Site Notices
11/20/2014 4:05:39 PM
11/19/2014 7:25:58 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3
Author
Tier 1 operator & internet toughguy
Posted: 4/14/2012 6:56:07 AM EST
Just got done stuffing my face with Sonic goodness. Double bacon cheezeyburger w/ fries, popcorn chicken with ranch dip, and cold, clean milk to wash it all down. Aaaaahhhh, good, greasy 'Merkin food, the kind of stuff that made this country great.

Serially, I work third shift, so come 6 AM, I want dinner, but everyplace is serving breakfast. You can only eat so much eggs & home fries before you crave a good, greasy burger and fries. I'd seen a Sonic & meant to try them some day.

So then, jonesin for a burger, stop in, and...

And the rest, as they say, is history. Now, stuffed with cheap, greasy food & quaffing brewskis, I'm posting on Arf as to the goodness that is Sonic. Even had one of their disgusting footlong chili cheeze dawgs the other day, which was just as greasy.

Thank you, God, for saving my egg-ravaged taste buds!
“There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment."
-Paul Theroux
gearjammer351
unimpressive member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 6:57:05 AM EST
Their Chicago-style hot dogs are the best ones I've had outside of Chicago.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
-Oscar Wilde
Waveform
Bi-Winning
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:00:40 AM EST
You should know that the meat in that double cheeseburger is full of pink slime and brine. It's really no better than dogfood.
Take me out into the black, Tell 'em I ain't coming back.
ED_P
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:04:09 AM EST
I like that their banana shakes have real banana in them. And the service times are always reasonable.
DaGrandPoobah
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:05:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Waveform:
You should know that the meat in that double cheeseburger is full of pink slime and brine. It's really no better than dogfood.

Aaahhh, now that's good 'Merkin food...

Serially, all this folderal about pink slime is much ado about nothing. Basically, it's hamburger; just a little more finely ground. Been eating it for years.
“There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment."
-Paul Theroux
Kharn
Mushroom Cloud Measurer
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:06:29 AM EST
The one in my county opens in a few days. I'm avoiding it until at least June.

Kharn
Sandit
NC's mercenary member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:11:32 AM EST
They're one of the few fast food places (that I know of) where you can get a cheeseburger for breakfast.

Jack in the Box is the other that I can think of.

I like them, but the local one did something I didn't think was possible.

Got one of their burgers served cooked to Medium doneness.

Didn't think that was possible with a patty that thin.
Quite possibly the only member of the Night Crew to have paid the entry fee.

Originally posted by BigEasySnow:
You watch it Mister, or I'll land an uppercut to your kneecap that will have you seeing stars!

Minion of Snow #13
ED_P
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:11:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

I agree.

Wingman26
Moderator-Oklahoma HTF
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:12:47 AM EST
Sonic was started less than a mile from where I'm sitting right now, longtime business in this area, a neighbor who was an attorney did a lot of their early legal work and was a major investor in the company. His family still owns several franchises, several are right here in Shawnee where it all started back in the 50's.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt
Site Staff http://mp-pistol.com/boards/
NRA Life
BeautifulStranger
The Legend
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:13:44 AM EST
I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their merinera and ranch.
Option A: You talk, we listen, no pain. Option B: You don't talk, I remove your thumbs with my pliers, it will hurt. Option C: I like to vary the details a bit but the punchline is... you die.
BWood
Don't Tread On Me
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:16:04 AM EST
The ones we have here are putrid.

They do not change the cooking oils frequently enough....the tater tots / fries are the worse.

thumbs down big time
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
gearjammer351
unimpressive member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:16:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By ED_P:

I agree.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_1867.jpg

That makes me want one even more!

Now if only some place around here did Italian beef sammiches.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
-Oscar Wilde
DaGrandPoobah
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:17:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By BeautifulStranger:
I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their merinera and ranch.

You just broke my heart.

Really, tho, always a welcome out for a lady with good taste.
-Paul Theroux
BeautifulStranger
The Legend
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:19:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By DaGrandPoobah:

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.
Option A: You talk, we listen, no pain. Option B: You don't talk, I remove your thumbs with my pliers, it will hurt. Option C: I like to vary the details a bit but the punchline is... you die.
Bostekrisco
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:20:12 AM EST
The fast food onion rings of the Gods.
If you'd be so kind not to wake me, I think I'll just sit this one out.
Sandit
NC's mercenary member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:20:53 AM EST

I have always loved Sonic. Yeah it's greasy but it just adds to the flavor. My husband can't stand their burgers but he does like the popcorn chicken. I like to dip everything in their marinera and ranch.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

You watch it Mister, or I'll land an uppercut to your kneecap that will have you seeing stars!

