The Washington Times

1:27 p.m.,
Saturday, April 7, 2012

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

"The gun.”

Those two simple words flowed easily from the mouth of social
commentator Bill Cosby during an exclusive interview Friday regarding
the Trayvon Martin case, arguably the most high-profile,
citizen-on-citizen U.S. slaying facing the Obama administration.

Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., by neighborhood
watchman George Zimmerman, who told police that a "confrontation” with
the unarmed 17-year-old led him to shoot in self-defense.

Mr. Cosby, a Navy veteran, said "the gun” empowered Mr.
Zimmerman, whose actions have stirred a firestorm of debate, protests
and remarks from President Obama.

"We’ve got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are
supposed to be on neighborhood watch,” said Mr. Cosby, whose remarks
were the first he has made publicly about the case.

"Without a gun, I don’t see Mr. Zimmerman approaching Trayvon
by himself,” Mr. Cosby explained. "The power-of-the-gun mentality had
him unafraid to confront someone. Even police call for backup in similar
situations.

"When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody,” he said.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]

ETA: I suppose it's possible that having a gun emboldened Zimmerman when he might otherwise have stayed in his car or some such.

However, it's impossible to say if that was the case. In all likelihood, Zimmerman would have done the exact same thing had he been unarmed.

Actually, I can't say that, because I don't know what Zimmerman would have or would not have done had he been unarmed.

And Bill Cosby doesn't know, either.

So, until all the facts come out, fuck 0bama. And then fuck 0bama even more, whatever the outcome.

Oh, and fuck Bill Cosby, too, but mostly fuck 0bama.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Blame the gun for making someone bolder?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm going to say that Mr Cosby is wrong on this one.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, that does it for me.  You should never be anywhere near a police man, federal agent, or member of the armed forces becuase according to this aricle they carry guns and are going to kill you.  Now I get it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet his son could have used one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh fuck.......
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Cosby is one of those "domesticated" african-americans...educated and wealthy....

he has no bond with his fellow "brothers" anymore, but will chime in when the race card is in play...

freaking liberal douche
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Another asshole statement from the has been.

Another douche trying to be relevant.  I'd bet a million had this happened back when The Cosby show was on prime time, he wouldn't have said shit if he had a mouthful.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Want more jello pudddddddin
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh fuck.......

Lot of truth there.

Sadly, I think Cosby is going senile.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#14]
He's not the only one. America is completely divided.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]
What? Bill Cosby is jumping the gun before having all the facts in this racially charged case??????

Wait.....he pulled that same shit with Tawana Brawley, and he was totally fucking wrong.

Fuck Bill Cosby.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck Bill Cosby.  Anyone remember the Tawana Brawley case?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Bill was a next door neighbor for several years when I lived in MA.  He is a good guy.  

Please keep in mind his comments may be soured somewhere from being blasted and ridiculed by the NAACP when he commented about the status of black youth looking for jobs....with his comments "learn to speak English, take, off your hat, and pu;ll your pants up".  

I have met him numerous times....he is a very good man.  Please keep in mind my comment in the above paragraph.

As for the liberal douche comments....you would be wrong about him.  He is pretty damn conservative.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember this is a man who's son was killed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This. Although I have a CCW I seldom carry.

WHen I do my whole attitude changes.

I become a yes, Sir, No, Sir, Anything you say, Sir kind of guy and go WELL out of my way to avoid ANY kind of confrontation.

A lot of people wish I would carry more often

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
In the word of Eddie Murphy;  "Bill, have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up".
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Well not knowing Zimmermans mental make up it's difficult to know what he thought.
There are quite a few individuals out there with a LEO want to be attitude.
Even if Mr Cosby is right in this case I don't see how you can realistically prevent it.
I believe that the police policy for people involved with the neighborhood watch discouraged people being armed.
That being said if he was legally carrying I don't know what could have been done about it officially.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Bill fuck you shut the fuck up nobody gives a fuck what you fucking say anymore.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I have been carrying guns in public for all of my adult life in one manner or another...I have never felt empowered to confront anyone...

nor have I ever let a gun "make" me kill someone...

