Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/9/2012 6:55:32 PM EDT
So what's the deal with SIG warranty repair? Will they send me a shipping label like everyone else or are they going to be a dick and expect me to pay $60+ to ship their shitty pistol? Are they real hard asses about "proof of purchase?"
Update:So I called, they asked for the serial, they said it was too old and to basically fuck off.
I'm so ashamed of myself for buying a God damn SIG.
Update 2:So, I brought it back to the shop where it was purchased at and they are returning it to SIG, no questions asked.
I'll keep you guys updated on phase 2 of Operation Insecticide.
Phase 3 is the band saw.
Update 2.1:So, after well over three weeks now, I contacted the shop and they reported that SIG says it's ready to ship back.

We'll see.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
did the diamondplate fall off?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's a fucking Mosquito.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a fucking Mosquito.

just toss it in the fireplace and enjoy the ambiance

good riddance to bad garbage

I wish I could help, but I can't so I'm going to be a snarky ass, because we are talking Sig, and thats what I'm programed to do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a fucking Mosquito.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Give um a call

IME they treat end users well they will probably pick up the tab on shipping

They make dealers pay their freight though

so do it on your own don't have your dealer do it

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You know what this stupid motherfucker does?

Aside from the FTFire/FTFeed/FTExtract/FTEject, the God damn thing now drops the fucking slide when you hit the mag catch!

WTF!? I've never even used the slide stop to return the slide so it's not from wear.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You must have missed the thread last month about the sig and glock that were falling apart. Sig told the owner to get F'ed.

That's all the warranty service info I need to know about sig.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to ship back my P220 Elite about a year ago and they were really cool about it. Got the shipping label in the mail, boxed it up with a letter in the box and mailed it in. Had my gun back and fixed in about two weeks, pretty painless. Was a little pissed they function tested the shit out of it and didn't clean it before shipping back but hell, if thats the worst of it then Im more than happy with their service. But WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BUY A MOSQUITO?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BUY A MOSQUITO?

I bought it before its problems were well know.

It was alright until it went full fucking retard today.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC SIG's most current story is that the early guns had "European Chambers" that were too tight

have had some customer's go at their's with JB bore compound  on a chamber mop in a drill

but as they say if it works its not stupid

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC SIG's most current story is that the early guns had "European Chambers" that were too tight

lol ok.

European .22LR ammo is grease all to shit.  It usually takes up more space.  And the projectile is typically fatter at the end to engage rifling.

what a bunch of cocksuckers
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

have had some customer's go at their's with JB bore compound  on a chamber mop in a drill
but as they say if it works its not stupid

lol nevah been dun befoooo
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm so fucking mad right now, mad at myself. Why did I buy a SIG!?

If they charge me for shipping, or give me shit about not having a receipt, I'm going to make Dan look like a SIG fanboy.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they charge me for shipping, or give me shit about not having a receipt, I'm going to make Dan look like a SIG fanboy.

This will indeed be epic
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what they told our officer manager after her's wouldn't work

Only problem was her gun was a FDE one that was less than a year old LOL

after much shit was given to her and everyone in the shop lined up for told ya so's

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]
My mosquitto went back for warranty, they called UPS and had a shipping label ready at the shipping center for me, I just brought the gun in in it's box and gave it to them, they boxed it up, sent it off, and the following week it showed back up at my doorstep.

T
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you bought this like 6 years ago?

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

About three.

It only has around a brick through it though, as I have many other .22's.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

About three.

It only has around a brick through it though, as I have many other .22's.

yikes.  That is pretty bad.

I don't even clean my suppressed ruger until I have 2 or 3 bricks through it.  It's gritty as fuck now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Despite the fact that Dan has, in typical fashion, tried to fuck up another thread, SIG's warranty work is pretty good.  I had a pistol shipped off and returned after repairs in about 2.5 weeks.  

I am here to support my friend Glockreaper through these trying emotional times.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only ever had EXCELLENT customer service from Sig.

My fiber optic front sight on the P226 TacOps fell out, they send me two new for free.

My slide needed refinishing and they refinished it although it did take a while.

Whenever I call, even just to order springs/small parts they are helpful.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]

I have nothing but contempt for that guy and his fucking piano.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#28]

That guy has no idea what he's even complaining about.  Boo fucking hoo, I have to clean it and the barrel wasn't completely surface refinished to factory condition.  Mall ninja first gun buyer there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That guy has no idea what he's even complaining about.  Boo fucking hoo, I have to clean it and the barrel wasn't completely surface refinished to factory condition.  Mall ninja first gun buyer there.

cokeman has a lot of guns

he is also the best bumpfirerer on youtube
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Sig was really good with fixing my 551A1 and in short order, i ended up with 2 extra magazines in the process as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You must have missed the thread last month about the sig and glock that were falling apart. Sig told the owner to get F'ed.

To be fair, it looked like that dude's sig had been sitting at the bottom of a lake for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
They have always treated me well, andwere fast and complete.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He says "according to everyone I've talked to, the barrel wear here and here are normal," not "the barrel wear is normal."  He displays no familiarity with camming barrel actions.

He also sounds like he just dropped half a bottle of xanax.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He says "according to everyone I've talked to, the barrel wear here and here are normal," not "the barrel wear is normal."  He displays no familiarity with camming barrel actions.

