BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2012 5:34:37 PM EDT
National Review
March 30, 2012

The Murders That Don’t Count
By Rich Lowry

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/294962/murders-don-t-count-rich-lowry

...Everything about the Trayvon Martin case is a matter of contention. About this, though, there should be no doubt: If Martin had been shot by a black classmate, if he had been caught in a random crossfire, if he had looked at a gang member the wrong way, his death would have been relegated to the back pages of the local newspaper. Not a cause, not even a curiosity: Just another dead young black man. Nothing to see here. Please, move on...

Dear friends:
Please read the article before posting, it's well worth your time.
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. He's good.

He might be a moron, but he's right in the article the OP posted.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This thing reminds me of a couple of lines from Casablanca-

Ugarte: Too bad about those two German couriers, wasn’t it?
Rick: They got a lucky break. Yesterday they were just two German clerks. Today they’re the “Honored Dead”.

Martin gets whacked by a homie and you never hear of him.

"White Hispanic" does the deed and they'll probably put up a statue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]

What did you find objectionable in that article?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The entire Zimmerman/Martin MSM bullshit circus is political theater, hyped simply to increase the chances of the Kenyan getting re-elected.

Anybody who can't see that is an idiot.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn. He's good.

He might be a moron, but he's right in the article the OP posted.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Christ, what WASN'T objectionable in that article?

The title lines kick it off:

Al Sharpton Is Right

George Zimmerman should be charged.

And it goes downhill from there. The Trey-Trey affair is an excellent asshole litmus test, and Lowry failed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Impressive and totally apropos Casablanca reference  by Callgood. Rick Blaine was a true sage.  

Edited to add that R. Lowry and some other NR contributors definitely showed their asses by swallowing the initial narrative hook, line, and sinker. As a conservative columnist one should always remember:  If  your column contains an acknowledgement to the moral superiority of a position held by Rev. Sharpton you are in need of a trash can, a good drunk, and a long, tropical vacation. May WFB have mercy on their souls.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

And it goes downhill from there. The Trey-Trey affair is an excellent asshole litmus test, and Lowry failed.

Just because someone is an idiot doesn't mean they don't stumble on something correct once in a while.  It's certainly possible that Zimmerman should be charged.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like it better if the article didn't let the liberal reader assume that firearms are the problem.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The entire Zimmerman/Martin MSM bullshit circus is political theater, hyped simply to increase the chances of the Kenyan getting re-elected.

It's a perfect storm of inflaming racial tensions and even inciting violence, inciting political tensions and promoting the Obama reelection, and demonization of both Florida's self defense laws as well as concealed carry and the concept of armed self defense in its entirety.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

Just because someone is an idiot doesn't mean they don't stumble on something correct once in a while. It's certainly possible that Zimmerman should be charged.

No, he shouldn't, pending some new and completely unknown until now development. Charging him now would simply be a sop to the Black Panthers, Al, etc, in an effort to appease ignorant assholes.

I'm not going to derail this into a another GZ thread, so this will be my last post on the subjuct in this thread: Lowry is an ignorant asshole for jumping on board with Sharpton and for calling for charges against Zimmerman when none are warranted.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

Just because someone is an idiot doesn't mean they don't stumble on something correct once in a while.  It's certainly possible that Zimmerman should be charged.

He was arrested, handcuffed, and brought into the police station for questioning.  What more do you want?

Based on all the available evidence they had at the time, the police did not conclude that a crime was committed and he was released.  
As they continue the investigation, more information may come to light and it may indeed be enough to either arrest him outright, or for the prosecutor to present the evidence to a grand jury.

That's how it works in the United States, or at least how it should work.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

He was arrested, handcuffed, and brought into the police station for questioning.  What more do you want?

Based on all the available evidence they had at the time, the police did not conclude that a crime was committed and he was released.  
As they continue the investigation, more information may come to light and it may indeed be enough to either arrest him outright, or for the prosecutor to present the evidence to a grand jury.

A black man died, whitey should be fried...

Or something.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

Just because someone is an idiot doesn't mean they don't stumble on something correct once in a while. It's certainly possible that Zimmerman should be charged.

Then why didn't the Sanford PD to it? Oh yea, because there was no evidence of wrongdoing. The idiots are the people that still call for him to be charged for "insert bullshit charge here".

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anybody who can't see that is an idiot.

A complete fucking idiot who has been brainwashed by the MSM and mentally hobbled by political correctness.

