Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:53:44 AM EDT
http://www.click2houston.com/news/Walmart-guard-pulls-out-Taser-during-confrontation-with-teens/-/1735978/9866772/-/uyo5nwz/-/index.html

HOUSTON -
A parking lot confrontation at a Walmart between an off-duty police officer and several teenagers almost got violent, and it was all caught on a cellphone camera.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Needs to be fired.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, this is gonna be good!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
that taser looked quite a bit like a gun, with out LE identification that seems like a great way to get shot by someone who could easily mistake that as a threat against their life.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]
When a cop pulls out a taser and approaches you.............I THINK HE IS SERIOUS!  If you need to ask, then you're the dumb ass
betcha they won't be doing that anymore          
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
DON'T TAZE ME BRO!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When a cop pulls out a taser and approaches you.............I THINK HE IS SERIOUS!  If you need to ask, then you're the dumb ass

I hope they went and did it the next night. What exactly are they doing to deserve being tazed?

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem with those kids learning about electricity.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#10]
yup just as i thought a couple of Trayvons.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

he may be a licensed peace officer, but at the time he wasn't a cop, he was a security guard.  he handled that situation very poorly and should have just asked them to leave right away. what the hell was he going to do with their ID anyway? use the system for non official purposes and try to dig up some dirt?

ask them to leave, if they don't, call the on duty cops and have them deal with it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I weep for the future.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#13]
The officer is WAY over reacting.....
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

he may be a licensed peace officer, but at the time he wasn't a cop, he was a security guard.  he handled that situation very poorly and should have just asked them to leave right away. what the hell was he going to do with their ID anyway? use the system for non official purposes and try to dig up some dirt?

ask them to leave, if they don't, call the on duty cops and have them deal with it.

But they're kids, or black or something, so fuck them, it's the Arfcom way man
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cop is a dick head. Doesnt matter what age the people he is talking to. He needs to be bagging groceries in that wal mart tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
that taser looked quite a bit like a gun, with out LE identification that seems like a great way to get shot by someone who could easily mistake that as a threat against their life.  

The badge might have been a clue
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here, wal-mart hires the city to provide uniformed police. So, they are police stationed at the door.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here, wal-mart hires the city to provide uniformed police insecure jerk offs. So, there are police stationed at the door.

Fixed.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]
That guy needs to remember which uniform he's wearing. A wallyworld security guard puts his hands on me he'll regret it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and if you disagree, there will be protest marches, hoodies donned, you dragged through the mud on facebook, etc.

WTF where the kids doing there to begin with?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]
wait a second....

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#23]

that "cop" was half hispanic

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and if you disagree, there will be protest marches, hoodies donned, you dragged through the mud on facebook, etc.

WTF were the kids doing there to begin with?

WTF does it matter? They weren't committing any crimes. Is it OK to taze people for standing in front of a store now?

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Here, wal-mart hires the city to provide uniformed police. So, they are police stationed at the door.

they said he was working for a security company
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, looks like he was in his PD uniform and also packing.

Still, not a smart move. Should have called the cops on duty and have the kids removed. A Wally World parking lot is not a fucking playground.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF were the kids doing there to begin with?

WTF does it matter? They weren't committing any crimes. Is it OK to taze people for standing in front of a store now?

Of course, they are lucky not to have been shot, fuck them and anyone who thinks the have the right to move about freely, this is sparta Arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Badges are a dime a dozen. They give 19 year olds who do theft prevention badges at Target.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Wal Mart says it asked the company not to schedule the former cop/guard for any more shifts at their stores. That's nice, but they ought to schedule him for a few shifts at the local nut house.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Needs to be fired.

This. Pretty simple really.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like a douchebag LEO looking to escalate a situation unnecessarily.

I  do not understand why anyone would pick a fight unless its the last possible solution. He should have called the police and waited (assuming they were just video taping run away carts, as the article says).
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Cop/Security Guard couldn't resolve that situation without resorting to threats of violence?  Yeah....he isn't qualified for work..my opinion...doesn't matter...but i wouldn't want him to be in charge of law enforcement.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#33]
All they had to do was respect his authoritah.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because you know white kids havent done this before..   Some of you all are fucking retarded

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like a douchebag LEO looking to escalate a situation unnecessarily.

I  do not understand why anyone would pick a fight unless its the last possible solution. He should have called the police and waited (assuming they were just video taping run away carts, as the article says).

Called them for what??  Because this insecure hall monitor was strutting his stuff??

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You like that right, "those" kids...  If they would have been white he would have been pissed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#38]
he fits in with the people of walmart
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#39]
It would have been a better video if they did get tazed.

"Ma baba din' video nuffin'"
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Kids with no respect for authority? In todays time? color me surprised.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#41]
That piece of shit needs to be fired from both jobs and the kids need to press charges for assault.

these so called police officers will not learn until their leadership gets it through their heads that a cops opinion is not law.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Needs to be fired.

This. Pretty simple really.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Gecko45?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Needs to be fired tazed.

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#46]
The kids were up to no good and looking for trouble and i bet theres still more to the story.

They were out playing stupid games stiring the turd
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Kids with no respect for authority? In todays time? color me surprised.  

you dont have authority just because you wear a uniform and get a paycheck from walmart....

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Was that officers last name Farva?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cop is a dick head. Doesnt matter what age the people he is talking to. He needs to be bagging groceries in that wal mart tomorrow.

What transpired before the camera was recording?  Teens being beligerent?  Teens causing problems with the officer?  You don't know what was going on before the camera started recording.  Hopefully you don't have a substantial position of authority.  You have no idea of the context of a situation, yet you rush to judge.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Needs more karate kicks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top