aplehr:

So 20 years ago there was a State Trooper that wasn't a prick who did nothing but write tickets all day. Well, I guess it is possible.
Thunder900
Moonbat Off--- Apply directly to Moonbats.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 9:17:20 AM
Does that academy train other Michigan LEO's? I know in Wisconsin, that many police departments will send their new recruits through the Wisconsin State Patrol school at Ft. McCoy.
FUBO
Thunder900
Moonbat Off--- Apply directly to Moonbats.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 9:18:53 AM

No, they should sit on M-28 between Marquette and Munising, counting deer during one of the blizzards there....
FUBO
dex357
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:07:57 AM
Most of the smaller local municipalities around here are happy to have the MSP help, or even take over investigations because of the higher level of training they get, and their resources.

I am not sure about the larger cities, they most likely like to do their own work.

But we sure did always think the the recruits went through some sort of horses ass class.

Some of the troops would hang out at the taverns and be pretty decent guys.

Some of them wouldn't give you the time of day. They were all that much better than the rest of us.

That was also quite a long time ago.

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Golden Eagle, NRA Recruiter, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member. LIVE FREE OR DIE. MOLON LABE!!! FBHO!!!!
SkyCatII
Terminally Bored
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:09:54 AM

MSP is a true "State Police" agency, not simply highway patrol. In most areas they are most visible as highway traffic enforcement, but in other areas that have more limited local police coverage they also run calls for service and act as a more "traditional" police force. They've been more active lately off the highway even in areas with local police departments and sheriff's offices like Kalamazoo County since MSP started changing up their posts and postings.
Originally Posted By StonerStudent:

Son....that is the gayest thing I have ever read on this board.
monkeymagic
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:09:56 AM
I really like the retro look of their patrol cars, I hope they never get rid of it
TylerF
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 4:11:20 PM

Originally Posted By monkeymagic:
I really like the retro look of their patrol cars, I hope they never get rid of it

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1316697_Historical_Cars_of_the_Michigan_State_Police___And_other_goodies_110_Baud_Beware_.html

FWIW, I've never had an issue with a State Trooper during my few limited dealings with them.
runcible
Never Knows Best
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:44:51 PM
[Last Edit: 5/29/2012 5:45:42 PM by runcible]

Stress inoculation.

Instructors yelling and screaming while you are trying to make decisions helps you later when you are in real situations. pull up on the scene of the 4 car wreck with multiple people pinned inside vehicles. Or when you pull up on the scene of that shooting in the projects and there's a crowd of 100 people around yelling and screaming and you're trying to secure the crime scene, disperse a disorderly crowd, and render aid to the wounded.

Render what... to the who?

The only thing that you can guess about a broken down old man... is that he is a survivor.
The man is heartless and jaded. By this point he's probably comfortable with it. - SmilingBandit
Extorris
Retired JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:51:58 PM
Stress inoculation.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Balista
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:59:36 PM
Stress inoculation.

Extorris
Retired JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:09:07 PM
Stress inoculation.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133799416847.png

Shooting in the projects and I'm gonna render aid to the wounded? Yeah......I'm go with "no" on that one. "Central, have a bus respond"
platz2
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:11:04 PM

LOL, "ramp roosters".
Balista
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:17:16 PM
Stress inoculation.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133799416847.png

Shooting in the projects and I'm gonna render aid to the wounded? Yeah......I'm go with "no" on that one. "Central, have a bus respond"

I am not being critical. I was just posting the 'oh boy,,,here we go' as I have feeling this thread will descend to the gates of hell at some point. Just call it a hunch.
silver_back110
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:25:25 PM
The ONLY time that it's OK to wear short sleeves with a tie is if you work for NASA or teach Biology.
brian4wd
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/29/2012 9:20:39 PM
Originally Posted By silver_back110:
The ONLY time that it's OK to wear short sleeves with a tie is if you work for NASA or teach Biology.

It is never OK to wear short sleeves with a tie - and I've worked in aerospace engineering................

Brian

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
I don't concern myself with the income of fortune 500 CEOs because I'm not in any way qualified to do their job.

Previous Page
Page:  / 2