Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]

I went and saw it yesterday, at the Showcase Cinema De Lux, in the 'Director's Hall' screen room (fancy chairs and it's own bar/lounge).

I loved it.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
hoping to see it again tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I.Fell. Asleep. NO shit, straight up dozed off for , i'm guessing 5-15 minutes.. night hawk is bad when i doze off, iron man is zooming around with the turbines trying to to keep the fortress aloft.. i wake up the all the Avengers are curbstomping martians down broadway and 5th..so tell me , fanboys, just how much story did i miss?
to be fair saw it with my army buddies and we had been on training, doing 18+hour missions in 90* heat in lvl 3 hazmat suits/for 5 days or so.. dark theatre, good meal and spirits after a brutal week of training..
i am BUNRT THE FUCK OUT ON SUPERHERO MOVIES..
saw Cpt. America which was decent
never saw THOR or HULK
caught the first Ironman on r/r. SAW THE SECOND IN THEATRE.
Burton's Batman? Epic Tier. sorry youngsters, that's just the way it is. Nolan's standing in the shadow of Titans with his reinterpretation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Burton's Batman? Epic Tier. sorry youngsters, that's just the way it is. Nolan's standing in the shadow of Titans with his reinterpretation.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they had to be done over. The original Hulk had to be done over too. The same goes for Spiderman. They did that so poorly they're starting over with a new Spiderman movie.

You know nothing of movies, nor comic books.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome movie
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I seen the original Batman when it first came out.

And Nolan's Batman series is many many many times better than Tim Burton's Batman.

Not only was the first Batman movie...not all that great. But his second Batman film was GARBAGE.

Nolan's first one was better than any of the Batman movies from the late 80s and during the 90s. And his second one is in a class all of its own.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#9]

^I really, really like the first and second Burton Batman films. Then again, I saw them as a misty eyed child, and so perhaps they had an affect on me stronger (nostalgia goggles?) than they would as if I watched as an adult.

I really love the Nolan films though. Especially TDK, and TDKR looks to be another great success.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I've seen it three times now, twice in Imax 3D, and I haven't watched a movie multiple times in the theater since Return of the King.  I'll probably see it a couple more times this summer.  It's like someone took my childhood and put it in a 2 hour, 22 minute movie...
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
the first burton batman, with the joker, is still ok. I recently watched all 4 of that series
the second one goes downhill and the other two are worse. They didn't take the material seriously enough. I'm fine with a comic book movie not being serious but they went too far I think

that said, I much prefer this current trend of comic book movies that attempt to be "realistic" or as realistic as one can expect given the base material
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope.

Not in the slightest.

You'd have to be high to think so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the first burton batman, with the joker, is still ok. I recently watched all 4 of that series
the second one goes downhill and the other two are worse. They didn't take the material seriously enough. I'm fine with a comic book movie not being serious but they went too far I think

that said, I much prefer this current trend of comic book movies that attempt to be "realistic" or as realistic as one can expect given the base material
Yep, pretty much my view too. Batman never revealed his identity. Who knows Bruce is Batman? Alfred, Robin, Bat girl, and....  Well, that's pretty much the short list. Original Batman movies, he revealed his ID every movie.

FAIL.

New Batman movies? Rachel knows he's Batman. Rachel dies next movie. Tim Burton has a weird mind. He's got a new movie out soon. Kid goes all Frankenstein with his dog. Why all his movies have to be a cross between the subject material, Beetlejuice, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, is beyond me.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

Stopped reading right here

I should have stopped reading right there, but I continued through it.

OP, did you graduate middle school? Your grammar would indicate that you did not.
Oh, so you're a dick. That explains it. I wasn't trying to write you novel. I was trying to let people know about a good movie.  

The Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they had to be done over. That make you feel better professor?

By the way, your original "Stopped Reading right here"  had no period.
Asshole.

