Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I think it was Enigma who said he was a witness to a car being used by insurgents that got engaged by a M2. The guy in the backseat was almost split in half.

Yeah, but that dude had been eating pop rocks.

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very graphic.  Body parts flying, dead taliban, nsfw, not safe for home if your kids are around.

50 cal sniper rifles at work.

oh for fucks sake, again?

hey man, taliban be very desperate, they are now recruiting AMERIKAN ROCK CHUCKS into their ranks. god (allah) knows what you have to say to a rock chuck to get it to convert to islam and hell, what military function do these hapless beasts play in the overall scheme of moslem world domination, and when a rock chuck becomes a shaheed and gives his life for allah, what does he get? 72 rock chuck virgins?  by the beard of the prophet reality is stranger than fiction.

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Holy shit!  Haven't seen that Rambo...that scene is hardcore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have always heard that said, or "It will turn you inside out".
Has anyone actually seen the effect of the 50 on a human target?  
Figured the bullet probably doesn't tumble much or come apart like the 5.56.  Just puts a 50 cal hole right thru.
I imagine the spall from a hit on a barricade could cause some serious injuries.

It's not a myth. I seen an Iraqi with a basketball sized hole in his chest by a 50.
Guess I served with in Iraq told me about seeing a guy cut in half at the midsection by a 50
Other members on ARF who've been in combat have said similiar things.

EB Sledge said he saw an enemy soldier cut in half with a multiple hits from a BAR (30-06).

In John L Plaster's book "Ultimate sniper" he recounts stories about guys being cut in half with a 50. Also it "No True Glory" by Bing West, he talks about a sniper taking a shot on a guy on a water tower. His upper body fell off the tower and his legs stayed on the catwalk.

A single .50 BMG isn't going to cut a guy in half unless he gets shot multiple times across the midsection. I can't believe you would think such a thing would be credible. To me it's fucking hilarious that people in this thread think it's even possible.

Uh, you mean people with real battlefield experience?

I had a former Army combat engineer guy that told me he had a Mattel M16 and got in a huff with me when I called him on it and said he was mistaken (he also claimed the M16 was a piece of shit which I also disputed). Yeah people are mistaken or embellish. It happens ALL the time.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen pictures of Taliban who took .50BMP center mass, looked exploded like in T2 where the liquid metal terminator got blown up, midsection hanging
on by a slim thread.

Here draw your own conclusions:

(COLD)  http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/603/deadinslarge.jpg

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, a bunch of grainy 1/2" X 1/2" thumbnails with no context or reference proves it.

A .50 taken center mass will clean rip you in half!

You can't argue with actual military photos!
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, a bunch of grainy 1/2" X 1/2" thumbnails with no context or reference proves it.

A .50 taken center mass will clean rip you in half!

You can't argue with actual military photos!

You no compooter gud.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have seen pictures of Taliban who took .50BMP center mass, looked exploded like in T2 where the liquid metal terminator got blown up, midsection hanging
on by a slim thread.

I'm going to go ahead and say those pics where taken in Iraq and there is no proof at all the guy cut in half was shot with a fifty.  Next.

editL spelling
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

on by a slim thread.

We have no context for those pics and are you seriously insinuating that the guy laying in pieces was ripped apart by a .50?

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is picture of the wound channel in gelatin for a .50 BMG .750gr A-Max.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/hornadyamax.html

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some sniper show on the history channel had a marine sniper that took out a group of taliturds behind a wall with a Raufoss round... he said all you saw was a red mist.

The 'mist' is caused by the explosion of the hard substrate; the concrete wall. It's much tougher than flesh and bone, and as such it will cause the bullet to expend some serious energy; it blows a hole through the wall, and it's still coming for you. The bullet most likely frags, at which point you'd be getting hit by like 4 140gr. bullets and a pound of sintered concrete or clay brick.
End result???? Poof! You're a stain on the wall behind you.

Bullets, whether large or small tend to not make huge holes unless the construction of the bullet is optimized to do some specific damage. A DU .50 round will make a very clean .50 hole thru a person, and if there was no bone or hard tissue hit, it would do less damage than one imagines. Oh, you'd spring a helluva leak, to be sure. But the bullet is so heavy and solid in construction that human tissue poses no barrier for the bullet.
If you want to see DAMAGE; try using 165gr. ballistic tips on a 30-06, or 308. Toss a head shot on a coyote. Better still, have a buddy do it while you watch. The dog's eyes go like this:
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Figured the bullet probably doesn't tumble much or come apart like the 5.56.  Just puts a 50 cal hole right thru.

I imagine the spall from a hit on a barricade could cause some serious injuries.

It's not a myth. I seen an Iraqi with a basketball sized hole in his chest by a 50.

Guess I served with in Iraq told me about seeing a guy cut in half at the midsection by a 50

EB Sledge said he saw an enemy soldier cut in half with a multiple hits from a BAR (30-06).

In John L Plaster's book "Ultimate sniper" he recounts stories about guys being cut in half with a 50. Also it "No True Glory" by Bing West, he talks about a sniper taking a shot on a guy on a water tower. His upper body fell off the tower and his legs stayed on the catwalk.

A single .50 BMG isn't going to cut a guy in half unless he gets shot multiple times across the midsection. I can't believe you would think such a thing would be credible. To me it's fucking hilarious that people in this thread think it's even possible.

I had a former Army combat engineer guy that told me he had a Mattel M16 and got in a huff with me when I called him on it and said he was mistaken (he also claimed the M16 was a piece of shit which I also disputed). Yeah people are mistaken or embellish. It happens ALL the time.

Not among many witnesses who served

and my own damn lieing eyes

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You're saying you personally saw a guy cut in half by one shot from a .50BMG?

