Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 12:53:42 AM EDT
what errors have you noticed in movies...

Like the lobby scene in Matrix where Neo (Keanu Reeves) is shooting a Skorpion (which fires a .32 ACP round) and the shells being ejected are .32 but the shells hitting the ground are .223 REM.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
"Heat"
In the bank robbery scene,when they are in the Lincoln trying to get away.When Deniro first fires out of the front glass he is shooting an fal or something. When the camera changes angles , he is back to his M16 Commando. Those Hollywood pukes think they know it all. This shows how well the actors pay attention. Maybe it is the editing mixup thing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Also in Heat, before the driver is shot after the robbers exit the bank, the camera accidently catches blood on the windshield of the Lincoln before the shot actually hits him.  OOPS!  

In the movie Sniper when Berringer and Zane are getting ready to shoot the villians out on the lake, Berringer says "wind on the water at 2 o'clock, 2 clicks right: make that 3 clicks".  Billy Zane then proceeds to adjust the elevation on his scope, and not the windage.

Not a movie, but I can hardly keep from laughing when watching The Learning Channel's Forensic Science series.  In the most recent episode when the narrator was describing the shooter as using a "silenced .22 semiauto rifle", it looked like a coffee can painted black attached to the bottom of a shotgun with electrical tape!  What a joke!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Terminator 2 in the Cyberdyne battle scene, how do does the Terminator power the M134 minigun.  Does the Terminator have an external power supply plug in point?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out [url]www.nitpickers.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Terminator 2 in the Cyberdyne battle scene, how do does the Terminator power the M134 minigun.  Does the Terminator have an external power supply plug in point?
View Quote

Yes the Terminator had an outside power supply but in Predator the black guy did not have an external power supply to tap into!
It did look good though!
Lynn  [uzi]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
There was a movie where a scene was painted as an ad for it that I think stared Jean Claude Van-Dame.

He was holding an M16 and the mag was inserted UPSIDE DOWN...

Anyone remember that one? You can see the feed lips and the rounds sticking out the bottom of the mag. I used to have a pic of it, but lost it when I upgraded to another computer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lutin Plunder:

Like the lobby scene in Matrix where Neo (Keanu Reeves) is shooting a Skorpion (which fires a .32 ACP round) and the shells being ejected are .32 but the shells hitting the ground are .223 REM.
View Quote

When I read the topic that was the first thing I thought of.  Another part of the matrix when Neo is shot at the end by the evil guy. In the shot of the .44 auto fireing you can clearly see the crimpnose blank.

I always love movies where the star fires the handgun but the slide doesn't cycle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The movie "ROGUE FORCE" is one iwill recomend to any one. It has more attention to detail that any movie I have seen recently. Except, at the end the Detective chick gets shotin the vest by a rogue agents mp-5 (9mm) and the round penetrates killing her.[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Well it even gets better when you look at the Hollywood liars
Steven Segal telling people he was CIA
and Brian Denehey telling people he was a  combat Marine in Vietnam
when he was really playing football on Okinawa...and even after he was
caught denied it until vets really pressed him on it...then he covered and said
he was doing it so that poor Vietnam vets would have an advocate in Hollywood
when asked if he was so concerned with Vietnam vets what had he done to help in his thirty years of success....gulp... ah... ah...
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]
In Evil Dead II Ash cuts his right hand off and attaches a chainsaw.  Ash ends up in the cellar trying to pick up the pages of the a book that fell.  He reaches with his right hand to grab the pages.  The next scene he gas the chinsaw back.
Not gun related, but chinsaws are cool!!!
[chainsawkill]

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
M16A2s in Platoon
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#12]
For more movie gun screw-ups than you can read in an afternoon, go to:

http://www.recguns.com/MovieGuns.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#13]
A2 pistol grips in Full Metal Jacket.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lutin Plunder:

View Quote

are you sure its a skorpion. thier is a scene where this happpens but he is shooting what seems to be a normal pistol with a bigt fake magizene.maybe im wrong
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#15]
How about the use of the 'shotgun slide sound efect' for just about everything gun related. Wether it's a bolt action, a pistol, a lever action, etc...