Just bought tickets for Sunday to go see this with a buddy. Looking forward to it. I actually semi-enjoyed Thor.
Got in trouble with that. Admin says to behave myself, so I will throttle it back a bit.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, pretty much my view too. Batman never revealed his identity. Who knows Bruce is Batman? Alfred, Robin, Bat girl, and....  Well, that's pretty much the short list. Original Batman movies, he revealed his ID every movie.

FAIL.

New Batman movies? Rachel knows he's Batman. Rachel dies next movie. Tim Burton has a weird mind. He's got a new movie out soon. Kid goes all Frankenstein with his dog. Why all his movies have to be a cross between the subject material, Beetlejuice, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, is beyond me.

The current batman movies are very good.  It is noticing a flaw in an expensive diamond though because of the shitty love interest acting.  I don't think they could have picked worse actresses outside of someone like precious.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see your and raise you a

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only thing the Dark Night had going for it was a cool bad guy.  The rest of the Batmovies were pure suck.

The Avengers was awesome

My only real question, why did Fury use a M&P while the rest of SHEILD used Glocks

Because it's better.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How many big actors in small parts?

Powers Booth was one of the council, I'm sure I recognized another one

Harry Dean Stanton was the security guard that found Banner

Jenny Agutter Logan's Run was in the council too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My only real question, why did Fury use a M&P while the rest of SHEILD used Glocks
Because he had good taste but couldn't afford a 1911?

or S&W paid for product placement???

But how could they miss the marketing opportunity to show off the new M&P Shield?

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

People in the theature cheered when his name appeared in the credits. Whats the deal?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly were his TV shows that built up an insanely huge cult following.

Josh knows how to tell a story and his dialog ability is amazing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he had good taste but couldn't afford a 1911?

or S&W paid for product placement???

But how could they miss the marketing opportunity to show off the new M&P Shield?

Fuck, considering how tight-lipped they were about the announcement, they probably declined due to fear it would leak out sooner during movie production.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they had to be done over. The original Hulk had to be done over too. The same goes for Spiderman. They did that so poorly they're starting over with a new Spiderman movie.

To combine all these characters into one mega movie had HUGE potential for them to blow it.

THEY DID NOT.

They knocked it out of the park. This one is worth paying for to see a second time.

Avengers is going to be a record breaker.

Go see it. Pee before the movie starts it's not the shortest movie.

Ha, ha, took my 5 year old son and made him go before the movie started...  just when the action is getting good he tells me he has to go real bad and can't hold it.  Missed a little unfortunately but it was a great show.  The Hulk kicks some serious ass!!

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Saw it last night in 3d.  Wasn't a bad movie but it sucked that I got a speeding ticket (40 in a 35) going there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I.Fell. Asleep. NO shit, straight up dozed off for , i'm guessing 5-15 minutes.. night hawk is bad when i doze off, iron man is zooming around with the turbines trying to to keep the fortress aloft.. i wake up the all the Avengers are curbstomping martians down broadway and 5th..so tell me , fanboys, just how much story did i miss?

to be fair saw it with my army buddies and we had been on training, doing 18+hour missions in 90* heat in lvl 3 hazmat suits/for 5 days or so.. dark theatre, good meal and spirits after a brutal week of training..

never saw THOR or HULK

You're one of those 1%'ers everyone talks about. You know, the 1% of people that like the 90's batman over the 00's. Go look it up on IMDB if you don't believe me.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
never saw THOR or HULK

"Get on your knees scumbag!
Now choke yourself.
...with MY hand, numb-nuts!
...now lean forward and choke yourself! "
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got back.

Excellent movie. No where near as good as The Dark Knight, but the best movie to come out made by Marvel Comics.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

People in the theature cheered when his name appeared in the credits. Whats the deal?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly were his TV shows that built up an insanely huge cult following.

Joss
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

animated gif, I guess it qualifies as a spoiler as I'm glad I saw it for the first time during the movie

Click To View Spoiler

Oh awesome

The audience absolutely lost it when that happened.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

animated gif, I guess it qualifies as a spoiler as I'm glad I saw it for the first time during the movie

Click To View Spoiler

Oh awesome

The audience absolutely lost it when that happened.