Minion of Snow #13
Balforin
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:22:59 AM EST
You guys call that a hotdog?

All I'm seeing is tomato, onions, peppers, relish, mustard......... and a pickle. Where's the damn dog???
bookertbab
Hey, group! Stay sick, Ova-dey.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:23:22 AM EST

Never had one in Chicago, but I do like the ones at Sonic.
NRA Life member.

Careful with that axe, Eugene.
wintermute
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:24:47 AM EST
Sonic burgers suck balls. There should never be more onion than meat on a burger .

Fries - BK is better. Burgers - anything is better. Shakes -McD's is better. McFlurry is orders of magnitude better than any Sonic Blast I've had. At one time Sonic had Peanut Butter shakes, which were crazy awesome. Since the local ones stopped serving those, I haven't been in months, maybe a year or more actually.
The_Mocker
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:24:59 AM EST

you should do some research before spouting crap about things you know nothing about
Vespid_Wasp
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:26:40 AM EST
Love going there for everything except the onion rings.
gearjammer351
unimpressive member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:28:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By bookertbab:

Never had one in Chicago, but I do like the ones at Sonic.

It's been many years since my last trip to Chi-town (memory fading....), but I fell in love with them. If anything is different, the ones I had in Chicago use a slightly better quality meat. The rest is pretty much the same. It's a very good reproduction.

I've been to several other places around that serve 'Chicago style' dogs and they all sucked.
-Oscar Wilde
BobRoberts
65% more bullet
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:28:57 AM EST
The fine people from Wisconsin have this one g
uys:

"George said "TAX? Fuck that, I THE FUCKING MAN!" Then took a bunch of shots of the whiskey he made himself and shot King George in the goddamned face." -RustedAce
DamascusKnifemaker
Don't drink the Koolaid!!!!!
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:29:36 AM EST
They closed the Sonics in Cedar City, UT and in St. George, UT. several years ago. I miss Sonic.
This is Nevada, we don't care how you did it in California.
Cowards always criticize those who choose a course of action rather than letting events control their fate. - America-first
corwin1968
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:30:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2012 7:31:11 AM EST by corwin1968]
Here in the Sonic Capital of the World, the Sonics are VERY hit and miss. The one nearest my house is fantastic and regularly serves me cheeseburgers that are as good as Smashburger or Fuddruckers. The Sonic nearest to where I work serves luke-warm burgers with what feels and tastes like 3-day old buns.

I'm a big Sonic fan and have been since the 70's but I don't see them going in a positive direction.
marcushire
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:31:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2012 7:33:08 AM EST by marcushire]
Sonic is only good for drinks and shakes. At that, they excel.

Everything else is varying degrees of suck.

And I am from OK.

Guess their tots are good.

Having originated in OK, there is a Sonic on every corner. Drive the backroads of the state, come across a dead/dying town with a population of 100. They'll have a Sonic. Guaranteed.

DaGrandPoobah
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:32:17 AM EST

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.

Oooh, I like you even better!

What is your avatar, by-the-by? Is that the Emerald City in the background? It looks like Dorthy ditched that ghastly Amish skirt & geared up for the Wicked Witch.
-Paul Theroux
Sandit
NC's mercenary member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:33:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By wintermute:

Fries - BK is better.

Which is why you order tots.

Minion of Snow #13
BeautifulStranger
The Legend
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:34:43 AM EST
Sonic burgers suck balls. There should never be more onion than meat on a burger .

Fries - BK is better. Burgers - anything is better. Shakes -McD's is better. McFlurry is orders of magnitude better than any Sonic Blast I've had. At one time Sonic had Peanut Butter shakes, which were crazy awesome. Since the local ones stopped serving those, I haven't been in months, maybe a year or more actually.

I have to agree about the onions but I don't like onions on my burgers. I get mine with mustard and pickle only and I always get tots instead of fries.

I wish they would bring back the chocolate cream pie shake. That was the best.
DaGrandPoobah
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:35:09 AM EST

SILENCE!!!!!! Begone, you heathen!
-Paul Theroux
BeautifulStranger
The Legend
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:36:26 AM EST

You just broke my heart.

I'm open minded.

Who cares if he is.

Oooh, I like you even better!

What is your avatar, by-the-by? Is that the Emerald City in the background? It looks like Dorthy ditched that ghastly Amish skirt & geared up for the Wicked Witch.

