Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
page 3 appears cuddly

then.......BAM!

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This could have been aired under more useful educational titles for public safety.

-How to get bit by a dog

-What not to do to unfamiliar dog

-Common ways to get your face bit

-If you know dogs, you know whats coming

-you know you fucked up when...

-hold my beer and watch this..

I have seen a few other videos that the person got bit pretty much the same way, one was with a GSD K-9

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]

TV anchor got 70 stitches after on-air dog bite    

DENVER     (AP) –– A Denver morning
television anchor who was bitten in the face by an 85-pound dog during a
live broadcast says she needed 70 stitches in her lips and nose.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TELEVISED_DOG_BITE?SITE=OHCOD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

DENVER     (AP) –– A Denver morning television anchor who was bitten in the face by an 85-pound dog during a live broadcast says she needed 70 stitches in her lips and nose.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TELEVISED_DOG_BITE?SITE=OHCOD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I find that almost hard to believe. That dog must have gotten her just right. He barely nipped at her.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

DENVER     (AP) –– A Denver morning television anchor who was bitten in the face by an 85-pound dog during a live broadcast says she needed 70 stitches in her lips and nose.

I find that almost hard to believe. That dog must have gotten her just right. He barely nipped at her.  

yep, I'm gonna need pics. Until then...........

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's got a big mouth. Add that to the fact that the "victim" is a woman and they probably used stitches as small as possible to try and reduce scarring.  The same bite on a man's face would have probably been 10-20 stitches.

ETA-it was peobably an irregularly shaped wound too. More wound edges would mean more surface to stitch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dogo Argentino's are about the only breed of dog that scare me.

They are just one of many dominant breed dogs. I wouldn't mind one at all.  

I've spent some time with a pack of Dogos while hunting in Argentina.  Well bred, they are a fine animal.  

I fucking abhor the APBT...the Dogo is everything that the APBT should have been was.  

FIFY

Snd did you do any hunting with the dogos in your time there?
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't put your face near a dog that you don't know well.  I guess that is too complicated for some?

This!
My friend the dog breeder/owner/handler has told me this same thing MANY times.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, I'm gonna need pics. Until then...........

I'm with you on that. I've thought about it and I've seen the video several times. I just can't see 70 very small stitches as a result of that bite. 5-10 absolute worst case scenario.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top