Lulz.

Yeah that dude is jusy being a whinning pussy, boo-hoo I shoot my pistols and they show wear. My P226 shows the exact same kind of wear, and it has never failed to go bang, ever.

Can't believe he was being pissy about SIG testing out two boxes of ammo to make sure it was functioning right, would he have preferred for them to  just shoot a full magazine and call it a day?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lol...this
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

My mosquitto went back for warranty, they called UPS and had a shipping label ready at the shipping center for me, I just brought the gun in in it's box and gave it to them, they boxed it up, sent it off, and the following week it showed back up at my doorstep.

T

Did they bust your balls about proof of purchase?

'Cuse I haz none.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#37]
If they're as bad as you guys say they are now, then something there has radically changed.

I blew up a P229 that I bought used several years ago by handloading while drunk (bad idea, don't do this).  When I called, the guy thanked me for my honesty and said they'd take a look at it.  The barrel was bulged so I couldn't get the slide off to see how bad it really was.

He sent me a shipping label, and I sent it off the next day.  About a week later they called and said my pistol was fixed, asking for a credit card #.  They charged me $175 for a new barrel, but also replaced all of the springs and a couple of pins for free while they had it (essentially their $99 "tuneup" job).  Asked my if I wanted a set of nightsites added while they had it for $50, which I had them do.  Then, they shipped it back to me for free.  2 weeks after the incident I was outside shooting it again, and changed my reloading procedures

OP, while your pistol may be a POS, I think it's premature to blow them in until you've at least talked to them first.  They treated me better than I ever expected.

-Slice

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I think it's premature to blow them in until you've at least talked to them first.  

That's not the Arfcom way Sir.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Not at all. Though I was hoping for a free spare mag for my inconvenience like some companies have done.

T

Quoted:

Quoted:

T

Did they bust your balls about proof of purchase?

'Cuse I haz none.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Not at all. Though I was hoping for a free spare mag for my inconvenience like some companies have done.

Thank you.

You know what S&W gave me for the inconvenience of sending my M&P (slide rust) in?

Free night sights.

Ruger gave me a free mag for the LCP recall.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Ask this Guy. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0JXBADOLc[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#42]

You're a couple of hours late....
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know that SIG doesn't make the Mosquito, right? The same company that make the POS Walther P22 and S&W's new M&P22 pistol makes them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I had the slide break on one of my two Mosquitos.  I'd had the thing for close to 5 years or so, and it just came apart one day at the range.  The first inch or so of the slide, even with the sort of front of the slide, directly split right above the back of where the guide rod goes through, and just came off.  Whole back of the slide fell off the other way, muzzle fell forward, spring went downrange and I was standing there with a gun that just went "pffft".

I called Sig and gave them an earful - a gun should not just blow up.  Being a .22, it was more of a kapop, and not a kaboom.  I mentioned that I introduce new shooters on it since it's an easy, fun-shooting .22, and what the hell kind of gun are they making if it just comes apart?

They stated they only had a 1 year warranty on the pistol, but agreed to fix it anyway.  I ended up paying for shipping, but they replaced the slide.

I sent it in with no magazine, they sent it back with a magazine.  In the end, I was up one mag, and my mosquito works fine again.  I was out shipping, but whoop-de-do.

I have something like 5K rounds through it, and bought it around 2006.

Call them up.  If you're somebody who's special to them (mil, leo, vet, instructor, NRA member, competitive shooter, respected firearm blogger, etc.) mention it and try their special numbers.  You may get better treatment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you all.

I will call later today and report back.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Sig Customer Service used to be great.  Some of their current handguns have been dogs.   The Sig P250 definitely has problems and the P238 had a LOT of teething problems.  

A buddy of mine had one of the first GSR models which was Sig's first attempt at a 1911.  This thing was so bad it never should have left the factory.  The damned hammer was crooked and it was basically a single shot with an 8 rd magazine.  This POS went back to Sig 5 times on their dime!  Each time it was returned and the hammer was still crooked and it would continue to jam!  The fifth time it was sent in, Sig returned a new stainless P220 and my friend was happy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Did you miss the 1,000,000,000 other threads about how much shit Sig pumps out these days? Good luck getting it fixed up and if they do "fix" it take it right away and trade it for Ruger MKII which is made with quality like a pistol should be.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 1:39:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

take it right away and trade it for Ruger MKII which is made with quality like a pistol should be.

Even if I keep this regret, I'll probably buy one of these next.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 1:49:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
take it right away and trade it for Ruger MKII which is made with quality like a pistol should be.

Even if I keep this regret, I'll probably buy one of these next.

You can't go wrong with a Ruger... these are some of mine:

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, it looked like that dude's sig had been sitting at the bottom of a lake for a couple of years.

"Hi SIG customer service?  Yeah, I mistreated the hell out of my gun and let it sit in a chemical bath for a year and it corroded my gun.  Fix it for me for free please!    WHAT do you mean, not under warranty...you are assholes.  I drove my Ford into a bridge abutment for fun and Ford repaired it for free under warranty....oh , wait that was a dream... companies dont repair things like that."

I am in the midst of a P3at epic story to get it working...but I am hoping for the best.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top