Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2012 10:21:58 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a place to hunt wild/feral hogs around Panama City?
Late June, early July?
Close enough for a day trip?

Sitting in the sun on the beach, working on melanoma, just doesn't appeal to me...
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Try to hook up with a chopper hunting company. I don't know if there are any in FL.

In TX., you would be golden.

Have you checked out any of the airborne pig hunting videos on youtube?
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a place to hunt wild/feral hogs around Panama City?
Late June, early July?
Close enough for a day trip?

Sitting in the sun on the beach, working on melanoma, just doesn't appeal to me...

There's a lot of Eglin AF land around there and a lot of St Joe Paper Co. land that is open to hunting ... or at least used to be.  Dont know how many hogs are there but up Hwy 231  there is lots of land too.  Wish I could be more help but its been years since I lived there.  

Go to the Fla. Hometown Forum ...should have some luck there.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's going to be warm and humid. Better skin the critter fast and have a big cooler with ice standing by.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
here's what some enterprising arfcommer should do..

played call of duty? been able to call in an ac130?

goes like this, you get some copter or airplaine, you mount a minigun in it with a remotely controlled infrared targeting apparatus and camera with a real time internet hookup.

you then craft a web enabled display to look like the COD ac130 control screen.

for legality's sake you have a minigun operator that unsafe's the weapon. this is to avoid the issue that came up a while back where folks were hunting deer with networked remotely controlled sniper rifle over the internet.

then you sell time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was stationed there we always hunted wild hogs at places like La Vila, Salty Dawgs, The Dogpound, Tan Fannies, Show n' Tail, Cheetah's, etc
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Lotsa feral hogs on the beach, just catch them during the off season when they don't have spring break college guys chasing them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I was stationed there we always hunted wild hogs at places like La Vila, Salty Dawgs, The Dogpound, Tan Fannies, Show n' Tail, Cheetah's, etc

What was the name of the one strip club, The Black Cat or soemthing? it was down near the end of the strip.

NVM I think it was show n tail and the sigh had a black cat on it They had $1 beers from like 4pm-8pm, we used to get tanked and watch the C-Team strippers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the name of the one strip club, The Black Cat or soemthing? it was down near the end of the strip.

NVM I think it was show n tail and the sigh had a black cat on it They had $1 beers from like 4pm-8pm, we used to get tanked and watch the C-Team strippers.

Memory is fuzzy, sure it has changed since the late 90's. Forgot to add Beach Bunnies

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on the type of hog... they don't let too many ugly ones on the beach until after spring break.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Show n' Tail has been gone for a while. I think it burned down. IM sure lots of crabs lost their lives during that fire.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know of any in PC but if your willing to drive to Tally go here...

Joe Budd

Private land hunts are the only way to go. But if that's not an option, Joe Budd has a huge Hog population.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top