Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That's some real low-down Zanny the Nanny shit, dude.  It's best not to go there, you might not come back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to hold it there while the person breathes it in. If I had to guess I would say about a minute or two for it to kick in. The movies would have you believe it takes a split second for it work, but i don't think it's quite so instant in real life.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Buddy of mine in college had a bottle of it.  To the best of my knowledge they never did anything illegal with it (other than possessing it, I suppose) but we all passed it around one drunken evening at home.  I was startled by how quickly I passed out –– just a couple of inhales if I remember correctly.  I was only out a few seconds but I felt the affects as soon as I could smell it, and it has a very distinctive smell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine in college had a bottle of it.  To the best of my knowledge they never did anything illegal with it (other than possessing it, I suppose) but we all passed it around one drunken evening at home.  I was startled by how quickly I passed out –– just a couple of inhales if I remember correctly.  I was only out a few seconds but I felt the affects as soon as I could smell it, and it has a very distinctive smell and it made my butt sore.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buddy of mine in college had a bottle of it.  To the best of my knowledge they never did anything illegal with it (other than possessing it, I suppose) but we all passed it around one drunken evening at home.  I was startled by how quickly I passed out –– just a couple of inhales if I remember correctly.  I was only out a few seconds but I felt the affects as soon as I could smell it, and it has a very distinctive smell and it made my butt sore.

I LOLED
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Immediately.

The rag never had a chance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Be careful if you're playing around, lethal overdose is possible. Unless your plan is to kill them....
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Always test it out on yourself first.  

TheBubbaman always gives good advice.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine in college had a bottle of it.  To the best of my knowledge they never did anything illegal with it (other than possessing it, I suppose) but we all passed it around one drunken evening at home.  I was startled by how quickly I passed out –– just a couple of inhales if I remember correctly.  I was only out a few seconds but I felt the affects as soon as I could smell it, and it has a very distinctive smell.

That was my other question, how long with said person be out for and will paint thinner work the same way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your hepatitis.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Manually choking someone out is so much safer. Please don't use chemicals, devices or play alone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your hepatitis.

Yeah, I'll definitely make sure I at least have pants on the next time I try it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
In. You never know when you might need to know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
It takes over 3min to work if I remember correctly, and it would have to be just vapors entering the person's airway.  It is inefficient, blame hollywood!  Clearly, I watch way too many true crime, forensics, murder, etc shows...because that is how I was made aware of that years ago.

One of those types of shows was talking about a woman who was supposedly abducted from her car in the line of the drive thru for her bank (or maybe it was her ATM, this was like 6 years ago that I watched it), and they were saying how it was impossible for her to have had been abducted with the use of chloroform as she described because of it's properties for sedation do not work in the rag to face situation, there were no witnesses though this happened in daylight, no camera evidence, lots of other weird stuff and basically she was just a nut who faked it all.  It was pretty crazy to watch how they analyzed everything, but it was interdasting to learn where hollywood screws up.  

Now...why is it you are "curious?"    Also, ether works better and is easier to obtain than chloroform.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Leave it over the nose and mouth too long and it will leave black chemical burn marks.

So, how long do those take to go away?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much time does it take?

Just long enough.  

You don't want it to go too quick.  Ruins the fantasy.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#17]
In ... for the eventual arrest, trial, and conviction.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Manually choking someone out is so much safer. Please don't use chemicals, devices or play alone.

Best serious advice in the thread so far.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Why? You going camping this weekend?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I actually HAVE a bottle of chloroform at my office.  Let's go camping and we can answer your question.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]
OP should just try the handcuffs at the bar trick. It's much better when they fight.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I actually HAVE a bottle of chloroform at my office.  Let's go camping and we can answer your question.

Here toy go:

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Also, ether works better and is easier to obtain than chloroform.  [/span][/span]

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge,

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just wondering.

OP good luck on your upcoming date
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a huge risk for doing permanent damage with chloroform?
That said, an empty bottle of it sitting next to a rag is a hell of a conversation starter at dinner
evets
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a huge risk for doing permanent damage with chloroform?

That said, an empty bottle of it sitting next to a rag is a hell of a conversation starter at dinner

evets

Fill it halfway with some water & antifreeze mix for even more fun.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my other question, how long with said person be out for and will paint thinner work the same way.

Oh, hell; it gets better.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here toy go:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/Misc/ether.jpg

Forgot the imitation crab meat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If they breathe deeply, which is usually the case when surprised, they will start to drift off in 7-10 seconds. But, trust me it seems like much longer.

Yeah, when they fight and kick and try to scream it does sort of make things seem to drag out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here toy go:

Where is the duct tape?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wondering.

OP good luck on your upcoming date

Thank you . Its still few days off. I am still planning it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here toy go:

Ski mask! You forgot the ski mask!

Fucking. A. Newbies.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Ask Casey Anthony.......

Too Soon??
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#34]
clearly I have been misinformed on how fast chloroform works. What is the fastest working chem?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Animal tranq would be my guess
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Animal tranq would be my guess

Yup. Get Marlin Perkins for your wingman and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#37]
WTFuck?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#38]
In before the "So, I got arrested..." thread.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Why a rag? Can't find a nice girl?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread has ventured too close to CoC #4
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top