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I seen a guy with a basketball sized whole in his chest. Scout Sniper from 82nd Airborne got that one, that I saw.

Not ripped in half. But other accounts from good sources have said they've seen people cut in half by one.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn these arguments!

Only a .45 is capable of ripping a man in half, if not disintegrating him.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
on by a slim thread.

Last two we're from a M242 25 mm chain.

(Lurker of gore sites)
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I seen a guy with a basketball sized whole in his chest. Scout Sniper from 82nd Airborne got that one, that I saw.

Not ripped in half. But other accounts from good sources have said they've seen people cut in half by one.

Large exit wound /= cutting a guy clean in half like you implied. I'm not denying that the .50 cal can create some horrific exit wounds and I'm sure with enough shots it can cut a man in half, but there's just no way a man is ever going to be cut in half in a realistic sense until you hang a man by his arms and go to town on him while he's hanging there in the wind.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Why is it hard for everybody to grasp the idea that circumstance plays a huge part in the damage a .50 causes? Not every shot will be clean, and not every shot will rip a man in half.  I'll say from my own experiences that I can BELIEVE it, given the proper circumstances, but I have never seen it... and I think it's generally unlikely.

I have seen a man ALMOST ripped in half by TWO rounds from a .50.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#19]
lots of interesting infor and much holyfuck in this thread

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Perhaps, even with all of the personal military experience of this forum, there remains a secret .50BMG military munition that is HE and designed for detonation on soft tissue. Perhaps Cor-Bon made a top secret Glaser Pre-fragmented .50 BMG military-only munition. Or even better yet, Extreme Shock has a listing in their catalog for a 675-grain @ 2846fps, and costs 9.66 each and comes in the elusive box of 15.

Perhaps one of these top-secret military-only high-explosive pre-fragmented rounds, if used on enemy combatants under 40kg, and under 50 Meters, while they are doing jumping jacks, and have a stomach full of water, might fall victim of the waist-severing specific design of the bullet, especially if he already has a bomb wrapped around his body ready to detonate.. If the right conditions are met, anything is possible, however, realistically speaking it does not seem likely that with normal military issue munitions, the .50 BMG alone will cause a human of normal stature to have complete severing of the abdominal cavity.

But, reputable operators have reported on television interviews that it can happen, and that should not be ignored. As such, no photos of said incidents are labeled as such, as viewed on public searches. Conditions would have to be 100% perfect, ammo choice again is the main factor, but maybe it has happened. Frequently though, I have not seen anything to suggest that this is remotely true. Perhaps the isolated incidents were in fact also a result of some other detonation caused from the impact of the .50 and an unknown explosive/ munition on the person being shot. This seems closer to possible realms than merely just a single projectile.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Fake.

Next to me sits a few guys which made the muzzle flashes and other shits

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 1:50:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You can only use a .50 against equipment not personnel because of the geneva convention, so just aim at their belt buckle.

Myth
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There's an old photo floating around of a .50 headshot taken in Iraq. They guy still had some head left...pretty messed up though.

If its of a guy in the back of a car, that was my old unit in 03-04 in iraq
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some sniper show on the history channel had a marine sniper that took out a group of taliturds behind a wall with a Raufoss round... he said all you saw was a red mist.

Read up on the round. The shot was taken through a wall.

Once those two are understood, you'd understand why all he saw was red mist

That. The Raufoss is a party in every round.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That. The Raufoss is a party in every round.
I want to see a GAU-19 fire off a few thousand rounds of that. At a building.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's an Afghanistan video where all you see is a cloud of dust and a human arm and shoulder flying through the air tumbling end over end.

GRAPHIC

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5600920080174465066

Misleading video, this was of a rock chuck or some similar varmint

And nowhere near 8000 feet. Isn't the resord for a killshot something like 6600 feet?
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not a human, but you get the idea.

.50bmg vs whitetail

What's woth youtube and their related videos? From this vid to killing a pig with a shotgun, to buffalo kill with machete goes wrong to man cuts off his penis?
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My army recruiter was a former sniper. He said that a .50cal pushes so much air that a near miss can still cause damage. "It will tear an arm off if it just misses"

Not sure if its true, but I did see pictures of him in Iraq with a barret, and it was confirmed he was a sniper.

No, 50 is how much bigger than .45?  It's just a large grain round hitting something.  When the round hits it just blows through you.  If it hits a joint like a shoulder, knee o what ever, yeah it will sever it, but it won't vaporize you as some might think.  Granted its traveling very fast and has a shit load of energy when it impacts but you ain't gonna turn to a pink mist I it hits you.

Diameter or weight? Sure you have .451" against .510", but keep in mind it's 230 grains at low velocity against almost 700 grains at high velocity. Tearing parts off by missing is still bullshit but there's more to bullet size than diameter too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can only use a .50 against equipment not personnel because of the geneva convention, so just aim at their belt buckle.

Myth

NO WAY BRO

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My army recruiter was a former sniper. He said that a .50cal pushes so much air that a near miss can still cause damage. "It will tear an arm off if it just misses"

Not sure if its true, but I did see pictures of him in Iraq with a barret, and it was confirmed he was a sniper.

This recruiter is full of shit. They're like used car salesmen, but they lie more often.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted: My army recruiter was a former sniper. He said that a .50cal pushes so much air that a near miss can still cause damage. "It will tear an arm off if it just misses" Not sure if its true, but I did see pictures of him in Iraq with a barret, and it was confirmed he was a sniper.
Thats horse shit.
Yep, he's just kidding you man. A near miss from a .50 will not remove a limb. It'll scare the p00p out of you though! Here's some actual test footage posted on Youtube using different weapons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w22M1DAQ59I

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top