How about when the actors swing out the cylinders on their revolvers, then give it a spin. On TV it always makes a 'clicking' noise. Double actions don't click when the cylinder is in the loading position. I only had one revo that clicked when I turned the cylinder. That was a Super Blackhawk single action and the loading gate had to be open.

I was watching a COPS re-run. The female officer referred to the .44 Mag as the most powerfull handgun in the world. That may have been true in 1956 but not present day.  
It's funny how they never had to reload those old cap-n-ball revolvers in the westerns. Those damn things never seem to run out of ammunition. I counted Clint Eastwood firing 32 times without reloading his old Colt blackpowder revolver.

Why is it that in most sniper movies, the scope's reticle has flashing lights, a computer screen, or some other type of non-tactical gadgetry. Remember 'SNIPER' with Tom Berringer. The spotter's scope had flashing colored squares on the sides of the reticle.

How about 'Surviving the Game', where Iced Tea sticks paper in the barrel and then lets the bad guy try shoot him in the back. Now, I know an obstructed barrel could cause a problem, but who would bet their life on it?

There are hundreds of others, I just gotta stop.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Martix: when the 3 bad guys are in the building getting blasted by the mini gun-they are shooting back and shooting when falling down-look at his desert eagle-the muzzle flashes, but no recoil or ejection-looks like they added that falsh after for effect.

Predator:hen the black guy gets the mini gun and mows the forest for about 30-40 seconds he says he caped off 200 rounds at it (and missed).  Well, miniguns shoot that many reounds every couple of seconds!  Not to mrntion that you WOULD be on your ass pushing that much lead through the gun...
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#17]
This error is in every movie with a spas-12 or benelli m3 super90.  Most movies have one of the two if they have a large scale gunfight.
But they are always pumping every round in the movies.  

Now I know it is probably because they have to since firing blanks, but can't they get partially obstructed shotgun barrel to make them cycle, like they use for the handguns?

This severly impares video games also, since movies show them being pump only instead of auto-loading, almost every game with a spas-12 or m3 super90 has them as pump only like in the movies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#20]
In the latest Highlander Movie Endgame in one of the shooting scenes a bunch of new brass hits the ground (no primers).  And I love the way they find these high volume clips that hold an infinite number of shells or when they rack the slide every time you see them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys left out the scene from Matrix where they show blank brass cascading out of the helocopter.  By the way I find watching Jon Woo movies is like Coyote and roadrunner.  Where else could you see a military Humvee that does 0-60 in about 40 seconds catch a lear jet on takeoff from a dead stop?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#22]
In Tombstone, the shoot out at the OK corral, Doc has a three shot double barrel shotgun. And most of the six shooters all shoot "15" shots.

I believe it was in Thunderball, where 007 is sneaking around in a darkened "daylight" night time scene. First, he has an automatic, a 1911 I think, in his hand. Once the shooting starts, it suddenly changes into a .38 snubnose revolver, then back again to an automatic. I couldn't stop laughing, it was like a Benny Hill editing mistake. "You've changed...Have I?"
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#23]
In Shaft----Shaft chasing PR druggie down hall---druggie fires CLICK,CLICK,CLICK,CLICK (gat empty) next shot shows slide locked back on pistol.
Also in Shaft----Street shootout---Shaft firing over car with two gats filling PR druggie with hot lead---BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG (take that sucka) except slides locked back on both gats(while firing!)
Die Hard 2----porcelain Glocks
Ronin----My all time fav!----shot through vest and in agonizing pain De Niro directs buds on how to remove bullet. Then while examining bullet he exclaims it was sprayed with Teflon thus allowing it to "slip" through his vest. I think I'm gonna pass out nowwwwwwwwwww....
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#24]
In "Saving Private Ryan" when the are bout to torch the bunker and the throw to grenades into the trench to clear it, there is only one explosion even though the grenades where thrown about two seconds apart.

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top