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#25]
So if "the gun" emboldened Zimmerman to follow Martin, what emboldened Martin to come after Zimmerman?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bill was a next door neighbor for several years when I lived in MA.  He is a good guy.  

Please keep in mind his comments may be soured somewhere from being blasted and ridiculed by the NAACP when he commented about the status of black youth looking for jobs....with his comments "learn to speak English, take, off your hat, and pu;ll your pants up".  

I have met him numerous times....he is a very good man.  Please keep in mind my comment in the above paragraph.

As for the liberal douche comments....you would be wrong about him.  He is pretty damn conservative.

WHY?  Because he was nice to you at a block party?

He "was" a conservative when he was in the business, just like Colin Powell; once he didn't need 'Whitey's advertising dollars', his true nature came out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He "was" a conservative when he was in the business, just like Colin Powell; once he didn't need 'Whitey's advertising dollars', his true nature came out.

My comments are based upon personal experience and having met him...shot the shit with him in the post office....standing by his car when he pulled up to say hello, etc.....

yours are based upon?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Cosby is usually a voice of reason,  but not this time.  Why would Zimmerman NOT have the right to confront Martin and ask him his business?  What emboldened Martin to attack Zimmerman?  Drugs?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody,” he said.

Well, he nailed that one. That's exactly what I mean to do with mine if someone forces me into that situation. I wonder how he'd feel about it if Ennis had habitually carried a gun for the same reason.

+1 but his comment about taking the gun away from the people is just fruit loops.

Fuck Bill Cosby!
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]
How did I know this thread was going to get so racial?

The man makes no mention of race, but people here CANNOT GET PAST IT.  For some of you EVERYTHING is about race.

Cosby is blindly anti-gun.  THAT was his motivation here.  THAT is painfully obvious.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My comments are based upon personal experience and having met him...shot the shit with him in the post office....standing by his car when he pulled up to say hello, etc.....

yours are based upon?

Following his career as a child to an adult.  They guy has done a 180 in my opinion; your opinion is biased because you're emotionally attached.

Hey, I used to think he was a great guy too, I thought he stood for racial equality and harmony.  Now he's poised to jump on either the racist or anti-second amendment bandwagon and that's out of his career character.  He seems to be quite the phony, and again, just like Colin Powell.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The man makes no mention of race, but people here CANNOT GET PAST IT.  For some of you EVERYTHING is about race.

Cosby is blindly anti-gun.  THAT was his motivation here.  THAT is painfully obvious.

Good for you, now have a cookie.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you, now have a cookie.

Yep the "everyone is a racist" bit just never gets old.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The man makes no mention of race, but people here CANNOT GET PAST IT. For some of you EVERYTHING is about race.

Cosby is blindly anti-gun. THAT was his motivation here. THAT is painfully obvious.

If you'd step back for a bit and look at the real world of Progressivism, being anti-gun goes hand in hand with being anti-liberty, and the horse of anti-liberty is ridden hard by folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

2+2 ...... how does it compute?

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So if "the gun" emboldened Zimmerman to follow Martin, what emboldened Martin to come after Zimmerman?

He was keeping it real, yo!
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#36]
fuck bill cosby he's a fucking racist anyways. years ago i saw an interview with him sounding off about some book called the debt. it was about how blacks are owed reparations for slavery....monetary reparations. fuck that guy
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Cosby is one of those "domesticated" african-americans...educated and wealthy....

he has no bond with his fellow "brothers" anymore, but will chime in when the race card is in play...

freaking liberal douche

He actually got it right once or twice.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#38]
In some cases some of what he says might be true. But that's the scary thing about rights is that idiots have rights too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I have spoke with Bill for literally hours.  He is more common sense, middle of the road than you can ever imagine.  He lived in the same area for years....others that know him say the same exact thing.  He is about as non-assuming as one can possibly be.  He cares about family, traditional values, etc.  He gives back much to the community.  

He lives in Western Mass in the Berkshires.  Western MA is a pretty damn conservative place......it is more akin to VT  than Boston any day.  

I still recall how the NAACP roasted his ass for his comments that I posted.  He felt betrayed by those comments from the community and took it.  I felt sorry for him on that one.  