I live in Baltimore. Hundreds die every year with nary a peep from the agitators.
Nearly all of them at the hand of other Blacks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The point's already been well covered by teh conservative media. Sadly - or as usual - the phenomena goes unmentioned by the MSM since it serves no agenda, and in fact would shine light on the liberal failures of gun control and welfare.

+1

When the media does this, it subconsciously brainwashes blacks into thinking they are inferior.  They did the same thing with Herman Cain.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<SNIP>

Or something.

I snipped it just so we don't have those huge quote trees.

There was an awesome episode of the reality show The First 48.  The episode was in Miami.  A black guy was inside a barber shop and a black thug came in to kill him.  But the guy getting the haircut got the drop on him and shot first and then took off.

The detectives methodically went about their investigation and finally caught up with the shooter.  After carefully examining all the available evidence, they determined that he shot and killed the thug in self-defense.  He was not charged with the homicide since it was deemed justifiable.  Now he was arrested for felon-in-possession because he happened to be a felon, but that was the only charge.

I know firsthand how imperfect our system is, but to have the Justice Department try to micromanage the Zimmerman case will mean that there is no hope of justice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<SNIP>

Or something.

There was an awesome episode of the reality show The First 48.  The episode was in Miami.  A black guy was inside a barber shop and a black thug came in to kill him.  But the guy getting the haircut got the drop on him and shot first and then took off.

The detectives methodically went about their investigation and finally caught up with the shooter.  After carefully examining all the available evidence, they determined that he shot and killed the thug in self-defense.  He was not charged with the homicide since it was deemed justifiable.  Now he was arrested for felon-in-possession because he happened to be a felon, but that was the only charge.

I know firsthand how imperfect our system is, but to have the Justice Department try to micromanage the Zimmerman case will mean that there is no hope of justice.
That was the one where they took the guy outside, pointed a gun at his head, pulled the trigger, and the gun didn't fire.  The victim then killed one and wounded the other, who confessed to his involvement.  Absent that guy's statement, they would probably have charged the victim with murder.  And it's shitty that they charged him with felon in possession because if he had not broken that law, he'd have been killed.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Al Sharpton Is Right

Then why didn't the Sanford PD to it? Oh yea, because there was no evidence of wrongdoing. The idiots are the people that still call for him to be charged for "insert bullshit charge here".

O RLY?

The parents of Trayvon Martin are asking the feds to investigate the state prosecutor who overruled the cop who wanted to arrest their son’s killer.
On the night of the killing, State's Attorney Norm Wolfinger reportedly nixed efforts by Sanford, Fla., Police Detective Chris Serino to charge George Zimmerman with manslaughter.
The Martin family will send a formal request for a review of Wolfinger’s actions to the Justice Department on Monday, lawyer Ben Crump told CNN Sunday.
Citing a report from the black community news site TheGrio.com that Wolfinger was at the Sanford police station that night to make the call in person, Crump said something was fishy.
"Why did he get out of his bed and go to the police station that night and overrule the lead investigator?" Crump said. “It doesn't fit well.”
Wolfinger stepped down from the case on March 22, saying he wanted to avoid “even the appearance of a conflict of interest.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/parents-trayvon-martin-feds-investigate-state-prosecutor-nixing-efforts-arrest-george-zimmerman-article-1.1054172#ixzz1qrXLgNjz
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it amazing that those who will actually travel to protest against Zimmerman refuse to cooperate with police investigating a murder next door.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

...Citing a report from the black community news site TheGrio.com that Wolfinger was at the Sanford police station that night to make the call in person, Crump said something was fishy...

Point proven. You're citing a story which has a 'black community news site', founded By the audio-editing propagandists of NBC, which lists none other than Al fucking Sharpton as a leading contributor, as it's source.

I have less than no respect for people who are going through some amazing logical contortions to try to paint this as anything other than a good shoot.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]

I didn't realize you'd switched articles until just now.  Yes, his views are idiotic in the opinion piece you posted. Yet in the opinion piece OP linked he seems to take direct aim at Sharpton's agenda.  Respectfully he got it right in the OP's link. So attribute it to the broke clock phenomena if you like.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I find it amazing that those who will actually travel to protest against Zimmerman refuse to cooperate with police investigating a murder next door.