It's Blondie from the movie Sucker Punch
Wormfood
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:37:09 AM EST
Never ate at one. In the Metro we stopped at one, but one of the workers outside said we had to go to a school, pickup some flyer, then comeback. So we went to McD's instead.
AKSig
I AM THE C.L.I.T. COMMANDER!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:39:25 AM EST
Foot long chili cheese Coney with onions, chili cheese tator tots with onions and a Rte. 44 unsweetened iced tea please.
SnoopisTDI
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:39:48 AM EST
Sonic is pretty good, but their quality varies from one location to the next. If you had it once and didn't like it, I really suggest trying another location.

Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

I've been there a few times. It was ok, but nothing great.
"I took a sip of [the whisky] and thought, well this isn't too bad."
DixieOnepercenter
Tree Honky
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:40:13 AM EST
My favorite thing to get at Sonic is a Route 44 Limeade Slush... until I'm wanting to scream from brain freeze right after I get it.

Many of the carhops here still do their job on roller skates. I like that.
Some insurance man-biker is yellin' out for one more beer
But a part-time pirate just can't get much respect around here.
Jarhead08
Naval Gang-Bang Spotter Tier 2
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:41:47 AM EST

Here you dropped your tofu.................
The speed, accuracy and devastating power of American Artillery won confidence and admiration from the troops it supported and inspired fear and respect in their enemy.
Gen Dwight D. Eisenhower
Darrellbear
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:42:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

This. Culver's rocks. My nearest Culver's happens to be across the street from Sonic, I rarely go to Sonic anymore.

I used to like Sonic. It seems anymore that every time I go there, they do something to piss me off.
Maynard
Squeezing My Thrust, Thrusting My Squeeze
InstructorMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:44:53 AM EST
None around here, the only one that I've seen somewhat local is closed now.

I ate there twice, food was not very good.

Originally Posted By patchouli:

Maynard is a major buzz kill. He is probably making wine in the az desert right now and staring at thousands of pictures of nipples while whipping himself and putting on lipstick.
slappomatt
Elevator constructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:45:12 AM EST

callmenoshie: "saying that females have the potential to be "bat shit crazy" is like saying the sky has the potential to be blue."
happycynic
Infidel
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:45:47 AM EST
Love their banana splits!

Live Free or Die; Death is Not the Worst of Evils

- Revolutionary General John Stark
cmjohnson
I see stupid people. They're EVERYWHERE.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:58:11 AM EST
Five Guys > all other burger chains.

"Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark.
Now they will learn why they fear the night."....Thulsa Doom

"How are your eyes adjusting to light? It must have been dark under that rock. "..Mosin_nagant
Jarhead08
Naval Gang-Bang Spotter Tier 2
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:00:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:

Checking in for soggy mediocre fries and over priced burgers......check.
The speed, accuracy and devastating power of American Artillery won confidence and admiration from the troops it supported and inspired fear and respect in their enemy.
Gen Dwight D. Eisenhower
RedZ71
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:02:39 AM EST
sonic tater tots for the win!
bluetick357
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:05:53 AM EST
Whataburger Is the greatest fast food burger ever,I don't eat much fast food,but Whataburger owns.
ThatGuy91K
Labtek Rednek
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:07:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jarhead08:

Checking in for soggy mediocre fries and over priced burgers......check.

I had my first Five Guys experience on Tuesday. To say it was a let down would be an understatement.

And I can eat a Super Sonic breakfast burrito three meals a day and never get tired of it.
"The only recession proof jobs is politician and lobbyist.. I can't do either since I have bad knees" - TeacherInCA
ilikeporkchops
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:10:17 AM EST

Smash Burger>Five guys
I would never go down on a chick while in Mexico. Ever.
Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. ... But in the morning
"Winston Churchill"
AKSig
I AM THE C.L.I.T. COMMANDER!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:12:29 AM EST

Fail.
basselope22
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:21:53 AM EST
Route 44 oceanwater ftw.
Slavac
B4K4 and Space Nut
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:23:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By ED_P:

I agree.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_1867.jpg

The chicago dog and the new york dog (spicy mustard and sauerkraut) are both very delicious.
Humanity has two options: colonize space or wither away into the ether.
m00ler03
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:26:29 AM EST
closest sonic is almost 2 hours away...
KCHawg
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:30:29 AM EST
Why did they have to get rid of some of my Sonic favorites? Hickory burger...gone. Chicken strip dinner...gone. Frito chili pie...gone.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3