If you only knew what he and his wife have done in that area....and met him....your opinions may be different.  My meets were frequent, and casual......with him waving as he drove by or stopping to say hello and us shooting the shiot about things like living in the Berkshires....how much snow we would get....if they would ever get on top of plowing it all the next winter, etc.....normal day to day conversations....we both were in the Navy...got to shoot the shit about that as well.  

I stand by my comments.....he is too good of a guy to turn his back on in my humble opinion.

He is the voice of reason in the black community who is frequently betrayed by them......my hat is off to him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Bill Cosby, no matter how nice he may be in the post office parking lot, is a racist.

Tawana Brawley (fuck, some people have SHORT memories)...Google it if you don't remember. He jumped right the fuck in on her claims, he threw not only money at her but his CONSIDERABLE CELEBRITY to her cause, and he helped to ruin the lives of the people she accused.

Know what? He was FLAT OUT WRONG. He jumped right in and backed her because of RACE, and when he found out that she was completely full of shit, he bailed out without a single word of apology to ANYONE who's life he helped to turn completely upside down.

I'll say it again, fuck Bill Cosby.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe Trevon shouldn't have brought his fists to a gun fight, sometime when you are young you have to learn things the hard way no mater what color you might be.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have spoke with Bill for literally hours.  He is more common sense, middle of the road than you can ever imagine.  He lived in the same area for years....others that know him say the same exact thing.  He is about as non-assuming as one can possibly be.  He cares about family, traditional values, etc.  He gives back much to the community.  

He lives in Western Mass in the Berkshires.  Western MA is a pretty damn conservative place......it is more akin to VT  than Boston any day.  

I still recall how the NAACP roasted his ass for his comments that I posted.  He felt betrayed by those comments from the community and took it.  I felt sorry for him on that one.  

If you only knew what he and his wife have done in that area....and met him....your opinions may be different.  My meets were frequent, and casual......with him waving as he drove by or stopping to say hello and us shooting the shiot about things like living in the Berkshires....how much snow we would get....if they would ever get on top of powing it all the next winter, etc.....normal day to day conversations....we both were in the Navy...got to shoot the shit about that as well.  

I stand by my comments.....he is too good of a guy to turn his back on in my humble opinion.

He is the voice of reason in the black community who is frequently betrayed by them......my hat is off to him.

Someone has a man crush. I don't doubt what you are saying but I disagree with his stance on the 2nd Amendment.His ideas are not only wrong but very dangerous to our freedom and personal liberty.
Fuck BC.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Remember this is a man who's son was killed.

Yeah, by an illegal alien from Russia or some place. So his wife blamed white people for it...
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, that does it for me.  You should never be anywhere near a police man, federal agent, or member of the armed forces becuase according to this aricle they carry guns and are going to kill you.  Now I get it.

Oh,  you done it now......
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you only knew what he and his wife have done in that area....and met him....your opinions may be different.  My meets were frequent, and casual......with him waving as he drove by or stopping to say hello and us shooting the shiot about things like living in the Berkshires....how much snow we would get....if they would ever get on top of plowing it all the next winter, etc.....normal day to day conversations....we both were in the Navy...got to shoot the shit about that as well.  

The Berkshires Mountains and Western Mass are a conservative area?

OK....I lived near there for 4 years and that wasn't my impression....

BTW, I'm guessing you're talking about how he was ashamed of the then attitude of Rapsters?  The man was and is an expert on living in Corporate America, he was also being a tool for the same.  Lets see how far he goes with the hoodie thing here, that will be the "proof in the pudding" (no pun intended), we'll see if he goes on stage with any race baiter's like Rev. Al.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Neither Western Mass nor VT are conservative.  Unless you are only comparing them to Boston.  In my book you are immediately disqualified from being conservative when you advocate anti 2A BS.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Bill Cosby has put his foot in his mouth more times than I can count.

Seems that he has difficulty doing any objective research on his own inorder to feret out the facts.  

He's one step away from being an Al Sharpton.  And he certainly supports Sharpton.

Screw Bill Cosby.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Did anyone read his whole interview, or just the snippets taken out of some kind of context. What was the context of his speech?  We all know how the media works.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

freaking liberal douche

Just like Obama

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top