I'm not even remotely surprised.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 4:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I heard Juan Williams this Sunday talking about the tray case and he mentioned a statistic that 50% of murders in this country are black people and out of those 95 or so percent were of those were committed by black people.  Not sure what point he was trying to make but to me he made the point that trayvon's murder means nothing to me and should mean nothing to pretty much anyone except his family...  

the other point i took away from this statement is a simple one... if 50% of murders in this country are black people and 95% of those murders were by black people if you add these numbers then throw in the other people by race killed by black people then the proof is that black people commit the overwhelming amount of murders in this country..

If 10% by race of a population commit ill say 70% of murders we have a much bigger problem then most of us know.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I heard Juan Williams this Sunday talking about the tray case and he mentioned a statistic that 50% of murders in this country are black people and out of those 95 or so percent were of those were committed by black people.  Not sure what point he was trying to make but to me he made the point that trayvon's murder means nothing to me and should mean nothing to pretty much anyone except his family...  

the other point i took away from this statement is a simple one... if 50% of murders in this country are black people and 95% of those murders were by black people if you add these numbers then throw in the other people by race killed by black people then the proof is that black people commit the overwhelming amount of murders in this country..

If 10% by race of a population commit ill say 70% of murders we have a much bigger problem then most of us know.

That's the Elephant in the shed that is rarely talked about.

And when it is, the blame will be squarely blamed on white people because they are still keeping the brother down.  Of course it can be solved by spending more money on welfare, food stamps and midnight basketball.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 4:50:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the Elephant in the shed that is rarely talked about.

And when it is, the blame will be squarely blamed on white people because they are still keeping the brother down.  Of course it can be solved by spending more money on welfare, food stamps and midnight basketball.  

The funny / sad thing about this is if you try and search for crime statistics by race you get allot of bullshit results. first was "Gun" crime in us but they still seem to hide the numbers within a study of economic / urban decay etc etc.  The fact is i deal with people of all races on a daily basis... i work in Brownsville Brooklyn which as the name hints is 95% black, putting the whole economic thing aside for a second i can tell you that IMO black people have a different "strange" perspective on lots of issues, again IMO sometimes i look at them and say to myself you a poster child for special needs. I'm not saying all and i deal with allot of black people who are owners of there own businesses who are economically doing fine and they still have a warped sense of how the world works. no matter how well they are doing they could be doing better is it were not for racism, Politics is racism, foreclosures are racism. Its amazing to talk to these guys as you will walk away wanting to kill yourself for even listening to them... Dont get me wrong for the most part these are smart guys and personally very likeable without a dishonest bone in there body but they just cant seem to get out of that "poor me" mentality.. its very sad that the people they look up to the most have sold them a bunch of bullshit that has put them into a mindset of mental slavery and its literary killing there race..

NOTE: this same warped sense of thinking is not shared by black people born in the west indies or Africa. Seems to be completely an issue of American born black people

The potential of a black child is no more or less then a white child, The difference comes down to the values they are being taught and the values of the leadership within their community.

This being said nothing will change this. There is allot of money being made by the racial justice groups at the expense of an entire generation of young black males. If it were not for the high rate of reproduction with in the black community they would go extinct in a matter of centuries.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Lets look at this from a realistic point of view, If you want to charge Zimmerman with murder you should have a good idea that 12 out of 12 jurors will find him "guilty of murder beyond a reasonable doubt". With what is known to us at ar15.com it looks like you would get about 3 of the 12 saying guilty. What that means is if tried by ar15.com right now he would walk and never would it be possible to try him again, just as with O.J. I don't know if he is guilty or not and I am certain that AL and Jessie don't know either. What I am certain of is  that Al and Jessie are using it to stir up racial hate, and that is a crime in the US and should be look into by the AG of the US, Eric Holder, which is not very likely. Holder has to go!
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
...Citing a report from the black community news site TheGrio.com that Wolfinger was at the Sanford police station that night to make the call in person, Crump said something was fishy...

Point proven. You're citing a story which has a 'black community news site', founded By the audio-editing propagandists of NBC, which lists none other than Al fucking Sharpton as a leading contributor, as it's source.

I have less than no respect for people who are going through some amazing logical contortions to try to paint this as anything other than a good shoot.

Seriously?  The point I was making is pretty simple and easy to background.  Calling BS on sources just because it uses the words "black community" is pretty lousy.  

Lawyers for the family of slain teenager Trayvon Martin have requested that the US Justice Department review why a Florida state prosecutor apparently rebuffed a police investigator who wanted to arrest the man who shot Trayvon.

