BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Govt is us? Are you kidding? Not being represented here, half of society pays no income tax. They've learned to steal money through their votes. But as you say, that's how things work. Welcome to how a republic works. Our reps/senators who were voted in, voted for TARP, bailouts, Obama's insane spending... but as you say, that's how things work so who are we to complain?

No, I am not kidding. Gov't IS us.

Gov't will not always mirror your vierws exactly,and this holds even more true the more you move from the center in your personal political views.
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I grew up in the hood, knew lots of underprivileged youths.

They had the same education I did, and lived in the same neighborhood.

The problem is they would rather "get over" than work.

The allure of thug life is strong.

Why would you work in a minimum wage job when you can get a check in your mail box from the Government, and be a gangster, with the accompanying cash and excitement.
Liberal guilt enables this lifestyle choice.
I moved out, and my Mom did years later after getting accosted in her front yard by some teenagers.

That's been my view for a long time now. These fuckers (and that would be welfare recipients without regards to race) grow up in the same damn neighborhood, go to the same damn schools, have the same damn friends as I did and they still can't get their shit straight.

ETA, I got into an argument with a childhood friend of mine a few years ago. Black guy, he was mad at me because I had a good job and a nice house on a golf course while he was forced to sell drugs to make a living. This is the same guy I've known since we were about 9-10 years old, lived down the street from each other, went to the same schools and had the same friends until we hit our 30s. I had to give him a big WTF, I still see him every now and then but I try to avoid that shit. Attitudes like that get you no where and I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2012 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The people who own the house next door to mine rented their house out to some gypsies. Not Section 8, just trashy. Three generations under one roof, between 15-20 people living there. About 7 new luxury cars parked all up and down the street. None of the school-aged kids EVER went to school, they just played in the backyard and on the street all day. Loud, rude, creepy people.

It turned out that from the day they moved in, they never paid a cent in rent. They lived there about 3-4 months while the eviction process was taking place.

One day they just dissapeared. When the owner showed up, all the wood floors had been pulled up and stolen, light fixtures gone, etc.

The owner of the house came to us in a fit; we told them it served them right.

Why come to you? Did the owners feel that you should have been looking after the property or something?
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The people who own the house next door to mine rented their house out to some gypsies. Not Section 8, just trashy. Three generations under one roof, between 15-20 people living there. About 7 new luxury cars parked all up and down the street. None of the school-aged kids EVER went to school, they just played in the backyard and on the street all day. Loud, rude, creepy people.

It turned out that from the day they moved in, they never paid a cent in rent. They lived there about 3-4 months while the eviction process was taking place.

One day they just dissapeared. When the owner showed up, all the wood floors had been pulled up and stolen, light fixtures gone, etc.

The owner of the house came to us in a fit; we told them it served them right.

Why come to you? Did the owners feel that you should have been looking after the property or something?

I would guess just venting.

Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
For the trolls in this thread:

I do not care if they are poor.
I do not care what color they are.  In fact I never mentioned it, if you drew that conclusion you were the one making the leap that section 8 means black.

I do care that section 8 breads crime, and destroys surrounding property value, it has been proven is well known, and not open for debate.  If the section 8 people of your own experience have been different, you are lucky, but the vast majority are not, section 8 moves in, the neighborhood gets trashed, crime goes through the roof, property values are destroyed, and all this breads even more section 8 until the neighborhood is turned in to a ghetto.  It has been proven, and happens over, and over again.  It's no coincidence that the ghetto has a high percentage of section 8, and the good areas have none.

Their is a reason I did not move to Detroit even though I could have literally got a house for $100.  Their is a reason they can't even give houses away, it's a third world hell hole, their is a reason that I took great care not to move in to a ghetto, why I stayed up nights researching the crime rates of any area I was looking at, I do not want my neighborhood turning in to a ghetto.

Again I do not care if they are poor.
I do not care what color they are.

I do not want ghetto trash living next door to me, and I do not want my neighborhood turned in to a ghetto, why should I have to move when I did nothing wrong?  Why should I have to sell my house for pennies on the dollar just because of my absentee landlord "neighbor" who decided it was OK to destroy the neighborhood, my property value, and inflict a crime wave on us all just for a government check?  It took this guy about 2 months just to realize his last tenants moved apparently, and now it looks like he wants the section 8 "easy money" at the cost of the rest of us, funny how he doesn't live here.

If you think section 8 is so great, why don't you try living next to one?  Somehow I don't think I'll get many volunteers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just FYI: There are ads appearing in newspapers and on TV, and on buses and trains, here in Hong Kong for 'guaranteed government income' properties in the US. The ads typically say you can buy several houses (5, 8, the number varies) for some low sum ($100k, $150k, again it varies) and have 'guaranteed government income' -  obviously referring to Section 8 or some other govt housing scheme.

So the owners of those houses might be living 10,000 miles away. Given the attitude to maintenance of the HK landlord - that is, the purpose of property is for money to come out of it, not to put more money in - they won't give a sh*t what happens to the properties as long as the 'income' keeps coming in from the govt.

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top