This and the Hulk/Thor scene after taking the Leviathan out stole a big part of the movie.....the .gif needs Hulk's comment at the end though.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Best movie in a decade.

Comic books come alive!
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

Yes... <rubs hands and leers> ... yessss.  

I thought I was imagining that.  I also thought she was hotter than Black Widow, but I can understand it if one might disagree with me.

So who was this? Character or actress name?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

I thought I was imagining that.  I also thought she was hotter than Black Widow, but I can understand it if one might disagree with me.

Robin Sparkles.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cobie Smulders playing Agent Hill.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#35]
And The Avengers has now passed $1 BILLION in world wide box office revenue!

It's the fastest movie to $100 million (domestic). The fastest to $150 million. The fastest to $300 million. The fastest to $1 billion. It had the biggest opening weekend take in history (domestic). The biggest 2nd weekend take in history.  It is on pace to break the all-time box office champ, Avatar, but that may be a tough milestone to make.
It is currently the 11th biggest money maker. It may have already exceeded The Dark Knight. By the end of next week, it should be about the 4th biggest grossing movie in history. And that's after less than a month in world wide release.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It's the fastest movie to $100 million (domestic). The fastest to $150 million. The fastest to $300 million. The fastest to $1 billion. It had the biggest opening weekend take in history (domestic). The biggest 2nd weekend take in history.  It is on pace to break the all-time box office champ, Avatar, but that may be a tough milestone to make.

It is currently the 11th biggest money maker. It may have already exceeded The Dark Knight. By the end of next week, it should be about the 4th biggest grossing movie in history. And that's after less than a month in world wide release.

Somewhere Ed Norton is punching himself in the face....

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think Ed knew that he could have made loads of money when they first asked him, considering the current success of the Iron Man/Captain America/Thor movies, and of comic book movies in general. I don't think he is too bothered about the money.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, he's probably beating himself up like towards the end of Fight Club!

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is one of the characters on "How I met your mother"
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a BluRay player in early 2010.  I have bought ONE BD since then - Dark Knight.  

I WILL be buying The Avengers on BD.

Band of Brothers
Black Hawk Down
Iron Man 1 and 2
Battle Los Angeles

You're welcome.

3:10 to Yuma, if you have a good sound system.
Gladiator
Master and Commander, another good movie for the sound
The Watchmen
Transformers 1 and 2
Both of the new Bond flicks

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Am I the only one to think this at the end when Fury sees all the aliens pouring through the portal and that he should say........." I'm tired of all the Mother Fucking aliens coming through the Mother Fucking portal"
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Am I the only one to think this at the end when Fury sees all the aliens pouring through the portal and that he should say........." I'm tired of all the Mother Fucking aliens coming through the Mother Fucking portal"

That would have been great. Saw it yesterday, excellent movie.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought a BluRay player in early 2010.  I have bought ONE BD since then - Dark Knight.  

Band of Brothers

Black Hawk Down

Iron Man 1 and 2

Battle Los Angeles

You're welcome.

Gladiator

The Watchmen

Transformers 1 and 2

Gladiator has the best quality pictures I've seen on bluray.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Band of Brothers

Black Hawk Down

Iron Man 1 and 2

Battle Los Angeles

You're welcome.

Gladiator

The Watchmen

Transformers 1 and 2

Gladiator has the best quality pictures I've seen on bluray.

only if you get the corrected re-release.  the original is know as one of the worst bluray transfers...

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why? IMO, Josh Whedon.

Loved it.

Joss

"Well...now I know that."

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really watch much TV but I have noticed there are some foxes on that show.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really watch much TV but I have noticed there are some foxes on that show.

83% of the women on that show are hot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Saw the movie this weekend.

Also, someone said that the voice of the Hulk was Lou Ferigno.

Stay after the credits.  It was Hilarious.

Fantastic flick.  I laughed a few times till my sides ached.  You all know the scenes.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top