Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2001 2:48:49 AM EDT
I ordered a Giles sling from The wilderness. I opted for the next day service because I needed it for Thursday morning.I informed the sales rep at the wilderness to have it left at my door because I think the UPS driver waits for me to leave the house to make deliveries.
Tuesday comes and no sling all I have is the attempt slip. I call UPS they say they have a policy of not leaving packages at apartment complexes, and I can pick it up at the HUB.
I figure this group gets thing shipped alot. Anyone ever heard of this policy?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I do.  I ordered some ammo and they delivered to the wrong house.  It took me 2 weeks to get it back and the box was completely open up.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a problem with UPS! Last week for example the driver left 3 packages of gun books and ammo on the side deck (where they have never left anything before) so everything sat out in the rain for about 30+ hours. I happened to notice the pile on my way to town the next day. The ammo boxes were wet but the ammo was okay, the books, magazines, and newspapers (shotgun news and gun list) were really wet! I emailed all the parties concerned (sellers and shipper).
TF
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
My UPS driver would never  do any of this but I do give him a glass of ice water every once in a while in the hot summer, might help him have a little more CARE TO!
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a problem at all She's too damned beautiful to complain. It may be a day late at times but at least she comes in the afternoon when I'm home. hubba hubba, If nobody's home she will leave it on the porch. Maybe I'm just love struck
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#5]

techranger,

I'm not sure about the apartment complex issue.  Otherwise, I would suggest that you ask your delivery person to give you a pad of those blank slips.  Whenever I am expecting something, I always leave a signed slip on the door.  Normally, I come home to a pakage under the grill. Only time I ever have any trouble with UPS is when a sub driver runs the route.  My regular guy will flag me down out on the road somewhere if he happens to have something for me. If he doesn't have anything one day, and we happen to pass, I just raise both hands in the air as if I am saying "Where the hell is my stuff?"   I am satisfied with UPS.

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope i don't have any problems with the upper I had sent on monday,if so i'll report it here.[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard my dog barking and looked out the window and saw a UPS truck in front of my driveway, and my driveway is close to 50 yards long.
By the time I get to the door, my package is on the steps in the rain and the UPS guy is doing a mad dash for his truck.
If my dog hadn't been barking, I wouldn't have known UPS had even been there.
But it was funny watching him run like hell!
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never had a problem with UPS.  When they leave packages on rainy days, the packages are always in plastic bags.
The only issue I ever had, was when I tried to return some ammo, and the counter girl told me I couldn't ship ammo.  I said I called their hazzardous materials line and they assured me I could ship ammo as long as it had an ORM-D sticker, which it did.
She was still hesitant, but accepted the package, but told me to expect a call to come and get it because the manager would probably refuse it.  They never called and the ammo reached the vendor.

As for leaving packages at apartments, don't do it.  I had a a Fed-Ex package stolen once that had a hard drive in it :(
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Wel, for starters I just have a huge problem with their policy that handguns must go by next day air.  Seems like a policy more designed to discourage a shipping guns by UPS than for safety.  But then again its their business, so they can do what they want.  Heck I'm just a customer...well, WAS a customer.

Second they broke a box full of AM180 drums on me. It took nearly 6 months, an endless string of phone calls, and threats of litigation to get them to pay on their insurance for the package.

Finally, last year they lost $5500 full-auto AK47 on me.  They sent it to the local hub, lost it for two days, and then without attempting any sort of delivery, they sent it back to the sender.  Yeah, my client eventually got it, but for two days we were pretty worried.

Do I use UPS?  When I have to, but usually I'll go by US mail.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
My UPS driver was once present when I opened and inspected a "package." He hasn't been too much trouble since then.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
My only problem was when the left it with my "Other" neighbor. Hey opened the package, and showed it up and down the street for two days before he told me it was delivered.

Other than that, the drivers are experts at ding-dong-ditch. I can start running when I hear the truck, and still not make it to the door before he is gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top