Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:43:36 AM EDT
and I'm pissed.   She sees me and my wife as her piggy-bank and I'm sick of it.  As an RN she makes excellent $$$$$$$$$$$.   She has attempted to bum $18,000 from us to pay down her credit cards.  Not happening but it caused a hell of a fight.

Her latest stunts are now to plan events that where she bums the majority of the cash from the SO (mine).   She starts off low but then slowly asks for more $$.  A small get together for the kids has gone from my wife providing $170. for the  food has now mushroomed to almost $1000.  At this moment I think my wife has paid for every damn thing.
But the DIL has gone and bought floats or whatever that are towed behind boats and rented a place for a private party.   And I bet most of the funds came from my wife.

I may not be married next week as I plan to or attempt to put an end to this.

The son evidently can't control this gal and I believe he's pussy whipped for lack of a better discription.

Damn I hate people  I've got to the point that I don't want her around for wondering what she'll ask for next.

GD
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
and I'm pissed.   She sees me and my wife as her piggy-bank and I'm sick of it.  As an RN she makes excellent $$$$$$$$$$$.   She has attempted to bum $18,000 from us to pay down her credit cards.  Not happening but it caused a hell of a fight.

Her latest stunts are now to plan events that where she bums the majority of the cash from the SO (mine).   She starts off low but then slowly asks for more $$.  A small get together for the kids has gone from my wife providing $170. for the  food has now mushroomed to almost $1000.  At this moment I think my wife has paid for every damn thing.
But the DIL has gone and bought floats or whatever that are towed behind boats and rented a place for a private party.   And I bet most of the funds came from my wife.

The son evidently can't control this gal and I believe he's pussy whipped for lack of a better discription.

Damn I hate people  I've got to the point that I don't want her around for wondering what she'll ask for next.

GD

Weak son is the problem. Who raised him? Your wife just giving family funds to your DIL? Why aren't you keeping your hand strong? Less GANDY Dancing more regulating.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Why are you giving them any money whatsoever?

I can't extract a penny from my parents.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what you say:

"You're an RN. Pay for it yourself, bitch."
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to take control of your wife and have a heart-to-heart with your son.

It sickens me to see how men let women run their lives these days.

All of my buddies, except my best friend, don't draw breath unless their wives tell them it's okay.

Men are nearly extinct...

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If for potentially epic updates!

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Better well-hanged than ill-wed.

Same thing happened to my friend, but I don't think his wife ever hit up his parents for cash.  She would just keep running up CC bills until they got divorced.

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics of RN aren't loading.

Seriously, son needs to get some self-respect and shut this down.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

GD

fify

Do it- don't plan or attempt. It's your money too.

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
People can't take advantage of you unless you let them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]

parenting failures can oftentimes lead to results such as this

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People can't take advantage of you unless you let them.

+1

Roy
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to speak to your son and the harpy and spell out that they are never to ask for money.  Period.

Spell out that you will disinherit grasping shrews.

Tell your wife to get a spine and quit enabling the financial retardedness.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#13]
What does she do with her money she makes?
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like you need to have a talk with your son about getting his house in order, and then get your house in order as well.  I mean, it's your wife giving his wife money, right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If she is carrying $18k+ of credit card debt I would say she is quite use to living outside her means.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#16]
So much fail......
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#17]
People can't spend money if it's in a separate account. What's she going to do, withhold the pussy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#18]
So your son's Wife spends too much money.

Your Son allows it

Now your Son's Wife is spending your money and

Your Wife allows it

You allow it

Lots of fail here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

GD

You're top dog around there but...............you've been neutered.

If YOU don't stop it,it will only get worse......much worse.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#20]
pics of DIL aren't loading

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Did she vote for Obama?  If so, that explains everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

GD

Can I be your new son when you disown this one?  I just need an extra 100 a month for ammo
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I would have a longggggggg talk with the son. It will only get worse and your family and son will be the one hurt the most.
Hate to say it but the son needs to stand up before he Say's "I do".
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I understand the concern you have and I know you want to help your kid out, but sometimes the only way you can help is to toss them to the wolves and let them fight it out themselves. I would recommend getting them a copy of the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, or having them attend Fiancial Peace University, by the same guy, then wash your hands of it all. They will learn to manage their own fiances and take control of their lives, or start learning painful life lessons. Leave the choices up to them...

Financial Peace University
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Serious question OP, why are you bitching to us. I understand you need an outlet, but you outlet should be your wife, son, and DIL. You should be bitching at them so hard that they will shudder at the thought of allowing your mooch of a DIL to ask you for money directly or indirectly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Put the bitches in line.  The alpha needs to come out.