The request Monday is the latest twist in a case that has sparked nationwide outcries about the judicial system.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0402/Trayvon-Martin-family-seeks-federal-review-of-Florida-prosecutors

The Justice Department initiated a query on March 19, but the family wants them to look into possible interference by State Attorney Norm Wolfinger's office with the Sanford police investigation of Martin’s Feb. 26 death, NBCMiami.com reported.
The Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from Wolfinger’s office in the shooting, but the state attorney's office held off until the case could be reviewed further, according to NBCMiami.com.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10983757-fbi-questions-people-in-trayvon-martin-case-begins-parallel-investigation

Now let's look at what you said:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you even tried to figure out what happened before insisting on your version being right?  Because it's quite clear to me, and anyone else who has read the news on this, that the Sanford PD did find evidence of wrong-doing and wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Seriously? The point I was making is pretty simple and easy to background. Calling BS on sources just because it uses the words "black community" is pretty lousy.

Lawyers for the family of slain teenager Trayvon Martin have requested that the US Justice Department review why a Florida state prosecutor apparently rebuffed a police investigator who wanted to arrest the man who shot Trayvon.

The request Monday is the latest twist in a case that has sparked nationwide outcries about the judicial system.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0402/Trayvon-Martin-family-seeks-federal-review-of-Florida-prosecutors

The Justice Department initiated a query on March 19, but the family wants them to look into possible interference by State Attorney Norm Wolfinger's office with the Sanford police investigation of Martin’s Feb. 26 death, NBCMiami.com reported.

The Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from Wolfinger’s office in the shooting, but the state attorney's office held off until the case could be reviewed further, according to NBCMiami.com.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10983757-fbi-questions-people-in-trayvon-martin-case-begins-parallel-investigation

Have you even tried to figure out what happened before insisting on your version being right?

Wow, lawyers hired by the family are making all sorts of accusations against Sanford PD? Gosh, I bet their clients baby dint do nuffin!

My 'version' is the truth as born out by actual facts, as opposed to family attorney statements and articles in black community newsletters. You should try 'considering the source' sometimes. But if you want to climb up Mt.Dumbass with Rich Lowry, Al Sharpton, and the rest of the Trey-Tray Alliance, go for it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously? The point I was making is pretty simple and easy to background. Calling BS on sources just because it uses the words "black community" is pretty lousy.

Have you even tried to figure out what happened before insisting on your version being right?

Wow, lawyers hired by the family are making all sorts of accusations against Sanford PD? Gosh, I bet their clients baby dint do nuffin!

My 'version' is the truth as born out by actual facts, as opposed to family attorney statements and articles in black community newsletters. You should try 'considering the source' sometimes. But if you want to climb up Mt.Dumbass with Rich Lowry, Al Sharpton, and the rest of the Trey-Tray Alliance, go for it.

Let's try this again, shall we?

The Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from Wolfinger’s office in the shooting, but the state attorney's office held off

The Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from Wolfinger’s office in the shooting

Is there something else I can do to try and make this sink in, or is any source on the internet not reliable enough to overcome what you apparently "just know" to be correct?
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Is there something else I can do to try and make this sink in, or is any source on the internet not reliable enough to overcome what you apparently "just know" to be correct?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/sanford-fla-posts-letter-about-why-zimmerman-has-not-been-arrested-in-teens-death/2012/03/21/gIQAdm1ISS_blog.html

"Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense, which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony,” the letter, signed by Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr., says. "By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time.”

You've zealously followed every link that tries to paint GZ in a negative light or the shoot as a bad shoot, I'm sure.

Now try looking at the rest of the evidence and understand that Trey-Tray acted in such a manner as to warrant getting shot.

I stand by and reiterate my earlier statement: At this point, anyone calling for GZ's arrest is an idiot.
ETA:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/State-Attorney-Norm-Wolfinger-outraged-by-federal-review-request/-/1637132/10042672/-/tovmqt/-/index.html

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is "outraged by the outright lies" contained in a letter by the family of Trayvon Martin's attorney asking for a review of his actions with police in Martin's death investigation...

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<SNIP>

Or something.

That was the one where they took the guy outside, pointed a gun at his head, pulled the trigger, and the gun didn't fire.  The victim then killed one and wounded the other, who confessed to his involvement.  Absent that guy's statement, they would probably have charged the victim with murder.  And it's shitty that they charged him with felon in possession because if he had not broken that law, he'd have been killed.

Thank you for the correction.  It was a great case which really restores your faith in humanity.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Well I think they (media/race hustlers) have overplayed their hand.  I am seeing a potential backlash from this....people are tired of this BS, and people are not 'falling in line' to the rhetoric as in the past.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top