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds like you need to have a talk with your son about getting his house in order, and then get your house in order as well.  I mean, it's your wife giving his wife money, right?

This I believe is the correct course of action sir.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Your son absolutely 100% needs to eject now.

You might need to.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's what you say:

"You're an RN. Pay for it yourself, bitch."

No kidding. I don't get bumming off of people, esp when they make plenty.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
...............The son evidently can't control this gal and I believe he's pussy whipped for lack of a better discription.

Who did he inherit that trait from?

Anyone have a DNA map handy?

Quoted:
Quoted:

If she is carrying $18k+ of credit card debt I would say she is quite use to living outside her means.

Anyone helping her pay it off is just reloading it for her.

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like your son is following his fathers example

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Your son needs to put on his Big Boy britches and talk to his wife.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#33]
How about learn to say "NO" .........and mean it then stick to it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#34]
This thread isn't going the way the OP intended.

Seriously OP, it sounds like your wife isn't on your team.

Maybe your son told her to get the money from you guys, because you're both suckers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#35]
BTDT... son can talk to wife, but if she ignores him (and it sounds like she will), the next step is the big "D".  People don't really change.    
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

All of my buddies, except my best friend, don't draw breath unless their wives tell them it's okay.

Not in MY house they aren't.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Well the solution is to give her a pick and shovel and tell her to go at it.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the Poor.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Say to your wife:

Honey, I'm really not OK with giving son and DIL any more money.  It's becoming a major issue for me.  

See how she responds.  It'll probably be a variant of how her baby boy is too important to be allowed to fail.

You'll need to counter by pointing out that he's holding onto a drowning gold digging bitch and HE needs to correct the issue because you don't want to let her spending drag both families under.  

There will probably be tears.  Have a hankie handy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#40]
This is going to be great!
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Pics are not loading for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#42]
good luck changing anything, i'm pretty convinced things just get worse with women as time goes on.  They get more and more security and have the ultimate trump card "i want half your shit and I get full custody of the kids cause im a women"

It puts men in a terrible position and lets women act like little spoiled brats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why are you giving them any money whatsoever?

I can't extract a penny from my parents.

I'd never even ask. My parents let me borrow money to buy my first car and then one time when I was over seas just out of high school. I paid them back and haven't even hinted at it in the next 15 years.

Quoted:

This was the reason for the end of my last relationship. She wanted someone to pay her bills and wanted to be an equal in the relationship. I pretty well told her either she paid her own bills and was an equal in the relationship or she was a kept woman who had no voice in any of our decisions. She got a summons for her past due debt and took off. I dodged a huge bullet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Start laying the ban hammer. Looks like your son needs to get his love affair with pussy toned down a few notches.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Your son:

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

IMy best friend is so whipped by his gf. We used to play COD until like 3 or 4 in the morning. Good times all around. Now she makes him get off at 11 if he starts at 10, or like last night 1130 since he started at 1030. Lol my buddy came on the mic and was like alright guys I'm leaving. I said "the fuck bro? Its like 1130." I got no answer and his tone was like one of those deals where someone is nearby tapping their foot. He later texted me and said he accidently quit and was still going to sleep. I called him a pussy whipped bitch and he should join the navy like he planned to since he likes being told what to do lol.

My girlfriend knows the rules and what is ok and what isn't. She lets me do my thing and she does her's. Just let eachother know. However, when I make a decision it doesn't get changed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
good luck changing anything, i'm pretty convinced things just get worse with women as time goes on.  They get more and more security and have the ultimate trump card "i want half your shit and I get full custody of the kids cause im a women"

It puts men in a terrible position and lets women act like little spoiled brats.

You got that trump card too.  Play it first.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Hit up your local book store and check out The Millionaire Next Door.  

There's a chapter in there about Economic Outpatient Care.  

You can probably draw some nifty analogies since the DIL is an RN
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#49]
With all due respect, I believe your issues are with your wife, rather than his.

Grandma is getting all into the party planning, and the DIL is taking advantage of her.

Or, Gramma is too nice to say "No" and the DIL is taking advantage of it.  

Either way, you need to have a come to Jesus talk with her about the value of the word "No"  

It doesn't need to be a contentious issue, but you should simply say to both of them, "I worked hard for my money, and I don't feel comfortable wasting it.  The teller window is now CLOSED."

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah bet this goes swimmingly
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top